Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jenim thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
You're welcome, Netra 😊

I was hoping some one would post something about this show or at least what they think, after reading my update. Mmm hmmm.. no one around, except you and Supree, although there've been quite a few "viewers" to this thread 😉 I thought I was going to be the only one posting my comments here, this week. So, Thanks for your post.

I'm waiting to see what Supree has to say about last week's show as well.

supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Jenim, Got busy for the last few days... so came here late and saw your update. Last week's was an OK show... you have said everything exactly the way how I felt... What else is there to add Jenim.

I too felt so bad and sorry for Dilip... He was very good, but I was able to see the reaction on Malvika's face when he lit the fire.. and I knew he is not going to make it to the final... In a way, it's OK for Dilip to go home now...I think, Because anyway next week Our Folk Rani 😡 is the one who is going to win the title anyway... 😆 😆 😉

But her favorings towards certain groups, persons is very annoying... for example: The Gopinath guy, I don't feel that he did anything so extra special even in the Quarter finals!! You were absolutely correct about the J & J as well Jenim... Just because they surprised her did she Choose them?!! 😕 Anyway, let's watch the show next week to find who wins the Group title! 😉 😆

jenim thumbnail

Supree.. just wanted to see if you also felt the same way watching this show.  Thanks for stopping by 😊

Indha show paathu naan nondhu noodles aanadhunale, I wanted to check if you were also on the same boat. I guess we will again complain about this show next week and be done with it  😆 
Looks like the only real competition may be between the teams (at least let's hope that) 'cos with the Solo, either way whoever wins the title, wouldn't have won it fairly!

Oh..Gee.. I'm going to be so mad if they give Anita some cash prize besides the award 😡

Edited by jenim - 16 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Jenim, i was seriously waiting for your updates as i wud not be able to watch this episode this week. Family dinner 😕 But, if i manage to sneak to the tv room, wud came back with my opinion 😉 😳
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Jenim for the reviews 😃 ...I stopped watching this show when the so called judges started to become biased 😡 Guys, guess what..they have actually worte a about this in kumudam, so its not only us ifians who think Anita is being favorised.

Its was part 1 of the finale and the comments n points judges  gave Anita pissed me so out 😡 😡 what the heck did that yerke of a judge thought..😡😡 she should be ashamed of her self, if she ever win the title, then ist not cause of her hard work or talent 🤢

anyway, my fav on the finale is Samyukta and Gopi from solo dancers and jack n Jill in pair dancers 😃

looks like Shalini have got married the last week 😊 Edited by meli - 16 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Jenim.... whr are you darling????? waiting for ur suda suda updatesssssss 😳 😉
jenim thumbnail

Neths.. I've got loads to tell.. 😉

Was busy in the Kolly section tonite with "Sam Anderson" thread. Will give you my usual lengthy update on this show, Monday.

But this is not the end of the show yet. No winners - 'cos this was just Round 1 of the finals. One more round to go, next week, before winners are announced. At least that's what they said this week.
More details will follow tomorrow .. (my time).

To keep you entertained in the meanwhile, I present you this unrelated (albeit funny) link.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/866211

jenim thumbnail

Originally posted by: meli

Its was part 1 of the finale and the comments n points judges  gave Anita pissed me so out 😡 😡 what the heck did that yerke of a judge thought..😡😡 she should be ashamed of her self, if she ever win the title, then ist not cause of her hard work or talent 🤢

Mels -
Thanks for your brief update. Yeah.. you are absolutely right about the show and the stupid kenai special Judge they got on today's show, who went all aboard praising Anita.. puke puke 🤢 😡

And Who the heck is this judge guy? Looked like a complete clown, to me.

If Anita accepts the title, she would be one other shameless bi**h in history 😛 
I think, Archana's family owned event management company is involved in this show. That could be the only reason why!!

jenim thumbnail

02/16 "Final" Show - Round 1 - An update

On this show, the viewers were in for a couple of surprises. Also it is very clear now that this show make up their rules on the fly, as they go from week to week. There's no clear structure and they keep modifying rules and rounds to suit the whims and fancies of those who pull strings.

Previously they made us think that this show would be the last, where they would announce the winners. It was not! This show was just the 1st Round, as I mentioned y'day. There is the 2nd round next week. Hopefully then, Malvika would announce the super dancer(s) in each category.

The 2nd suprise was that they brought the crowd favorite Samyukta, back on the show to compete in the finals in the Solo round. She did not get the Wild card or anything previously and so it's a mystery how they suddenly decided to bring her back. May be, it was the Kumudam article, Meli. I really didn't get a chance to read that article. Meli.. if you know whether it is Kumudam or Reporter, will you kindly tell me which dated issue is this? I would love to hear some one else thrashing this show for all its bias. Anyway, it felt really nice to see Samyu back, giving her best ever performance.

The 3rd surprise was that - we were told previously that there are solo and Teams category. That's why I kept saying that there were 4 people competing in the Team category. They revised the categories and now there are 3 - Solo, Duet and Team.

The Finalists:

Solo contestants - Samyukta, Gopinath (spring hair), Anita 😡
Duet Contestants - Jack & Jill, Rhythm Beats (Bala & Shalini)
Team - R Unit, Amazing Dancers

They brought a 3rd Judge in. I don't really know where they found this character whom they introduced as a special Judge for the finals. I surely missed a minute of his introduction. Supree or any one else, please fill me in on who this guy is? Anyway, this special Judge looked a vaanaram without a tail and he had some weird mannerisms.. may be he thought what he was doing on the show was cool.. it was just so NOT! I mean.. the show with all its oddity, couldn't they find a popular judge for its finals? Only this show can even think of getting a special Judge like this odd creature.

The theme for this round was the "oldies". This show has no winners or losers, but they were all awarded scores on their performance - except Malvika who kept her scores in suspense. She would announce her scores only next week, so they can take care of all Kacha mucha things, when they decide to give out the titles. Anyway, all finalists will get to perform in the 2nd round as well.

First one to perform in the Duo round was Jack and Jill. Summa Pattaya kelapittanga, this pair. They danced for a medley of songs from the 70's and 80's. I was literally sitting with my mouth agape at their performance, song selection, costume and co-ordination. Wow.. Wow.. Wow!! They surely made up for their not-so-good performance last week. The guy looked almost like a yester year hero, dancing for all the disco songs from 70's and 80's. All 3 judges were in praise for the duo. They got the best scores. Malvika wished good luck to "Jack" to become a filmi hero soon!

Bala and Shalini were superb too! They came dressed as Shiva and Parvathi for the K.B.Sunderambal's song "Thaga Thaga Thaga Thagavena aadavaa, shiva sakthi odu aadavaa". The pair was pretty good.  Like Mels said before, they announced towards the end of the show, that Shalini got married recently - that too only after the Quarter finals. So, it looks like she must have been married less than 10 days ago. Her husband was there rooting for her team. It was so nice to see a Tamil husband being broad minded enough to let his wife dance with another male for the competition. Normally this kind of thing happening in Southern Tamilnadu is quite rare.

The Judges did not give very good scores to this pair. It's already quite clear that Bala and shalini are not going to be the winners. Bala really looked so paavam.. I really felt sorry for the guy. It was very brief,but I noticed when Shalini was admitting to the negative comments that the Judges were saying, he kept nudging Shalini not to admit that they did anything wrong. It was quite cute.. 😊 Even though they danced pretty well, Malvika was telling Shalini something like, "you got married and were busy and that's why you couldn't rehearse well for the dance" and so on. That just wasn't right. As far as I'm concerned, I think both the pairs (JJ, Bala/Shal) deserve to win the title.

It's quite obvious already, that Malvika and the other 2 comedians are going to pick J & J as the winners for this category, next week.

In the Team round, R Unit danced pretty well for a medley of old songs. They danced pretty well.

Amazing Dancers had 4 pairs in this round. They danced for the fun hit number "Hey Naadodi Naadodi" from Anbe Vaa movie. They danced pretty well too.. the highlight of their dance being the guy (I don't know his name, but he's the group's lead guy who is a Muslim) danced a awesome bit, just like Nagesh - the same kind of body language and face. It was just too good! 👏

Even though we have one more round to go, I have a strong feeling, Malvika and co are going to pick Amazing Dancers for winners, next week!

Solo round needs a separate post..

ginny007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Jenim,thanks for the updates..
I dont watch this show but juut read ur updates alone..n i come to this topic just to read ur comments...They are too good...waiting to read ur comments on the solo round...