Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Rithu,
Keeping short is the work of lazy commentaries like me😆, If you keep them short how can we taste the delicacies heartfull😳..

Wish you and your family a very prosperous and a happy New year 🤗
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: deepsel

Rithu,

Keeping short is the work of lazy commentaries like me😆, If you keep them short how can we taste the delicacies heartfull😳..

Wish you and your family a very prosperous and a happy New year 🤗

Happy New year dear. Lazy comments are not allowed. My readers comments are like

-The most important part of the meal.

Edited by -Suganthi- - 9 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 20

Paro served the desert cups to new couple first. Kavya was surprised to be served Phirni after a typical Rajasthani meal. Paro smiled and explained that she came to know that it was her favourite desert and made it specially for her. Kavya reached out and gave her a one armed-hug. "Wah bhabhisa! This is awesome. Rudra give me ten thousand rupees," Sumer asked complimenting his sister-in-law. Rudra raised an eyebrow wondering what his cousin was upto. "Why do you want him to give you money? What happened to you earnings?" his father scolded. Sumer explained pointing to his empty bowl, "The hands that made this for us must be bedecked with bangles. But if I buy it, Rudra will feel bad. So it's better if he pays for it." Rudra glared. Paro noticed went to sit next to him. "See, this is why I have a problem thinking about his marriage. He has no idea how to be frugal," Danveer remarked to his wife. "Bapusa, how can BSD Major Rudra Pratap Ranavat buy ordinary glass bangles for his wife. No, it has be made of gold," he teased. VK Singh laughed, "That's true. This boy is making the rest of us look bad, Danveerji." Geethanjali narrowed her eyes in mock anger, "You should be happy that our daughter has a doting husband." Mohini agreed with the general, the other wives will soon develop a complex and start to envy Paro. Rudra tensed and Paro placed her hand on his thigh instantly calming him. Mohini noticed and her eyes widened at the open display of affection. Paro caught her eye and tried to retrieve her hand. But Rudra held it in place and proceeded to weave his fingers through it.

The rest of the family never noticed as they were paying attention to Maithili. "Devarsa, I think you should stick to glass. Paro baisa didn't make it all by herself. Sunheri and I helped too. So we deserve a reward too. In fact even Paro's friend Shatabdi helped us as she explained the recipe over...," her words halted as she felt her mother-in-law's grip on her arm. She became anxious that her words offended her somehow. "Maajisa, I was just...," she started to apologise as she was pulled away. But Mohini shook her head, she heard the name Shatabdi. The one name that had been swimming in her head for awhile now. "Shatabdi? Shatabdi Sisodia?" she enquired with a gleam in her eyes. Paro got up and joined them. The general exchanged a concerned look with Aman. The younger man just shook his head. He knew that Rudra's aunt was a little head strong and pushy. But she meant no harm. This time at least. They could all just relax and let Rudra handle her. Besides yanking young women like a rag doll seemed to be a family trait. "Kakisa, is something wrong? We just wanted to make a Punjabi dish. So I called my friend," Paro elaborated. Mohini smiled, "Shatabdi Sisodia is the girl our pandit suggested for Sumer." Paro was elated this was exactly what she wanted. Her friend to become a part of their family. She suprised Kakisa with a hug. "Don't say anything to her yet, I want to talk to her parents first," Mohini told the giggling girls. They nodded and got back to the family who were looking at the photo album.

Sumer called Maithili over, "Bhabhisa, isn't this the girl who came over that day to buy the pickles you make." Mohini was curious the pickles were not for sale, just something Maithili made for the family. Paro looked at the picture too and exclaimed, "Shatabdi! She came here! She used to steal the pickle jars at Maasiji's house. But I didn't think she would come all the way here." Mohini was furious, this girl has been to their home and nobody informed her. She scolded Maithili, "Why didn't you say something? This is the second time you are being friendly with strange women." Rudra looked up. His sister-in-law wasn't the foolish kind. Who was Kakisa talking about? Samrat realised she was referring to Mala Tejawat. But this wasn't the time or place for that discussion. He had no idea whether the general knew that the family was related to her. Mohini addressed her guests, "Our pandit suggested her for Sumer as we wanted a girl who will be happy to live in Jaipur with him. I will be meeting the Sisodias tomorrow." Geethanjali's expression mirrored her niece's, "But Mohiniji what are you waiting for? Haven't you heard you should not delay such things?" Danveer replied that they were waiting for the right opportunity to discuss it with the youngsters in the family before proceeding. Paro spoke up and said she has never been more excited in her life. Sunheri pulled her and they both danced around making Shanti laughed. "Banna, looks like your wife didn't enjoy her honeymoon with you. Maybe you should have just let her spend time with her friend," Sumer whispered to his cousin. He got a dirty scowl which made him run to Aman. He looked as Aman pointed out Shatabdi laughing in the album. "Looks like a pattaka. Fiesty and fabulous," he commented. Sunheri reminded him how he wanted a sherni to be his bride. Rudra remembered the conversation well and exchanged looks with his friend. This sherni will definitely bite his head off if he goes against her. "Look there is a better picture here," Kavya pointed out to another photo. "She and Paro were the life of our sangeet. Shatabdi is such a lovely person. You two will have a wonderful life together," she added. Sumer saw the look on Aman's face as he tried to hide a smile. "What?" he asked. "Kavya bhabhisa is absolutely right. You two will be perfect for each other. Kakisa, I'm actually feeling bad that I didn't think of this myself. Shatabdi will be perfect..." Sumer couldn't take it anymore, "Forget it bhabhisa. I'm not marrying someone based on your opinion." Danveer warned him to show some respect. "Bapusa, I didn't mean to be rude but Paro bhabhisa tends to say only nice things about others," he confessed honestly. Paro opened her mouth but couldn't argue. She preferred to appreciate the good in people rather than feel bad about their shortcomings. "I mean look at her choice in a life partner," he continued much to his father's annoyance. "Rudra isn't everything that a man will want for his daughter but he is perfect for my Paro," the general interrupted. Sometimes imperfect people have to come together for the perfect marriage. Maybe Shatabdi will complete your life in a way you never thought of, Geethanjali added wisely.

Sumer thought about it for a minute. They were right Paro and Rudra fit like a jigsaw puzzle and the end result was a beautiful love story. But there was no guarantee that he will have the same luck. "What do you think?" he asked his cousin to everyone's surprise. Mohini was offended that he didn't ask her opinion on such a life changing decision. Paro looked anxious wondering what he will reply. Her husband wasn't a big fan her friend and he was brutally honest. What if he paints her in a bad light. Rudra was in shock. He was never solicited for advice. So even though he knew the woman in question well enough he was hesitant. One look at Paro was all it took for him to know what she expected. He smiled at her. This was what he liked best about their relationship he didn't need to try to hard to understand what she wanted from him. "Shatabdi is different. She is not like Paro or Maithili bhabhisa. She is well read, smart, stylish and more worldly. I think you should give her a chance. Kavyaji maybe right, you two will have a wonderful life together," he confessed.

Later that night when all the guests had left, Paro was pacing in her room. Rudra had disappeared saying he needed to speak with his cousin. She knew that Rudra was being honest in his assessment of Shatabdi but the admiration in his eyes when he spoke disturbed her. She couldn't help it. It hurt when it was obvious that he didn't see the same shrewdness in her. Didn't he call her, Bewakoof ladki? Maybe she shouldn't have dropped out of school? That was the big difference wasn't it. If she had graduated from school she would be just like the other girls at Aman's wedding. After all it wasn't just the clothes that made them sophisticated. There must be a way for her to continue her education. She thought of Sunheri's text books and groaned. They were so fat with tiny font. She didn't want to go back to school. She yelped as she felt someone grab her from behind. She tried to turn, her heart pounding when she heard the voice. "Are you afraid? You should be, having disappointed me so. Now you will be punished," whispered a harsh voice in her ear.

tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ritz
This was so well written. I loved the way you brought out the family interactions and at the same time highlighted Paro and Rudra's bond. It was beautifully done. I like how Mohini is staying true to character. Looks like Sumer and Shatabdi's courtship is going to start. I am looking forward to how that goes. 

Poor paro is insecure about herself. Is she going to empower herself? I don't think she needs to. Rudra loves her as she is. I wonder how he is going to reassure her.

And love the cliffhanger. I think I know who it is :)
Edited by tinamehta - 9 years ago
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii Rithu,

Nice update, so beautifully show family intraction. Want to know How Rudra clear her insecurity, like it
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rithu , How are you ? Nice update yar 😊
I liked the following aspects a lot about this update : 

1. Paro's insecurities. - This is pretty natural given the circumstances and how different Paro and Rudra are . I am eager to know how you take this forward. I really want Rudra to reassure her and at the same time may be paro is gonna take some step towards education in addition to her NGO work. 😊

2.  Family Dynamics - I say this almost for every chapter of yours ; You bring out family dynamics really really well 😊 I can just visualize entire Ranavat family sitting in the aangan communicating with each other how a normal Joint family would do while am reading your chapters 😊

I really hope the hoarse voice at the end is Rudra and not someone else 😛
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

That was a sweet update..whole family planning for my Tractor dilwala Sumer's marriage😳..That cute lap arm embrace☺️, DILs & MIL enjoyous moment, Sumer's cracker jokes and finally Paro's jealous thoughts crowned the chapter...Very warm and nice to read dear..

So am hoping in some way you are going to make Paro educated!!?..way to go..and unless you are planning something very drastic I believe thats Rudra behind Paro...

And Sumer's "Looks like your wife didn't enjoy HM" made me LOLed...This guy surely knows how to push Rudra's button..😆

A doubt: Is the chapter unusually small or I felt it that way?! 😕

Good going Rithu

Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice chapter rithu. Lovely family moments.
Loved the way how the General said that Rudra may not be perfect but he s wat Paro needs.

Paro feeling inferior now. Poor Rudra. Just now he has started socializing with people. Like making sunehri feel better and giving advice for Sumer. And he has inadvertently made Paro restless. Are you planning tomake Paro continue her education or something like that..? If yes am looking forward for that. But before that Paro should be made to feel better and assured that Rudra needs only her and this is the Paro he fell for.

Btw, wat s wrong with Sumer. Why s he on suicidal mode..? Pulling Rudra's legs..?
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinamehta

Ritz

This was so well written. I loved the way you brought out the family interactions and at the same time highlighted Paro and Rudra's bond. It was beautifully done. I like how Mohini is staying true to character. Looks like Sumer and Shatabdi's courtship is going to start. I am looking forward to how that goes. 

Poor paro is insecure about herself. Is she going to empower herself? I don't think she needs to. Rudra loves her as she is. I wonder how he is going to reassure her.

And love the cliffhanger. I think I know who it is :)

Thank you. I enjoy writing about the Ranavats. They bring a lightness to the story. Mohini has to be queen, she hates it when she is being pushed to the background. Are you sure Shatabdi is on board to be courted by Sumer?

Rudra needs to have a nice long chat about his wife's admirable qualities. She is a remarkable woman who has managed to carve out an amazing life for herself. She will fine.

Don't tell. 
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: thakurpreeti

Hii Rithu,

Nice update, so beautifully show family intraction. Want to know How Rudra clear her insecurity, like it

Thank you. Rudra needs to point out how awesome he thinks she is. That's all.