Here's what Farhan Akhtar said about 'Raees' vs 'Sultan' clash

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Ever since the release dates of Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees' and Salman Khan's 'Sultan' have been announced, the trade is abuzz with reports of a clash between the films.

Both the films are eyeing for a Eid 2016 slot for the release. While 'Raees' has only 25 days of shoot left, 'Sultan' will go on-floors only in November, after Salman Khan wraps up 'Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo'.

When we got in touch with Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar, who are producing 'Raees' along with Red Chillies Entertainment, they were of the opinion that it is too early to talk about it.

Says Ritesh, "We have 20-25 days of shoot left and the second schedule will begin in October 2015 and the film will be ready for the Eid release. I have also heard about the clash. May be they (Salman and team) should start shooting their film (Sultan) and may be then we can figure out what needs to be done. But I think that is not the problem. The problem is that the movies which release before them and do well, then you need to give them a fair run. I am hoping someone will do that with my film as well. So by moving by a week or so it doesn't make sense."

Asserts Farhan, "Honestly, these things have happened in the past. Two films have released on the same day and have clashed. But it benefits nobody and neither of them will have an advantage. Like Ritesh said, we have 25 days of shoot left. Can we release the film on Eid - yes we can. Would we like to release it - Yes we would want to. Let them (Sultan) make their film. Let it come to a point where Aditya Chopra, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ritesh Sidhwani and I might sit down and put our brains together to figure out eventually to see what can be done because it genuinely affects both. We will get to that. Right now it is too early to talk about it. There will be some kind of resolution which has to be reached and we will do something that will benefit each other."

Well, we wonder what resolution these guys will come up with! We too are awaiting the final decision!

CREDITS: PINKVILLA
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Salman don't let them twist your arms, you come in EID !! Ye clashes don't help that we know !! Even movies coming a wk earlier or later eat business that we know but why you chose Eid ehen you knew he comes on eid.. Just like aamir in Xmas !! So now I get it you guys thought ok SALMAN hasn't started shooting yet so we should !! But whining on clash lol and people say srk like to clash balony, at least aamir regardless how shrewd he is he would have talked it
Over with supposed dosts !! Edited by wat_up - 8 years ago
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Ajay Devgan was right, clash ain't happening. These two just burned. 😆
ISHQSalmanSe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: wat_up

Salman don't let them twist your arms, you come in EID !! Ye clashes don't help that we know !! Even movies coming a wk earlier or later eat business that we know but why you chose Eid ehen you knew he comes on eid.. Just like aamir in Xmas !! So nie I get it you guys thought je ok SALMAN hasn't started so we should !! But whining on clash lol sbs people say srk like to clash balony !!

Yeah 👍🏼
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Its Farhan ,Ritesh , Excel who have been crying abt the clash since the announcement . On the other hand , YRF seems confident 
Riseofaliens thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Salman ko srk se dosti bhari parega unfortunately.
It's obvious clash won't happen. It's not Salman's or YRF's fault though, it's because of SRK's insecurity. 
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maseera.

It's obvious clash won't happen. It's not Salman's or YRF's fault though, it's because of SRK's insecurity. 

Salman did the same thing which SRK  did with Bhansali this yr 😆
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Deathstroke

Its Farhan ,Ritesh , Excel who have been crying abt the clash since the announcement . On the other hand , YRF seems confident 

The movie hasn't even begun yet. Why would they not be confident? 😆 Let the movie be made first. Then will compare who's confident and who ain't. 
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Deathstroke

Epic. 🤣