Yuvraj, Priya gear up for Jeete

ashi_mania thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

By A.L. Chougule

With Jeete Hain Jiske Liiye all set for a 20-year generation leap, the show will have two new actors playing protagonist Renuka Shahane's twins, Ayesha and Rahul. The two actors who will play the new generation leads in the show are Priya Wal and Yuvraj Malhotra. While Priya, Anvesha of Remix fame, is a fairly well-known face on television and is making her comeback after a one-year break, Yuvraj who has done a number of ad commercials, ramp shows and music videos is making his debut on TV.

Priya stayed away from TV for almost two years. During her sabbatical she traveled a lot, holidayed, played lot of tennis and did some episodic work in shows like CID, Lucky, Yes Boss and Ek Chhabhi. "It was a nice break for me and I enjoyed my holidays in Sikkim, Ooty and Delhi. Whenever I was in Mumbai I also went for weekend holidays at nearby places like Karjat and Kashed and also explored Mumbai city," says the Delhi girl who came to Mumbai three years ago to work in Remix. The former state level tennis player who never thought of acting on TV, instead preferred modelling, was keen on scriptwriting and direction. "Tennis was out because making a living from sports in India is very difficult. Modelling seemed promising," says Priya who however, fell for acting when the Remix role came her way.

"It was a very good role of a rebel rock star that came from a broken family," says Priya who plays a thorough spoilt brat in Jeete Hain. "Ayesha is a rich girl who grew up without her mother. In many ways she is today's girl, quite headstrong and wants to pursue her dream. On the other hand, Anvesha of Remix had lot of issues with her mother and broke rules and turned things upside down. But Ayesha is more feminine and loves her family."

Ask her whether Jeete Hain is the kind of show she was looking for to make her comeback and she nods positively. "It's a good show. Thankfully it's not the usual joint family drama. I didn't want to do run-of-the-mill dailies. Jeete Hain may not the be best show I was looking for but it's good and different" she reasons. "Besides it's a lead role," she justifies.

Yuvraj is also gung-ho about his debut show. Like his twin sister in the serial he too is a Delhite who came to Mumbai two years ago for his dream job, acting. though he is a qualified interior designer. He claims acting is in his blood. "My father Ashok Malhotra was a stage actor who did theatre with the likes of Raj Babbar and Satish Kaushik before they came to Mumbai to work in films. He was supposed to do Fauji which was Shah Rukh Khan's debut serial. But because of a problem my father had to quit acting and join the family business. Now I am carrying forward his acting legacy," says Yuvraj who did a lot of theatre during his school and college days.  

In the last two years Yuvraj says he was offered several roles in serials. "But nothing really excited me. I was looking for a role that would go with my personality. Rahul of Jeete Hain is definitely a character that I am quite comfortable doing. He has an urban look and also has lot of attitude," smiles the young actor. Taking further about his character he says Rahul is a rich guy who loves to party a lot. "Money and a lot of pampering have spoilt him," says Yuvraj who is hoping for a perfect debut and expecting to make his presence felt on television.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bastereliye thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
hey thanks! 😃 nice to know ur a Priya fan ! she is a terrific actor now that i've seen her in JHJL. i heard about Remix but never saw it which i really wanted to watch cause those shows were youngster type which i used to watch in India and feel all homely and friendly 😊