Bangalore, Nov 16 (IANS) 'Cheluvina Chiththaara' is at the top in the Kannada audio market and is keeping composer Mano Murthy miles ahead of his competitors.
The top five Kannada albums are:
1. 'Cheluvina Chiththaara' - All the songs of the album, including 'Janumada Gelathi', for which the tune has been borrowed from the original Tamil film 'Kaadal', have become hits. 'Ullasada hoo male', 'Kanas idhu', and 'Iralaaare cheluve' continue to enthral music lovers.
2. 'Krishna' - 'Sathyabhama baramma' and 'Neenu bandha meletthaane' have become the most popular songs and have been set to tune by Hari Krishna.
3. 'Milana' - The sales of the album shot up after the film's box-office fortunes started looking up. Mano Murthy has struck again with his melodious songs 'Ninnindhale ninnidhale', 'Male ninthu hodha mele' and 'Anthu inthu preethi banthu'.
4. 'Ee Bandhana' - Mano Murthy has once again proved to be a melody king in the film starring Vishnuvardhana and Jayaprada. The top song of the album is 'Adhe bhoomi, adhe bhaanu', which has been written by Jayanth Kaikini. 'Chanda ninna chandramukhi' has also become a popular number.
5. 'Chanda' - The film is yet to be released, but the audio is doing brisk business. For the second time, director S. Narayan has composed music. The film grabbed media attention recently because of a standoff between its leading stars Vijay and Narayan. 'Ninnaase Chanda' rendered by Kumar Sanu is the top song of the audio.