Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smartypants4593 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: deepsel

Beautiful story you are penning dear.. I read the whole 17 chapters in a go and your writing is really good...PARUD emotions are portrayed beautifully without an ounce of vulgarity...Plz continue and already looking forward to the next update.

Thank you so much deepsel, I am so glad you're enjoying the story. Means so much to me. :)

Originally posted by: blue_rose1605

awesome writing..loved it..i read all chapter in one go πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thank you so much for reading my work and appreciating it so much... Do continue reading it!! I promise it won't be a let down. :))

Originally posted by: rupao21

not cheesy at all. loooved this sweet chapter, makes me blush when Rudra does his magic.. nonetheless let me tell you, this chapter was so enjoyable it was short lived. You're so good at writing you should extend your chapters.. especially the sweet and romantic ones.. did that sound cheesy? ;p 

lots of love, 
Ru. 

Nothing sounds cheesy when it comes to Parud, isn't it? :P Thank you appreciating my story so much... and like you said, I will post long chapters with more moments between them. :) 

Heads up, things are going to get really steamy between them soon!! β˜ΊοΈ 

Do continue reading! :)
To all the other ladies, who have given me such wonderful feedback, thank you sooo much. You have no clue how happy I get when I read the reviews.. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply individually to all since I can only post like 10 posts a day cause I'm a newbie and I also wanted to upload the next chapter too... but again, I can't thank you enough for such amazing feedback...

Also, I will make an index of the chapters soon. Please continue enjoying my work.

As I was writing this chapter, I was watching Ashish Sharma performing at the ITA. Man, can he set the temperatures soaring!!!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
And those expressions!!!!! * squeals of joy* 
I only wish it was sanaya with him in the performance.

Ok, while I get on with my fantasies, I won't keep you guys waiting :P

Here's the next chapter :)
Enjoy!!

CHAPTER 18- TIME FLIES BY

A tug on her odhni made Paro turn around to see Rudra, leaning languidly against a pillar slowly reel her towards him by pulling the odhni. Paro instantly saw the mischief in his eyes as he passed a roughish smile as he continued to pull her closer to himself.

"ACP Sir, what are you doing? Don't you have to go to work today? Neither are you doing your work, nor do you let me finish mine. Let go of my dupatta." Paro said, with what she hoped was a severe voice, but she realized that it had no effect whatsoever on Rudra, who was now just inches away from her.

Slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer, he said in a husky voice, "Today's Sunday. I have nothing better to do today than remain in your arms." The low baritone of his was enough to send pleasurable shivers inside Paro.

In the last few days, she had seen a positive change in Rudra. The Rudra who stood infront of her, his eyes brimming with unconditional love for her was so much different from Rudra whom she had met for the first time.

Paro thanked Bholenaath every day for the change. He smiled more often now. He spent more time at home, than burying himself in his work. He cared for the people around him.

Both Mala and Prakriti were astounded by the change in him too. Mala, who had seen him suffer every day because of his past couldn't stop thanking Paro every time she saw him smile and laugh.

As Paro stood there, enveloped in his arms, lightly chuckling at his plans for the day, she realized she wanted nothing more from life. She had everything she wanted. She had her ACP Sir.

Rudra was now caressing her hand, from her shoulders to the tips of her fingers, causing her to lean into him, breathing in his clean, manly scent. Her hands went towards his powerful chest, trailing the hard muscles underneath her fingers.

"Paro" Rudra moaned as he felt her heated skin against his own. Bending down, he kissed her deeply, savoring her lips. His kiss turned even more brazen as he pushed her against the wall and pressed his taut body against her causing her to moan into his mouth.

They were interrupted by Rudra's cellphone ringing. Reluctantly he broke away from Paro and looked at his phone. The caller id told him it was Aman.

Confused as to why Aman had called him on a holiday, and slightly irritated that he had interrupted them, he said in a petulant voice, "What is it Aman?"

Paro, finding her escape, broke away from his arms and ran towards her room, giggling and blushing a bright red as Rudra started lovingly at her before Aman's voice brought him to alert.

Aman, who had sensed the pinch in Rudra's voice, replied, "Sir! I'm sorry to disturb you, but we have a serious matter at hand."

"What's wrong Aman?" said Rudra, solemn.

"Sir, we have received a letter at the Station. It's .. the letter...", he hesitated before finishing, "It's better if you come to the station and read it yourself sir!"

Wondering what trouble lay ahead, Rudra replied, "I'm on my way Aman, I'll be there in 15 minutes. Till then, try if you can trace where the letter came from."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudra reached the station and went straight into his office, beckoning Aman behind him. Once they were inside, Aman closed the doors and handed over a sheet of paper to Rudra.

Ranawat

Expect a storm in your life soon. It will create a havoc from which you will never recover.

I will rob you the reason for your existence, your precious Parvati.

You will meet your end in my hands.

Rudra's blood boiled as he read the words. Handing over the sheet back to Aman, he instructed him to continue to search for any trace. Rudra nearly shook in anger thinking that some low-life was thinking about hurting his Paro. He would find him out and finish him before he could even reach Paro.

"Sir, if I may suggest, I think you should take Parvati and leave the city for a few days, until it's established who this maniac is." Suggested Aman.

Rudra considered Aman's suggestion and agreed with it. All he cared about was Paro and there was no way he was putting her in any danger.

Rudra dismissed Aman and sat back in his chair as he pondered on how to handle the situation at hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paro made her way into Rudra's room to put away his clothes in the cupboard. As she was about to hang his ironed uniform on the rod, her hand hit a box above the shelf, causing it to fall down and its contents spilled out onto the floor.

As Paro picked up the set of sheets that had fallen out the box, a jolt of pain shot inside her when she saw that they were photos of Rudra's first marriage.

As she started at the photos, the air seemed to escape out of her lungs. Rudra looked much younger than he was now, laughing happily at the camera, with his arm around the woman, whose face was constricted to a tight smile.

Paro ruffled through the photos, hardly daring to breathe, looking at Rudra's carefree smile in each one of them. Her heart went out to him. This was before he had been deceived. Each photo showed Rudra look lovingly at the woman sitting beside him, while she seemed the least bit interested in the ongoing proceedings. Paro did not like Laila. Even through the photos, Paro could see what a vile woman she was.

Paro's eyes then went from the photos to the thin gold band on her left ring finger. Unexpectedly, tears began to flow down her cheeks.

How can I marry him? She thought. Wasn't he already married? She knew Rudra loved her unconditionally, but somehow she suddenly felt ashamed. She felt like she was the other woman, a woman of low values.

But how can I let go of him?' Paro thought, panic seeping into her. I cannot live without him. What do I do?' She wept bitterly, unable to think properly, her mind in turmoil.

As she continued to weep, she heard footsteps behind her. Realizing that Rudra was back home, she hurriedly put the photos away in the box and tucked it into the cupboard. With a shock, she gathered that one of the photo was still on the floor. She quickly bent down to pick it up and tried to put it away in the box, but before she could do so, Rudra entered the room, and she hid the photo behind her.

Instantly sensing something was wrong, Rudra quickly went towards Paro and asked her, worried, "Paro, what's wrong? Have you been crying? Tell me what happened?"

"Woh... It's nothing ACP Sir, something went into my eye, so that's why they started watering." She said, not meeting his eyes.

Rudra pulled her towards himself and said, "You know you can't lie Paro. Please tell me what happened? You know I can't see you in tears."

Paro could see Rudra's pained expression, but she dared not reach out to him, since she still had the photo clutched tightly in her hand.

Realizing she was hiding something, behind her back, Rudra asked her, "What are you hiding behind your back Paro? Show it to me."

"Nothing, it's nothing ACP Sir... I... I have to go, Maasa is calling me", said Paro and she proceeded to leave the room in a hurry.

Quick in his reflexes, Rudra stopped her from leaving with one hand and also managed to wrench the photo away from her with the other. He looked down at the photo and understood what had hurt Paro and what she had gone through when she had seen it.

He looked up at Paro, who still refused to meet his eyes, and yet Rudra could see her long eyelashes, wet because of another stream of tears.

Silently, he went towards the cupboard and took out the box containing the photos. He gathered all the photos together and began to rip them into pieces.

With a gasp, Paro lunged towards him and tried to stop him. "ACP Sir, what are you doing?"

"Something that I should have done long ago." Said Rudra, continuing to tear the photos.

Once he was done with the ordeal, he took Paro's hands into his own and whispered, "I am sorry Paro."

Paro's heart welled up listening to him. "No ACP Sir, you don't have to apologize. I can understand. She was your wife, you were marr-

"NO, she is not my wife. She never was." Rudra said firmly, cutting in between. "Paro, before you came into my life, I was a living corpse, haunted every minute by nightmares. I put those photos with me, because in a weird way, they helped. Looking at them made me realize what a fool I was and that helped me focus. I strived to run away from the nightmares, from the hurt, from the sleepless nights and burying myself into my work was the only way out. The first few months, I was a horrible mess, I would drink every day and just while away my time at home. Later I realized, that that was not who I was. I changed, but I wasn't human anymore."

Paro listened to him pour his heart out to her, hardly daring to breathe.

"But then you arrived and it was like I had stepped into a dream. You changed me. You made me realize that I could escape from my horrible past and live and strive for a future. When you're by my side, I am the strongest, I am the happiest, I am alive. I want nothing more. Nothing means more to me than you Paro. Nothing will ever cause me to part from you."

"I know what you must have been thinking when you saw those photos. But trust me that was never a marriage. She just used me. An institution without love and mutual respect is never a marriage. I am all yours Paro and you are forever mine. Don't ever doubt yourself. You are as pure as the driven snow. I won't let anything ever taint you, I promise."

Overwhelmed by his earnest declaration, Paro hugged him close. Before Rudra had time to comprehend her actions, Paro stood on her tip toes and kissed him gently on the lips. Moments later, when she pulled away from him, she tried to leave the room in a hurry, suddenly shy at her boldness.

Before she could run away, Rudra caught her and enveloped her back into his arms. "I love you Paro" Rudra confessed nuzzling her cheek.

"Acha Paro, Tomorrow is my senior's 25th wedding anniversary in Jaipur.  Since my father's death, V.K. Sir has always been my guidance. He was the one who encourage me to join the police force. He has personally called me up to invite us. Will you come along with me?"

"Of course ACP sir. Of course I will come along with you" said Paro, with a shimmering smile, which never ceased to leave Rudra contended.

"Jija, get ready faster or we're going to be late for the party."

"Haan haan Paro, I'm almost done. Just give me 2 minutes" said Nandini screwing in her earring.

Paro was hopping on her toes, all ready for the party. More than the party, she was eager to meet Rudra, whom she hadn't seen since morning.

They had reached the hotel in Jaipur yesterday. Aman and Nandini had also come along. Both Nandini and Parvati were astounded by the grandeur of the hotel in which they were staying.

All four of them had met V.K Singh and his wife Geetanjali Singh for tea. Looking at the couple, Parvati hoped that in the future, Rudra and she would share the same strong relationship.

While Aman and Nandini had chosen to tour the city for the day, Paro had stayed back with Geetanjali Ma'am since Rudra had some work to take care of.

Geetanjali was absolutely delighted to meet Paro. She had always admired and loved Rudra like her own son and she knew what he had been through in the past. But now she was happy since Rudra had found his soul mate.

Now, as Paro and Nandini, left the room for the party, Paro wondered where Rudra was. She didn't want to admit it, but she was a little hurt by his behavior. When Rudra had told her that they were going to Jaipur, Paro had already thought of all the things that they could do there, but since the minute they had arrived, Rudra had been busy and Paro had hardly spent any time with him.  She had taken extra efforts to dress up for him tonight. Nandini had purchased the beautiful red and gold sari that she had draped.  Paro hoped and prayed that she could spend quality time with him at the party. She wanted it to be a night that they both would remember.

As they reached the entrance of the venue, Paro realized that everything inside was in pitch darkness. Paro was left confounded as to why there were no lights since it was such a huge celebration.

From the corner of her eye, she spotted a large fire crackling away to one side of the room. Wondering what was happening, Paro stepped inside along with Nandini, when suddenly the lights shone from above, leaving Paro gaping at the sight in front of her eyes.

The whole hall was decorated with streams and festoons, flowers and lights. The fire that she had seen earlier was on a sacred mandap.

Paro was even more amazed when she spotted Prakriti and Mala, who stood among the guests grinning at her from ear- to- ear.

Nandini squeezed Paro's shoulder gently and took her further in, before going to stand beside Aman and both of them smiled at her astonished face.

Before Paro could even fathom what was going on, Rudra appeared from the shadows and took her hand.

Amused with her still confused expression, Rudra proclaimed "Paro, this is all for you. I couldn't wait to make you mine forever and that's why I planned all this. Paro, you mean the world to me. I am what I am today because of you. You complete me. You're my soul and I never wish to stay apart from you. Therefore, Parvati, will you become my bride, my wife, my equal?"

Paro who was in tears of joy, wiped them away and replied, "Yes. Yes of course ACP Sir."

Ecstatic beyond words with her answer, Rudra hugged her tightly while the crowd clapped and cheered. Nandini intervened and placed a bright red duppata with beautiful work, over Paro's head. Rudra then led her to the mandap, where they sat beside each other, ready to take their vows to spend eternity with each other.

As always, ignore spelling and grammatical errors and don't forget to review. More happiness ahead!! :)

And once again, Thank you so much (I know I'm doing this a lot, but like I said I can't thank you guys enough  :D ) for enjoying this tale.

Will update soon. 

prabha.abha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow, its really super, they r going to marry 
rupao21 thumbnail
My gosh, this was beautifully put into words. Sad that I can't get enough of your work. ;p Lost for words to say, will come and edit this :) 
lots of love, 
Ru. 
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Agar surprise wedding karni ho to aise karo, naaki drunken state main. great update. So now that she'll be his wife, they can live together and he can take her away to another place. Well done, Rudra. But will Paro be willing to leave his family and Nandini behind?
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing n Lovely update, love the way that they will get married,
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful so glad to read about their wedding.