Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bambooshoot thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: bellevue

You know, as much as we wanted Shona to win, it doesn't feel bad because they proved what we were trying to say about the whole show all along was right. It is pathetic when bunch of people get together and blame their own weaknesses on others without looking into it. How do they justify all the wrongs that they saw Anwesha was facing and never questioned, why poor Anwesha is getting a diferent kinds of treatment.Are they blind or insensitive to others predicament. Hope they will face the similar situation and learn to be fair in life.

You know Belle, I was thinking exactly the same thing!😊

bellevue thumbnail
Saswati, let us keep praying for our Shona. I just haven't watched the last part yet, because I don't want to watch her crying or see the pain on a fourteen year old's face. Hope she is not feeling hopeless after what she had to go through at this young age. There is lot more waiting for her around the corner, I am sure.
bambooshoot thumbnail
Amu, I had heard that Shona had been a runners up in the Bengali Saregama and used to wonder how could anyone be better than her. Thanks for letting us know the facts. But don't worry, we all know her and love her. Let her step into the industry. Every song she sings, every award nomination she has, we will vote like crazy to make up for what we couldn't do here. Hopefully, there are no more Gajjis in that part of the world.
bellevue thumbnail
Amrita, please don't be sad. I want to tell you that the only consolation is she didn't loose because she is bad. It was obvious that in India things haven't changed much. There exists: regionalism, sexism, capitalism, cast system, corruption, the list goes on and on. To survive and make it in India you need more than talent Paisa, kisko pahchante ho and all that. So inspite of all that our Shona went a long distance now she will be making it big. Did you see the way Amitabhji was getting excited and sitting up after hearing her rendition. I am so proud of her. You just be proud of what you were able to do. It was terrible when I heard she was getting only 20 percent vote. Just think how much you have helped her. Hats off to you. So just cheer up and don't feel sad for her. She got what she needed the attention of real music lovers of the world. 😛
anonmember thumbnail
Amrita, don't be sad, you did all you could yaar. We can just pray for Anwesha now that she gets what she deserves now the real challenge and game have begun.

Is it true that Anwesha will be touring the US/Canada soon? She can increase her fan following across the world, if thats the case. It would be an honor to hear her live.
bambooshoot thumbnail

Originally posted by: tpam

dnt think that path will b so easy for her.. at least 10 gajjis r there to stop her..

wen singer of lataji calibre cud do to newcomers then ... (i can giv 4-5 names who cudnt make names becoz of that ... ) , it is quite possible now the established singers wil do the same

Amu, I know what you mean. I've heard a lot of things about that generation as well. But today things are a little better. Through these singing competions, new talent does rise. The list of singers these days is much longer than those days. Yesterday, Alka Yagnik was the queen of bollywood music. Shreya took over that position from her today. And I pray that tomorrow, Anwesha will be sitting on that throne. Please be positive and pray for her bright future.

bellevue thumbnail
Amrita, life is not always going to be fair to any one. You know you loose some and you win some. Anwesha is not like just any other singer. People sit up when she starts to sing and she will definitely make it big. Now a days there are more opportunities out there than even a year ago ie; ustado ke ustad. She will be fine, you will see, so just cheer up. You know you have to believe that what ever happened it happened for the best. Keep your positive attitude, like mgal says.
Blossom5 thumbnail
Amrita, my sweet friend. no one has it easy. You said so yourself that Anwesha is the symbol of struggle. But, you also said to channel all that courage Anwesha has and she should be your inspiration because of the way she can cope with hardship. Sorry for paraphrasing I don't have your exact words. So, take your own advice, dear. Anwesha is not the type to sit in a corner and give up. This is just one chapter in her life and she has loads more chances coming her way. Please don't be sad.
sudhirm_2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Amrita, Everyone knows How is Anwesha Especially after yesterday's Episode..Anwesha gave MINDBLOWING performance.. They know it.. That's why They annouced These two girls are going to USA tour etc.. and They didn't show the cup presenting scene too long and they made a special cup for Anwesha.. Anwesha Is the real WINNER.. Lata Mungeskar Didn't come For this reason I think.. She can not give the champion cup to a wrong person.. so she refused..
bellevue thumbnail

Originally posted by: tpam

belle di , i am waiting for 5 yrs to see anwesha winning in life , bt i think i am the unlucky person whose parchhayi pade anwesha ke upar ans she is having devastating fate ... not to forget to mention all my favs always lost the game!

i wished i cud b indifferent to anwesha , bt i cudnt stop myself.. yesterday my dad was joking with me that whoever u support they lose.. i felt there is soo much truth even if he joked.. i wished i didnt support this kid!

No one's luck can be good or bad because of you. Please don't take it so personally. There are so many winners of singing competition still struggling. The thing is even after one wins and makes it in the industry may not last for n very long because some one will come and may make their market go down. Now Anwesha is very young if she doesn't make it this year she has many more years ahead of her to make it. If I were her parents I would tell her to make sure she (smart girl) pursues her education as well as singing .