nandinidavid96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Very Nice Update Pallavi,do continue soon 😛
And madam, you have one more FF to update, so please do the onus 😉😆
Michmichi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Pallavi🤗   So glad you've decided to update the FF, awesome update.these two are still misunderstanding each other!! sigh! Looking forward to the next update and may be the other FF as well ,we are greedy😛
Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
First a big thank you Pallavi for updating the story inspite of your hectic schedule. 🤗 
And now for the FF...as usual fantastic...I can still visualize Visa enacting this scene...miss them so badly. 

P.S: Request to you and Nandini to update your respective FF's when time permits you. 

wupa thumbnail

Guys,

First of all, I am very sorry for the late update. Been suffering from some health issues and just did not have the energy to update. And I apologize to RaVya fans for not updating their part of the fic yet! I promise to do that soon. As for Vikrant's past, it will be continued in the next part as well.

I will personally reply to each and every one of your posts at the earliest, guys. Please bear with me. I am indebted to you and am humbled by your loving and wonderful comments.

Hope I don't bore you with this chapter. I did not re-check the chapter, so Kindly forgive me if there are any errors.

Catch you all later! Cheers! J

PART 36

Vikrant slowly made his way to the rocking chair in the centre of the room. A regretful smile crept to his lips which seemed to have left a permanent crease around his mouth. He closed his eyes as he sat and rubbed his forehead subconsciously as she started to dominate his thoughts.

As he rocked back and forth and as the minutes ticked by, the memories of her started to resurface.

At a time when Vikrant was completely absorbed in making a mark in the world of business, he cut himself off the social circle. His interactions with his one and only friend, Aarthi also diminished. His aim to succeed in life made him a workaholic and he just did not reflect upon the need to have a life partner to come home to; until a call from Aarthi changed it all.

He was caught up with some office work that night, when a phone call disturbed him. He cursed at the interruption before answering the call. "Hello!", he said, his voice laced with annoyance.

"Is it the right time, Bhaiyya or is there ever a right time to speak with you?" asked an equally annoying voice on the other end.

"Aarthi?!" he exclaimed. "How are you?"

"Thank god you still remember my name! I thought the long hours you put in at work robbed you off your memory!" she spoke mockingly before asking, "By the way, who else calls you Bhaiyya other than me? Huh?"

"No one but you, my dear! That endearment is only reserved for you!", he replied, overwhelmed with joy. "So tell me, how are you? What has made you call me at this unholy hour?" he asked looking at the clock striking eleven.

She muttered something unintelligible and Vikrant said, "Come again?" Her reply this time was very clear, "I said, 'look who is talking!' The last I spoke with you was on Raksha Bandhan! I do hope you remember that it was exactly a two minute call you made to thank me for my hand-made rakhi and that too at 10 in the night! So my question is, should I have a reason to speak with you? Can't it be a casual call? And do I not have the right to call upon you anytime I please?"

"Okay, okay! Mistake's mine, I apologize!", said Vikrant. "I think you chose the wrong profession. You must have aspired to become a lawyer instead of an interior designer!" he chuckled.

"Bhaiyya!" she retorted, a smile gracing her lips. She hesitated a little before speaking, "You are right, by the way. There is a specific reason why I called you tonight and it is to confide in you about something."

Vikrant listened silently to her voice that was filled with excitement and anxiety. When she did not continue, he gently urged her, saying, "And that would be?"

He heard her taking a deep breath, before saying," I am in love, Bhaiyya!". She giggled a little as the initial anxiety she felt, slowly started to dissipate.

He was shocked to say the least; He did not know how to react, because this was the last thing he expected to hear from her. So he asked, "What?!"

"I am in love! LOVE!" she replied happily. She knew that she must have shocked him with the news, so she waited patiently for him to absorb the news. And the moment she realized he did, she pulled the receiver a little away from her ear, as a series of questions started to fly off his mouth.

"Who is it? I hope you do realize the seriousness of the matter and I hope against hope you did a thorough background check of this guy. And why am I hearing about this now and not earlier?" He paused a little expecting her to answer and when he got none, he asked, "Why are you not answering my questions, Aarthi?"

"I can only answer if you finish with your questions first, Bhaiyya!" Aarthi exclaimed. "Background check? Are you kidding me? I am not running a PI firm here. Gosh, Bhaiyya! That is why I urge you to socialize. You need to meet people and sometimes go with you gut instinct! What is wrong with you?" she replied a little angrily.

"What is wrong with what I asked?" replied Vikrant equally upset. "I am just worried for you!"

"I know, Bhaiyya and I am not sorry for retorting the way I did. You do realize we speak only once in a blue moon; both our schedules are just crazy.  And I only wanted to tell you when I was sure in the first place." She paused before adding," I am equally worried that you just refuse to trust anyone. What happened with us in the past was really terrible. But we need to move on and live in this world; and to do that we need to place the trust in the right person. I have requested many times not to let what happened in the past interfere with your future. When you have applied it in career, then why not in personal life too? Mm?" She concluded sighing heavily.

"Okay!" he grumbled. "Will you tell me about him or are you planning on continuing this lecture?" he mocked.

"Finally!" She said."His name is Yash and I met him at one of my clients' wedding reception. He is a wedding planner and was obviously the one behind the arrangements. So we hit it off well and slowly started meeting each other, but as friends. He is from Bhopal, by the way."

"Are you talking about Mr. Pratap Scindia's son, Yash scindia?" He asked with surprise.

"The one and only!" replied Aarthi calmly. "Do you want to listen to the complete story or not?" she enquired

"Yeah, please continue. At least I am relieved that it is someone I know in business circles and a little personally too!" answered Vikrant.

"Anyway, the more the amount of time we spent with each other, the more I was sure that he was THE ONE. He felt the same way about me and we confessed our love for each other. And that's it!" she chuckled with happiness.

"I am surprised that it was not love at first sight' for you, what with the way you would read romance novels and all!" he teased her. "But seriously, I am very happy for you! Your happiness means a lot to me." He said cheerfully.

"I am a die hard romantic and I hope you fall in love with someone too, just like I did! That is all I ever wanted for you; to be happy and contented in life with your soul mate." She said, filled with hope.

"Ah, come on, Aarthi! You very well know that I don't believe in all this nonsense." He said, brushing her off.

"Okay, tell me something, when you come home every night, whom will you share the joy of success or the pain of failure with? Huh?" She enquired.

"This is a never ending topic, so can we apply breaks now? Please?" he pleaded.

"Okay, only for now. If you don't find someone soon, then I might have to play the matchmaker!" She threatened.

"Aarthi, I have pressing office matters that need my attention right now, so can I call you sometime tomorrow? We can talk leisurely about your lover boy." He said teasingly.

"No Bhaiyya! I wanted to let you know that I am coming to Bhopal tomorrow and I want you to make time for me; because I want you to meet Yash." She hurried with her reply.

"You are coming here? Wonderful! I will pick you up at the airport, then. What time does your flight arrive at?" he asked, excitedly.

"At 7AM, Bhaiyya." She answered.

They exchanged their goodbyes and Vikrant was so elated at the thought of meeting her after almost 2 years that he could not concentrate on any work. He pushed himself to wrap things up and left the office. The first thing he did on the way home was to set an alarm for 5 in the morning and hit the bed the moment he reached.

The next morning he reached the airport on time and saw Aarthi pushing her trolley towards the exit. She had her back to him as he approached her. So he tapped on her shoulder to grab her attention, only to realize that he spotted the wrong girl. A startled face looked up at him and enquired, "Yes?"

Vikrant comprehended much later that the love at first sight' which he teased Aarthi about, had actually happened to him.

TBC...

Michmichi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Pallavi ,hope you are feeling better🤗 Awesome update again. Looking forward to the next part to see how Mr. Akdu's past unfolds. We never got to see this details in the show😭 
nandinidavid96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Pallu, hope you are feeling better now?? Take care & get well soon 🤗
Thanks for the awesome update, looking forward to see how Akdu's past unfolds in the story. Please continue soon as per your convenience 😊 Stay Blessed !!!
wupa thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjalijiji

Hi Pallavi ,hope you are feeling better🤗Awesome update again. Looking forward to the next part to see how Mr. Akdu's past unfolds. We never got to see this details in the show😭

Aww..thank you for your enthusiastic comments, as always, dear! I am okay, but not completely okay yet. I need to follow up with the doc.

Yeah, I completely agree with you! I wish we could have seen his back story on the show. I wish we had good cvs to carry the story forward and just when it got interesting and the writers grew a brain, effin' zee pulled it off air; only to replace with a pathetic show!

😡 😡

So how are you doing and how is your course going on? I miss chatting on this forum with you guys! 😭 Like my hubby says, all good things do come to an end, I guess!

Take care, dear and I promise to update at the earliest.

P.S. It is a shame that I forgot the storyline of my other ff. Will update once I read it, hehe.Edited by wupa - 9 years ago
Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Pallavi, Hope you are doing better now.  Another fascinating update...what we missed on television you are fulfilling it for us Visa fans... looking forward to as to how his past will fan out. 
P.S: Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health always.
Durresyed thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey Pallavi. Hope you are doing well. Its been long since I visited IF.
Had surprise on seeing your update. Its amazing as always👏
Waiting for ur next update after your full recovery😊
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
amazing parts loved it cont soon