Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago

Guys,
All those of you who have seen Aamir, plzz support the film here !

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/966202

Vote for Rajeev yaha pe.....I mean uska naam do....face of the year me !😉

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/966447

Edited by togepe30 - 15 years ago
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

Hi friends,

Watch: Rajeev Khandelwal Abhay Deol Attend Aamir Premiere 😳

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=75CqZDUYLa8[/YOUTUBE]

binidoshi thumbnail
Sorry vandu, i'm a tad late in congratulating u on the new FC...awesome introductory page...hats off..u've done a fab job with all the FC's...am sure this one will rock too

binidoshi thumbnail
Guys, this came in Mid-day today...

Aamir's bubble almost popped

Author: Subhash K Jha Date: 11 Jun 2008
Director pays Rs 8 lakh for Peggy Lee song for his Rs 2 crore film.Talk about indulgence!

For debutant director, Raj Kumar Gupta getting the rights of an American pop song for his film Aamir was a nightmare.

"From the time I heard Peggy Lee sing 'It's A Good Day', I wanted it as the preamble for Aamir. It so ably and ironically defines my protagonist's day and what it eventually does NOT turn out to be, that I was just not willing to let it go."

Chasing a song

Thus began the chase to get the song. "Since Peggy Lee died in 2002, it wasn't easy. We finally tracked it down to the source. The price quoted was far too much for our budget…. We finally had to pay somewhere around 8 lakh rupees. Considering our film's budget was Rs 2 crores that was a fortune for us, specially since we weren't allowed to use the song in our soundtrack," says the nervous director Raj Kumar Gupta.

Incidentally, Imtiaz Ali tried and failed to get the rights for Katrina & The Waves 'Walking On Sunshine' for Jab We Met. The song was initially used in the promos and then dropped from the publicity campaign.

Copyright crises

The struggle to get Peggy Lee's song wasn't the only copyright crisis for Aamir.

"Halfway through the making, someone informed us that Aamir looked suspiciously like Filipino director Neill Dela Llana. I died. We didn't want to take any chances. We immediately got in touch with the makers of Cavite and told them what we were making and asked if we should proceed with our project or scrap it. They were gracious enough to give us an all-clear signal saying two works of art somewhere or the other are bound to resemble one another."

Gupta wiped his brow. "Imagine if a new director's first film got scrapped! My script was ready a good two years before Cavite was released," says the director who assisted Anurag Kashyap on Black Friday and No Smoking before branching out to make the startling Aamir.

Doing the right thing

Bollywood is no longer just stealing films stories and music. They are now doing everything legally and buying rights for the music they want to use, and the filsm they want to remake.

Producer-director Ravi Chopra has acquired the rights to the Joe Pesci starrer My Cousin Vinny and wants to remake it with Govinda as Bandaa Yeh Bindaas Hai.

David Dhawan, after being pulled up for remaking Will Smith's Hitch as Partner, without a by-your-leave has decided to remake The Wedding Crasher after getting proper permission.

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/entertainment/bollywood/art icle?_EXT_5_articleId=1174725&_EXT_5_groupId=14
Daebak thumbnail
I feel soo bad for Rajkumar.......No one is trusting him that he wrote his script 2 years before Cavite released 😕 😭
yazh thumbnail
thanks a lot vandu for all those wonderful articles,
and congrats everyone for having ur questions answered.

So many questions so many answers, he must be immensely patient. 👏

Loved his looks, loved his talk, loved his postures. Didn't he look extremely happy. He must be on cloud nine.
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: binidoshi

Sorry vandu, i'm a tad late in congratulating u on the new FC...awesome introductory page...hats off..u've done a fab job with all the FC's...am sure this one will rock too

Awww thanx ........Im glad u liked the fc....coz i thought this one wasnt good enough.....Im planning to change the page a bit....Feel nahi arahi yaar.....Sumthing is missing....but dunno what

Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: yazh

thanks a lot vandu for all those wonderful articles,
and congrats everyone for having ur questions answered.

So many questions so many answers, he must be immensely patient. 👏

Loved his looks, loved his talk, loved his postures. Didn't he look extremely happy. He must be on cloud nine.

Yup he looked soo happy ! And im soooooo happy 4 him.....!😳....God willing .....may he remain as happy as this forever !😳

umang-e-rajeev thumbnail
@vandu: thanks for all the artical.....becoz of them i can have my piece of sleep.....u r doing brillent job 👏 👏 👏 gett going

@yash: u stole my words 😆 😆 ...ya i was so happy and inpressed by his talking.....he derseve what he is getting.....his hardworks paid very well 😳
Nadia_mt thumbnail

Hi all! Heartiest Congratulations for the new FC
I have seen the promos of Amir on Sony TV
and also in Pakistan 's leading newspaper
The News "Instep" there was a special
Interview oF Rajeev Khandelwal and
his Movie Amir taken by Seema Pherwani.
I cann't type the whole interview but
they have given the link so try this
Indiafm.com hope it works

Edited by Nadia_mt - 15 years ago