Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ArshiAms thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi indi u write so warmly n ur way of writing is lovely!
I couldn't say much coz everyone have bit bitly pointed my thoughts lolz!
Welcome back to the forum n bringing the old craziness in this forum , in uh post too...!

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

hi arshiams... 😃

thank you so much. 😆 it's been fun, all this craziness around ipkknd ek jashn. i do appreciate your comment. aww, we never left the forum, last three years been hanging around hoping arnav ji and khushi would come by... and here they are. unbelievable really. see you, always feels good to know someone read and had a good time, thanks again.
Hope_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG! He is back.I can't believe ,he is back.They are back.😳
I am on cloud 9

Lovely thread 👏⭐️
Kowsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hahahhah, hi kowsi...

good, must watch again and again, humara asr hai. no matter how sugary.

thanks you so much for that lovely set of comments. i am thrilled you liked my rave rant. this man is super precious.

as is the story of love ipk brought.

you said that bit of lonely in acrowd so well.

that loneliness in the always happy khsuhi... her eating constantly, her talking too much.. all signs of a vulnerability, even an anxiety maybe. i am no psychologist but writers gave her those things for a reason and sanaya interpreted beyond the writing.

yes, she needed him as much as he needed her, that's why it worked. only for him she became all woman, all of herself.. he got in and brought out things from her... the beautiful period of making her feel her "huq" on him.

if i were orphaned at 8 and though brought up by loving people i would have had a very fragile part in me... there's no one who is completely her own... by right. only on your parents really you have that unqualified huq. and your spouse... your partner... and his insisting she had the huq... maybe that gave her such amazing joy and strength...

uff how i wish they'd do a little more on that huq thing... let's get a chudail 😆

True ASR was the first husband to push his Biwi to become independent especially financially like even his Di he is still dropping money on her bank account but he doesn't do that to Khushi

Maybe he identifies himself in Khushi, the will to become independent and not to be a burden on anyone!

And of course Sanaya and Barun are the best (With maybe also SRK-Kajol!)
About that Chudail part we are already thousands girls who want to snatch ASR  from Khushi 😉
But yeah it would be awesome to see Khushi's possessiveness but better if it's Arnav's green monster that shows up
Except that Khushi always manage to stop the guys by calling them Bhaiya!!

(As you all noticed I can't stop blabbering about Arshi! once started it's impossible to end the conversation about them)
xZoyax thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Kind Hearted Khushi

This is called IPK magic.⭐️❤️
Lovely posts and creations by everyone.👏
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
The ASR we saw on 6th june was an ASR who was about to change from the ASR who did not believe in love to ASR who would fall in love for hamesha. Because someone was going to fall in his arms and break the walls he had created around him since his mother's suicide, since he and Di had been thrown out of Sheeshmahal. And that is how the story was born.
The serial encased his resistance to love, his gussa,  a defence mechanism to make people fear him so that no one could come close enough to hurt him and he could stay away from such "middle class" ideas like love and marriage that did not work for his parents, wounding him for life.
But on the day he fulfilled his revenge DM sent him his peace in the form of Khushi. Only he didnt know then, but realized later. 
And after three years of marriage to his soulmate he must be completely at peace, no? What reason can be there for him to lambast the world when his Khushi has taken away his  pain and made him a happier person.. He has moreover forgiven Garima for her affair with his father. He is the same Arnav who had forgiven HP for spilling coffee on him...he was changing then already...if the story had not progressed in terms of actual time there would have been no question of a changed ASR from the one who let go off her hand and allowed her to fall from his cabin to the one who promised hamesha sambhalta rahoonga. 
Its true that love and happiness within has a calming effect and it also wants you want to do things for people you love however stupid they might seem... proposing to Khushi publicly, doing salmans dance for her, making jalebis...only because she will love it. 
And I think ASR decides himself what opinion of his wife is worth appreciating or he wouldn't have forgotten their anniversary every year.
Three years into marriage he still forgets their anniversary because his work, his self made company, his AR is still important to him, and then he does not believe in special dates of love, he still has his sense of humour about him, he still teases her, yet he is sensitive to her needs as he always was.
The Jashn set is tachy, the script loosely written, the direction average, ASR too mushy for words but three years down the line in real time I am happy to see a happy ASR. He has suffered enough dammit.
Edited by wiwy - 8 years ago
Kowsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

The ASR we saw on 6th june was an ASR who was about to change from the ASR who did not believe in love to ASR who would fall in love for hamesha. Because someone was going to fall in his arms and break the walls he had created around him since his mother's suicide, since he and Di had been thrown out of Sheeshmahal. And that is how the story was born.

The serial encased his resistance to love, his gussa,  a defence mechanism to make people fear him so that no one could come close enough to hurt him and he could stay away from such "middle class" ideas like love and marriage that did not work for his parents, wounding him for life.
But on the day he fulfilled his revenge DM sent him his peace in the form of Khushi. Only he didnt know then, but realized later. 
And after three years of marriage to his soulmate he must be completely at peace, no? What reason can be there for him to lambast the world when his Khushi has taken away his  pain and made him a happier person.. He has moreover forgiven Garima for her affair with his father. He is the same Arnav who had forgiven HP for spilling coffee on him...he was changing then already...if the story had not progressed in terms of actual time there would have been no question of a changed ASR from the one who let go off her hand and allowed her to fall from his cabin to the one who promised hamesha sambhalta rahoonga. 
Its true that love and happiness within has a calming effect and it also wants you want to do things for people you love however stupid they might seem... proposing to Khushi publicly, doing salmans dance for her, making jalebis...only because she will love it. 
And I think ASR decides himself what opinion of his wife is worth appreciating or he wouldn't have forgotten their anniversary every year.
Three years into marriage he still forgets their anniversary because his work, his self made company, his AR is still important to him, and then he does not believe in special dates of love, he still has his sense of humour about him, he still teases her, yet he is sensitive to her needs as he always was.
The Jashn set is tachy, the script loosely written, the direction average, ASR too mushy for words but three years down the line in real time I am happy to see a happy ASR. He has suffered enough dammit.

Beautiful comment!!!!

And really this is a different way to see things and I love your way!!!

And that last line is beautiful! Truly he has suffered so much!!
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kowsi

True ASR was the first husband to push his Biwi to become independent especially financially like even his Di he is still dropping money on her bank account but he doesn't do that to Khushi

Maybe he identifies himself in Khushi, the will to become independent and not to be a burden on anyone!

And of course Sanaya and Barun are the best (With maybe also SRK-Kajol!)
About that Chudail part we are already thousands girls who want to snatch ASR  from Khushi 😉
But yeah it would be awesome to see Khushi's possessiveness but better if it's Arnav's green monster that shows up
Except that Khushi always manage to stop the guys by calling them Bhaiya!!

(As you all noticed I can't stop blabbering about Arshi! once started it's impossible to end the conversation about them)

i loved his karwa chauth gift. i don't observe kc, so it doesn't really touch me. but when he kept asking questions regarding fasting having an impact on someone else's life i laued him for his mind and then that gift of a company, not diamond and gold... if something should happen to him he doesn't want kkg to depend on anyone for money... sigh.

😆 i must say i enjoy being chudail.

would have been great if they showed kkg actually starting to earn and keeping her job/business in her sankatic way.

why stop blabbering? no one has come yet to yell, "shut up get out" at us. 😆

indi52 thumbnail
so i told myself last night, let me go and see once more and make some caps. this would be the third time i'd be seeing episode 1. the first time i couldn't finish it. the second time i gritted my teeth and said i would and did. the third time, again around the time he sat down and played with a balloon i was ready to retire.

ever since that night of diwali when a guy walked forward and a girl backward and i couldn't look away, i have never ever had to rationalise ipk... asr... kkg... my craze.

this time too, i won't.

if it appeals it appeals. if not, not.

as i watch the tweets and instas and exhortation by fan groups to watch on hotstar and nowhere else, and all the excitement over the number of times the promo has been watched, etc... one thing is clear.

this segment of ipk is really a marketing idea (even a gimmick) for hotstar. star plus is going digital... needs to reach audiences everywhere, get many many many hits to be able to show that and get advertiser money in.

so they see how popular ipk is on hotstar and device a way to mine it... capture the audience's hits and show how viable and relevant a medium it is to the advertiser.
fair enough..

there is a belief in the digital world that early adopters are always the young. "go solo" has such a very youthful appeal. and so the whole marketing platform for ek jashn networks across the digital and young social media space. there is a daily, urgent, bulleted structure to it. keep ek jashn top of mind, keep viewers excited and talking... those tiny snippets of ipk actors, esp barun sanaya, are priceless. how they push up the frenzy.

i have been watching all this agog far more than the episode. have to say, a very well worked out marketing plan... and fascinating thinking, i love that part of it.

however, i do believe that the "short takes" rely heavily on the barun sanaya pull and pretty much nothing else. the need among some viewers (probably the older ones such as myself) to actually see something beyond "oh my god it's barun and sanaya together again," 😃 is not even in the plot. why should it be? i am not target audience.

obviously not much money is being spent on writing, sets, idea, direction, styling (all key to ipk's feel and language...), instead what star thinks young people want to see barun sanaya do is being concentrated on. fine with me.

but if indeed after all this, there is talk of season two, i hope we get to see the smart and solid writing, dialogues, direction, idea, etc., of ipk. especially the first 200 episodes. there's beauty there and an endless depth... a real exploration of feelings, things that make you forget everything and watch... again and again...and again... even when things go wrong, you watch, and every once in a way are gifted with a totally acidity moment. all of that makes up that call of rabba vey in you.

this same segment, with hitesh kewaliya's dialogue, lalit mohan/arshad khan's direction, the original art director's set up (uff asr's room and poolside despite funny chaise longue), the stylists who understood kkg and asr, and perhaps a lemme take a look at it by gul khan... may have had me feeling something tumbling in my stomach and going zombie like to hotstar and watching on repeat.

i still remember the "rape of replay button on yt" as it was called back then, watching the fresh new episode on my phone, within half an hour of the 8pm telecast in india, the episode would be uploaded by fans, in high and low res. what crazy beautiful days those, me up till 3.45 am dazed, just staring at my phone screen.

barun had mentioned they shot with the original team. i am dying to know who all were there. maybe the guys i mentioned were, must find out. by the way, i fell for utkarsha naik once more.

(edit: interestingly when ipk was first pitched to the channel, it was for star one i think, the star india channel meant for the young which has since then evolved to life ok. some smart exec at star i believe saw the potential of the show and took it to star plus, the general entertainment channel... and it become the show that cut across all borders of age, economics, education, etc., giving the top show balika vadhu a run for its money after only four months of starting. if it had been aired on star one, i would never have seen ipk, never become target audience. there was always kismet in it.)

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
UltimateBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Hey di...Nostalgia! Its great to be bk on the forum n its such a wonderful feeling to read such a beautiful post which brings back all the memories ...all the beautiful stuff or dialogues...our favorite jodi gave us. 
This post just shows its a jashn..truly a jashn

A big hello n hug to everyone here.