Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
But my point is can you legally adopt an adult when his parents are alive and are taking good care of him at least financially and the person hasn't even been subjected to mental strain irrespective of whether they give him time or not
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

But my point is can you legally adopt an adult when his parents are alive and are taking good care of him at least financially and the person hasn't even been subjected to mental strain irrespective of whether they give him time or not

I am not aware of the adoption laws.

I feel that according to law, if a woman/man cannot marry again without divorcing her/his spouse even of they stay separately for years then how can a man decide to adopt another boy just like that? Even if Pinku is not a minor and his parents don't stay with him but still they fulfill his financial needs. They have not completely abandoned him.

So I think Champak will be asked to first take Pinku's parents permission, get a legal document signed by them that they have no objection if he adopts Pinku and fulfills all his needs. 

I think this might be Champak's plan so that Pinku's parents can come back to him. 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am not sure about adoption for an adult but I think his parents have to appear before the court. Abandoning parents is also not allowed as per law. Pinku has to explain why he wants to get adopted.

Champak has no source of income and is dependent on Jetha. Pinku comes from a upper middle class family. This is a perfect way of ruining his future because after adoption he loses all his right over his biological parents and their property. He cannot claim for Jetha's property either. 
Edited by dey.bh - 6 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: dey.bh

I am not sure about adoption for an adult but I think his parents have to appear before the court. Abandoning parents is also not allowed as per law. Pinku has to explain why he wants to get adopted.

Champak has no source of income and is dependent on Jetha. Pinku comes from a upper middle class family. This is a perfect way of ruining his future because after adoption he loses all his right over his biological parents and their property. He cannot claim for Jetha's property either. 

True from the looks it seems that Pinku is richer than Jetha and family, so making him.adopted by someone dependant on Jetha n family is nothing but stupidity. Plus as you said an adult being adopted by someone is like abandoning the parents
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
One of the worst tracks, absolutely no logic, 
The lawyer within few minutes cleared the adoption and just needed a few papers.
For adoption one has to show income. 
Age is a huge factor
Pinku is no baby that he cannot take care of himself that he needs adopting. Pinku cannot even speak up for himself?
The parents arrive with the police and everyone just concludes they were in jail.
What ever the nonsense...

bottom line Indian audience lap it up. It is riding high on trp 
Kulasya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
For the adoption laws , what I think is Pinku is 19 years old . So no one can force him anything against his will . If he wants to get adopted to Champak , he happily can as Champak is ready for it . I don't think he needs his parent's permission. There is a law that u can't abandon ur parents , true that. But there abandoning means abandoning your senior citizen or dependent parents. Pinku's parents are neither senior citizens nor dependent on him .  So they are fine with adopting .  
                                    But if Champak would have adopted him , Pinku wouldn't have any rights in his parent's property . Champak is not at all rich than his parents. Plus Pinku had no problem in these 19 years before suddenly all started to ask him about his parents. 

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
That depends. In love jihad case, the girl's father has filed a case and despite the fact that the girl is an adult the case is still going on. In Pinku's case he is still dependent upon his parents and Champak has no financial security. So, parents will be summoned even if he is an adult.

Ketakee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I think if one of the couple who dont have kids like Iyer- Babita or Tarak- Anjali  have shown adopting pinku then it would have looked more sensible and also the so called msg they were tring to coney that how GD people were caring for Pinku..that message would have looked more accurate with any of these couple...as in ..if you dont come to visit your son his new parents are ready to adopt him bla bla..
Also a couple who dont have kids ready to adopt a boy who missed parents love look more perfect than dadaji adopting him. How come dadaji will fulfill the vacant place of mother and father ?? Also his financial responcibilities???