Shiv Sena angry with SRK - Post All Articles HERE - Page 54

Created

Last reply

Replies

784

Views

37.5k

Users

87

Likes

722

Frequent Posters

qwertyfied thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
majha naam Shah Rukh Khan aahe (my name is Shah Rukh Khan), I know gati rodhak poode aahe, because I read it on the roads,


aww..good try SRK. But its, majha naav not naam.😳 the Gati rodhak one is correct,though (gati rodhak poode aahe=speed breaker ahead). 😆
But yes, ppl mostly learn the language of the place 1.if they are born there as we have it as a compulsory 3rd language in school or 2. if u interact with the req'd language ppl, which I think SRK has no need to, since, he doesnt visit the market or talk to the kaamwali bai😆.

Also, as a Maharashtrian...I would like to say that Shiv-Sena/MNS need to lay off, Mumbai is what it is today due to ppl from diff. parts of the India. If Mumbai was only full of Maharashtrians na..we'd still be like Kolhapur. (No offense to ppl from Kolhapur...if there are any😳)
135923 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Usually when politicians are asked questions regarding their actions they come up with the most unconvincing and evasive answers, but Srk spoke with clarity and answered all the questions to the point. I dont think he has anything to hide.. and you can clearly see that by his conviction in this issue. Btw I loved the conspiracy theory regarding his house being a fort with high walls.. high enough to protect him from anything.. haha!

Edited by adios - 15 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Karan Johar meets police commissioner about My Name is Khan

By Webmaster, 9 February, 2010 -

The stand-off between the Shiv Sena and Shah Rukh Khan may have faded away. But the trouble hasn't ended for SRK's new film, My Name is Khan, scheduled for release on Friday.

The film's director, Karan Johar, met with the Mumbai Police Commissioner to discuss his concern that cinemas are not selling tickets for the film yet - there are no advance bookings. Representatives of the film's distributor, FOX Searchlight, also met along with the owners of some Mumbai multiplexes.

After emerging from the meeting, Karan Johar said he has been assured by the Police Commissioner of full security and the advance bookings have already opened for the film across India. "Everything is on board, the advances opened yesterday and our film is releasing, it is all fine," said Karan.

The Shiv Sena had warned cinema owners not to screen the film. The Sena is upset with SRK for stating that Pakistani cricketers should be allowed to play in the next season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Despite the Sena's threats, Shah Rukh Khan has refused to apologize for his statement. "What should I retract? That I am an Indian?" he asked.

SRK had also said that he has not sought time with either Bal or Uddhav Thackeray of the Shiv Sena to discuss his statement.

Most Bollywood stars have remained silent on the issue. Salman Khan, whose rift with SRK has been acknowledged by both stars, spoke in favour of SRK. Abhishek Bachchan also tweeted on the issue though his father, Amitabh Bachchan, blogged lavish praise on Bal Thackeray last week when the Sena-SRK war was at its peak.

"I never stood up for anybody," Shahrukh said, adding that "nobody in Bollywood is a coward" and that everyone in Bollywood "is vulnerable.

http://filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=13608

..
Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Shiv Sena activists target Shah Rukh Khan's film

Mumbai: The Shiv Sena activists today held demonstrations outside theatres in eastern suburbs against Shah Rukh Khan's upcoming film 'My Name Is Khan', prompting the police to arrest 46 troublemakers.

In Mulund, the glasses of Mehul cinema were broken after one of the protesters pelted stones, police said adding that several gathered outside Huma Cinema at Kanjurmarg and R-City Mall in Ghatkopar, shouting slogans against Khan and the movie, scheduled to be released on February 12.

"We have arrested 46 Shiv Sena activists protesting outside the theatres. More arrests are likely," additional police commissioner (East) Ritesh Kumar told PTI. The protesters threatened the theatre owners to stop the advance bookings or face the severe consequences.

The Sena activists were booked for unlawful assembly, rioting and further probe was on, police said.

The Sena had threatened to stall the screening of the film, protesting Khan's support for inclusion of Pakistani players in the upcoming IPL but party supremo Bal Thackeray later said that the film's release will not be disrupted.

Earlier today, Karan Johar, director and co-producer of film, met City police commissioner D Sivanandhan to discuss the security issues ahead of the movie's release.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_shiv-sena-activists-target-shah-rukh-khan-s-film_1345436
DNA
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 15:08 IST




Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Shiv Sena attacks Mumbai cinema hall

By: A Correspondent / Agencies Date: 2010-02-09 Place: Mumbai






Sena activists attacked a cinema hall in Mulund to protest against Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'My Name Is Khan'.

Despite assurance by Mumbai Police D Sivanandan of full police security to ensure peaceful release of Karan Johar's upcoming film, Mehul Cinema hall in Mulund was attacked by Shiv Sena activists.

At 12 pm, Tuesday about 15 Sena activists broke the gate of Mehul Cinema and damaged property inside the cinema hall. The Sainiks also tore posters of Shah Rukh Khan.

According to Sushant Rane, of Mehul Cinema, "The activists damaged cinema hall property. Our manager Pramod Madhavi has gone to Mulund police station to file a complaint."

Mulund police said that the Sena activist are on run after vandalising the cinema hall and a complaint has been registered against them.

Earlier in the day, fearing a backlash by Shiv Sena workers, film director Karan Johar, distributors and exhibitors today met Police Commissioner D Sivanandan seeking personal assurance.

The commissioner gave him an assurance that his movie "My Name Is Khan" will release in the financial capital without any disruption.

"Their concern was that there are some political parties suggesting that the film be banned or not be released.

"Adequate security personnel will be deployed at theatres where the film will be screened in the city. We have assured full protection to the distributors, exhibitors and to film maker Karan Johar," Joint Commissioner of Police Himanshu Roy said.

They told us that they have received some calls (threatening) in this regard," Roy said. "Security to some people might be provided," he said refusing to divulge the names of those who would be given special protection.

If required viewers may be asked to produce their identity cards before entering the theatres, Roy said adding that a final call in this regard will be taken later.


http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/feb/090210-sena-attack-my-name-is-khan.htm

-
Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Opinion

The Hero And The Villains

Overnight the Shiv Sainiks have succeeded in making the not so macho

Shahrukh a real life hero. In the land of little children who attend public schools in New Delhi, the Thackerays are the bad guys, the evil villains.

Saba Naqvi

My 11-year-old kid daughter loves Shahrukh Khan. I have always thought of him as an Indian caricature of Peter Pan who overacts and hams but makes many child-friendly movies. My more earnest/ideological friends and relatives grumble that Shahrukh inhabits a no-man's bubble gum land on celluloid and has played a role in divesting movies of all social context. I say, hey, get a life! Movies are for fun and there are others who make gritty realistic movies (that are no fun for kids). My own sociological research of tiny tots at birthday parties has led me to conclude that little girls in particular are die-hard Shahrukh fans because most of his films are free of violence and even the romance is so unrealistic that it could be straight out of a fairy tale. Little boys on the other hand are often fans of action heroes like Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan (must be the muscles).

But overnight the Shiv Sainiks have succeeded in making the not so macho Shahrukh a real life hero. Given the record of the film industry in kowtowing to the Thackerays, I think Shahrukh has shown real nerve in not doing so. It is also so patently obvious that he was targeted because of his Muslim identity and that should make all our heads hang in shame. Years ago when Hrithik Roshan exploded on the scene and was being touted as the successor to Shahrukh I remember being sent an article written in some rag about the "Hindu actor finally defeating the Muslim heroes who were all propped up by the Muslim underworld." I would like to believe that Shahrukh has stood his ground (unlike the great Amitabh Bachchan and even his best buddy Karan Johar who have all supplicated before Bal Thackeray) because he knows that he is not being targeted for what he said but because of his religious identity. By holding his head high and refusing to blink, he's certainly won this round.

I have no idea how his new film will turn out. Occasionally, due to the great enthusiasm of my daughter, I've sat through some of the chat shows hosted by the Shahrukh buddies, Farah Khan and Karan Johar and had quite a laugh. They seem a bunch adept at self depreciating humour. They seem the kind of people who would and do make escapist movies. So when I read that Shahrukh and Karan Johar have teamed up to make a movie that operates within a certain social-political milieu and even attempts a realistic portrayal of a neurological disorder, I was disappointed for all the kiddie fans the actor has. Lately however, the little ones have taken to watching the news and reading the papers, to follow what is happening to their hero.

And it is an education of sorts when children start to learn about prejudice and ask questions like, "Do they hate only Shahrukh or all Muslims?" My daughter recently heard this story about an incident in another school. One boy kicked the tiffin of a Muslim boy and said, "Why don't you animals eat meat at home and not carry it to school?" I tried to explain that what was happening in Mumbai was not just about such things but about people from outside settling in the city. She understood that people in Mumbai may not want Pakistanis to enter the city because of 26/11 but why Indians from other states? I explained that it was a very small group who did such things but the whole city gets a bad name.

A child's curiosity has no end. But I gather that in the land of little children who attend public schools in New Delhi, the Thackerays are the bad guys, the evil villains.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?264178

..
Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Sena breaks promise, hits Mumbai theatres

Agencies

Published on Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 15:24, Updated on Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 18:49 in India section

Mumbai: The Shiv Sena has broken its word. The party's workers on Tuesday attacked two theatres in Mumbai that will screen actor Shah Rukh Khan's new movie My Name is Khan.

Shiv Sena workers attacked and damaged the booking windows of the Mehul Theatre in western suburb of Mulund. Another group of party workers targeted the Shreyas theatre in Ghatkopar.

Groups of Sena activists were also seen protesting and shouting slogans in Kanjurmarg, Bandra, Khar and other parts of the city after police promised tough measures to prevent any untoward incident during the release of the film directed by Karan Johan and also starring Kajol.

As many as 12 Sena activists were arrested from Mulund, and 24 were detained in Ghatkopar and Kanjurmarg in connection with the protests.

Earlier in the afternoon, director Karan Johar had called on Police Commissioner D Shivanandhan and returned satisfied by the police security promised for the movie.

Joint Police Commissioner (Law and Order) Himanshu Roy said anybody attempting to disrupt the film in any manner would be dealt with "very firmly".

"We shall also frisk and search suspicious persons coming to view the movie to prevent any untoward incidents inside the cinema auditorium," Roy told a news conference.

The Sena violence came a few days after the party had unofficially dissociated itself from banning the movie release in the city.

Khan has refused to apologise for saying that Pakistani cricketers should have been included in the Indian Premier League tournament but he has also sought to close the issue with the Sena.

"I very, very clearly want to say there is no reason to apologise, it's just a big fuss. I think it would be nice if everything went off peacefully without anyone having to lose their self respect or the ideology for that matter," he told CNN-IBN in an interview.

(With IANS and PTI)

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/sena-breaks-promise-hits-mumbai-theatres/109886-3.html?from=tn

..
Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Mumbai Advance booking has slowed down and some theater in mumbai isn't showing any advance booking.
Zareena thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

K-Jo seeks police protection for 'MNIK'

Press Trust Of India

Published on Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 12:58 in Entertainment section

Read Comment | Post Comment


Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar has been assured by Mumbai Police Commissioner D Sivanandan that his upcoming film My Name is Khan will have "full protection" ahead of its release on February 12.

The Shah Rukh Khan starrer faces threat from Shiv Sena after the party took objection to actor's comments supporting the inclusion of Pakistani players in IPL.

"We came here with the exhibitors to get a personal assurance from the police. Everything is on board and we will be releasing the film on February 12. Advances opened yesterday and continue to open today," the 37-year-old filmmaker told reporters after a meeting with Sivanandan. Johar met the police chief along with film's distributor, FOX Searchlight and multiplex owners.

"We have an assurance from Sivanandan saheb that we will have full protection at all places and locations. There is no issue and it's all fine. Advances open, our film is releasing, it's all good," he added.

Johar, who has co-produced the film with Khan, refused to comment when asked whether he had a meeting with Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.

"We would just like to talk about the release of the film," Johar said.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/kjo-seeks-police-protection-for-mnik/109879-8.html
crazy fanatic thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
WTF?! Didn't the Shiv Sena say they were NOT going to oppose the movie anymore? Oh I know what they're doing. When SRK came back, they silenced everything and now that he's leaving town again...they're back with violence...so that come Thursday, SRK and KJo have nothing else to do but apologise.

Someone please shoot these freaks.

Related Topics

Bollywood Thumbnail

Posted by: MiVida_Messi

5 months ago

SRK fan leaked Sikandar, Salman fans vowed to not see SRK films

Apparently SRK fan called Ram Sharma leaked the movie online https://x.com/salmanicarman/status/1906265773946880184?s=46...

https://x.com/salmanicarman/status/1906265773946880184?s=46...
Expand ▼
Bollywood Thumbnail

Posted by: oyebollywood

2 months ago

Jaya Bachchan Angry Again

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/jaya-bachchan-at-it-again-snaps-at-paparazzi-and-calls-them-gande-log_223058

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/jaya-bachchan-at-it-again-snaps-at-paparazzi-and-calls-them-gande-log_223058
Expand ▼
Bollywood Thumbnail

Posted by: BhataktiJawani

4 months ago

Jaya bachchan got angry on a lady😨

Look at the way she grabbed her hand https://www.instagram.com/reel/DIG4wnGNMGo/?igsh=OTFqYW14ZDc2NWl3

Expand ▼
Bollywood Thumbnail

Posted by: oyebollywood

5 months ago

Mannara Chopra Angry On Indigo Airlines

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/mannara-chopra-criticises-an-airline-for-not-letting-her-board-a-flight-netizens-mock-her-behaviour_219678

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/mannara-chopra-criticises-an-airline-for-not-letting-her-board-a-flight-netizens-mock-her-behaviour_219678
Expand ▼
Bollywood Thumbnail

Posted by: oyebollywood

8 months ago

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".