Sitaare Zameen Par

Was Emon really better den Raja or Toshi?

peace_786 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hello everyone,

Ok! was it just me or is there anyone else here too who thought that Javed Akhtar was a little biased towards Indian Idol contestants?? I respect javed Akhtar as a lyricist and I agreed with all his judgements previously but this time I thought he was just a little biased.

Seriously, did Emon deserve more than Raja or Toshi?

I liked Shekar Suman's judgement better than the rest two.

U r welcum to disagree with me but u have to admitt that Raja is a brilliant singer and eventhough he has a little sufi style, he rocked!!

peace!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chronic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I thought Toshi definately deserved more than a 5!
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yeah i agree toshi def deserved more than a 5
kothra thumbnail
toshi deserved more than 5..and i even feel tht javed saab was biased towards emon n amit..Raja n toshi really sang well
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I didnt like Toshi or Raja's forst round rendition. Toshi was more or less shouting, he seems to be very passionate and thats great but it seemed more like shouting to me.Also he took so many variations which werent necessary and not going along with the orchestra.

Raja's song selection was bad in the first round. The first half wasnt sung well, but he did well in the 2nd half

Emon sounded as if he was singing "chada hua", u know a pitch higher than the normal.

so all of them should have had the same marks, around 22-24
souljaboy12 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: tina59

I didnt like Toshi or Raja's forst round rendition. Toshi was more or less shouting, he seems to be very passionate and thats great but it seemed more like shouting to me.Also he took so many variations which werent necessary and not going along with the orchestra.

Raja's song selection was bad in the first round. The first half wasnt sung well, but he did well in the 2nd half

Emon sounded as if he was singing "chada hua", u know a pitch higher than the normal.

omg no the first song was really goood and he was not shouting there i a deifference between shouting and singing

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
emon is a good singer but he was not his best yesterday...his II performances were so great and this did not live upto what he has the potential...and from what i hear toshi too is a great singer but did not sing his best either...raja for some reason did not come out strong which again surprises me....but based on yesterday i think raja and toshi were lot better
shopgirl1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
non emon was not better thn raja n toshi...but looks like javed shb was tired of gving less marks/remarks :0)...so he jst pinned in those marks 4 emon 😉
NO doubt Toshi is good singer but Javed was right pointing out his mistakes. However i totally disagree that Javed saab gave him just 5. Having said that he also didnt deserve two 10s from other two judges. I think 8 from all judges would be fair enough for him.

For raja i he was not bad, he should have choosen right song. Emon was average but i do beleive he could have done better. AMit was fantastic among male singers.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: tina59

Thank god there is another person who thinks like MOI 😉 ðŸ˜† Toshi over and under sang "Teri Diwani" in some places.  And practically shouting in "Main Jahan Rahoon"

Toshi does not need to bring unneccessary harkatey, Murkiyaan aur Sargam to a song where it is not needed.  Improvising and fixing a song which does not require can really make a mess out of a song which he did with Teri Diwani.  I was turned off by him.  I loved Sharib & his singing and but can't say same abt Toshi 😳

I would give him 6 if I were a judge 😳

Raja did pick right song from Guru but was not himself for some reason.  He has sung same song a lot better.  He could have really kicked some butt with it. But the harsh comments he received from JA was not necessary.

His dard e disco was good.  Raja is fantastic singer in certain genre and brings great emotions which can touch audiance.

Emon was not better than Toshi or Raja.  But Emon did not over sing either songs like Toshi did. I personally don't like Emon's voice and his lisp really bothers me but that is my opinion only.  I think Emon got the marks he deserved.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago