Aamir FC - Articles - Pg142-143

Posted: 15 years ago

The Hardwork has been done......The Wait is Over.........Its time to Harvest the Crop now !!

Finally, Aamir released on the celluloid screen on 6th June...! 

Gaining Superb Reviews from all over ,Garnering praise....Critical Acclaim....Loads of Appreciation and Accolades for our Dear Actor.....!

Now its time to Bask in the Glory of  The Appreciation that Aamir is garnering all over....!

Its time to celebrate the "Entry of a New Star in the Galaxy of Bollywood"  with pomp and fair.....!

So now lemme take you through the many moods of our dear Rajeev on the premiere of his film !And his friendz who came to cheer him !

This FC gives you the exclusive sneek peek into the premiere of "Aamir"

Rajeev and Abhay Deol bond at Aamir Premiere

Rajeev and Abhay Deol bond at Aamir Premiere

View Raw Image' jQuery1212786638542="13"> 

Edited by togepe30 - 15 years ago

Promo Of Aamir

Stills from the first promo of the film !!

Stills from the Music Video Shoot !!

Rajeev's E-mails  regarding Aamir

Hi Friends....

Its been a long time....and i missed you all as much or even more, then you did......as you all know the reason for my long absence, i don't feel guilty...

No let me just update you all with the latest on Aamir....as of now just the climax(4days) and london shoot is pending...we had to break the shoot because my cinematographer, Alphonse Roy, had a prior committment in US...he is back on 24th Dec and we start shooting from 26th till 30th in Mumbai and we leave for London in the first week of Jan...

I have had a great time shooting for Aamir...everyone loved me and i felt like the fav 'boy' in the unit...Alphonse is a great technician and is now a great friend of mine...very few can shoot the way he has shot the film...but along with the challenges of shooting he had another challenge on his personal front....his daughter and i are having this 'Chini Kum' affair and Alphonse can't seem to stop us....

Shooting Aamir wasn't easy...u will get to see that in 'the making of Aamir'...we all have worked like crazy trying to get everything right...My director RajKumar has put in his best...the assistant directors Neil, Devaanka, Anubhuti, Nitin, Ajay have worked really really hard...poor guys used to get a lot of scolding too from RajKumar...but they all miss being on the sets as much as i do....

Let me tell all of you that the film has some music(so u see, its not all that dry)...and my instincts say that you all will love all the numbers....

The trailors of the film come out with Jodha Akbar(end of jan release)....and the film finally comes out in march/april...who doesn't like his/baby? i may be biased but i hope it is a treat to watch in  the cinema halls....

This is the first time i have spoken in length about Aamir...haven't even spoken to the press till date...and i m so happy about it....

Love and regards

Rajeev

Hi Friends

Bored and tired of waiting? Well, I must say that all of you have incredible patience!!! This period  from august was very challenging for me too. I don't think I could have kept my spirits so high if your unflinching support and love had not trickled in all the time. I shall always be indebted to you (I have stopped wondering what makes you all so 'giving' when it comes to me)

Let me inform you all about the latest on Aamir front. To begin with, the music of Aamir has been bought by Sony BMG. Initially, UTV had decided to retain the rights of the music but finally gave in to the offer made by Sony. Now, since the music is getting released pretty soon, the music company wanted the release date to be pushed further so that they do justice with the music. I am shooting one video today and another one tomorrow and day after (yes, two videos). You will get to see them from 12th may onwards (my guess). The release date of Aamir has been pushed to 6th june.

Let me also inform you that Aamir has had a few screenings for eminent people from Bollywood like Mr Santosh Sivan, Mrs Hema Malini, Ms Tabu, Mr Renzil de Souza (writer of Rang De Basanti) Mr Navdeep Sahni(Manorma six feet), Mr Irfaan Khan, Mr Tigmanshu Dhulia, Radio Mirchi  and MTV guys. The reaction of everyone has been synonymous – 'wonderful'. Many others are slated to watch the film this week.

Aamir is a classic example of what can happen, if a group of passionate people decide to do something with one objective. It's a film that has a first time director, first time actor, first time music director, first time producer (though it is under UTV umbrella, Aamir is UTVspotboy's first film), and first time cinematographer. It is true that every one had sound knowledge of their job except me, but it was still everyone's first full length feature film. Only one thing united all of us - the 'script'. We had only one common dream – 'make a good film'. The director is from Ranchi,producer from Delhi, music director from Mumbai, cinematographer from Chennai and the actor from jaipur. Can their be a better example of secularism???!!!(Though everyone lives in Mumbai now except the cinematographer)
So, the obvious question would be that did we achieve what we had set out for? Well, we are all very happy and proud of Aamir. We could have done better but I guess this craving for betterment will never die.

Now most importantly, whatever is good for me or for us may not be good for you guys. A good film for me may just be average for you. So do not make any opinion about the film till you don't see it. I was tempted to share my feelings because I thought I owe it to you.

Success at box office is important and I would surely be disappointed if Aamir doesn't do well. But I will not give up or breakdown if the outcome is not pleasant. Since, we are humans we can fail in our endeavor. But no failure can undo the amazing journey we had together as team while making Aamir. I shall always be proud of my decision to choose Aamir as my debut film.

My second film with UTVspotboy is almost ready(scripting front). We start shooting for it immediately after monsoons. Shall reveal more details when I am allowed to. All I can say is that it is a beautiful love story to be shot very stylishly.

To end this really long note let me thank all of you once again for your love and blessings. As I always say, my battle is to feel deserving of whatever I get in life so I know I have to work really hard. I would consider myself lucky if I could bring smile on your faces, every time we interact, every time you see me. I may or may not stay in touch constantly but my heartfelt gratitude will always flow towards you constantly.

Love life and love yourself. Lets spread as many smiles as possible before our tenure on earth gets over!

Love
Rajeev

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Articles Related to Aamir(The Film) and Rajeev

INTERVIEW
'There is no formula for success'

TV actor Rajeev Khandelwal, talks to Swati R Chaudhary about his debut film Aamir, a psychological thriller

How would you describe your debut film Aamir?

Rajeev Khandelwal
Rajeev Khandelwal

Aamir is a complete Bollywood commercial thriller. It is not one of those run-of-the-mill thrillers. You would be forced to think. It's a battle of ideologies. It's a psychological thriller. There are no superstars, larger than life locations or supporting cast to sell the film. Aamir is the story of an average middle class Indian.

What is your role in the film?

The film is about the problems average Indians face. It's the story of Aamir Ali who lands in Mumbai and is oblivious to the trap that is awaiting him. He is sucked deeper and deeper into it but eventually fights his way out. Aamir is an ordinary guy caught in extraordinary circumstances. He is no hero but becomes a hero.

How did Aamir happen?

After I quit my last television show, Left Right Left, I was offered Aamir. The script completely floored me. I think I was born to play Aamir. I have more than 25 bound scripts with me none of them excited me enough. I was not asked for any auditions or screen tests. Anurag Kashyap and his team showed a lot of confidence.

Chor bazaar, Nagpada, Crawford market, mutton market'85Why was the film shot at such congested locations?

The film is very real in terms of story telling. There are no larger than life portrayals in Aamir. To make it authentic, it was important for the film to be shot realistically. Mumbai is an integral part of the story line.

A first-time director (Rajkumar Gupta), no heroine, no item numbers, no exotic locales'85Why this chancy debut?

There is only one item in the film and that's me. (Laughs). My first film has to leave an impact and prove that I can deliver as an actor. Being an outsider, I knew no one would launch me in a Rs 35-cr magnum opus. Nobody would make a Saawariya with me. I know I have to make it on my own. As far as making a romantic, conventional debut is concerned, tell me which is the safest debut? There is no fixed formula to success. How many actors, who have made a romantic debut, have managed to stay back? There is no way to device a safe launch vehicle.

In retrospective, what do you feel about your decision of quitting television?

I was unhappy with the way things were happening. I am not much bothered about the zeroes on my paychecks than the script. Television was becoming mundane and unexciting. Besides, when is the right time to quit? When the show shuts down or people get bored of the show? The love and adulation is tempting but I believe you should leave things when you're at the helm of it. It takes a lot to detach and walk away at that peak time. But I have always believed in my decisions. It was difficult for me to walk out on the streets with everyone looking at me, smiling, blowing kisses especially when I knew I wasn't doing anything in the show (Kahinn to Hoga). I was doing something that was making absolutely no sense to me. That's when I decided to quit. I thought I wasn't worthy of all that adulation. I had to deliver. So I chose to walk out.

Any big banners or production houses lining up?

Big banners like YRF and Karan Johar haven't approached me. But some people who make a difference to the industry have approached me. I am just holding myself back. I am just doing another romantic film with UTV presently. I won't sign any more films until Aamir releases. I want people to see my work first.

Do people connect to you as 'Sujal' or Rajeev Khandelwal?

I am recognised more as Rajeev Khandelwal though Sujal is an intrinsic part of my life. When I walk out today, there are a lot of women who call me Sujal. There are plenty of people who call me Capt. Rajveer Shekhawat from Left Right Left. I feel very humbled. It's amazing feeling because every time someone walks up to me, I feel that they have decided to give me a couple of minutes out of their lives without expecting anything in return so the least I can do is make them feel special.

Apart from acting, what else are you passionate about?

I am passionate about life. I like cooking and love outdoor sports like mountaineering and river rafting. I like meeting people. My nariyal pani wala and the girl living down the slums are the most interesting people in my life. Whenever I return her smile, she blushes which makes me happy.

Your final take on Aamir?

I am proud of Aamir. I was destined to play Aamir. It had to happen to me. As far as the box office success of the film is concerned, I can't anything about it. β€” TWF

lnk http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080517/saturday/main2.htm

When Aamir landed in a lockup
16 May, 2008 07:15 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

UTV Spotboy's Aamir has been shot in real locations across Mumbai... while shooting the climax of the film at Nana Chowk in Mumbai the unit faced a huge problem... Since the film was being shot with hidden cameras, most people in the area were not aware that Rajeev Khandewal was shooting in the area. When they realized that it was indeed television's Sujal in their area, Rajeev's fans started mobbing him on the road.

With the production trying best to control the scenario, the scene became worse in sometime and people refused to move from the roads causing a huge traffic jam for over 3 hours. Since there was a police station very close by, the police requested the entire unit to wait inside the station for them to be able to clear the traffic... as it was evening time and the jam would become a larger issue for people traveling back from town to suburbs.

So the entire unit including director Rajkumar Gupta and Rajeev came to the police station and had to wait for the situation to get better... now their only concern was that the station was too small and there was not too much space to wait. So the police came up with an innovative idea and opened the lock up room and requested these guys to rest inside the room.

Only once the traffic jam was cleared after almost an hour and the whole thing died down, did they leave Rajeev and the team from the police station. Rajeev Laughs remembering the incident and says, "Oh yeah, it had become very chaotic there and since the police station was close by they took all of us there...since there was no place we had to wait in the lock up... and I kept telling the director that see now I have for the film, been inside a real lock up and spent the entire afternoon..." πŸ˜†

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

Rajeev's Aamir has to Wait

Rajeev Khandelwal who swept the fairer sex off their feet with his role of the tough and introvert Sujal to become the heartthrob of the nation will have to wait for a while for his debut flick Aamir to hit the big screen. Aamir was slated to release by the end of May but now it is pushed to June 6. The actor has already started receiving rave reviews for the promos of the movie.

Talking about the delay of the movie, Rajeev says, "The release of Aamir is delayed as we are coming up with a song for the movie which would run for at least 15 days before its release. One can term it as a promotional strategy for the movie."

"This is a cult movie and people will find me in a different avatar altogether," adds the hunk.

The movie is about a bomb-blast that takes place in the city and Rajeev tries detecting and decoding it.

Well Rajeev whatever avatar you don all those girls can't wait anymore to see you back on-screen!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------

Aamir the story in Pictures !

Aamir: Story in pictures

Television's most popular actor Rajeev Khandelwal makes his debut in Aamir directed by newcomer Rajkumar Gupta (who assisted Anurag Kashyap in Black Friday and No Smoking).

Aamir is about a London-based doctor who returns to India only to find himself trapped in a political and religious dilemma.

Aamir: Story in pictures

Rajeev is also credited as first assistant director of the movie because of his passion for his work.
Rajeev was totally involved on the sets. He would give a clap himself and say action and then give his shot as shooting in the narrow lanes restricted the number of crew members. Sometimes he would carry a reflector in his hand and do the scene which normally is the work of assistant director.

He also took care of his makeup as the film was shot using hidden cameras so a vanity van was out of the question. He wanted real shots, therefore for continuity's sake, Rajeev would do his make up in a taxi or rickshaw.

Rajeev got on well with everyone, the director said. Whenever the actor was on sets he insisted on eating the same food as the crew. Rajeev even said in an interview once that he did not want special treatment. 'Since every one on Aamir were shooting in those dirty locations, I didn't want any special treatment...'.
The promotional music video of Aamir was at Flora Fountain (a stone fountain situated in Fort business district in the heart of South Mumbai). The song Mehfooz, a Sufi song was shot around noon and attracted a number of women from neighbouring offices, who came to the streets to catch a glimpse of their favourite actor.

On several occasions during the shoot Rajeev had to request his fans to allow them to shoot as the crowd was getting unmanageable.

The tall actor prefers to travel by business class as there is not enough leg space in economy class. He travelled with the whole crew for nine hours from Mumbai to London for the opening shot. Director Rajkumar Gupta explained him why he needs to travel in economy class and now Rajeev feels it was more like a picnic.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------

I like Jaipur's character: Rajeev

Rajeev Khandelwal
Rajeev Khandelwal is all set to make his filmi debut soon and the Jaipur lad can't be happier. It seems Jaipur is equally happy for him. Recently, a rumour saying that he was shooting at Hawa Mahal for Aamir brought half the city there!

Ask him what his debut film is all about and he says, "I have read a number of scripts in the last two years and Aamir is the only script that didn't let me sleep at night. I wasn't prepared for this one and I guess the best things in life are the ones you are not prepared for. It is going to be a great film."

But what made him give up his very successful TV career? "I do work for the masses but when it comes to making a move, it has to be my word. In the TV industry, I couldn't understand the point of dragging a show for years and years? The makers of Kahiin to Hoga were not calling it quits, so I had to. Raj Kapoor had said that the show must go on and I think the TV guys take it too seriously. I think it is the creativity that must go on," explains Rajeev.

The actor who has long been linked to his telly co-star Aamna Sharif claims there is no woman in his life. "I am single. I just don't know why I am single, I guess I am pretty happy the way I am right now. Not that I don't need women in my life. I do and that is just to say that I am pretty straight and normal. But I am not seeing anyone right now. I have just been linked with Aamna and that to because we did a romantic soap together. Since I have no heroine in Aamir, I guess the linking game will not begin for me just now in Bollywood!"

But what kind of Ms Right is he looking for? "I like femininity in a woman, followed by her mindset. She has to have a strong individual character. She should not be dependent on anything and anyone."

And that holds true for his favourite city too – Jaipur. "I was born in Jaipur and my family is still there. My father was in the Army and we used to keep travelling around the country. Whenever he was posted at an out-of-the-way place, we would come back and stay in Jaipur. And all my summer vacations were spent in the Pink City. What I really like about Jaipur is its character."
And what does he mean by that? "It is just so pure and beautiful. When I say character, I mean its colours, its people, its food and its culture." And then he goes on to list a few other attractions... "Rawat's pyaaz ki kachoris, Nahargarh Fort, kulhar mein lassi, Raj Mandir and Choki Dhani. It is a sin to miss any of it."

The actor also loves the way the city has mixed tradition with modernity. "The original Jaipur, with its wide roads and heritage monuments, has beautifully transformed itself into a modern city. If it has forts, it also has malls, if it has temples, there are also BPO hubs... there is so much more to the city now!"
............................................................ ....................

Now June 6 hots up 

By Taran Adarsh, May 20, 2008 - 09:06 IST

Click above for more stills

Multiple releases are the order of the day and the moment IPL concludes, the immediate week - June 6 - will witness a barrage of new films.

SARKAR RAJ was the first to block this date. AAMIR, Rajeev Khandelwal's debut film, was also shifted to this date subsequently. "AAMIR won't get affected by the SARKAR RAJ wave. Our film caters to a different audience," UTV's Siddharth Roy Kapur told me a few days ago.

Kamal Amrohi's grandson Mashhoor Amrohi makes his acting and directorial debut with HUMSEY HAI JAHAAN, also slated for release on June 6. Wait, there's one more film on this date - ZINDAGI TERE NAAM. This film was slated for release on May 30, but has been postponed to June 6 since the music is being launched on May 23 and its makers want to promote its music for at least two weeks before the film hits the marquee.

Bollywood's new star wars

Television star Sujal aka Rajeev Khandelwal will debut with UTV Spotboy's offbeat film Aamir that is being promoted by the banner to every possible extent.

And the most interesting point about this film is that not only its lead actor is making his debut but simultaneously the director, cinematographer, music director, production outfit and every possible person from the crew are a first-timer.

-------------------------------------------

'Aamir is not cashing in on the Jaipur blasts'

Still from Jannat

Why are you so selective about revealing the plot of your film?
Aamir is a cutting edge thriller about a common man who is pushed against the world and asked to do certain things. The crux of the film is whether he gives up or fights back to deal with the circumstances. It's a situation that any one of us can get into unknowingly and how one deals with it. Mine is a compelling, moving and entertaining film that doesn't have any conventional female lead. Since the thriller unfolds with each and every scene, I am reluctant to say anything further. At the most I can say the film is set against the backdrop of terrorism.

Jannat's release date coincided with the IPL matches. Aamir releases just weeks after the Jaipur serial blast. Do you think real-life connections will help your film at the box office?
The release date of my film was decided much before the tragedy struck. Aamir is not cashing in on the Jaipur blasts. No tragedy should be commercially exploited.

Producers are suddenly showing interest in making films on terrorism and the Naxalite movement. Is that because terrorism in India is again rearing its nasty head?
I am not aware of many recent films on terrorism. Of course, there is a herd mentality. But then, that's not Bollywood specific. The moment a certain genre of films is successful, Hollywood too throws up some more films in the same genre. As for terrorism, it has never remained dormant.

You are going on record to say that you weren't aware of Rajeev Khandelwal's previous work when you cast him as the lead. Considering that Rajeev is a popular television star, don't you think such comments can hurt his ego?
Frankly speaking, I have never followed television and hence didn't know about his work. I met him through common friends and interacted with him. Thereafter, he showed me some of his works on the DVD. Rajeev came across as an actor who never carried any baggage of being a television star. He had a lot of respect for the script and all of the technicians.

So, who is the real hero of your film - Rajeev or the script ?
The script. The only reason that my producers gave a break to a newcomer like me who has no filmi connections (I come from Hazaribagh) is because I had a cracking script. Of late, a number of big stars and production houses have released films that have bombed. The reason is that they didn't have a good script.

Do you do your research for a film and write the complete script before approaching your producers?
Yes. I've assisted Anurag Kashyap for Black Friday and No Smoking. And one must be prepared to show a bound script to every producer who wants to read it. A producer might reject a script and there could be chances of portions of one's script being copied by others because one has shown it to some producers. But that's a risk one has to take. Film-making, in any case, is a risky business.

What else did you learn from Anurag Kashyap?
He told me that a film has to be made from the heart. Budgets are no excuses. I can never say that my film would have been better had I got a crore more. Budgets don't decide whether a film is good or not.

'I don't want to take on too many films'
JAYA DRONA

Rajeev Khandelwal will be taking the plunge into Bollywood with Aamir. Not with Aamir Khan, but in a film called Aamir. What caught our attention first was the name of the film. Well, it had no connection with AK, but Rajeev's onscreen character is called Aamir. Another revelation is that this is a heroine-less film. Yes, the oh-soromantic guy of TV is making his debut in a thriller and not in a romantic flick, an attribute that got him all his fame. Rajeev reasons, "It is good to give the audience something they don't expect. And at the end of the day, it's the script that is the winner and not the performer." Is he saying that he doesn't have many expectations from his debut? "Not any, in fact! I don't want people to throng the cinema halls or bring the film a business that runs into many hundred crores. Even if there are ten people in the cinema hall, I wouldn't mind, as I'm sure that they will not go back disappointed. I need to feel good about my

film and I'm doing just that. I don't see things from my audience's point of view," he says.

Having wrapped up the shooting of Aamir, is he neck deep in newer projects already? "Yes, the industry has followed the word of mouth and I'm getting a lot of work. But that's okay because everyone gets a lot of work here," he says. Is that the modest charmer talking? "There are many newcomers in Mumbai and lots of films are being made everyday." But Rajeev says that he wants to play fair. "I don't want to sign five films and safeguard them in my kitty right away. Let me be fair – let people see my work and then decide whether they want me or not," he says.

A chat with Rajeev isn't complete without enquiring about his current love interest. So, whom is he seeing these days? "I see so many of them," comes his reply. When rumour mills stopped grinding tidbits about Aamna and him did they heave a sigh of relief? "There wasn't any sense of relief. I knew these rumours would die out. In fact, Aamna and I are still in touch. I'm the kind of guy who believes in destiny. I know someone's made for me and she'll walk my way soon," he replies.

Member's List -

Vandana(togepe30)

Delo(delo)

Saheli(SAHEISWGM)

Varallika(varallika)

Farheen(starbellz)

Mehrun(anam_mehrun)

Subha (subha2601)

Preeti di (CINDRELLA)

Chandni (Uudee)

Aarthi (aarsow)

Yojana(angelic eyes)

Nida(rajeevthegr88)

Suri(sun_423)

Ranju(ranjitha)

Ritu(rittika)

Souma(Souma.N)

Kiran di (kiran_sherry)

silentlove

Zee(farislove)

Nidhi(nidhi2013)

Neha(rajeev-bigfan)

crazyfanar

yazh

Kiruti

digimon_pokemon

$weet Ema

Vaishu(lrlrocks)

Rabi(cute_rabi)

Sunaina(sunaina02)

Kumuda(KMP14) 

binidoshi

minz~12(Minoo)

Riddhima

Arshie

rlrl

Ruksaar(ruksaar_khan)

Ketki(ket1985)

Mahi(brid)

~~ashi~~

Master_Blaster(Mannu)

Ammu (Amail1610)

rani2310

cherishlove

Umang(ums5)

sweety_rajveer

Rajeev_ki_deewa

Silent_beauty

Neha(RAdabest)

Preru(Prenz~13)

kashishdabest

Cool_Dipti

angel 16

lotus lover

Nishant(lrllover)

Neha_K

Revathy(MURALIDHARAN99)

Madhulika(merry911)

Himani(mad_lovee)

sweet_shagun

kuhu98pihu

muskaan_mht

nram

cute_unknown_fr(Yogitha)

tulika_rajeev

~*~A~*~(Amina)

CRAZEY4NAMAN

I have put up the names of all the people who told me to put their names.......if u want your name here, then PM me !

Hey Rajeevians........

These Siggies are free for Use -

Aamir Avi

Previous Fanclubs

Aamir FC 1 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/863924

Aamir FC 2 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/903956

Aamir FC 3 - https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=944580&T PN=1

hey cogo to all R -ians......AMIR-ians for ur new fcπŸ₯³