Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

RECAP

I personally think a recap is needed because of the time lapse between the last update and this one.

So this story starts from the Benazir track, after her entry.

Part 1

Jodha is seated in the royal gardens. She is remembering old times with Jalal before their relationship had soured. She was visibly upset that he had no time for her but a lot of time for Benazir.

Without her knowledge, Jalal was admiring her beauty in the moon light. He missed her terribly but the consequences left him with no choice.

Part 2

Jodha was rudely disturbed with Zakira's arrival who had accidentally broken her favourite vase gifted by Jalal. She grew furious and she ordered her to be whipped a thousand times for a week without food and only water. Then she remembered the occasion of the gift when he had invited her for a sword fighting match. That had been the beginning of their friendship which was now broken.

The next morning saw Benazir begging with Jalal to revoke the punishment while recounting the whole story to him who understood the gravity of the situation. He himself went and stopped the guard by holding the already lifted whip and was completely satisfied.

Part 3

Later that night when Jodha came to meet him, he refused to meet her. Jodha conveyed her gratitude to him through the guard which perplexed Jalal. He was very angry with her for not coming to meet him through the day and coming only at night. That's why he had blatantly denied permission. His patience had given way to anger. Yes. He had wanted to meet her and watch with glee as she vented out her anger on him for insulting her by not punishing Zakira.

Though the real reason for saving Zakira was indeed to SAVE Jodha from disgrace and not to insult Jodha or please Benazir. Her immaturity cannot be the reason for her downfall, he thought. People would start hating her which he wouldn't allow. He would still take revenge with this too. The other begums would gossip. He would achieve his motive.

He then remembered the letter she had sent him inviting him to meet her that FATEFUL night and his blood boiled. He even remembered the gentle nuances later on...

With all the insult and hurt and drinks, he finally slept. 

Part 4 

Jodha remembers the previous night's events. She had been extremely angry over Zakira's audacity. She was furious with Jalal for giving so much freedom to Benazir that such things could happen and nothing was done about it. Later in the morning, Jodha woke up to find a worried Moti trying to bandage the wound on her hand. She had even called the hakim.

The queen recollected the night's happenings and ordered that Zakira's punishment be stopped immediately. She was shocked to know that Shehenshah had already done so. She was aghast that even Moti supported Jalal. Later at night, she was still thinking about the whole issue. She had finally apologised without creating a scene due to Moti's insistence. But she was highly perturbed. Less about Jalal's behaviour and more about her own reactions!

She was finding it impossible to control her emotions. Why was she feeling so bad? What difference did he make in her life? Her mind and heart were at war.

Edited by najma123 - 9 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail

Recap

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/108371986

Part 3 - Page 5

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/106264844

And, a special mention of varshaakulkarni. She kept sending me PMs to update it. Love you all! This is not amazing or anything. Below average I would say. So terribly sorry for the trouble. πŸ˜›

DISCLAIMER: 

THIS IS MY OWN WORK OF FICTION. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S WORK ON THIS OR ANY OTHER FORUM IS PURELY UNINTENTIONAL AND I BEG MY PARDON FOR IT.

Part 4

Banner Credits by Tahniat

Midnight

In Jodha's Chambers

Jodha couldn't sum up her own feelings. The day's events had taken a toll on her. So much had happened that day. It started off with last night when she had lost her cool, unnecessarily, she felt now. She had been very angry the previous night. She looked at her bandaged wrist. She remembered the events of the previous night...

Flashback

Previous Night

In Jodha's Chambers

She stormed into her room like the never-abating storm. "Ekanth." She did not want to talk to anyone now, not even Moti. She instructed the maids that she did not want anyone coming and meeting her. She was so angry that, even if it would have been Jalal coming to meet her, she would have admonished him. How dare she? What is that maid's status compared to her? She is Shehenshah Jalaluddin Mohammed's Begum. No. She is his Khas Begum.

Who is that mere bandhi to defy her in such a manner? It is all because of HIM and the freedom given to that vile Benazir that her MAID behaves in such a manner. She broke that vase? Why? Didn't she have enough problems to deal with already? Why one more? It was so special to her. She had never verbally conveyed its importance to Jalal but that does not mean she did not like it. It was so beautiful and delicate that she had fallen in love with that inanimate object. More so as it had come as a gift from HIM.

She could not let her go unpunished. She had done the right thing by punishing her. It would be a lesson for that wicked woman. But was it too cruel? After all, Zakira did say it was an accident. Was I that harsh? Should I forgive her? Her rational mind was doubting the reason behind her own actions.

No. another voice echoed in her head. She had done nothing wrong. After all, there are countless begums in the Harem who punish servants for the pettiest things every day. She had done nothing wrong. Wrong was the Shehenshah and that vile... Benazir... She has come... and...

Exhausted with the mental labours the queen underwent every day now in addition to her unattended wound, Jodha fell asleep on the couch.

The Next Morning

In Jodha's Chambers

"Jodha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "Jodha? Get up. Wake up. Please. Oh. No. How did this happen?

Moti's frantic calls woke the sleeping queen. She looked down to find the hakim trying to bandage her cut wrist. Moti standing aside, was weeping. There was a pool of blood on the floor. "It is fortunate that the cut isn't as deep as it seemed. Otherwise she would have lost consciousness and it would have been really hard to bring her back to consciousness."

"Begum Sahiba, I have appliedlep. You should be well and about in a day or so. Please do not move around too much. You have already lost quite a lot of blood. I have instructed Motibai to do the needful. Please summon me for any emergencies." With the traditional salute, the hakim to her leave.

"What actually happened Jodha? How are you feeling now? Why couldn't you have called me last night itself? And Zakira..."

Jodha had lost track of what Moti was saying. Her thoughts drifted back to Zakira. No. she did not commit a murder that she had given her such a harsh punishment. She immediately called a bandhi.

"Stop Zakira's punishment immediately. Tell the guards I take back the sentence. I have forgiven her." 

The perplexed bandhi looked at Motibai questioningly. "Woh Begum Sahiba, Shehenshah ne khud rukwa diya..."

Sometime Later...

In Jodha's Chambers

"When so much had happened Jodha did you not feel the need to tell me all this? I know my position as your maid but I thought you treated me like a friend and sister..." Moti was feeling very low and was tear-eyed.

Jodha looked up guiltily. " I was blinded with rage yesterday..." She had finally recounted the previous day's happenings to Moti.

"But Jodha it was very good of the Shehenshah to stop the punishment. Poor Zakira."

"It wasn't at all. He has insulted ME by doing so. Agreed I erred there. Still. He could have waited. Also, he stopped it not because of his generosity but because of his Khas Kaneez who went and served him early morning."

Jodha didn't understand Moti's stance at all. Why was she supporting Jalal throughout? Even now. she has nothing to say against him.

"Jodha, he has done this to SAVE you from disgrace. Not to disgrace you." With that Moti took her leave.

Jodha stared at her retreating figure blankly. What did Moti mean by that? All the begums in the Harem were gossiping about her. She knew it. How had Shehenshah saved her from disgrace? She was confused. She could not come to a definite conclusion.

Present

Midnight

In Jodha's Chambers

She had spent the entire day in thinking about the issue. What she wanted to do was going and shouting at Shehenshah for what he had done. But Moti had stopped her. Later she had actually understood his actions. She would have been maligned. Thank the Lord he stopped it. But.

He had, as usual, refused to see her. She had just wanted to convey her gratitude. If he indeed cared for her, why couldn't he meet her just once? No. She thought she had committed a blunder by thanking him. She shouldn't have done that. He did not deserve it. When the guard had said the Emperor was busy, she knew he was with Benazir. 

With great difficulty she had restrained herself from asking the guard about that. Sleep evaded her today. She was deep in thought. She had felt deeply hurt when Jalal refused to see her. But she had promised Moti to thank him. So she did as she did.

Why was she feeling so terrible? Why was she so upset with Shehenshah? Why did she hate Benazir so much? Didn't he spend many a night with his other begums before? Why did she not feel anything then? Why now? Why did she care so much about his whereabouts? Why did she not want Benazir in Agra anymore? Why did she not like when Jalal did not meet her? 

Why did she want to meet him? Why did she want HIM to meet her? Why did she want HIM to WANT to meet her? Why? What was happening? Why was she bothered? Why did she feel abandoned? She did have so many loving people in her life. Salima begum, Rahim, Ammijaan, Moti, her family at Amer- they all loved her. Then why did HE matter so much?

And why is he doing this? Why is he hurting me deliberately? What did I do... She stopped there. She knew the answer to THIS question if not to the others. But she refused to admit it. No. I did not do anything wrong. It was his fault then to. He had no right to demand THAT from me. He should not have forced me. FORCED? 

Her rational mind echoed. When did he force her? No. He had forced me then. He assumed it wrong. But what if she had made an error in the letter? No. She had not made any mistake. Okay. Maybe something went wrong somewhere. But what? Moti had personally delivered it to him. He did not assume it. He purposely did it to satisfy his animal faculties.

No. This was all wrong. He couldn't be like this. No. He is like this. She had misunderstood. No. She hadn't.

NOOO!! She had. NOOO!!!!!! She had not. NOOO!! Yes!!!!!!!! No. Yes!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 5(A) - Page 17

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/110878795           

Hope you liked it. If you do, please Like and comment. πŸ˜Š

PS: If you want a PM, please send me a Buddy request. I send PMs to all my friends.πŸ˜›

Edited by najma123 - 9 years ago
Devilicious_ME thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
when ru going to update 😊
Pals2411 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good update NajmaπŸ˜ƒ...They are two both confused souls and the reason for this is their ego and their non-communicative stance...But irrespective of what their current feelings are for each other, they ensure that the other is safe from all harm/shame/disgrace (especially from people other than them)πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† ...Peculiar Jodi hai hamare AkdhaπŸ˜†...Waiting for the next update buddy...Do PM

Edited by Pals2411 - 9 years ago
rishbala3018 thumbnail
Res
Unres
Poor Jo she is sooo confused! They r both confused and angry at eathother!!
Very nice update, continue soon!Edited by rishbala3018 - 9 years ago
ppluvkuch thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
very nice dear...loved it...keep rocking...waise next update kab milega???
SARA4444 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amazing chapter 
love the story
& the next update is NOT going to be the last update
update soon πŸ˜ƒ
rishbala3018 thumbnail
I unresd my comment...look up!!Edited by rishbala3018 - 9 years ago
PBDcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ohhh ...Najma  ... najma ... najma πŸ€— ... thank u soo soo sooo very much for the classic update n a very big thank u for dedicating this chapter to all of us ... it was so thoughtful of u my dear ... btw coming to the update ... this was another master piece update by u ... loved the roller coaster emotions of jodha ... her whirlpool of thoughts ... gosh beautifully penned ...
absolutely stunning update ...πŸ‘ ... I hoped it was a bit longer πŸ˜† ... but no worries ... I shall desperately wait for the next update ...
sw123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome update πŸ‘πŸΌ
pls don't end it with next update
update soon πŸ˜†