Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Adi there's nothing wrong in doing all that. What Debu did was definitely worth applauding. But airing it on the show in such details was something that should have been avoided.

To one such emotional acts may look fine, to some the every giving ring may look better while to another reading a fan letter may give the same entertainment. Its a matter of choice and liking. Just like, to a section of public giving out ring, reading a letter all that looked like drama to many this may give the same impression. Getting a letter from a fan may also overwhelm a contestant and he may think of reading it out to all. Why then call that drama???

Fact is what they did on Saturday marred the actual performance. How many of us really remember the performances. Its just the tears and tissue papers that now is left in our memory. The whole emotional part of ALL the contestants could have been done more subtly. They went tooooo overboard and somehow ended into putting actual singing as #2.

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Totally agreed with u advil 👏 👏 👏 Well said... Debojeet wasnt wrong in having those people there... Regd Mandira I feel even she wasnt exactly fake or over the top... The way she was weeping saying sorry for fighting with her mom, it was apparent that it was not scripted... 😛 It was really emotional an episode... I was initially reluctant to the idea of having the old age home people there as in srgmp... But after watching it, I really felt sorry...
Edited by smallwonder - 16 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Bhaskar you seem to have understood what I am trying to convey here. 😳

Debojit's stupendous singing  👏 was over shadowed by so much sad drama.  At the same time Rahul's fantastic singing was undershadowed b/c of no drama.  Just an example.  He also got low marks for fantstic singing IMHO 😳

Debo should not be singled out in here. The drama went on with most singers and the crying went on and on. As bhaskar mentioned one hour show was stretched to hour and a half.

Adi you are misunderstanding my post. I have alot of sympathy for people but somethings better not shown to the level which can be a turn off for public. It goes for all contestants.

I am against all drama be it crying, reading fan-love letter, offering ring, etc.  So i am not singling this one situation out at all.

Thanks bhaskar for your understanding and support in my post.   Singing definitely took back seat to drama in Mday episode.  I had to watch the show 2nd time to catch the best singing part by all and with my luck my DVR went into malfunction and did not record after debojit's performance.  Abhijit, Vinit and Harshit singing I can't enjoy again.   So back to watching those performances on puter with my luck 😳

Peace!! 😃 

Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

Adi there's nothing wrong in doing all that. What Debu did was definitely worth applauding. But airing it on the show in such details was something that should have been avoided.

I am sorry I dont agree. Sending parents off to old age homes, or leaving them uncared for in homes while their kids live elsewhere, there are some of the social black marks. We all know how bad they are , but no one takes as much notice. But when they get aired in shows like this, everyone takes notice even if that is for a minute and in that one minute atleast people feel the worth of parents. they may forget it again in a few moments.but airing it... showcased the life and agony of all those unfortunate mothers... just that one moment of glory and honor will give them something to live for...

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

To one such emotional acts may look fine, to some the every giving ring may look better while to another reading a fan letter may give the same entertainment. Its a matter of choice and liking. Just like, to a section of public giving out ring, reading a letter all that looked like drama to many this may give the same impression. Getting a letter from a fan may also overwhelm a contestant and he may think of reading it out to all. Why then call that drama???

Fan letter part was out of place... It came out of the blue and for no rhyme or reason... But Debojeet's part was part of the episode's theme... Hence, the first is actually drama but the latter is not... When all contestants r getting there moms there, Debojeet brought the elderly people... And it didnt effect his singing, it only enhanced it in my opinion...😛 The performances r as much remembered as the emotions...

Edited by smallwonder - 16 years ago
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: smallwonder

Fan letter part was out of place... It came out of the blue and for no rhyme or reason... But Debojeet's part was part of the episode's theme... Hence, the first is actually drama but the latter is not... When all contestants r getting there moms there, Debojeet brought the elderly people... And it didnt effect his singing, it only enhanced it in my opinion...😛

I agree with you... and I am really proud of Debojit for making these ladies feel worthy even if that was just for a few minutes. The whole interaction was too too touching especially the way he ended it with surmayi ankhiyo mein and putting his head on that ladies lap....

It can be fake ot whatever, but for me it was the most real thing and hats off to Debu for that....

He sang so well... my God it was perfect yesterday !!!!!

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: advil

I am sorry I dont agree. Sending parents off to old age homes, or leaving them uncared for in homes while their kids live elsewhere, there are some of the social black marks. We all know how bad they are , but no one takes as much notice. But when they get aired in shows like this, everyone takes notice even if that is for a minute and in that one minute atleast people feel the worth of parents. they may forget it again in a few moments.but airing it... showcased the life and agony of all those unfortunate mothers... just that one moment of glory and honor will give them something to live for...

But a singing show is not a place to air these problems. There are many other media networks to do the same. Its not a platform to sir social reforms. He is a star and he can easily get air time on ANY damn news channel.

I made my own POV clear. I try to stick to the same path that I take. Excessive drama is something I always advocate against in a singing show. And even though I am a fan of Debojit here, I will say against what was done. This whole fiasco ended into overshadowing all singing performances sorry to say.

Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: advil

What drama ? He was asked to say something about his mother. His was very attached to his mother always........

or who is fighting with whom

@ Adi..This whole post by you, beautifully written, and very true!👏 I totally agree...I wouldn't term anything shown yest on the show as drama..And as far as Debo's part is concerned, It was one of the truest, purest and most heart-felt moments on a reality show I have ever seen...

Edited by simplyvivacious - 16 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: smallwonder

Fan letter part was out of place... It came out of the blue and for no rhyme or reason... But Debojeet's part was part of the episode's theme... Hence, the first is actually drama but the latter is not... When all contestants r getting there moms there, Debojeet brought the elderly people... And it didnt effect his singing, it only enhanced it in my opinion...😛 The performances r as much remembered as the emotions...

Thats it. To you it looks out of place. To a Rahul fan it may not. None is saying he did not sing good. None is saying he should NOT have brought those ladies. But that part of the act could have been edited out.

Come now guys. Be steady in likings.😆 For one act you say it is singing contest so should not be done and then for another act in next episode you all change the stand. 😆

kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I agree with small wonder to an extent ..this thread is discussing about the part that was shown on Debo and I think that part was abosolutely soul stirring and very apt ..sp when Debo was singing Surmain ankhiyon mein I couldn't control my tears ...mera haal was almost like Mandira ...I hope the msg was sent loud and clear !!!!!!!!!!

But I also agree with some others who were talking about the drama that was created with the challengers and the fan letter ..Neha's crying which looked very staged ...

Infact if I hadn't watched the recorded version it would have spoilt my mood that was so emotionally touching !!(luxury of FF 😆   )