Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago

Aamir - Can someone else change your Destiny??

So, An unassuming opening shot…..makes u smile seeing the scene you know so well ,coz u have found yourself in the scene quite often….Either as the actor himself or the person sitting next to the actor………The opening shot will make u chuckle with understanding……..!

After the relaxed first scene, the film suddenly gathers momentum when a person who has just arrived in the country find himself in the midst of utter chaos ,confusion and extreme  terror………A cell phone is thrown into his hands and his whole family's destiny starts being written by a man who's intentions are unknown and untold…! What happens?? Does Aamir succeed?? Kya Ek Admi Apni Kismat Khud Likh Sakta Hai?? The tagline catches u on the rebound and turns into a huge "?" and makes u shudder with the thought that the person could have been "U" for all the goon cares !

What follows is a totally pacy movie…….No hold ups or unnescessary distractions, read that as no dance sequences and no herione…….The film moves swiftly from one scene to other……Making u catch your breath in wonder and amazement……..The dialogues are very common and totally relatable…….Infact you might find one or two dialogues which you have said to someone or someone has said them to you……….This makes you chuckle with familiarity on one side and hits u on the head with the realization of the extreme sense of relatability you hold with the character………Aamir's helpless journey to save his family and his meeting with different people whom he doesn't know and will never know but they have the most important involvement in his and his family's quest for life at the moment  ! The tale makes your heart bleed for the lead protagonist and makes u pray for yourself   " Hume Mehfooz har kadam karna aye Khuda"

Mumbai is shown in its true colour…….U might have seen the metropolitan life of Mumbai in films before……..But here u get a glimpse of the real mumbai.....the slums...the poverty....the actual condition of more than half the people living in the state....U get nausea seeing the scenes but slowly the resentment goes and the reality of the things gets into you and the nausea turns into a full blown hangover……..U are scared to blink ,that u might miss sumthing……..U unknowingly join the protagonist in trying to get out of this mess…….Not coz you have a soft corner for him or even in those dirty environments he looks "Oh sooo Chweet"……..But bcoz ………It is war between common man and undecided forces who are making life difficult on the name of "Qaum"………U have no choice but choose a side…….because the views are soo  strong  that it wrenches your conscience….!

The treatment of the film is Superb…….U can point out the places and guess where the hidden camera's have been used…….A salute to Rajkumar Gupta for the brilliant Direction……..U are gonna be one busy man Mr.Gupta………Just wait till production houses fall over their feet to sign you to direct for them……..An established master of the thriller genre…The camera work is first rate…….An applause for Alphonse Roy…..The background score is a character of the film in itself……..It totally gets us into the thriller mode……Take a bow Amit Trivedi and i must add excellent  n apt music score!

And now…The acting….."A new cast"…….The lead actor has the onus of supporting the full film on his shoulder……He does it and how !! This is a Superlative Performance that will be hard to match for the quite some time now…….And I don't see Harman or Imran standing any chance at the debut awards unless they do something extremely out of the world……..Take bow Mr. Rajeev Khandewal👏……I can see the awards coming your way !😳…..Really,he is the toast of the season😉….! The sincere performance is heart touching and evokes empathy and not sympathy for the character……..Totally in character and in control …….A Pleasure to watch…His eyes convey soo much😳…….U feel you could watch him alone for 2 more hours…….Hell !……Who needs a heroine when u have the hero all to yourself throughout the movie😆…..! Giriraj Rao evokes terror and menace with his performance…..No Gabbar like high-pitched laughter😊…..No self goading….No flashing of power……Though I wish he would eat with some manners…….His style of eating killed my appetite……..hahaha!😆 The characters playing the family of the protagonist is good but forgettable…….U wont remember them,but one feels this is a ploy to reinforce the fact that it's a common face and its like the people you come across on the road and forget….And that it could actually be anyone…

There is a huge debate going on about how it is a copy of Cavite........Arey chodo na yaar.........Enjoy the film and appreciate the hardwork.....Hum baad me sochenge if its a copy or not !

Best Scenes -

I'd luv to point out the best scenes but it'll give away the plot....But yes.........The climax scenes are amazinggggg!!! And soooo well enacted ! They'll take your breath away.....Exceptionally hard hitting !

My Rating : 4/5 (****)😉😆

To see or Not to see :  U don't wanna miss this movie……This is gonna bring a sea of change in the way of directing thrillers….. Be the ones to welcome the catalyst for the change with open arms ! Not to be missed……I dunno about u……Im gonna watch it again and it's a movie worth recommending……Rest assured the person whom u recommended it to ,wont come and whack you on the face for it,rather a pat on the back for recommending a superb film ……! Thats the reason i took the risk of writing the review!😆

P.S. - I dunno about the film.....But my review is very original😆😆....written by only me !😆Dont beat me up saying that its choried !😆

Luv,

Vandu😉

Edited by togepe30 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ezria_Fan_4ever thumbnail
wow, fantastic review 😉
Rajeev Rocks 😳
DREAMY_EYES thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

vandu sabki bandu 😆 .....thanks alot for this wonderful review 👏 😃 ....i'll surely watch the movie!!!!!!! 😳

Edited by DREAMY_EYES - 15 years ago
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: DREAMY_EYES

vandu sabki bandu 😆 .....thanks alot for this wonderful review 👏 😃 ....i'll surely watch the movie!!!!!!! 😳

Hahahaha......Yeah....Sabki bandu.....Isiliye sabko bata rahi hu ki achi film hai .....dekhlo.......Baad me dont complain that bollywood makes crappy films which have no story !😆

the movie is excellent and worth watch , but main reason behined slow opening is that film is released in selected areas only, i don t kno why it has'nt released in whole india
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: amitsharma22

the movie is excellent and worth watch , but main reason behined slow opening is that film is released in selected areas only, i don t kno why it has'nt released in whole india

Yeah....Thats coz of the budget constraints and also non-availability of theatres......All the single screens have been taken up by sarkar raj....!😭

But i heard it might release soon in quite a few other places soon !😛

neha_bbsr2005 thumbnail
Thanks Di for the review 😊 maine review mein kuchh bhi nahi padha sirf last line dekhi 😆 i have not yet watched the film..aapka review padh loongi toh suspense hi nahi rahega 😆 😆 im also waiting to watch the movie 😊
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: neha_bbsr2005

Thanks Di for the review 😊 maine review mein kuchh bhi nahi padha sirf last line dekhi 😆 i have not yet watched the film..aapka review padh loongi toh suspense hi nahi rahega 😆 😆 im also waiting to watch the movie 😊

Neha i have taken care not to reveal the plot of the film at all !!😛

Dont worry.........No Spoilers in my review😳

binidoshi thumbnail
As usual a fab review vandana...truly it's a must watch film..n i sincerely hope this movie does well
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: binidoshi

As usual a fab review vandana...truly it's a must watch film..n i sincerely hope this movie does well

I know....Its such a sincere little film that my heart really goes out to it.....And all of them are debutants....Such an excellent show by debutants is sumthing that should be appreciated !!