Chennai, Jan 25 (IANS) All the Pongal releases, including the much-awaited Vikram starrer 'Bheema', disappoint big time. However, 'Bheema' tops the Tamil chart this fortnight .
The top five Tamil films are:
1. 'Bheema' - Director: Linguswamy - It was after a gap of two years that a film starring Vikram was released, but what a disappointment it is! The film has only blood, action and more action. But it tops the list, for the moment.
2. 'Kaalai' - Director: Tarun Gopi - As in the case of 'Bheema', Silamabarsan too has a lot of fans and they were eagerly waiting for his movie. But they won't be able to make a hit of this mindless film.
3. 'Pazhani' - Director: Perarasu - Another cliched formula film from Perarasu! It is at number three only because of the curiosity factor during Pongal. The film is destined to flop.
4. 'Billa' - Director Vishnuvardhan - If 'Billa' is still one of the top five films, you can imagine how bad the Pongal releases were!
5. 'Pirivom Sandipom' - Director: Karu Palaniyappan. This Cheran-Sneha starrer is a slow-paced film, so slow that sometimes people tend to sleep or walk out of the theatre. People expected another 'Autograph' from the pair. Alas, it was not to be.ALSO READ: From 'Animal' to 'Joram' to 'Dunki': 5 anticipated films to look forward to in December 2023