Super Dancer show on SunTV

jenim thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I like the Super Dancer show a lot and decided to start a thread for discussion. This show is getting even better than MM-2!

IMO the participants in this show are very enthusiastic, fresh and show some great moves on stage. The Judges are very good and down to earth too. Is any one else impressed?

The recent one with the pair Jack and Jill and the other one with Rhythm Beats (Bala and Shalini - may be I got the names wrong ) was just too good! Too bad, Bala and shalini got kicked out to Wild Card. But Jack and Jill had great chemistry and showed some fantastic moves.

In the Solo round, I liked the girl's performance for the Rock, Rock, Rock.. Rock & Roll song than the boy's performance. I would've really liked the girl to have been selected. I don't know why the Judges thought otherwise. Chinna Master seemed a little biased in this round 😔

I like Malavika's comments a lot in this show. Being a Kannadiga, her attempt at Tamil is very good, I should say. She made me laugh a lot, by passing comments like "Super figure Machi" on a girl last week 😆

C'mon guys.. if you like this show or have anything to share, post your thoughts as well..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I do watch it sometimes, but I feel they should have more rounds. All of
them who got Malavikas heart, should have had a chance to show more
before she selected them instead of just selecting them from studying
carefully their videos 😕

jenim thumbnail

Yeah Meli.. You're right.
I was disappointed too that Malvika would just "carefully" watch the videos to pick contestants for Quarter-finals, without actually having a WildCard round. But again, they probably didn't want to waste too much time because it was the Prelims.

I believe, those who went to WildCard in the Quarter-finals, will actually get a chance to perform again, to be selected for Semi-finals. So we might get a chance to watch Bala/Shalini again. May be.. may be not.

And thanks for sticking this! 😉

Edited by jenim - 16 years ago
jenim thumbnail

Ok my Suda suda comments on the 01/19 show..

I t-o-t-a-l-l-y love this show! It's getting better with each week.

Is any one even watching this? May be, you guys go to bed too soon b'cos this show's at 10?(at least in some parts of the World) Not really sure, but please those of you who watched, post what you think. Madhumita, I know you too love dance shows..O Sister, Where Art Thou?

First, the solo round - The cute girl from Coimbatore, Samyukta danced very well for the "Madurai Jilla machan thandi" song from Thiruvilayadal. I felt that towards the very end she didn't really finish her steps well, it appeared as if she was hurrying to go on to the next step without finishing her previous step. But on the whole, she was pretty good. She passed out right after her performance, but that was some intense dancing. She was the winner in the Solo round. In both the Prelims and Quarter finals, she chose her dance outfits quite rich with mirror and sequin works, but the style and design looked very similar. May be, in the next round we can see her dressed in a different style.

Compared to her, the boy was OK (he was dusky and also looked cute in a 'Southern' way.. he was nicknamed "Manmadhan" by his friends 'cos he's very "good" with the girls 😳  in the college). He danced for "Saroja Saaman Nikaalo" song from Chennai-28. What went against him was the choice of song (not appropriate for Folk round) and that he also had some repetitive moves. Poor thing him.. he got Malvika's heart and got kicked to Wildcard.

We saw some really intensive dancing in the Group/Team round. Wow.. these kids (probly still in their late teens) are nothing short of amazing! The reason why I like this show so much is the fact that they (at least most of them) come from middle-class ordinary families from southern part of TamilNadu (as shown before their performance) without any filmi or TV background. Yet they have some really good dance composition, moves, expressions, spirit etc., when compared to even MM-2.

In the team round, Both Amazing Dancers and Beat Meets were awesome!

Amazing Dancers had a cute girl on their team (Vidya) whose expressions were really good and the whole team danced very well for the song "Onnoda purushanaga velai pottu kodu enakku" from the movie Saravana.  They got selected to go to the semi-finals. But I guess they got lucky, as the competition was really tough from the other team.

Beat Meets were also super good with their performance. From the beginning, they had been so confident that they would win the titles in the finals. They did a medley with Pokkiri pongal song and 2 other remixes. May be, this is what confused the Judges. This was kind of a new attempt as the tempo went from fast to medium to fast again. May be, the Judges are not ready for this kind of a mixed tempo. Malvika's comment for not choosing them - a couple of girls and a couple of boys didn't get the expression right. duh.. This team was quite disappointed, after their initial confidence.. paavam. Anyway, she recommended the main dancer in this team, to go solo in the next competition as his dancing and expressions were very good. I know this team lost, but I don't know why, Malvika didn't give this team her heart.. So, are they going to wild card or not? May be I missed something?!! Can some one help?

On a side note, Malvika's top was just so pretty. On this show, she seemed to have lost a few lbs and looked 'almost' slim. She wears really nice, pretty stuff for this show usually.. that's why it was a shocker to see her very ordinary dance outfit in the Malaysian dance event. Even the host Tanuja had a pretty  😳 black top on. If you've watched the show, you'd know why I put this emoticon here.

The hosts are doing ok, but sometimes get too silly.. They are almost on the verge of getting into the AnandaKannan, Supriya madness. I hope they'll stop before that 😆

Edited by jenim - 16 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Me watch it Jenim....I thought about opening a thread for this show after
the first episode, but since no one talked about it or made request I left it
go..me and ma bro love to watch dance shows and music shows 😉

It starts around 21.00 here cause by 22, its asath apovathu yaro 😉

Samyuktha was very good, still remember her intro tound, she is pretty
good to show expressions and not so many repeat steps while that boy
did that. I think the judges didnt like his costume cause it didnt fit for
folkround but after hearing his reason, they ere ok with it. I felt bad for
beat meets, their confidence level were at top, I thought they will make it
or at least to a wild cars round, poor guys, they were eliminated

hmm...about the hosts top, could it be cause of that area where chinna
gounder played pambaram?? 😆 😆

PS! didnt samyuktha faint right after she was done with her dance?? i was
scared when I saw that Edited by meli - 16 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh dearrrr how did i miss this???? 😕 Jenim, every sat i wud be watching this dear. I just love this show soooo much. Its really good and yes i do admit its better than mastana mastana 2 😉

Malavika comments are good. She knows how to handle the participants well 😊

Thanks for the suda suda updates 😃 im not goin to miss it this week 😳
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
when and in what channel is it aired????
Aahaana thumbnail
😲 Jas, you dont know? its aired on Suntv, every saturday, 21.00 😃

Its not any celebrity dancing, and its kids who has dance as their passion and
they choreoghraph their dance all by themself 👏 👏
suram thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Oh Boy... I always miss that show...totally forget that there is a kids show on Sunday!!! Maybe next week!!

supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
We (me & my daughter) too watch this show regularly and we like it...in fact my daughter likes this show a lot... *she likes all dance/dance shows!
I think, it's definitely better than MM - Part 2!