Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

SS : Handa- The Loner, Part 13 Pg 35[19/03/19]

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

First Shot 

It was a beautiful morning for those who cared to notice.Geet Handa was certainly not one of them.

Head straight up and eyes looking at nothing particular, she was waiting for her bus to arrive.Her phone binged with a few messages.

"Call me please."

"I miss you..."

"Let's talk.And please don't shut me out. At least I deserve this.Don't tell me that the last six months didn't mean anything to you."

"Give me a last chance."

"V need to talk. Wat u doing tonight?"

"Let's b frds."

She scrolled through the messages and immediately sent them to the bin.It was while she was deleting the texts when he came to stand next to her.

"Good morning,Geet!"

"What a lovely morning,isn't it?"

"I hope you'd an amazing weekend."

This overly cheerful voice could only belong to one person and it was enough to spoil her mood.

"I don't remember giving you the permission to use my first name."

"Come on now Geet. After knowing each other for so long you can't possibly expect me to Miss n mess around you?" And he flashed her,his dazzling smile.She was nothing if not immune to such worldly attractions.

"I don't consider six months,a really long time."

"6 months did you say? And I say 186 days which is equal to 4464 hours which equals to 267840 minutes which in turn equals to 16070400 seconds. My goodness, I can't believe I've known you for so long."

She did not reply not because he'd rendered her speechless but because she didn't think such utterly ridiculous comments deserved replies.

"Why didn't you reply to my message?"

"I didn't want to."

"Have you always been rude or is it just me?"

"Listen Mr.Singh,I have told you time and again,I have no interest whatsoever in talking to you.So please leave me alone.Sending me messages, dropping to say Hi, hello and discussing our days and plans as if we know each other is very uncomfortable to me. "

"But we do know each other.We are..."

"Nothing.We are nothing to each other.And for the last time, keep your distance."

Her bus arrived right on cue and she left him standing there.Any other person might have been discouraged, felt humiliated or cursed her. Not Maan. It took more than that to dampen his spirits.As he saw her taking the window seat,he waved at her and shouted,"Have a nice day Geet. Meet you in the evening."

Geet behaved as if she was deaf and blind which led him to shake his head at her behaviour. His bus also arrived and unlike Geet he wasn't lucky to find a seat so he had to stand all the way to his destination. He checked the time. Divya must have woken up by now.

"U awake babe?"

"Yep"

"Have prepared the breakfast."

"I know.You always do."

"Wat wud u do without me?"

"Can't fathom. Gotta go now.I'm running late."

"Luv u so much."

"Hmm.Same here."

"Take care."

"Hmm.You too."

Any other person might have picked on the cold responses but not Maan.Or maybe he did but chose to ignore. It took more than this to dampen his spirit. 

-------------------------------

CONTENTS

FIRST SHOT - PG 1

SECOND SHOT - PG 2 

THIRD SHOT - PG 5 

FOURTH SHOT - PG 10  

FIFTH SHOT- PG 13 

SIXTH SHOT- PG 22

SEVENTH SHOT - PG 23

EIGHT SHOT - PG 23

NINTH SHOT - PG 26

TENTH SHOT - PG  29

ELEVENTH SHOT - PG 30

TWELFTH SHOT - PG 35

THIRTEENTH SHOT - PG 35

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushibloom thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey congrats for new story
Do continue this 😊
Meerkat thumbnail
^
@Khushibloom - thank you! My first comment. Going to remember this one.
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
congrats on the SS! lovely start! well written! Geet tells Maan 2 leave her alone! update soon 
deep002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
Congrats for  ss,  lovely  start 
sgmiss2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice story. Continue soon.
Roopa_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats for the new story ... Interesting ... Who is the person messaging geet ??  Lol maan is behaving like a crazy stalker ... Daily wishing geet and she doesnt give a damn abt him ... Lets se wat future undfolds for them ... Plzz update soon. ðŸ˜ƒEdited by Roopaamrutha - 6 years ago
Meerkat thumbnail
Thank you for all your response. Will be updating tonight.
Roopa_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

Thank you for all your response. Will be updating tonight.

Woah ... Waiting dear ... Update soon 
Meerkat thumbnail

Second Shot

Geet had just returned from her lunch break when the office boy informed her that the boss had summoned her. She nodded and sat back at her desk staring at the desktop screen. A few minutes later she walked into Pinky Manchanda's cabin ignoring her colleagues' sympathetic looks thrown her way.

"This is the second time in a fortnight that I'd to call you in my office."

Geet remained silent. Her inner nervous state was only betrayed by the rubbing of her finger nails against each other, under the table.

"Didn't I make it clear the last time that it is not to be repeated?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Then why are YOU here again?"

"Do you know why you lost your promotion last time?"

"You said I lack emotional intelligence," she replied.

"Because of your ice queen persona! Do you want to hear the contents complain mail that I've received from a customer? He writes that you're 'one of the most rude consultant' he'd ever come across.That he's 'extremely offended' and wonders if all the employees are as 'cold as Ms.Geet Handa' and he wishes we'd take a 'disciplinary action against her.' Why does it have to be always YOU Handa? Do you deny his charges against you?"

"I don't"

"Any explanation you have about your behavior?"

"He was hitting on me. I showed my disinterest. He wouldn't understand."

"At least this time you have a valid excuse but there have been a few more complains and I wonder if all of them were trying to hit on you.They have called your behavior cold and that you fail to connect with them."

"No they weren't. I can't be overly friendly. It is not in my nature."

Pinky looked at the young woman sitting in front of her. Removing her spectacles,she rubbed her eyes.For the first time in her ten years career she didn't know how to get past an employee's skin. The twenty eight year old management consultant Geet Handa was an enigma to her. She kept to herself with no friends in the office. A laconic woman,she was hardly seen wasting time in gossips.Always to the point and a little too perfect except when it came to being empathetic and friendly with the customers.  

"Why did you decide on this profession Geet?"

"Because of the salary."

"Are you trying to be a rebel?"

"No ma'am."

"You should have gone for profiles where there was no contact with customers and am sure you'd have done very well for yourself."

It was time for Pinky to attend a PR meeting and she'd to end this one.

"Write an explanation and mail it to me by today. Leave now."

Geet was at the door when Pinky warned, "You better improve that attitude of yours Handa or I'll have to release you and hand you over to the HR. There are many people who'd die to be at your position so don't take things for granted. Are you getting me?"

"Yes ma'am."

At her desk, Geet took a few deep breaths and returned to her work as if nothing had happened.One of the new employees approached her.

"Ms.Geet, I can't understand this procedure. Can you please help me?

"I can but I won't. Excuse me." 

The employee was too shocked at the outright rejection. Others too used to such behavior of Geet went on with their work.

Maan was going through some documents when Ravi, his colleague, approached him.

"Hey bro! I gotta leave early this evening. My wife is leaving for a month long trip tonight. You think you could finish this file for me. I have to turn it in tomorrow. If I don't boss is gonna eat me alive."

Maan  looked at his own stack of files and then at the expectant face of Ravi.

"Yeah sure why not!" he replied in his usual bright manner.

It had been only a few minutes since Ravi left Maan's desk when Dharmesh came to him for a favour.

"Umm... Maan actually my family had come to stay over and I spent too much. Now, I am out of money and seeing that there still few days till we get our payment you think..."

"Come on Dharmesh you don't need to be so formal with all this explanation.How much do you need?"

And then Tanya,an intern dropped by.

"Sir, I can't understand how to do this.Can you please explain?"

"Yeah sure why not!"

Aditya Mehra watched all this from his cabin and shook his head in disapproval. Maan Singh Khurana, the twenty eight year old data analyst of his company was too easy for his own good. He was the first one to arrive and the last one to leave. He also had the record of working overtime without extra pay. His colleagues took advantage of his goodness and it kind of made Aditya feel bad for the guy. He'd known the man for the last five years and knew that he was a genuinely good person. Yeah, he behaved like a moron sometimes and his overly cheerfulness did grate on your nerves most of the times but everyone had their flaws. He had come to be attached to the employee and wished people wouldn't hurt him just because he was nice and had an idealistic perspective towards life.The ringing of his phone distracted him from his thoughts and he moved away from his blinds without giving any further time to this topic.

It was evening and both Geet and Maan were returning from their work. Maan usually picked up Divya from her work and together they would return to their shared apartment. But today she'd called to inform that she had taken up night duty in place of her friend.

When Maan spotted Geet, he called out, "Good evening Geet!"

As usual she ignored him.

"Hope you'd a good day at work."

Catching with her he tried making a small talk. "There's a nip in the air tonight, no?"

Without replying him, she walked briskly and got into the lift. He knew she wouldn't wait for them despite knowing that they stayed on the same floor just next to each other. And as expected she did not.

It was around nine o clock in the night when Maan received a media message along with an address from an unknown number and it shocked him so much that he didn't even wait to dress properly and ran outside in his sweats and slippers all the while praying that it was just a misunderstanding.

Reaching the mentioned address, he realized that it was not. There was his year old girlfriend having dinner with her ex. In his mind, he tried to explain the situation. Maybe she'd met him and they wanted to talk, get a closure maybe, and it was awkward for her to tell him about meeting with an ex so she had lied.

Not betraying his emotions he asked casually if it was just a normal meeting.He trusted her so he'll understand. So it came quite as a shock when she revealed that she wanted to get back with her ex. His heart broke at the admission.

"Why? You are in love with me you'd said," he reminded her of her declaration made not so long ago.

"I was. But it's been a while since I've not been. I've wanted to break up since a long time now."

"Why?" he asked again.

"Where did I go wrong? I loved you. Took care of you. Never let you feel alone.THEN WHY DAMMIT WHY?!" He had tears in his eyes.He couldn't live without her. He loved her so much that he just couldn't bear the detached way she was watching him. His days started with her and nights ended at her.

"Because you're so annoyingly good. I never had anything to complain about. And also because you'd never let me be alone. You're so clingy. You're so easy. So predictable and reliable. It gets boring after a while. I want some danger, adventure in my life." And before he had the chance to say anything she left with her ex boyfriend.

"Divs. Baby don't do this to me."

"I'll die without you."

"Please come back...please I love you so much baby please..."

He was left crying out her name in vain.

Geet was making her bed when she received the message.

"I am outside. We NEED to talk. I'm ready to stay here all night unless you come out.

Dev finally breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Geet coming outside.

As soon as she was standing in front of him, she jumped to the point without any pleasantries.

"What do you need?"

"How are you?" Dev asked.

"I don't have the whole night so come to the point."

"Fine then why have you been ignoring me?"

"I don't want to see you anymore."

"But why? "

"I just don't want to."

He stepped closer to her and taking her in his arms, he tried to mollify her but she pushed him away.

"Keep your hands off me."

"Why? I'm your boyfriend. Can't I even hug you?"

"Let's break up."

"Whaat? But why?" he asked too shocked.

"Let's just say I got bored seeing your face." And with that she left. 

Dev on his her heels kept shouting, "Geet  wait please wait... how can you break up like that. At least give me a valid reason..."

People stopped and turned to look their way. Dev was least bothered. He kept demanding answers but didn't get any in return. In fact Geet shut the door on his face. He still wouldn't go away and kept banging on the door.

"Geet ... the last six months didn't they mean anything to you? Didn't you like me?"

As the minutes passed he started losing his patience and became more aggressive and started cussing her. By then heartbroken Maan had also returned and was unlocking his door.

"You bitch you think you are so superior to others. If not for me nobody would have dated you. You cold hearted bitch do you know what people say about you behind your back? Let me break the truth to you, you are a psycho. An abnormal person. Six months and you'd not sleep with me. You think anyone else would agree to that?"

Inside the house, Geet gulped down her sleeping pills, pushed the ear plugs inside her ears, switched off her lights and went off to a dreamless sleep.

"You see you'd have to be alone all your life and not a soul would be present to attend your dying bed." After spending all his energy, Dev returned to his home. Inside his house, Maan was sending come back messages to Divya and then later he cried himself to sleep.

The next day, Geet was in a session with her doctor.

"My headache doesn't subside. You sure there's nothing wrong with me?

"Do you have suicidal tendencies?

"No"

"Do you hate life?"

"No."

"How's your love life going?"

"Great"

"How are your parents?"

"They are nice and loving."

"Hows work?"

"Going good."

"Do you like people?"

"I do."

"Then I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you.You are young so why don't you try enjoying your life."

"I've run out of my sleeping pills. Can you please prescribe me some more?Thank you, I'll see you in the next session."

"Geet let's drop these sessions."

"Why?"

"If you're not being honest to me there's no point going through this. If you wish to continue then write and bring me the journals as I've asked you to."

Geet left the place without meeting the doctor's eyes.

At Maan's office the word had spread that the good Khurana had been dumped. Once again.Throughout the day everyone one maintained their distance. Nobody wanted to be at the receiving end of his whining.

In the evening when everyone was ready to leave, Maan announced that he was going to pub. If anyone was looking for free drinks they could tag along. Everyone barring the teetotalers were present at the pub. At first Maan tried to play cool. That his girlfriend had dumped him hardly bothered him. But two drinks down, out came the real heartbroken man. He sobbed and cried and sang, much to his embarrassment. He said he was going to die, so badly his heart was hurting. This was the fourth girl in a row to dump him so mercilessly. His colleagues having their fill left one after another.

The only man left to listen to his sorry tale was his Department Head, Aditya Mehra. He had come along because he had wanted to and also because of the free drinks and now his conscience wouldn't allow him leave Maan like this. But after a while he also got bored and calling a cab and asking the driver to drop Maan at his apartment, he left for his home.

Geet had been sitting in front of a blank document since the last hour. She had no idea what to write in her journal. She closed her eyes for the words to come to her. And it was then that a heartbroken and drunk Maan started playing the song at a very loud volume.

"Why Did You Break My Heart?
Why Did We Fall In Love?
Why Did You Go Away, Away, Away, Away?
Dil Mera Churaaya Kyoon

"Kyoon kyoon kyoon," he sang along.

"Jab Yeh Dil Todna Hi Tha
Humse Dil Lagaaya Kyoon
Humse Munh Modna Hi Tha...
Why Did You Break My Heart?
Why Did We Fall In Love?
Why Did You Go Away, Away, Away, Away?"

And Geet being the next door neighbor had the privilege of listening to his awful voice very very clearly.

-----------

Hope you like this installment.

THANK YOU

If you wish to receive notifications please buddy me.

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 5 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS