Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: togepe30

Lolzz.......I asked him 2 questions and he answered them both !πŸ˜†

Congrats Vandu, he answered me first sab se pehli πŸ˜†, actually he answered many of my questions!!!!!!!!!!!! 😳

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago
rajeevlicious thumbnail
@ zee dii: no thanks for transcript.. I had no clue abt ths chat happening at indiafm..
Me a busybee!
reva_roy thumbnail
no thnx for d chatscript   πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
i was also very busy so iwas not able to come here 😭
😭 Edited by MURALIDHARAN99 - 15 years ago
-skylark- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

hey guys congo 4 chatting wid raj![hope u dint miss rk23 thereπŸ˜†]

i missd sbs coz of school😑,thanx 4 update😳

lrl rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
raj answered my 2 qus yippee πŸ‘ πŸ‘ actully 3 par 3 qus mera nahi tha πŸ˜†

1-vaishali : while doing aamir what's ur best momerable moment?
Rajeev Khandelwal : while shooting a girl from a chawl brought plenty of gifts for me and I could see that she is blown up all her pocket money on someone as ordinary as me ....it really touched me

2-vaishali : will u also direc films and write stories(yeh qus mere nahi tha πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ )

Rajeev Khandelwal:some day i shall surely tell a story which will come out from my pen vaishali

3-whats ur deam role?
Rajeev Khandelwal: my dream role is something that I have not dreamt abt.
Edited by lrl rocks - 15 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Act II nuggets
FOODIE
Rajeev Khandelwal, star of Aamir, reveals the secrets of his dinner bowl.

A framed poster of his film greets us at the entrance of Rajeev Khandelwal's kitchen, which by Mumbai standards is spacious and well lit by natural light. He prepared some tea for all of us while we talked about Aamir, his debut film. Khandelwal, with generous help from his domestic worker, Bhagat, chops veggies and soaks soya granules in hot water.

Is he a foodie, I wonder aloud β€” can a dish with soya granules be exciting? "I am a foodie as far as health food is concerned," he says, dashing hopes that he would prepare anything exotic. "It's a basic dish but it's very healthy, something that I have regularly for dinner," he says.

Is there a name to it, I ask, hoping the name at least will do justice to our column. "It's just… Rajeev's Dinner Bowl," he says. My mind wanders desperately in search of a better name: Health Bowl, Nova Nuggets, Eggy Broth… I give up even as Khandelwal reassures us that it'll be a dish health-conscious readers will appreciate.

A familiar face on Indian television, Khandelwal, has been in the news for his tirade against Ekta Kapoor and her production house. The glossies have been gung-ho about his personal life and affairs too. "Glossies need to feed themselves and gossip is their diet," he laughs, while mustard seeds pop in the pan.

His dish has lots of colourful veggies. When I ask whether one could use a packet of frozen vegetables instead, the statement is met with a look of disapproval: "Vegetables should be fresh," he insists.

A self-confessed fitness fanatic, Khandelwal says that he can't afford to be negligent about his fitness regime and diet. He's fond of juices, but prefers to stay away from the fruit juices in tetra-packs.

He also has salads, simple Indian meals for lunch comprising of chapatis (made from eight different kinds of flour mixed together), dal and sabzi with yoghurt. When he does sample new cuisines, he selects dishes which are steamed, grilled and not too heavy.

While he's stirring and adding, Khandelwal happily speaks about Aamir, in which a young doctor lands in Mumbai from London and is handed a mobile phone and instructions to help him trace missing family members.

"We were shooting in crowded Mumbai streets and eating food while sitting on pavements. That was one time when my diet schedule went awry," he says.

The hard work seems to have paid off. Critics have gives the film and Khandelwal's performance a thumbs-up. As for the dish, it gets my approval too. It's not exotic, not at all, but its real flavour lies in its simplicity.

FAVOURITE RECIPE

RAJEEV'S DINNER BOWL

2 spring onions
1 each green, red, yellow bell peppers
packet mushrooms
1 cup soya granules (soaked in hot water for 5 min)
tsp mustard seeds
tsp whole peppercorns
5 pods garlic
2 eggs (boiled and chopped roughly)
1 tbsp olive oil
cup broccoli
1 tbsp, fresh lime juice
A bunch of fresh coriander and mint leaves
Salt to taste
Oregano and red chilli flakes, to taste

Drizzle olive oil onto a nonstick pan and spread well. Add peppercorns and mustard seeds. Let seeds sputter. Chop garlic pods and add them along with finely chopped spring onions. Chop green capsicum, yellow and red bell pepper, and cabbage and add. Stir for five minutes.

Soak soya granules in hot water for five minutes and rinse thoroughly in cold water thereafter for another two or three minutes. Squeeze and add them to the pan. Add mushrooms, boiled eggs and sprouts. Add salt to taste, oregano, red chilli flakes, finely chopped mint and coriander leaves. Squeeze some lime juice on top. Mix well and serve.

Chalo bachalog......Jao and banake khao ye dish sab logπŸ˜†

Rajeev's Dinner Bowl !!πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰

Daebak thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwal
Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI Photo) More pics
When Rajeev was in Delhi...

Rajeev Khandelwal is enjoying his newfound fame as an actor, even before his first movie has tested the waters.

When he was in the city recently for the premiere of Aamir , he posed like a star for photographs. Meanwhile, we saw a pretty girl standing with a guy in a corner waiting for Rajeev.

It turned out that she was Rajeev's friend Diva. She said, "Rajeev is my buddy, and I'm here to watch the screening of his debut movie. Our friendship goes a long way back. We studied in the same college in Ahmedabad and are still very good friends. I don't think Rajeev has changed a bit after becoming a star. He is still the same simple guy. I was very excited when I heard that Rajeev was making his debut on the big screen. When I congratulated him, he promised me that the he would invite me – first day, first show. So here I am, with my husband."

Rajeev was of course, very happy to see here there. When we spoke to him, he said that he was a complete fitness freak and loved sports. "I love playing tennis. I don't get much time to play as I'm busy with my shoots. But whenever there is time, I play for at least two hours."

And what about his dream woman? "The girl in my life has to be somebody as simple and as unassuming as I am. She should have a mind of her own."

LOL.........I saw her.......Hehehehe.....And i was wondering who is she? Heheheh....Itne mazze se ghum rahi thi wo yaha waha πŸ˜†

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

An evening with Rajeev!

Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI Photo) More pics

Rajeev Khandelwal was the man of the evening, accepting compliments with all modesty for his splendid debut performance on the big screen.

He made it a point to greet every single guest and spend a little time with each of them at the special screening of his movie, hosted by Ronnie Screwvala who could not be present. Anurag Kashyap and Raj Kumar Gupta were present with their team members; Kiran Kumar was heard discussing the nuances of the movie with a friend in the interval, and Anuj Saxena, who's busy working round the clock, said that he had made it a point to be there. Also present were Divya Dutta and Rajat Kapur, Rajesh Khera, Shruti Seth,Vikaas Kanoi and Viveck Vaswani.
l FASHION FUNDAS: Shveta Salve looked very different with her bangs, and received a number of compliments on her new hairstyle. A new look for the monsoons we guess. Abhay Deol sported the tie and waist coat look, while Ashiesh Roy wore the famous 'tattoo-shirt' that has become a craze these days.

------------------------------------------------------------ -

Aamir     Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal
Director: Raj Kumar Gupta

Spicezee Bureau

What happens when you have a TV actor making his big screen debut in India? Ninety nine percent of the times the debut turns out to be a dampener lest it's a Shahrukh Khan making his debut! But then there are times when you hit the bull's eye in life and that makes you seem as if you have changed things all around you for the best. The same has happened with Rajeev Khandelwal aka 'Sujal Garewal' who makes his debut with UTV's 'Aamir'.

'Aamir' doesn't have star power, no beautiful lasses, no naach-gaana, no frills and frolic. It is just a one-man army calling the shots here and this one man is- Rajeev Khandelwal, who in all possibilities will be known as Rajeev 'Aamir' Khandelwal after this debut of his.

The movie 'Aamir' sees Rajeev putting an impeccably sincere effort to play Dr Aamir Ali, a commoner. It tells the story of an average middle class Indian Muslim man who has dreams for himself and his family, a guy who doesn't bother about communal or political issues. But life changes for him when he returns home after studying abroad and a phone call throws him into the throes of a conspiracy.

The story progresses to show how he finds his way out of this catch and how towards the end, Aamir lands himself in a perplexing situation where he is left with one option – whether to accept his destiny or to write one of his own.

The saga can be called an attempt to explore the consciousness of a modern 'foreign-returned' Indian as he comes face to face with the never seen before nightmares that of crime, radicalism and what not.

The movie takes you in its grips, taking you through an uncanny journey through Mumbai as seen through the eyes of the protagonist 'Aamir'.

It's fresh, hard, well abbreviated and miles away from the regular commercial potboilers that Bollywood is famous for. Alas we have a fairly unknown but fine director in the form of Raj Kumar Gupta who is successful in leaving a mark with absolutely nothing at hand but a bunch of newcomers.

Aamir as a flick proves the fact that with a superior storyline and screenplay there can be a decent BO winner in Bollywood too. Talking about Rajeev, one can say that we have a victor here, who's in your face and extremely likeable perhaps because he is one amongst us and no macho man with star-like qualities. What's more, he is determined to make it big. He wins straight with his uncomplicated performance. Period.

With no parallels drawn from SRK, we can still hope that this lad will go a long way too.

To sum it all, 'Aamir' is a film, which provides you with food for thought without burdening with sermons on the quality of existence. Whether Sarkar Raj's loss(?) will be Aamir's gain, remains to be seen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Memoirs of a Cinema Pilgrim

Sunday, June 08, 2008

AAMIR: MOVIE REVIEW

Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal
Runtime: 90 min. (citation needed)
Rating: *****
Genre: Thriller, Drama

Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the newspapers! Now, shudder as you observe, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes, I give you…the average man. Physically unremarkable, it has instead a deformed set of values. Notice the hideously bloated sense of humanity's importance. The club footed conscience and the withered optimism.
- The Joker (The Killing Joke)

In Alan Moore's The Killing Joke, The Joker recounts his origins to a captive Commissioner Gordon. He was a run of the mill conman, and he never truly reveals what his name used to be then, and through his tale describes to the upstanding cop the philosophy of one bad day. That one bad day that snatched from him his innocent wife. That one bad day that destroyed him and his face. That one bad day that made him insane miles beyond the farthest limits of insanity. That one bad day that made him the clowned prince of crime. That one bad day, and what it can do even to the most upstanding man. That it can batter him to beyond a point of no return.
Aamir Ali (Rajeev Khandelwal), touches down to Mumbai, having left his practice of two years in London for good. He would have stayed there for ever, and I suspect he could have. But he doesn't fancy his chances under the present climate of ethnic distrust and suspicion, and he probably hopes to bide his time here with his family, and when the season changes he would return to his flourishing life. But that is for the future. He might believe everything is in his own hands, and he's playing his cards alright. Heck, everything feels totally under control. But this day, the day when he sets his foot back on home soil, the day when his family curiously is seen nowhere to receive him, the day when he calls home and nobody picks up, the day when two anonymous men on a bike ride up to him and toss a Nokia 6610, the day when it rings and he picks it up and a stranger is on the other line, the day when he is told his family has been taken hostage and they would be killed at a moment's notice lest he comply with their instructions, this day would be his own private one bad day.
Here is where I assure you, I have revealed nothing, and if my discussion of this gravitating piece of filmmaking seems to be skimming along the surface, so be it. I certainly wouldn't want to be the idiot who spoils the joy of others. At the same time, nothing would stop me from declaring that this is the best film we've made since that masterstroke we know as Johnny Gaddaar. And it is every bit as great a thriller as that one, with tons of moral conundrums we find ourselves the middle of.
Clocking at 90 minutes this is a lean economical film that pulls out all the stops to put us smack in the middle of a city and engulfs us with it. The city here is a central character, and the shape it assumes thoroughly reflects on the way the film unfolds. It stinks when it wants to, it feels rotten at times, and on some occasions it feels a maddening place. A harsh irrational hell of random and pointless human existence. Aamir runs for his family in here, from pillar to post, with little or no help. He's not a hero by even the farthest stretches of imagination, and he's being broken to pieces from inside. He's tired, he's asthmatic, yet he runs. With a red suitcase in his hand he clutches most dearly too, cutting a picture of such intense sympathy you would want to cry, he runs. This is a heartbreaking performance from Rajeev Khandelwal, who I hear is an actor of repute on the television.
There's the proverbial hooker with a golden heart in there too, and when the opportune time arrives to measure her worth, her actions seem more valuable than any treasure. Such is the brilliance of filmmaking here, our hearts well up at the joy of her existence. It is the mark of a good film, for it realizes that, and in Aamir's eyes we find the acknowledgement reflected. It is the first occasion when his tears attain full flow, and it is a touching moment of an overpour of honest emotions.
As I sit alone at this hour in the night writing this review, I've realized this film has left a certain degree of a devastating impact on me so much so that I'm constantly losing myself in a stream of thoughts that juxtapose Aamir against his fate. It is fascinating and heartbreaking at the same time, and I am arguing with myself on whose side the film considers itself to be – with the man who writes his own fate, or the one who thinks he is writing his own fate. Aamir, beyond a shred of doubt, is of the latter kind. He considers himself successful, and he might be, for what counts for a successful life in this world is the perfection achieved in impersonating the next person. As in clones, where everybody is imitating everybody.

"With the help of favorable measures great individuals might be reared who would be both different from and higher than those who theretofore have owed their existence to mere chance. Here we may still be hopeful: in the rearing of exceptional men."
- Thus Spake Zarathustra
Friedrich Nietzsche spoke of the Overman, the next stage in our evolution not necessarily a product of biological sciences but forces beyond them. The man of action, the man of ideals ought to be jolted into action by his environment. That is when he shows his worth, if any. In Aamir, the man who passes for the bad guy speaks at the other end of the phone, quietly stamping his authority and his willpower. He doesn't flinch, and he draws out Aamir's predicament as if he was God. Or maybe, the messenger of evil. But then, he has taken a stand and he's willing to be counted. The nature of his allegiance might be wrong, but it could be argued he has risen above the drudgery of everyday life. What this one bad day asks of Aamir, with the evil man as its instrument, is to take a stance in his life. For good or bad doesn't matter, but at least jump out of the line and be counted. It asks of him if he is a worthy adversary to him, a hero so as to speak, or would he still remain that commonplace loser who always does what he's told. It is an examination, if you could look at it that way. You might wonder why he chooses to do what he does at the end. Maybe our evolution lay beyond a lifetime, in the same manner by which Dave jumped a thousand zones and dimensions to evolve into the star-child in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
The film has done what it can do though, to stand up and be counted, and that is to achieve a level of brilliance in filmmaking experienced only few times a year, or sometimes never.. A film where technique serve the film and not the other way round, where the filmmaking isn't rigid in its adherence to one style but a multitude of tricks to draw us into itself. As a film that draws inspiration from that 2005 festival circuit hit Cavite (the filmmakers of the original are given acknowledgement right at the start), it is a work of great craft so much so that it could be called a work of art. A film from where much could be learnt for young filmmakers and screenwriters, most of them having to do a thing or two with honesty and truth. Maybe, in its own way, what The Magnificent Seven is to Seven Samurai. But I've seen great films vanish before my eyes, like last year, and I think a film can only do so much as far as writing its own fate is concerned. The rest is left to us, to recognize it, to grab its feet and place it on our shoulders and give it a ride of its life. If ever a film deserved that, it is this little overwhelming gem here, and I sure do hope to contribute my little bit in promoting it. Maybe even shout on rooftops.😊 Of course, I would wish it the very best of luck for its tryst with its fate.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Showbiz 24x7

With the phone, suit and scared ex-pression, Rajeev Khandelwal is still in the Aamir groove, at his debut premiere.

With the phone, suit and scared ex-pression, Rajeev Khandelwal is still in the Aamir groove, at his debut premiere.

Long time no see! Abhay Deol makes sure people notice him by flashing those adorable dimples at the Aamir premiere.

Bobby darling is a riot of colour. A terrible fashion faux pas! And the hair looks fake…time for a stylist!

Another person who needs a stylist, Anuj's shirt is as shiny as his hair at former TV star Rajeev's debut film premiere

Pics by Sujit Jaiswal

Edited by togepe30 - 15 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Thrill-a-minute
Font Size -      
-A +A
Premankur Biswas
Posted online: Monday , June 09, 2008 at 02:16:18
Updated: Monday , June 09, 2008 at 03:46:39
Print Email To Editor Post Comments

Film: Aamir
Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal
Rating:*******
Running at: Inox (City Centre, Forum)

Half an hour down Aamir, you know that debutante director Raj Kumar Gupta is taking you to a visceral ride down Mumbai's underbelly. So you prepare yourself for the squalor, the grime and the depravation that makes the metropolis called Mumbai. But nothing prepares you for the brilliantly built-up climax of this thriller, which will make even the most jaded of viewers shift to the edge of their seats.

But then it would be unfair to single out only the last few frames of Gupta's debut film. The film maintains an impressive narrative momentum throughout, hardly ever giving the protagonist Aamir (Rajeev Khandelwal makes a compelling screen debut), and indeed the viewer, a second to breath. And when Aamir does take a minute out from the relentless cat and mouse game to reflect, the audience too is taken into confidence. Therein lies director Gupta's greatest achievement, to actually unravel the proceeding through the protagonist's perspective, and make us see and feel the exactly the same things that Aamir is feeling. As he makes his way through the soiled underbelly of Mumbai, as he flinches at the sight of a butcher's knife and warms up to a crass street girl, you actually charter the same graph of emotions and share his bewildered perceptions of an entire population forging lives in the margins of society

Aamir is a young London-based doctor, who returns to his motherland after his residence visa is not renewed. Immediately upon arrival, however, he's thrust into highly tense situation- his luggage is stolen and a cellphone is thrust to his hands by a strange passer-by. Eventually, he is informed that his family has been kidnapped and will be killed if he doesn't stay on the phone and follow precise orders. The voice directs Aamir through poverty-stricken shantytowns where squalor breeds desperation and life is cheap, and eventually reveals a terrible conspiracy.

Thank god for this taut thriller. Just when we were lulled into a state of aesthetic numbness by sheer lack of choice when it came to Bollywood releases (heck we were actually pushed into pointing out the finer points of a dampener like Jannat), Aamir comes as a blessing. Two thumbs up to Gupta and his crew.

PS: The film is supposedly inspired from a Filipino indie called Cavite. Boy am I catching that one!
angelic eyes thumbnail
Thankoo soo much for soo many articles and reviews Vandu..Health conscious Rajeev makes a great recipe..πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
yogzz thumbnail

Ha Raham ( Mehfuz ) Aamir Video

http://www.chakpak.com/video/ha-raham-%28-mehfuz-%29-aamir-v ideo/185211?gtype=mv&gdata=17721&index=0

Edited by cute_unknown_fr - 15 years ago