Thanks dear! Will update soon...
nividances thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ZenerDiode

loved this title and awesome ff. pl continue 

Thank you! Glad you liked the story so far ðŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail

Thanks so much for the wonderful response for this FF! Seeing all the comments and likes is truly amazing...never thought that you guys would actually like my writing. Here's the next chapter! Hope you like it!

Chapter 11

February 1, 2014. 10:00 pm. Garg House.

Rachna has just come back into the house after her conversation with Raj. She is about to walk into the living room when someone suddenly pulls her to the side. Rachna is about to scream when she realizes that it is Gunjan.

"Gunjan! What were you thinking? You scared me so much!"

"Ok I'm sorry! But where were you going? Why are you going to sit with all the adults? Come, let's go back up to the roof...besides dadi is having tea so Kabir is not leaving any time soon. And we still have to finish what we started earlier." Gunjan winks.

Rachna looks at Gunjan confused. "What we started earlier? What?"

"Uff Rachna, it was your turn in the game and you conveniently avoided it! Come one, I'm not going to listen to you at all...let's go!"

Gunjan forcibly makes Rachna come with her to the roof where they find Mayank and Kabir already seated around a little bonfire.

Kabir glances up at Rachna while Rachna takes a seat beside him and Gunjan sits next to Mayank.

Gunjan: "Ok Rachna, now you have to answer the question that Kabir asked you earlier. Who would you like to go on a date with? Do you have a crush on someone?" Gunjan giggles.

Kabir notices that Rachna is a bit disturbed and uncomfortable.

Kabir: "Gunjan, you're too much...let's do something else. Truth or dare is a boring game anyways. Put some music on."

Rachna is relieved to hear Kabir say this. She looks into Kabir's eyes and thanks him silently. Looking at Rachna, Kabir also understands her feelings and he smiles back at her gently.

Mayank, Gunjan, Kabir, and Rachna sit on the roof, listening to music and enjoying the warmth of the bonfire, for a little bit longer and then they all go back downstairs.

As the four of them come downstairs and enter the living room, Kabir notices a little package in dadi's hand. He runs into the room and quickly asks dadi to come with him.

"Dadi, please come here for a minute, I have to talk to you about something."
"Yeah Nanhe beta, what do you have to talk about?" Kabir takes dadi off to the side.

"Dadi please, give me this box. Don't bring this topic up right now."
"What are you saying? I sent you to Mumbai for this only! And now you are telling me not to bring this topic up. What is it beta?"
"Dadi I can't say anything right now. I'll explain everything once we go home but please, for now just give this box to me."

Dadi reluctantly gives the box to Kabir and the two of them return back into the living room.

Seema: "What happened mausi ji? Is everything ok?"

"Nothing aunty, it's time for dadi's medicine so I was just reminding her. Anyways, I think we should go now...it's quite late. Thank you so much for the dinner...the food was just wonderful."

Dayal: "One minute Kabir beta. I want to tell you something."

Kabir looks a little bit confused and scared at hearing Dayal's words. He remember's how Dayal had scolded him earlier.

"Kabir beta, I want to apologize to you for my behavior in the past few days. I should not have yelled at you like that. It's just that Rachna is my little princess and I get worried if she even gets a scratch in her. So when I saw that Rachna was hurt that day, I was very scared and I just unnecessarily took out my anger on you. Please, forgive me beta." Dayal folds his hands in front of Kabir.

Kabir holds Dayal's hands. "No no uncle. What are you doing? It's ok, please don't apologize. It was my fault so I should be apologizing. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused. It's only your good heartedness that you forgave me so easily. Thank you for that."
Hearing this, Dayal smiles and hugs Kabir. "I really misunderstood you Kabir beta. It's good that Rachna made me realize how good of a person you really are. You really are her best friend beta."

Kabir smiles and glances towards Rachna. He distantly says "Yeah uncle, she's really my best friend..."

After saying bye to the entire Garg family, Kabir and dadi come back to their own house. Kabir is about to go up to his own room when dadi stops him.

"Nanhe, come sit here. And tell me why you stopped me earlier."
Kabir takes the box out from his pocket and puts it onto the table.

"Dadi, if you had gifted what's in this box to Rachna today I might have lost her forever."

Dadi looks confused. "What? What are you saying? Tell me clearly."

Kabir remembers the events from a few days back.

******Flashback********

Kabir and dadi are sitting at the dining table having breakfast when dadi initiates the conversation.

"So Nanhe, when are you proposing to Rachna?"

Kabir gets surprised hearing this from dadi and begins to cough as he is choking on his food. Dadi gives him some water and Kabir stops coughing after taking a sip.

"Dadi! What are you saying? Why would I propose to Rachna? She is just my friend."
"Really, so now you will try to hide this from me. Nanhe, I'm your dadi...you think that I don't know your feelings for Rachna? You have been in love with her since your childhood. For the past 15 years you have thought only about her. Is that how you feel about all your friends? I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen you sleep with Rohit or Nikhil's photo under your pillow...they are also your friends right? Then why do you sleep with Rachna's childhood picture under your pillow?"

Kabir blushes. "Dadi, it's not like that. It's just..."

"Nanhe that's enough, I'm not going to listen to you at all. I have made my decision, if anyone is going to be the bahu of this house it will be Rachna...no one else. "

"Dadi how can you decide that? I mean even if I did love Rachna, which I don't by the way, what is the guarantee that she loves me?"

"Paagal...she loves you more than anyone else in this world! I have seen the love for you in her eyes every time she comes over to our house. Why don't you see the love that I have seen?"

Kabir blushes and looks down. "Dadi, you're too much...you think anything. I'm sure it's nothing like that."

Dadi comfortingly holds Kabir's hand. "Nanhe beta, you love her...accept this truth. You share things with her that you don't even share with me. I have seen you both working together and laughing together. Your friendship is your love. In the past 15 years when you were away from Rachna I saw only loneliness, sadness, and emptiness in your eyes even though you were surrounded by your friends. But in these past few weeks since we have come back to Benaras, it's like your life and happiness have returned. Please Kabir, you should never hide your love...you should express your love to her."

Kabir silently looks at dadi, pondering over everything that she has just said. He remembers the moments that he has spent with Rachna in their childhood and over the past few weeks.

Dadi interrupts Kabir's thoughts: "Nanhe I don't want to listen to any of your excuses. I have already booked your ticket for Mumbai. Your flight is in the afternoon so be ready on time."

"And why am I going to Mumbai so suddenly?"
"I have put away some jewelry in a bank locker there, you have to go and get it so I can gift it to Rachna when you propose to her."

Kabir is amazed at dadi's planning. But he smiles and agrees with her.

*******Flashback ends***********

"Nanhe...Nanhe beta what are you thinking about? Tell me why you didn't propose to Rachna today"

Kabir sighs. "Dadi, I'm just not ready. I need some more time..."

Dadi becomes sad hearing this. Kabir notices so he goes closer to her and puts his head on her lap.

"Dadi, I'm sorry that I disappointed you today. But please I just need some more time. I have met Rachna after so many years...I just want to spend some more time with her. I just want to get to know her some more. I love her but I have to find out for sure if she also loves me After what I saw today between her and Raj..."

Kabir slowly tells dadi everything that he saw and heard from Raj and Rachna's conversation.

"Dadi, Raj has loved Rachna for so many years, since they were in college. But Rachna only sees him as a friend and because of this she turned Raj down. He must be so heartbroken. What if Rachna also sees me as just a friend...I can't risk our friendship dadi. I can't lose my best friend. I will happily give my love the name of friendship if it means that I can have Rachna in my life, but I can't afford to give our friendship the name of love if it means that I might lose her."

A teardrop falls on Kabir's face and he realizes that dadi is crying. He gets up from her lap, wipes her tears, and hugs her.

"Nanhe, maybe you are right...I guess I just got overly excited at seeing you so happy after so many years and in that excitement I asked you to do all this. I'm sorry beta."

"Dadi, why are you saying sorry? Don't be sorry...it's only because of you that I realized my true love. And you have always taught me that true love always succeeds...so if my love is true then it will surely win."

Hearing this dadi smiles and hugs Kabir.

Precap: Mayank gets a letter in the mail and is shocked when he reads it.

So how was it guys? How do you like dadi becoming cupid for Rabir? What do you think will be in the letter that will shock Mayank? All likes, comments, predictions, and criticisms welcome! ðŸ˜Š

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
Kikidramagirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Here I was waiting for you to update it 😊 Awww kabir wanted to propose and poor him ðŸ˜­ I loved him with dayal. He finally forgave him. Maybe he won't be against...just maybe...I wonder what the letter is 
DiVirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome update! Curious to know what the letter is about! Love the convo btw kabir and daddy!
sidholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow!!! was waiting 4 the update!! so nice n so cute!!Can't wait 2 c what is in the letter!!! Update soon 
Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update. pl update it 
RabirLover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome update!!!!! pweez continue sooon...!
SUMESHNI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Read all the chapters so far 
Wow they are awesome 
Plz continue soon 
Plz pm me