Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 134

"bhai... khushi ji thoda pagal hai na? ekdam alag hain..." khushi ji is a bit mad isn't she... she's absolutely different, said akash with a bemused look as the two cousins walked into rm after a successful mission to save akash and payal's love.

khushi was exactly that and therefore totally valuable, especially in the context of indian tv where girls are constantly being told to be the same, the same and more of the same.

but that wasn't the reason a man in brown looked sort of lost, a gleam in his eyes as he said, "haan pagal toh hai..." yeah, mad she is. a graze in his voice, especially on that "haan!"
oh yes, he looked so smitten to hear that . Pagal for pagal girl.

oh the tender tender look. khadoos has no idea how that pagal-ness is completely taking over his every feeling.

cut to gh, and a girl is doing a pretty convincing jija ji act. the specs look large and awkward, the voice is halting and gentle, there's utter confusion in the eyes... and payal is blushing practically at this. because that indeed is how her... akash ji is... say it softly, sigh.

that love between two sisters. it all started there, didn't it? that very first episode... a young woman most perturbed by the thoughtless act of her sister's to be in laws, and out to change things around.

jiji means the world to khushi, she will do anything for her. actually, payal too... she is completely doting of her sanka sister and protective. that night when khushi finally returned home, though her own wedding lay in a shambles, payal stood by khushi, refusing to blame her for anything. intelligent and strong enough to know that perhaps it was better not to marry such a spineless man. she told khushi, abhishek ji knew. 
I really loved payal's character, very strong and determined with good ethics and morals. and the sisterly bonding was beautiful.

deepali portrayed a deep and lovely girl who always stood by what she felt was right and had a special place in her heart for the little girl who came home one day and became her playmate, her sis.

a sense of full circle as we sat in the room with the two watching them fool around. from jiji's wedding to jiji's we
dding again. 

khushi is delighted. and of course, delight brings on a special dose of madness and so the out of blue the jija ji act. hidden behind the big specs and the act is all her love, her joy, perhaps even her relief, because she has seen her sister balk at any talk of marriage and maybe even somewhere blamed herself for not reaching in time that night...
exactly, that's why she couldn't refuse Arnav's proposal for the six month's contract marriage

payal is smart, she worries about her paramour's family accepting her. in a totally trusting voice, khushi says, arnav ji has said he'll take care of things.

"khushi, arnav ji bilkul waise nahin hai na.. jaise humne socha tha..." payal says, arnav ji isn't at all the way we thought he was.

a play of emotions on khushi's face, suddenly vulnerable. perhaps too much has happened between them and the hurt is deep, but then she smiles and tells one of her little lies, for her jiji's happiness and peace of mind... no he is nothing like that.
I always loved this side of Khushi. she was crazy, childish but deep down, very mature.

a feeling of family as two brothers do a bear hug, a solid jhappi, in the hallway of rm while the sisters hug on that bed of theirs in gh.

just a couple of steps into rm and all hell is waiting to break loose. mami is holding court as prospective daughter in law's parents beam at her while the girl simpers. mama ji sits a little away.

how gleefully manorama calls out to her son, her mr india, to come and see his bride to be. miss india (of some colony or the other). the always amiable akash, who never ever says anything to his mother... or anyone, suddenly starts acting completely unlike himself.

"main yeh shadi nahin karoonga!" i shall not marry... good boy says grimly.

bad boy looked on keenly.

akash's rebellion... like a chapter in itself.
an insight into pyaar itself perhaps in that very stance of his. pyaar does make us do things we never ever would otherwise. it made akash stand up straight, look his mum in the eyes and say "no", loud and clear.
I actually found the scene too melodramatic. Nobody behave like this in front of guests who have come for alliance.  

he will marry someone else... aur unka naam hai payal ji... and her name is payal ji.

hello hi bye bye... said manorama. possibly the most killing use of that favourite phrase...

akash was pretty magnificent. not as gussa as the one true gussa man, but angry enough, young enough, and totally smitten man.

he refused to marry the girl his mother had invited home. this being a scene around mami, i guess had to be campy. there sat the young girl all giggly and overdressed between her proud parents, while mami beamed and cooed in loud turquoise and kilos of gold.

the whole family was soon there. the young girl's father admonished manorama. akash was resolved. arnav sigh looked surprised, but happy... and he watched his mami. he coudl sense managing would be needed. mama ji also did an about turn and supported akash bitwa. nani ji beamed at teh thought of payal being akash's wife and scolded mami, you don't even know the sort of person your son likes... di grinned and stroked akash's cheek.

mami swung her hips angrily, her lips shimmied. but not a scratch on akash's resolve.

authoritative akash now,"main sirf aur sirf payal ji se shadi karoonga. and that's final." i shall marry only payal and that's final.

mama ji looked proud of his son.

bad boy was struck by this new facet of his cousin.

does love do this to us? it can... sigh, it can.

but mami ji was having none of it. the lady has managed everything with her melodrama and canniness and a fair bit of crassness all her life.

she would not let that khoon bhari tang get her poor bitwa. she decided to bring hell to that girl's life and made a phone call.

oh so much storm and thunder all around. lovely.
Lovely! are you kidding? she was too nasty.

as the bolts landed on payal and she wept and called akash to say, they really must forget each other, khushi lost it...

two little whirlwinds seem to whizz away through the episode. mami... khushi. each balancing the other. almost in harmony.

hah, that man.
arnav singh raizada, muttered a furious khushi... pehle kahte hain ki sab kuch sambhalenge... aur ab? ye? first he says he'll take care of things, now? this? angry cute and trusting girl... call the man. rave at him.

"aap kya kar rahe hain... aap aap ko pata bhi hai ki kya ho raha hai? aap kuch kar kyun nahin raha hain???"

what are you doing... do you do you even know what's going on? why aren't you doing anything? she went at him straight.

what the f... said the eloquent one and disconnected the call.

raging and undeterred, khushi stormed out of the house to meet him. yes, at night, she'll be back in an hour... she the "lakshminagar ki baan" as per bua ji, who is totally perplexed by the "ganga jamna" tears covered payal too.

and in no time, she was there where so many things transpire. the poolside. she had walked into the house and not bothered with any niceties, going straight to where she was told arnav ji would be found.
Good observation. It seemed she belongs to his family.

he sat working, she stomped up to him.

"khushi?" he looked up.

a gorgeous sequence followed with dialogues and expressions that had most of us laughing and happy.

there was no talk of love between the two, no emotion charged fight, no almost kiss, no falling, no catching, practically no undercurrents.

but that chemistry.
that's oozing, never saw such chemistry in my life. i literally crave to see them together.

i noticed just how much of that was there between them. funny dialogues, repartee, great comedy... but always that sexiness somewhere there. the body language between them sparkles with something. as if they are in some sort of constant tango... so much vibe and rhythm. the jhalli girl in classic khushi attire with gota and bad hairstyle and the suave man in smart well cut clothes, just to see them in the same frame brings on acidity.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

she raved.

"relax... calm down..." did he say that. aargh.

clearly when it comes to shatir mami, nautanki is failing... strategy boy's input is needed.

"gehri saans lo..." take a deep breath he advises. note, he is not yelling. that funny sort of feeling for this spitfire girl... i think this huge love she has for her fam always touches him. that's one place where they are identical.
He actually started to become nice with her. and one thing I noticed he was always very compassionate and sympathetic towards her family. On the diwali night he literally trampled Khushi with his poignant words,  but when he met her family he behaved very nicely, even offered help. 

"shh... maine kaha hai na main baat karoonga..." i have said i'll speak. so tender. why why why?

maybe because she is looking so distraught. maybe because he plans to kill the onlooker, as in me.

"main baat kar loonga..." i'll speak.

she is not convinced. she knows he and mami will cross swords and then he'll lose his cool. she knows her candidate well. his gussa is at his nose practically.

poor man, tries to hold down his temper, "main kah raha hoon na, main baat kar loonga..."

"ek kaam karte hain..." let's do something, she cuts in, "hum abhyaas karte hain..." let's practise, she's looking sanka devi.

"what?" deadly look.

"haan, aap sochiye ki hum mami ji hain aur aap hume manao!" commands the goddess, think i am mami and you appease me.

what the f, says man.

she clears her throat, narrows her eyes and goes hello hi bye bye...priceless look on lg's face.

while madness and mirth rise by the pool, fury courses in a room in rm, akash is angry.

at the poolside, khushi points out her plan has worked before, so he must listen to her... what is he going to say to mami ji.

sure enough, tycoon reels off survey figures re love and marriage. i giggle thinking this is what i wrote in 133.

"aap aise kahenge?" horrified sanka devi asks, you'll speak like this!

survey? percent?

"aap thode bhavna ke saath kahiye na..." say it with some feelings, please...

"maine kaha na... main apne tarike se kar raha hoon... bhavna ko beech mein kyun laa rahi ho..." i said i'll say it in my way, he avers, why are you dragging bhavna into this. clearly he has no clue what bhavna is, he thinks it's a person.

pretty hackneyed joke, but smooth to and fro... that chemistry at work.

"feel..." she's trying to explain.

"feelings..." curtly, and devastatingly he.

"haan wahi... feelings ke saath kahiye na," yes, that... say it with feelings.

he is about to erupt.

deadly khushi does the most flaky, couples are made in heaven bit.

asr gobsmacked.

"aur yeh sab main kahoonga?" and all this i will say? clearly the incongruity of it has completely escaped kkg in her desperation to get things going.

"mami ji se?" to mami ji? he knows what cuts ice with his favourite relative.

"bilkul!" absolutely.

"aur iss filmi lecture ke baad bhi woh mani nahin toh?" and what if after this movie type lecture she doesn't give in?

well if she doesn't, advises chief planner, then turn lightly thus and say, "kuch kuch hota hai, mami ji..."

khushi in her world all smug and happy... asr's expression changes...

what a sequence.

"aap nahin samjhengi..." something happens, mami ji, you won't understand, goofy dreamy look on kkg's visage.

camera pulls focus... asr in sharp lines... i need to say the next two words for him...

"what crap."

the new assertive akash is leaving... the fam runs after him. that music in the back ground, where is it from.

end note
somewhere in the middle a hiss was heard.
poor bua ji has a cold but you know syam babua has given her that medicine, that special marham, that cures everything. really? and where has khushi heard someone say exactly that? quite smoothly alongside is building the shyam's revelation story. nice detail that prayer book in bua ji's hands.

lovely!
enjoyed thoroughly.
what a delectable episode. Though mami and Akash's drama looked a bit filmy, I mean very hindi soap kind, but ASR-Khushi's poolside scene was the show stealer. Can't agree more what you said about the chemistry. IPK became hit because of Barun and Sanaya's out of the world type chemistry, Khushi was just a bundle of cuteness and ASR was epitome of hotness. That kuch kuch hota hai  dialogue and ASR's baffled expression with "what crap" was the best part, 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

hi sohara,

thanks so much. i know you love sanaya. i find her fabulous as khushi. especially when they are not ruining the character. also, i personally feel, i have seen her at her best when she acts with barun, actually everyone at ipk... but really barun. they have that thing that all successful jodis have: vibe. something beyond rational explanation. she has also said, he gives so much to his acting, you sort of respond to that and deliver at another level. this is true i think. plus they just gel fabulously.

i do hope some day we get to see them together again. in fact, would like to see the portray very different characters but as lead pair, have a feeling they're just going to be gorgeous together again.

two good actors, even if caught in something not outstanding, can search out beautiful moments. there's a show on on tv right now. usual song and dance and over drama, but has two very good actors as an elderly couple. just saw a little interlude between them, they were so good in a moment together, it was well written but nothing fabulous, what they turned it into was lovely and touching and sort of sexy.

i missed barun and sanaya as i watched them.

Yes I do love sanaya and also Barun equally. Both are excellent actors. and when two good actors act together they always get the best out of them. Sanaya indeed said from her mouth that with Barun she never felt that she was acting. Sanaya's comment about Barun was awlays the best. 
I want to give Sanaya a big round of applause for carrying her role brilliantly when they spoiled it and was never consistent with her character. 

To see Barun-Sanaya together again is the biggest dream of my life. I literally pray to see them again. And I know so many people wish that too. so many people's wish will not go in vain for sure.
I miss them like hell. there is not a single day that I don't watch them, 

ASR being a bakraπŸ˜†... I don't think he will not mind to hear from you if you call him lovingly. 
Edited by sohara - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

lovingly.

huh, sohara?

hmmm, i could manage some lovingly... sigh.

thanks for reading.. i agree the mami akash scene was filmi, totally not real, but i loved akash bitwa's firm refusal to marry anyone but payal ji.

and that barun sanaya chemistry, can't tell you how much these days i long to see them together,. as they are now. older, a little different. i get knots in my stomach even wondering how they'd vibe on screen now. maybe we'll get lucky? πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
anabrissa thumbnail
Hello hi but no bye bye, πŸ˜ƒ
First of all happy aid to muslims and non muslims, believers (khushiers) and atheists (ASRers). πŸ˜‰
Sorry I couldn't comment on your writings Indi, aarwen, sohara, cintia and everyone else but I was way too busy with work, ramadan, aid and now preparing for my vacation.
Just wanted to point out that i'm reading each and every post and loving every bits of them.πŸ‘
 I'm in a hurry but will try to make a longer post whenever I can.
As Sharukh khan would put it in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi "Never say goodbye... Always say, we are traveling the love lane... down the road we will meet again." bb later. 
indi52 thumbnail
hi anabrissa,

great to see you and have been noticing your likes. πŸ˜ƒ hope you had a good ramadan and a wonderful eid. thanks so much for reading the ramblings, as long as you enjoy, hello hi, no need to feel any stress about comments. hope you have a brill vacation. see you soon.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail

episode 8

a little ramanchi, i wrote this one way back, just wanted to relook at it, add pictures, a couple of thoughts. so once more, number 8.

bakri ka kamra. goat's room.

episode talks the talk with wonderful dialogues yet again; and you know who walks the walk, gorgeous in smoothly shrugged on grey. white shirt, blue half sleeve shirt, eyes playing fifty emotions, worth all the obsessive compulsive innumerable watches.πŸ˜‰

"wahi toh problem hai, jiji, sochten hain to samajh nahi aata aur samajhtey hai to socha nahin jaata."  that's the problem, jiji, if i think i can't understand and if i understand, thinking isn't possible.

simple dialogues, delivered with conviction and no overacting, painted a character. the essential free spirited flowing good hearted impulsiveness of kkg, can't do too much of thinking and understanding and stuff, what she gets she gets and then she goes for it.

the writing is neat, take it as lightly as you like or mixed with deep thought, your wish. on this second trip through ipk, hitesh kewaliya's talent is constantly awakening senses, while some actors are making sure i completely lose it. more complex than lucknow ki bhoolbhulaiya my dear serial ji, but i'm not complaining.

di: "arnav, jo hamare kismat mein tha, wo hi hua, aur jo aagey hai wo hi hoga... tum apne andar itni nafrat mat rakho ki jeena mushkil ho jaaye. man halka karne se shayad jeena asan ho jaayga, arnav."
arnav, what was in our destiny, that happened, and whatever is there before us... that will happen. don't keep so much hatred in you that it becomes difficult to live. if you lighten your heart, might be easier to live.

he: "mujhe uss tarah se jeena nahin aata di. main doosron ki tarah baithkar apni kismat ka intezaar nahin kar sakta. maine aapse pahle bhi kaha hai... main apni kismat khud banata hoon."
i don't know how to live like that. i can't like others sit and wait for my destiny. i have told you before as well...  i make my own destiny.

how dissimilar two siblings can be. one chases fears and reality away with a thousand rituals and "buzurg kahtey hain...", our elders say... plus of course, completely refuses to take any responsibility for her own life with her faith in "kismat" and its doings. while the other looks every fear and harshness in the eye and says, "i do, i don't get done to by kismat." i am grateful that this remains the same to the end, and asr is not turned into a reality fearing, other people's rituals abiding non-actor in the play of his own life. 
yes indeed, Arnav's character was written with utmost care. 

Anjali was just opposite of Arnav, she was  weak, superstitious, orthodox. the horrendous event of their life made Arnav pragmatic, strong and determined and on the other hand made Anjali weak, dependent and selfish as well. people's conception and adaptation always vary.

now we know lakshmi ji is a goat, the bathroom is the trick door to the world outside, manorama mami yearns for mil's lau, goats love laddoo, pure leather squeaks on pure marble, and some men look devastating in a certain shade of blue with mud on their hands. 
he was too irresistible. 

mind racing at possibilities should one happen to come upon such a man in the poolside garden, and his voice cuts in, husky, brooding:

"di, aap dhirey dhirey nirupa roy bante jaa rahe ho."
di, you are slowly becoming nirupa roy. 
his one of the most famous dialogue. I never knew Nirupa Roy before this.

sexy man with a troubled past, a walled in heart, an indomitable will. and a sense of humour. they mean to get me and i am not complaining.
We hardly saw his humorous side. But whenever he did, he excelled it.

among other news:

~ "ghee ho ya tel, bas lau jalni chahiye, woh bhi eehan... man ma... rahim ji, ee lijiye." ghee or oil, the lamp should be lit that's all, that too here... in the mind... rahim ji, take this...

with that, nani ji, the stern one, said one of the truest things ever and did away with narrow minded attitudes that divide people. she asked a man of a different faith, rahim ji, to actually take stuff meant for the prayer room. unthinkable to a generation not too far back. 
Raizada family was broad minded . maybe that's why they pet a goat.πŸ˜†

and in today's tv i don't know of a single hindi serial with all its gaudy dressing and showy religiosity, which can handle this elegant presentation of practicing one's faith with one's own convictions. nani ji is traditional, she values customs and mores but is not constricted by them, she interprets things and acts in a manner she believes is right. so rahim ji can jolly well take care of pooja things. in fact, he is highly trusted and has tried to get the non "serbhaynt" mami ji to make those ghee diyas, but has only invited her wrath.
Naniji is a magnificent character.

~ lovely play of movement onscreen. as kkg enters in the background, asr walks across foreground, they will miss each other. later a mirror of this with her in foreground.

~ so khushi went to shantivan by mistake. she was to go somewhere else. shantivan or nandavan? the first time too she had gone where she wasn't supposed to. later she again said the ditty which took her straight in his direction... clearly that find your way rhyme works perfectly... two out of two times it took her to the right destination.
her destiny took her to Shantivan, which eventually became her sasural.

~ the girl with the potli, the bag. a bag of tricks and treats? it was as shiny as her and left him completely nonplussed, the way she did. really, what was it doing sitting on his chaise longue?

~ the man walked into his room from the corridor through a door that later became the door to the bathroom. maybe he is really not just an insaan, a human, as the girl says? the girl who thinks of him more than he thinks of her, as her jiji says? maybe he makes doors move, bathrooms appear, pools fly? maybe he is the evil sorcerer? and the room indeed belongs to the goat?
haha, evil sorcerer was capable of doing anything. But one thing you pointed out right that Khushi actually was talking and thinking about  him too much. mayhe the sorcerer already had cast a  spell on her.

~ the scene with his beloved di in the garden was beautiful. a relationship between two terribly close siblings. her little pouty drama mixed with real love for a younger brother who she knows is tender of heart and hurting badly. his banter about sis turning jija ji crazy in two years that he doesn't answer her calls, the deadpanning on nirupa roy, segueing without the slightest jerk to the discomfort any talk of his peace of mind or his emotional state brings on, then the quiet anger and determination in his stance as he speaks of his reason for acquiring sheesh mahal. he had promised her he'd buy her the house from which they were thrown out, so he has done it. so much story told with smartly picked moments and words. this is only episode eight and we can sense the characters, feel them, know them already. 
The sibling relationship was shown beautifully. Though Arnav was Anjali's baby brother, but he played a father's role in her life and Anjali was his mother.

~ of course that holding up of mud spattered hands and the slightly snarly "i don't like it!" to the sugarless kheer had me dazed.

~ he has diabetes. poor chap. i wonder why. was delighted to see this must have been the day they shot the picture that went into the frame we saw in the kanya pooja episode. he was looking so so dapper in grey. he owns that colour... and blue... and brown... and white.. and... aap toh suttepei kar leo!
Those are manly colors and he had to look good in it. After all he is devastatingly handsome and sexy.

was that the first time mano said the unforgettable words to mahendar? sigh. such finesse.

~ the bua ji, payal, khushi scene was spicy, over the top, and utterly natural to the aunt and niece, both inheritors of the dramatic gene. i liked the intercutting between the scene in the garden and this one. both were so much about simple complete love.

~ this scene had me thinking, happiness, wealth, and mercy in the same place, fabulous. khushi means happiness, lakshmi is the goddess of wealth, rahim means merciful and is one of the names of god.

~ just like that, for no reason, a casually gorgeous profile.

lovely.
Too gorgeous was the man! Can't take me eyes off from your beautiful edit of the beautiful man. And sanaya surprised me. I never could imagine that a very urban and western looking girl can play a role of a small town girl or moreover in chamkili outfits.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 13

i have read here and there and it's a fairly well known fact that barun sobti and sanaya irani were not the first choice for their roles. i look at the absolutely unspeakably good looking man, fresh clean flawless face, perfect body language, anger and sexiness wrapped in equal measure around the most lithe frame ever... i see the girl in tight fitting churidar, her face untouched by any sign of the big city; her innocence, keenness and unchecked gutsiness contrasting with her decidedly strange get up and unreined expressions and i wonder how could anyone else have ever been even considered... but even more importantly, where did they find these two actors? and how did this vibe get created? i have never ever seen a heroine like this or a hero like that in any hindi serial. they are totally physically unlike anything on my tv screen, and they are so naturally their characters, you forget their real names practically. by episode 13, he is asr in my head and she i the totally unabbreviated "khushi kumari gupta hamara poora naam".

a young small town girl, with an extremely sheltered middle class upbringing, adopted after tragedy at a young age, loved deeply by her adoptive family who make all allowances for her strangeness and absolutely treasure her sunny brave and untampered heart, and who has never ever worked in a corporate set up in her life, with all its not too tender and caring side, finds herself in the full brunt of it while she is saddled with a peculiar personal challenge that needs to be resolved.

she owes a large sum of money to a nasty young man, who turns up in her life at the oddest of places and moments; mainly because she has, with her own brand of don't care and certainly don't bow before the arrogance of wealth, promised to throw this money at his face. well, she has dreamed of doing exactly that. yeah, she has started seeing him as i said earlier at the strangest of venues.

arnav singh raizada may not be nice and sweet and gentle, as she always possibly imagined a "good" man should be, and definitely when she's thought of the ideal man as she must have at times, even if subconsciously, not a single trait of the man she meets by chance on a night like none other, would have featured in her list. not even rich and darkly handsome. she might have thought a man should have a decent gentlemanly look, but hot bothering and unsettlingly good looking? no, khushi kumari gupta would not have that on her list.

perhaps that was the whole point. he was nothing like anyone she'd ever met.

in her loquacious world with loads of interfering and closely knit neighbours and acquaintances, apart from family, where a circle of safety surrounds you and comfort is found in a milieu of non threatening characteristics and everyone sort of blends and melds within an idea, even their sharper edges filed to fit in, was there any chance or place for an arnav singh raizada?

maybe that's why she had to go to sheesh mahal, a place most definitely not a part of her life, to meet this man. maybe life had decided it was time she stepped out.

that meeting with the completely unexpected man struck her instantly. of course, his egregious behaviour was one reason he cut through and entered her inner world. but that was not everything. it was also his utterly unfamiliar nature. that individualistic streak, that sense that he definitely didn't blend in. he stood out. and he didn't care who thought what, he was the way he was, take it or leave it.

that difference stuck in her mind. it rankled, it irritated, it made her grit her teeth and want to face a challenge. but it didn't leave her alone and in peace and she couldn't leave it. he kept coming up in conversations, in dreams, and if she met him she couldn't walk away, she chased him the first time and threw this challenge of i'll give you your money the next.

interestingly, he didn't really think of her as much as she of him. he in fact just wanted to get on with his world which he had carefully constructed in a way where he felt he had control, that control which he'd had none of and perhaps craved for on a brutal night when he was a young boy of fourteen.

he instinctively perhaps knew when he set eyes on her that she was trouble, she had made him lose his temper beyond belief. something registered, something possibly niggled. he would do everything to leave that and resume his life the way he wanted it, the way he had set it up.

in his neatly put together life, his sister was his central emotional attachment, his work was his panacea and source of strength... also wealth which is essential for that control, his girl friend was a nice girl of a similar contemporary mindset and he would keep their relationship within a certain  framework he found he could deal with. subconsciously or maybe in a calculated way, he had chosen a girl whom he could control even without asking to. la was the boss with pam and sim and on top of things as such, but when it came to asr, she was willing to even harm herself because she felt that much for him. felt exactly what she may not have examined, but the feeling itself was very powerful.

but back to asr, the only thing a bit out of control really in all of this was a grandmother who, as stubborn as him, had decided the time had come for her grandson to find a life partner and was up to many tricks, accompanied by a goat, to unsettle his life. in this episode we see some totally inescapable and unforgettable asr expressions and grimaces leading off this situation at home.

and that gripping, ignited anger when he thinks lavanya has done something she wasn't meant to... it interfered with his arrangement of life. sent him flowers? some devilishly muddle head making expressions while gripping a phone. phone as instrument of driving women crazy... a thesis can be written on that. the piper had a pipe, asr has a phone, at times just the bluetooth ear piece is enough. (sorry, if it's asr that should be ENOUGH!)

but my favourite from asr this episode was that casual, off hand conversation he had on the phone as he got onto his steed, also fondly called suv. nothing of much significance was said, yet it was totally significant. his very air was that of a tycoon, the tycoon... assured, giving only a fraction of his mind to this call as if he's deep in thought about something far more important, a raging energy about him even as he sits behind a wheel in a stationery car. hard to imagine this is only a not yet twenty seven year old from a not very wealthy background with not an empire he runs.

this call's stated purpose in storytelling was that it would bring him back into ar while khushi is still there... he'd walk past her, neither realising the other was around, an oft used device in many shows yet a nice touch to the story. they are constantly in each other's ambit but out of sight.

my second most favourite asr moment, that top shot. the owner of a company striding into his domain, not looking left or right... aware he is ruler of all he walks through... no blend, no meld, only asr.

sim says quaking, "asr!"

khushi comes back sharp and quick and totally misunderstanding sim, "asr? yeh kaunsi bimari hai?!"

asr, what sort of disease is that? it was funny and yet it had a basis in fact. this was a disease almost and she'd got it pretty bad. she kept sensing him around her, he never too far from her mind. just the day before, her ears had tingled at the mention of an arnav, a chhotu, she had then seen him in her early morning dream... and in this episode too, she'd instantly take note of his voice... this voice seems familiar she'd say. yes, khushi had a bimari and it's possible name was asr.

the girl who had never worked, had never lived in a big city, who cringed and covered her eyes if she saw women in short skirts or revealing clothes, yet did not balk when that crucial question was asked by an impatient boss to be with a french manicure drying on her pampered nails.

"haan ya na...?"

in a wonderful way of things that same question, those very words will be asked of her in a much much more difficult situation months later, by that man whose voice seems "suni suni si" now. again a terrifying challenge, this time it could take her life.

"haan ya na, chamkili! take it or leave it!" lavanya is peremptory, in a rush, she needs an assistant quickly and certainly not one that can get close to asr behind her back. well, this character in shiny gota is definitely not cool she assesses, not an asr kind of girl, would do perfectly... for now.  her openly calling khushi "chamkili" was a clear sign that she is not considered important enough to be given the respect of her own name even, in fact, ragging her a bit might be fun, because she would never be anything more than an object triggering mirth and a handy assistant one could order around. at this point it wasn't clear how lavanya would handle it when the truth turned out to be somewhat different from her expectations, yet in her handing khushi a pencil in her bossy but not totally unkind way hinted at a girl who may not be who we think she is...

characters were often interesting in ipk. just look at sim, shades of the janakpuri behenji who is curiously vulnerable before the more brassy pam who is from a non-behen ji delhi addresss likely. the power structures in the la pam sim triangle also well designed and neatly enacted.

khushi gawked. the trio waited. la trying not to show her need.

then she said, "h... hum yeh naukri karenge!" i will do the job.

a character in a sentence.

not backing away, she has a commitment, however flaky her need may seem, but she is going to brave an entirely new planet so that she can get something done. i actually enjoyed the fact that she had this slightly don quixote air and was not always doing everything to save the world and its sasural... she didn't want anyone to belittle her... she had self respect... this one was for herself. nice.

jai devi maiyya! and an office full of people, all strangers, all dressed in an unfamiliar way, talking different, quite unfriendly, laughed at her. but she didn't crumble. she set about organising her desk at her karyalay, calling herself "hum" to sim and pam's confusion. we? but she is just one person... nice dialogues coming in from time to time, lovely crafting.

there were computers which she knew nothing much of though hers got a chunari lovingly draped, there were women in skimpy clothes that had her saying shocked yet sassy things, thee were city prices to cups of tea which had her almost shouting... poor girl, how'd she even drink tea here. whatever came her way, she mumbled and talked nonstop about but took in her stride. including that phone call from a man who shouted, whose voice she seemed to have heard before, but who needed to be told off now.

like that bimari man, khushi didn't blend or meld either. in this new milieu, she showed her real core... a curious strength there. a strength to be exactly who she was.

and the way sanaya portrayed her, even in her signature chamak dhamak and bakbak, she was the coolest girl on the screen. casting was brilliant i felt, an essentially metro girl with flowing limbs, a graceful sophisticated demeanour who seemed to have a khushi deep in her somewhere and never let phoney city girl doing small town girl condescension touch her portrayal. 

khushi made her way to manju ji who'd become her champion during the "office track". nani ji kept trying to find her way to la but got stopped again and again, her "kauno love letter toh naahin?" had me grinning, the lady loves romance i had a feeling though she says otherwise. devi maiyya found a place in ar. and an angry young man felt irritated by all sorts of things including the news from home, no idea who had just got employment in his karyalay.

oh and i found another name for my ailment... buddhuram.

a beautiful scene, that sudden noticing of a shiny, most un-ar object on a table while yelling at la. throws him off... he has to ask what's that. it was like there was no question of not noticing her. so different they were from each other... never ever in the normal course of things such people meet and fall in love... or maybe we are wrong. what the.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
sometimes, a rakshas comes and compels you to forget everything and torture yourself by making endless edits.

xZoyax thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Kind Hearted Khushi

sometimes, a rakshas comes and compels you to forget everything and torture yourself by making endless edits.

I love your write up and these killing shots😳
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

episode 156

"ro rahi thi, bhai... mujhe unse milna hi padega..." she was crying, brother... i must meet her, said akash with a lost troubled look.

a comic slant with a generous dash of slapstick in it got going through most of the episode. happy slapstick though, delivered with enjoyment by all actors. especially the three bhais and the one sanka devi.

it's all about the meeting at 12 midnight. in hindi "bara baj gaye" or twelve o'clock has struck means things have come undone, gone haywire. well there would be some haywire going at midnight soon.

but before that, it's bara baj gaye for me as a man looks indescribably good in a frame all black and brown and colourless. a simple shot, man in dark brown sits on brown and black chair and looks at black laptop. he is doing nothing, just staring at a screen, πŸ˜† his fingers on the keyboard. how can such a shot have the mind riveted... something vivid, and magnetic in about asr, about barun sobti. the very air around him seems charged and full of bated excitement.
Oh yeah, what a persona, how sexy, so irresistible. Barun as ASR is just uff.

it's the poolside and the bromance is easy. as i watch i note that asr did indeed try everything he could not to go anywhere near kkg. but alas that was not to be. for nand kissore again had initiated a game. he had jet lag after four days and couldn't accompany lover boy akash on his midnight tryst.

asr was not taken in by the young lad from down under, yet he said nothing much. maybe without his knowledge, his heart too was wanting to see a certain face that night, the cusp between the old and the new.
undoubtedly. He was just pretending the drama. Or may be his subconscious mind already knew that his meeting with Khushi was inevitable. that's why he was trying to evade form that thought.

no doubt at all that all kkg could think of this evening was that laad governor. hey devi maiyya, she must make sure she doesn't come before him, she would stay at home, go nowhere, that way of course she wouldn't meet him.
what i said above about Arnav is also appropriate for Khushi.

writers played along all the characters and undercurrents and subconscious desires to a point where it became clear that the man who had loudly interjected "no!!" at the mention of going to lakshminagar, will be going exactly there.

at any other point in story this whole thing might have seemed forced, but these are the topsy turvy days around a wedding. things acquire  a different mood then and a lot of things that would be unthinkable otherwise seem quite normal.

i can't imagine asr sitting and wasting time on how and when his cousin will meet his fiance.πŸ˜† in fact, he is a bit brusque about it all as he should be.

and akash is suddenly so shy that he needs bhai for moral support?πŸ˜† he had managed to fall for and woo payal ji all by himself, pushing those specs up on his nose, sounding a bit goofy but sincerely and truly in love. ah well.

"boring and unromantic,"  nk said asr's plan for akash and payal's meeting was

asr was unfazed. it's practical, won't fail. that "practical" tugged at something in me. born with a yearning for something afar, those eyes always glittering and looking out to what who knows, asr seemed to almost turn away from that side consciously and woo his practical gene. he believed he was a practical man. all this love romance pyaar etc., was not meant for someone like him, that was the kind of thing di was into. he had no idea did he how terrifically romantic he really was.
yes indeed. I want to say in Sanaya's tone, "he is so rommantic."

and he was a clever man with a crisp incisive sense of the moment. when there's talk of khushi's superior ability  at making plans, he decided to have some fun.

"toh tum khushi say idea lene wale ho..." so you're going to take ideas from khushi, he said to akash. akash said, yes. "all the best," said man in brown and walked off.

the fairylights suddenly caught my attention, this viewing. snake was going to use fairylight wires to kill anjali. that too at the poolside.

but fairylights belong to a girl in green wrapped in them and a man unable to disentangle himself from the swirls of feelings all about him, in him... right here at this poolside.
well said. I hated it when they used ASR's heaven, his poolside for Anjali and Shyam's romance or whatever.

so in asr's hands the glimmering lights become emissaries of dhakdhak and in shyam's hands they become the messenger of death.πŸ‘

interesting writing.

also, i think by 156, the forum had become most active with a whole host of smart, vocal woman from all over the world having fun here. their voice used to be heard by the makers. i remember when i joined people talking about how things being discussed here were finding there way to the story.
really, that time the forum was just crazy. IPK forum is the cluster of so many intelligent women of the world. IPK must have some magic what pulled so many intellectual people towards it.

when anjali switched words and said shyam came up the window and came in through the pipe.. pipe se andar aaye... instead of saying it the other way around, i had a feeling gautam hegde or hitesh kewaliya were sort of laughing along with the forum's favourite name for shyam... snake.
good observation. we used to call him snakewa. Maybe that's why the writer wrote it.

couple of other dialogues that were funny:

anjali's saying of akash, "yeh hamare ghar ke sabse sharif aur sabse suljhe hue bachhe hain..." he is our home's most decent and simple boy, i had to giggle. yeah the other one is definitely not sharif... loves being badtameez, khadoos and many other awful things. 
Don't you know girls love bad boys.πŸ˜‰

in nk's room amid the confusion and chaos of jet lag and nk's malapropism, soon after he'd said "main parvat badlata raha..." instead of karvat.. so it came out, i kept changing mountains... akash looked at asr perplexed and muttered

"kaunse parvat?" which mountains?

"i don't know" said asr. perfect pitching and really funny.

i noticed the background score was a refrain from satte pe satta, upbeat, rambunctious fun suggested in it.

in te meantime khushi made jalebi and obsessed about asr. uss asr.

the stage is set. snake has promised a "jhatka" at midnight meaning the electric shock he's engineered. thankfully the jhatka will shift and pass current elsewhere; while his plan, not practical and unnecessarily elaborate, will fail.

lighter and fun episode except the snakewa part. It is really disgusting to see such scheming of killing.  beside that part, the episode was fun to watch. 
loved all the lines in blue. 
My comments are everywhere.
Previous
1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 93
Next