Anuradha thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hello Friends

This thread is mainly for posting all the articles related to this show... So, it will be easy for all of us to look into the articles and keep ourselves updated with the latest happening in the show..

P.S: Please do not post Telly Buzz articles on the whole... If you are posting it, please post only the link!!!

Moderator's Note:

For the show format and other details like the contestants, click on the link below...

About the Show, Format & Other Details
Edited by Anuradha - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Star Plus has launched another reality show for singers who didn't win titles in shows like Voice of India, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Fame Gurukul and Indian Idol. The show, titled Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, is a platform that divides the most popular small-screen musical reality idols between the champions (winners) and challengers (runner's-up) of reality shows.

The show also marks the comeback of director Farah Khan, who was away on maternity leave. The director, who is quite excited and happy to be back, says, "The reason why I am doing this show is because, I would be shooting once in a week and secondly the most important factor is that judges will have 50 per cent power in judging the contestants unlike other reality show."

Along with Farah, the show would also have music directing duo Vishal Dadlani and Shekar Ravijani as the other judges. Mandira Bedi will be hosting the show. Speaking about the format of the show producer Vaibhav Modi from Endemol said, "Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar is an original concept, we can call it tailor-made."

The champions (winners of previous reality shows) in the show include Abhijeet Sawant, Aishwarya Nigam, Debojit Saha, Ishmeet Singh, Ruprekha Banerjee and Ujjaini Mukherjee while the challengers (runner's-up in previous reality show) include Amit Sana, Amit Tandon, Harshit Saxena, Rahul Vaidya, Prajakta Shukre, Neha Kakkar and Himani Kapoor to name a few.

Farah, who also judged Indian Idol, heaved a sigh of relief at the prospect of judging only good singer. "I have not done TV shows for two years now and judging this is going to really tough because you are choosing from the best of best." Vishal says, "While choosing the winner, we only have to look at the singing aspect."

www.deccan.com

Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar premiers on Television  

Thursday, April 10 2008  
Alert: Enter U Me Aur Hum contest & win free goodies

TV News

TV Specials
If your favourite singer of television's most watched reality shows - Amul Star Voice of India, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Fame Gurukul and Indian Idol - didn't win the title, here's another chance to cast your precious vote for them. Star Plus brings you yet another opportunity to identify the je ne sais quoi; the fire that separates the better from the best in Clinic All Clear - Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar.

The first episode to be aired on Friday, April 11 at 10 pm, will have the 12 challengers perform while judges Farah Khan, Vishal and Shekhar give their comments on their performance. Prajakta Shukre overwhelmed the judges with her rendition of the song, Aal Ki Raat and ended up being be the top scorer of the evening while Rahul Vaidya, Vineet, Harshit and Toshi were also applauded for their singing abilities.
Setting the mood and beginning the day's performance were Aishwarya and Debojeet who make an unconventional entry riding atop their bikes. Once on stage, they are joined by Rooprekha, Ujjaini, Ishmeet and Abhijeet and in chorus the group sings, "Rang jamake jayenge chakkar chala ke jayenge" and "Bachke rehna re baba".

However, the moments of excitement are short-lived. Amit Tondon got harsh remarks and was severely criticized by the judges as they feel that though his physical appearance was very attractive but his singing was way below the mark. Shekhar felt Amit has a lot of soul and innocence in his voice on the other hand Farah felt that the soul was missing while Shekhar felt that there was simplicity in his voice like Mukeshji's. On hearing the comments of the judges, Amit breaks down, more so because his wife was in the studio to see his performance for the first time.

On the other hand, Shekhar tells Amit Sana that he has not made any improvement in his singing and that they are highly disappointed with him as he even missed his track. The lowest scorer of the episode was Sumitra Iyer who performed on Aa dekhe jara. Co-participant, Rooprekha also felt that Sumitra was singing with extra josh to which Vishal responded that the song required extra energy

In an attempt to liven the atmosphere Farah commented that she was Ravindra Ravi's fan but unfortunately his song did not impress the judges. The evening was packed with performances by the other participants of the show such as Toshi Sabri, Vineet Singh, Rahul Vaidya, Neha Kakkar, Himani, Ishmeet, Harshit etc.

Watch your all time favourite singers perform in the opening episode of Clinic All Clear - Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, Friday, April 11, 2008, 10 pm only on Star Plus.
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /2008/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar-premier-100408.html
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Amit Sana disappoints on Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar  

Friday, April 11 2008  

TV News

TV Specials
Just when you'd expect your favourite singers to belt out music like never before, disappointment dawns when they face the camera once again after a hiatus in STAR Plus' Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar... Amit Sana's nervousness on returning to the centre stage grew on him so much on his first day of shoot resulting in a sloppy performance and much to Farah's disappointment.

On the other hand, Amit Tandon's singing abilities took a back seat while too much attention was paid to his physical appearance. Trying hard to concentrate on his singing, Farah shut her eyes and only focused on his voice, the result of which was extremely disappointing since his performance was a dampener according to the judges.
Even anchor, Mandira felt that since Amit is so well packaged, most people look at him and ignore how he sings. The judges' comments left Amit feeling terribly depressed since his wife was there on the sets especially to see him perform and cheer him. Sparks of rivalry and animosity were flying high when both Rooprekha and Sumitra passed adverse comments on each other after their respective performances.

Irked by the delay in the shoot and anxious to go back to her triplets, Farah Khan poked Vishal and asked him adhere to the instructions of the director and switch off his cell during the shoot so that they could all speedily finish their days work and head home...
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /2008/amit-jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar-110408.html
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Motherhood is most memorable experience in my life"- Farah  

Thursday, April 10 2008  

TV News

TV Specials
Farah Khan, the very popular choreographer turned director who has been making waves in the tinsel town with her movies has been blessed by motherhood very recently. After facing the television camera as a judge in Indian Idol, she is now preparing herself to judge Star Plus' new reality, calling for a battle between the Challengers and the Champions – Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar. On the hot seat along with her, will be ace music directors, Vishal Shekhar.

In between her busy schedule, the new mom, Farah took time to talk to us..

How will you be able to take time out from your busy schedule for your children?
children?
The speciality behind this show is that I have to give just a single day in a week. If they would have required more time would never have accepted it, as I have to take out time for my children too. With my recent schedule I can feed my children and come to the shooting. After completing it, I can go back to my children again.

Do you like the drama that generally goes on in these reality shows?
Yeah, I enjoy them very well. I really have fun when one judge leaves the set reacting to the comment of the other judges. In this show there will be children who already have become stars because of their appearance in different reality shows. They will once again have the chance to prove their excellence. Maybe we will have a chance to witness their age old enmity, and we may have more fun out of those situations.

In all the reality shows we see the actual talent remain the runner up because of the votes submitted by audience. Don't you think it's better to allow the audience a mere ten percent and keep the rest in the hands of the judges?
I agree with you but we cannot forget the emotions of the audience, too. As judges are required for any such show, audience's involvement is also required in the way of making the show popular. SMS voting is the major reason of their involvement in the show. Otherwise they would have watched these shows like any other saas bahu serial and would like to have forgotten them as soon as they are off air. And in that way it justifies the names of the shows. Truly speaking if there is the maestro of Indian music taking the hundred percent of the judging responsibility, then also the audience would complain about the wrong judgment. It's better to maintain a balance by allowing them fifty percent power. I think it's a better beginning for us. Guess we get more power afterwards.

There must be some children whom you already have judged.
I will treat all of them with equal chances. I'll never have their history attached to me and neither any previous acquaintance. There will be different shades for each new day. It'll be like a boxing match for all of us. You can never say whether Amit Sana is good or Rahul Baidya is better or even if Prajakta Sukre is performing better. There will be the ultimate moment when one of them will snatch away the honor from all others.

How will you utilize your fifty percent power?
There is no question of makeover now. Neither are we looking at the fact as how simple someone is. There's no question of even preparing someone as they already have done hundreds of shows and have become rock stars. Their performance will be their introduction. All of them are bests but the ultimate performance will prove the best among them.

Don't you think your responsibility has increased due to that fifty percent power?
I don't think so. I think we will get half the curses because of having half the power.

What are you going to make after "OSO"? Please tell us about that.
It's quite tough to talk about that. As of now, I can tell you that the story of the film is ready and you will watch my next film in the next year.

Will your friend, Shahrukh, be in this film also?
Let me first write the story nah. I'll reveal everything at the right time. Right now I can only ask you to wait.

You were not present in previous seasons of Indian Idol. What's the reason for this..
Actually I was quite busy with my films. Believe me there is no other reason behind that as because there's nothing more interesting to me than to judge a reality show. I don't need to learn anything to come to the show but the show in itself teaches me many things. I don't feel pressurized at any point of my life as because I do everything with equal passion and honesty.

What you think will be the challenges to you in the reality show?
In my last show I had the responsibility to choose ten best singers from amongst all novices. But in this show I have to choose the best from all experts. It's really a task.

You call these singers as celebrities but they don't have chance to sing in films. How do you feel?
This is the same scenario with all the industries. Talking about these singers we must not forget about those singers who came to the industry from these shows and have proved their expertise. We can easily remember names of Sunidhi, Shreya and Sonu Nigam. Yeah, it's true that no recent names have come to the fore from the latest line. But it's not true that they are not doing anything. They are quite busy in concerts. At the same time they go to world tours, too. They don't have to remain as mere co-singers. As Sonu Nigam, too, did not want to continue with his appearance as co-singer.

You were a choreographer. Still you prefer to appear in reality shows regarding songs.
I am open to those shows also. If they call me I'll judge their shows also. And I have never thought in that way otherwise I would have appeared in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in place of Indian Idol

But you were offered to judge Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Why did you let them down?
I had to promote my film then. I was pregnant by four months at that time. And they were shooting the program at the Rajkamal Studio. It was quite impossible and risky for me to go there carrying three babies.

Will you produce any show for television in future?
Sure. I have not planned anything, but I will surely try something out.

What would you like to tell us about you playing three different roles as choreographer, director and mother?
I think no male will understand that matter. But I have seen my maid who has four children. She resumed her job after having the fourth child. I cannot complain to anyone about the matter or would never like to prove my generosity. She works so hard and despite that she has no comfort in life while I have all my staff, mother in law and my mom. At the same time I can get a caretaker for my children. Looking at all the sides I now have no problem dealing with all my roles that life has offered me.

How would you like to describe your experience of attaining motherhood?
It's the funniest and most memorable experience in my life. It was the best moment when I took my children in my hands.

Do you see any change in your life after having three children?
It's still the same with me. And I don't want to crown myself for that.

Your mother told us that her children have earned this industry an amount of five hundred crores. What do you think?
My mom said that? But when?

Actually Saajid told us.
Saajid! Oh, he is just a big mouth.
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/spec ials/2008/farah-khan-interview-100408.html
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

By A.L. Chougule

Q After doing two seasons of Indian Idol why did you skip the third edition of the show? You also didn't do the second season of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa…
At the time of third season of Indian Idol I was very busy with my film and didn't have any time for the show. In fact, Indian Idol takes a lot of time as the exercise starts from audition stage and your commitment lasts as long as six months by the time it reaches the final stage. I also couldn't do Jhalak because I was four months pregnant and was also busy with the post-production of Om Shanti Om. 

Q So how did you take a call on Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar despite having three little babies?
First and foremost I love reality shows. They may be done to death but I love watching them. In fact, I am a reality TV junkie and have watched most of the shows, be it Bigg Boss, MTV Roadies, Shava Shava or Jjhoom India. I love all the real drama, arguments and screaming that happens on reality shows. It's a great feeling to be back again on reality TV.

Q What are the other reasons for doing this new show?
Besides being a reality TV junkie, the major reason was that the show requires just one day in a week. They also agreed for a flexible time so that I could feed my three little kids. I also liked the show's format which has six winners and 12 contestants from various talent hunts. I think the USP of the show is the face-off between the winners and challengers. And the best thing is that judges' marking will have 50 per cent say in the final result.

Q But don't all reality shows look the same? Aren't the formats similar?
They might appear similar but each show is different from the other. Each format has different nuances. In Jo Jeeta the fight is between the best of the best. It's a lavish production and I am sure it's going to get rock. Despite so many reality shows happening across all channels, there is huge viewership for reality TV.
Q What could be the reason behind viewers watching so many reality shows?
I think people connect easily with music and dance. Once they are used to watching certain shows they become part of the contestants' journey and that makes them come back again and again. Reality shows are also contentious in nature. Every decision and elimination is hotly discussed and debated. I think we Indians are opinionated people and since there are five or six opinions in every house, watching reality TV is a sure short entertainment for them. 

Q Is it necessary to have melodrama and arguments in a reality show?
I think it is necessary. But it's not deliberate. It is an intrinsic part of the reality format which is quite natural when you have three judges and several contestants on one platform. It's like a boxing match.

Q You might get accused of being partial because there are a few contestants on this show who were seen on Indian Idol 1 and 2 and Fame Gurukul before. 
I don't have any favourites. Essentially, I always look for a good voice. To me all of them are newcomers though they are not raw talents trying to be good singers. This is the cream and choosing the best is going to be a difficult task though.

Q In the last few years talent hunts have thrown up many singers but none have really succeeded in a big way. Why?
I don't think the ultimate aim of talent hunts is to find playback singers. Even the contestants are not looking at just being playback singers either. The aim is to find good singers and give them a platform. Most of them are so busy with stage shows that they hardly have time for anything else.

Q Has motherhood changed you in any way? Was it difficult getting back to work within a few months of delivering three kids?
Well, I am having great fun with my three babies. Getting back to work wasn't difficult at all for me because I have my mother and mother-in-law for support. In fact, I also have a lot of staff for help. I am in a position to hire even a nurse. I think it's not difficult at all for women to start working. There are women from poor families who get back to work within a week after delivery. 

Q When will you start working on your next film? 
Right now I am working on the script which is half ready. It will take some time before the film goes on the floor.

www.deccan.com

jani-yeh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Rivalry erupts on Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar   
Thursday, April 17 2008    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Competition and rivalry seems to have set in from the first episode itself with trouble brewing between the contestants of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar. There is an evident underlining friction and tussle between Toshi and Vineet with both of them wanting to perform on the same song i.e. Lagan Lagan Lag Gayi Re from Tere Naam. Toshi believes his voice is best suited to songs sung by Sukhwinder and hence is persistent on choosing the song for himself, while Vineet is confident of giving an ace performance on the song and hence insists on performing on it.

Champions (Debojit, Abhijeet and Rooprekha) are feeling the pressure and are bearing the brunt of the format of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar since they are only given one opportunity to perform while the Challengers get two attempts. The pressure to give their best performance in a single performance is leading the Champions to believe that the opportunities are skewed towards the Challengers.

Although Vineet Singh and Rahul Vaidya appear to be the best buddies on the show, there is a competitive undercurrent between them with each one of them waiting to score over the other and jumping at every opportunity of pulling the other down.

After Rooprekha's comment on Sumitra's performance, the hostility between the two of them has grown stronger and it looks like they have agreed to disagree on every issue and are constantly found bickering on the sets!

Being a Bengali, Rooprekha has a huge language barrier since she finds it extremely difficult to converse in Hindi. Whenever, she tries to make a point, she is often misunderstood and misinterpreted on the show because of the communication gap. But her flawless singing has everyone stumped.

SOURCE:http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stori es/news/2008/rivalry-jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar-170408.html