Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stellaV thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: icerain

Yes your right,she should not forgive him right, away instead take the time figure out what really happened to her parents that night .
Let her be human

I really want to see where they take it now 😊
Vedika211 thumbnail
Thank you for writing such a wonderful post. Also, sorry that I could not respond to your two really interesting posts yesterday as I had some work deadlines. 
Yes I would also like a love story with two human beings in it. And it would be sad if the expectation was all on Mehak to understand, forgive and forget. 

Karuna has crossed over to the dark side. It is now no longer about letting them be happy. She is now deliberately being cruel to Mehak and putting the onus of making Shaurya happy on her.  I mean look at what she says "even if he tries to tell you something, don't listen to him. Make him happy - thats your farz as wife". What she is doing is unacceptable.  

stellaV thumbnail

Originally posted by: richasharma0991

hey vish  u have rightly said  that zkm is a show which has shown us various shades of every character be it kanta chachi , jeevan  chachu or any other elder to kids like nehal . who are good but could loose thier control in bad timess  so why expecting anything different from mehek . she left shaurya  when he destroyed  her family shop as it was a breaking point for herbut present situation is bigger than that ,i cant imagine mehek  to forgive shaurya  specially as he us hidding the  truth from her even if he tellls her in one  or two days that will also be satisfactory but not forgeable .

@ Bold- Exactly Richa. In this case the only way left for him is getting the satisfaction of telling her the truth as soon as possible. May be that can relieve him of the burden of hiding the truth but along with that, this is definitely not forgivable Edited by stellaV - 6 years ago
stellaV thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vedika211

Thank you for writing such a wonderful post. Also, sorry that I could not respond to your two really interesting posts yesterday as I had some work deadlines. 

Yes I would also like a love story with two human beings in it. And it would be sad if the expectation was all on Mehak to understand, forgive and forget. 

Karuna has crossed over to the dark side. It is now no longer about letting them be happy. She is now deliberately being cruel to Mehak and putting the onus of making Shaurya happy on her.  I mean look at what she says "even if he tries to tell you something, don't listen to him. Make him happy - thats your farz as wife". What she is doing is unacceptable.  

Thank you for replying Vedika 😊 I really wait for your replies as they always give me some more insight and a deeper perspective.
I always had problems with mehak being on the compromising side always. Bearing the burden of proving HIS LOVE FOR HER, her respect and love for family. She is the one sacrificing for everyone as if she has a duty to share the burden of people's sins. This is something where she is no different from other ITV heroines. 
Karuna being the caring mother doing everything for her son but being blind to the girl's plight. Till when she can hide this. Has she ever been aware of what her son was going through?? I doubt it now.
And do you remember one particular incident where Mehak decided to celebrate Shaurya's birthday and him behaving rudely knowing the fact?? Karuna justified him by saying he never celebrates his birthday. And in a similar case, the very same day in the shop mehak told Shaurya that she was not willing to celebrate her birthday after her parents' death but Kanta chachi's efforts brought back her interest in birthdays. That particular thing was the key where i was forced to think, if care means giving in to your children's desires always and not making any efforts to make them realize other ways that are possible. 
On that premise, what do you think?? Who is a better mother??
Vedika211 thumbnail

Originally posted by: stellaV

Thank you for replying Vedika 😊 I really wait for your replies as they always give me some more insight and a deeper perspective.

I always had problems with mehak being on the compromising side always. Bearing the burden of proving HIS LOVE FOR HER, her respect and love for family. She is the one sacrificing for everyone as if she has a duty to share the burden of people's sins. This is something where she is no different from other ITV heroines. 
Karuna being the caring mother doing everything for her son but being blind to the girl's plight. Till when she can hide this. Has she ever been aware of what her son was going through?? I doubt it now.
And do you remember one particular incident where Mehak decided to celebrate Shaurya's birthday and him behaving rudely knowing the fact?? Karuna justified him by saying he never celebrates his birthday. And in a similar case, the very same day in the shop mehak told Shaurya that she was not willing to celebrate her birthday after her parents' death but Kanta chachi's efforts brought back her interest in birthdays. That particular thing was the key where i was forced to think, if care means giving in to your children's desires always and not making any efforts to make them realize other ways that are possible. 
On that premise, what do you think?? Who is a better mother??

Yes Mehak has always borne the burden being the female lead. I don't know why they cannot show someone normal as the heroine, especially since more and more shows are showing their male leads as "care-a-damn" and somewhat less conservative. 

Karuna is being cruel to both Shaurya and Mehak. She doesn't seem to realise the magnitude of what it means to be responsible for someone's death, and she just wants the matter to be swept under the carpet as soon as possible. 

The thing about mothering is that no one solutions fits all children and all problems. There are times when you have to make them do the things they don't want to, and there are times when you have to respect them as an individual and let them do things their way. So in that sense I would say that it doesn't have to be one or the other. 

The thing here is that Kanta and Karuna have both had their characters butchered in the interests of the larger plot. At that point of time, they needed some opposition to Shaurya from Mehak's family and Kanta was best suited for that. Now they behave as if it didn't matter and she has gone back to being a slightly curmudgeonly but ultimately loving older figure. And Karuna, who was usually shown as patient to the point of being unreal and dignified has now been turned into a thoughtless, selfish and cruel person only so that more blame rests with her than with Shaurya. 
Edited by Vedika211 - 6 years ago
Vedika211 thumbnail
Oh and thank you for saying you like my replies 😊 
stellaV thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vedika211

Yes Mehak has always borne the burden being the female lead. I don't know why they cannot show someone normal as the heroine, especially since more and more shows are showing their male leads as "care-a-damn" and somewhat less conservative. 

Karuna is being cruel to both Shaurya and Mehak. She doesn't seem to realise the magnitude of what it means to be responsible for someone's death, and she just wants the matter to be swept under the carpet as soon as possible. 

The thing about mothering is that no one solutions fits all children and all problems. There are times when you have to make them do the things they don't want to, and there are times when you have to respect them as an individual and let them do things their way. So in that sense I would say that it doesn't have to be one or the other. 

The thing here is that Kanta and Karuna have both had their characters butchered in the interests of the larger plot. At that point of time, they needed some opposition to Shaurya from Mehak's family and Kanta was best suited for that. Now they behave as if it does matter and she has gone back to being a slightly curmudgeonly but ultimately loving older figure. And Karuna, who was usually shown as patient to the point of being unreal and dignified has now been turned into a thoughtless, selfish and cruel person only so that more blame rests with her than with Shaurya. 

I agree completely 
@Bold- Beautiful 👏👏👏
candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Vaishali, it's an honour 😛. Thanks so very much, dil se. The way you juggle with words, commendable 👏!!!

I want an MS (Personally, I don't believe that one needs to change her surname post marriage.), who is not a mahaatma; but a girl who actually goes into offensive mode if injustice is metted out to either her or her family. Today, I want her to have a word with her husband that he (or his relatives) just can't abuse her relatives, whether drunk or not. I know my wishful thinking only !!!

Regarding motherhood I agree with you & @Vedika. Definitely it is situation dependant. But again there is a definitive difference between tyranny, hegemony, abuse and guidance with occasional controlling. Regarding children, I personally believe that they should be guided, while occasionally being controlled if they opt for a wrong route. I simply don't believe that a parent should only guide and then helplessly watch a child taking a wrong decision, which will eventually have grave consequence(s). My POV. I do agree with your point regarding Kanta showing MS the brighter sides of life, irrespective of the latter's misfortunes. Also, till now Kanta's children (Mohit, Mahek) did never even think of cheating, thieving, sexually intimidating, bulldozing, bribing, abusing etc., you just name it...
DiyaKash thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I missed this post too yesterday! In a way I am glad I did, coz what I have to say took a tangent shift after yesterday's episode...

I whole heartedly agree with two humans being in a relation. Mehak's change in character in my opinion happened sometime after the attack by Ajay. There are many instances where she was ballsy and stood her ground if needed before that. And it really bothers me that these serials only know to show women in two shades - either the bitchy vamp who is manipulative and can't stand anyone's happiness or the all obliging bahu who is an epitome of all good and has the weight of the world on her shoulders! Grrr 😡!  I wish they would be a little more realistic and show us as capable of both!

And regarding Kanta and Karuna, Had I replied yesterday I would have said the difference lie in the perceived (or real) transgression of their child and how they went about it. In Kanta's case, what most of us couldn't relate to were the blackmails, the goons, the constant reminder of her raising her, the relentless obsessive preoccupation with these two and especially when the transgression was so minor as to fall in love with a man that she deemed unworthy of her child. The above is what I would have written yesterday. But, today I would have to agree with you 😊. Karuna is turning out be just the same, if not worse. Her machinations are even more dangerous coz she is subtle and she has a quality that makes one instinctively trust her. I couldn't help contrast the mother and son's reactions during the GruhPravesh ceremony and was disheartened watching her manipulate Mehak. She still is my absolute favorite character in the show and I might be forever biased 😊. But how similar and dissimilar are these two moms - one worked tirelessly to break up these two for the sake of peace and sanity of her child and the other is now tirelessly working to keep these two together for the same reason. Neither gave any thought to the other in this relation!

One more comment to add (sorry, I don't know how to be concise) - Vaishali, you contrasting the bday celebration really stood out to me in terms of parenting style of each. And what Vedika added also made sense. And agree with what Chandrima says too about parenting. Mehak and Showrya are so vastly different from each other and their need from the parent is also very different. While Mehak needed a firmer parent, Showrya probably needed a more patient and more forgiving one. 

Edited by DiyaKash - 6 years ago