Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jenim thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Finals Round 1 - Continued

In the solo round, Gopinath danced for "Vishwanathan Velai Venum" song from Kadhalikka Neramillai. He danced OK.. His dance didn't impress me all that much. Neither did it impress the Judges as much.

Anita danced her usual steps (the same ones we have seen her do a zillion times already in the previous rounds) for the Mama.. mama.. maama song. After her performance, the  special Judge (who looked like a complete nut case) ran upto her on the stage, congratulated / shook her hand saying her performance was "Mind BLASTING".. Jeez.. I've never heard that expression before.. although I think all he wanted to say was "Mind blowing", but he was not cool enough to say that. Malvika for all the **moneys worth** said "Oh Anita.. you didn't surprise me at all this time. You were just as super as usual". It was sema vazhisals. It's getting really too much. Even the hosts did their *money's worth* and told Anita, "Can you please give us ur beautiful smile?" and Anita did her Dracula/Female Vampire smile. It was too scary this time. Paarthu..Chinna kozhandhainga ellam bayappada poguthunga..

When the host Tanuja requested her to smile, Appadiye pathikittu vandhudhu enakku 😑 πŸ˜‘ Why do the Judges and hosts have to make it so obvious? Puke worthy stuff.

Then it was Samyukta. She came in a very classy white/silvery outfit with a veil on her head. It was just so appropriate for the record dance song by LR Easwari "Pattathu Rani Paarkum Parvai". Any one can tell that Samyukta's performance was the best on the show! She had moves very similar to the 60's dance numbers, great costume, unbelievably good choreography, lots of energy, she didn't falter even once and her song/dance was lengthier than any other contestant's. After her performance, the crowd also cheered her the most. But of course after her performance, Malvika did the same thing once again.. she said, "you lacked energy in your dance towards the end".. My Foot! It was a big white lie, being that Samyukta's dance was the most energetic. I don't know how all the Judges can just blatantly lie like this.. I mean don't they have any conscience? πŸ˜‘

The initial plan was to eliminate one solo contestant in this show and move only 2 contestants to Round 2. But after "some discussion", which actually looked like a lame setup between Judges, they announced that all 3 solo contestants will be competing in the 2nd round as well. Well.. y'all can guess who the winner is going to be.. but in my hearts going with her awesome performance every single time, Samyukta deserves to be the winner!

jenim thumbnail

Originally posted by: ginny007

Jenim,thanks for the updates..
I dont watch this show but juut read ur updates alone..n i come to this topic just to read ur comments...They are too good...waiting to read ur comments on the solo round...

Aww.. Ginny.. that was so sweet of you! Thank you!
After typing my *pretty* lengthy updates, it feels good to be appreciated! πŸ˜ƒ

supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenim

02/16 "Final" Show - Round 1 - An update

On this show, the viewers were in for a couple of surprises. Also it is very clear now that this show make up their rules on the fly, as they go from week to week. There's no clear structure and they keep modifying rules and rounds to suit the whims and fancies of those who pull strings.

Wellsaid Jenim! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Previously they made us think that this show would be the last, where they would announce the winners. It was not! This show was just the 1st Round, as I mentioned y'day. There is the 2nd round next week. Hopefully then, Malvika would announce the super dancer(s) in each category.

The 2nd suprise was that they brought the crowd favorite Samyukta, back on the show to compete in the finals in the Solo round. She did not get the Wild card or anything previously and so it's a mystery how they suddenly decided to bring her back. May be, it was the Kumudam article, Meli. I really didn't get a chance to read that article. Meli.. if you know whether it is Kumudam or Reporter, will you kindly tell me which dated issue is this? I would love to hear some one else thrashing this show for all its bias. Anyway, it felt really nice to see Samyu back, giving her best ever performance.

I too would love to read the article... So please Mels, fill in 😊

The 3rd surprise was that - we were told previously that there are solo and Teams category. That's why I kept saying that there were 4 people competing in the Team category. They revised the categories and now there are 3 - Solo, Duet and Team.

The Finalists:

Solo contestants - Samyukta, Gopinath (spring hair), Anita 😑
Duet Contestants - Jack & Jill, Rhythm Beats (Bala & Shalini)
Team - R Unit, Beat Meets

They brought a 3rd Judge in. I don't really know where they found this character whom they introduced as a special Judge for the finals. I surely missed a minute of his introduction. Supree or any one else, please fill me in on who this guy is? Anyway, this special Judge looked a vaanaram without a tail and he had some weird mannerisms.. may be he thought what he was doing on the show was cool.. it was just so NOT! I mean.. the show with all its oddity, couldn't they find a popular judge for its finals? Only this show can even think of getting a special Judge like this odd creature.

100% correct Jenim. He is a real Loosu and sariyana 'Bhoom bhoom', to repeat what Malvikha said to Samyuktha's performance... Lack of energy?!! 😑What? Can't he have eyes on his own?! 😑 πŸ˜•  When he went and did a hand -shake to that 'Anita'  and while giving out comments for the same stupid, as 'Intha mathiri expression-a Naan parthathe illai?!!! 😑 Athanala 10 points!! I was really 😑😑😭  BTW, Jenim... this third guy (judge) is 'Cool' Jayanth , a dance master in the film industry.. that's what they said in the introduction round... Pesama... 'Loosu' Jayanth-nu introduce panni irukkalam, athuthan nalla poruththama irunthirukkum... πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ

The theme for this round was the "oldies". This show has no winners or losers, but they were all awarded scores on their performance - except Malvika who kept her scores in suspense. She would announce her scores only next week, so they can take care of all Kacha mucha things, when they decide to give out the titles. Anyway, all finalists will get to perform in the 2nd round as well.

First one to perform in the Duo round was Jack and Jill. Summa Pattaya kelapittanga, this pair. They danced for a medley of songs from the 70's and 80's. I was literally sitting with my mouth agape at their performance, song selection, costume and co-ordination. Wow.. Wow.. Wow!! They surely made up for their not-so-good performance last week. The guy looked almost like a yester year hero, dancing for all the disco songs from 70's and 80's. All 3 judges were in praise for the duo. They got the best scores. Malvika wished good luck to "Jack" to become a filmi hero soon!

Bala and Shalini were superb too! They came dressed as Shiva and Parvathi for the K.B.Sunderambal's song "Thaga Thaga Thaga Thagavena aadavaa, shiva sakthi odu aadavaa". The pair was pretty good.  Like Mels said before, they announced towards the end of the show, that Shalini got married recently - that too only after the Quarter finals. So, it looks like she must have been married less than 10 days ago. Her husband was there rooting for her team. It was so nice to see a Tamil husband being broad minded enough to let his wife dance with another male for the competition. Normally this kind of thing happening in Southern Tamilnadu is quite rare.

The Judges did not give very good scores to this pair. It's already quite clear that Bala and shalini are not going to be the winners. Bala really looked so paavam.. I really felt sorry for the guy. It was very brief,but I noticed when Shalini was admitting to the negative comments that the Judges were saying, he kept nudging Shalini not to admit that they did anything wrong. It was quite cute.. 😊 Even though they danced pretty well, Malvika was telling Shalini something like, "you got married and were busy and that's why you couldn't rehearse well for the dance" and so on. That just wasn't right. As far as I'm concerned, I think both the pairs (JJ, Bala/Shal) deserve to win the title.

It's quite obvious already, that Malvika and the other 2 comedians are going to pick J & J as the winners for this category, next week.

In the Team round, R Unit danced pretty well for a medley of old songs. They danced pretty well.

Beat Meets had 4 pairs in this round. They danced for the fun hit number "Hey Naadodi Naadodi" from Anbe Vaa movie. They danced pretty well too.. the highlight of their dance being the guy (I don't know his name, but he's the group's lead guy who is a Muslim) danced a awesome bit, just like Nagesh - the same kind of body language and face. It was just too good! πŸ‘

Even though we have one more round to go, I have a strong feeling, Malvika and co are going to pick Beat Meets for winners, next week!

Solo round needs a separate post..

Agree with you on everything you had mentioned ...Jenim. Though I felt very happy to see Samyuktha this weekend, I feel very sad that after using her for 1-2 weeks again they are going to announce her, not as a winner and pick that Loosu, 'Atta nayaki' (mannangkatti-😑!) as a winner.😑 πŸ˜‘

But, in a way, we all got to enjoy 2 more bonus rounds of her excellent performance...PLUS like she (Samyuktha) had mentioned this is an opportunity for her to show her real talent...πŸ‘ πŸ‘  (and too prove more on the 'Kakka' (Malvikha & Co) gang's stupidtity!!πŸ˜† to the viewers...πŸ‘ πŸ‘ )

That Gopinath's performance too didn't impress me from the beginning...  don;t know what made Malvikha to favor him! πŸ˜•  I too strongly feel that Samyuktha should be the Winner as she truely has the talent!  No matter what happens next week, we really admire your talent... 😊. Kudos to you Samyutha!!.πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Edited by supree - 16 years ago
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i finally managed to catch the programme this weekend!

Finals Round 1 - Continued

In the solo round, Gopinath danced for "Vishwanathan Velai Venum" song from Kadhalikka Neramillai. He danced OK.. His dance didn't impress me all that much. Neither did it impress the Judges as much.

Anita danced her usual steps (the same ones we have seen her do a zillion times already in the previous rounds) for the Mama.. mama.. maama song. After her performance, the  special Judge (who looked like a complete nut case) ran upto her on the stage, congratulated / shook her hand saying her performance was "Mind BLASTING".. Jeez.. I've never heard that expression before.. although I think all he wanted to say was "Mind blowing", but he was not cool enough to say that. Malvika for all the **moneys worth** said "Oh Anita.. you didn't surprise me at all this time. You were just as super as usual". It was sema vazhisals. It's getting really too much. Even the hosts did their *money's worth* and told Anita, "Can you please give us ur beautiful smile?" and Anita did her Dracula/Female Vampire smile. It was too scary this time. Paarthu..Chinna kozhandhainga ellam bayappada poguthunga..

When the host Tanuja requested her to smile, Appadiye pathikittu vandhudhu enakku 😑 πŸ˜‘ Why do the Judges and hosts have to make it so obvious? Puke worthy stuff.\

absolutely puke worthy.  i dont know if she had done the same steps in earlier episodes, but she repeated herself so much.  who is this chik that seems to be a hot favourite?? she is neither good looking or a dancer extraorinaire!!  she was just mediocre!!!  why are the judges so in love with her??? it was obvious!!!

Then it was Samyukta. She came in a very classy white/silvery outfit with a veil on her head. It was just so appropriate for the record dance song by LR Easwari "Pattathu Rani Paarkum Parvai". Any one can tell that Samyukta's performance was the best on the show! She had moves very similar to the 60's dance numbers, great costume, unbelievably good choreography, lots of energy, she didn't falter even once and her song/dance was lengthier than any other contestant's. After her performance, the crowd also cheered her the most. But of course after her performance, Malvika did the same thing once again.. she said, "you lacked energy in your dance towards the end".. My Foot! It was a big white lie, being that Samyukta's dance was the most energetic. I don't know how all the Judges can just blatantly lie like this.. I mean don't they have any conscience? πŸ˜‘

they did comment on her energy...and the contestant agreed.  i was more angry at that...wished she had denied saying she felt she was okay throughout the performance...  looks like this chick is out in the next episode. that mediocre one with buck teeth who "mind blasted" the judge and the boy will come in i think!!!

The initial plan was to eliminate one solo contestant in this show and move only 2 contestants to Round 2. But after "some discussion", which actually looked like a lame setup between Judges, they announced that all 3 solo contestants will be competing in the 2nd round as well. Well.. y'all can guess who the winner is going to be.. but in my hearts going with her awesome performance every single time, Samyukta deserves to be the winner!

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Jenim for the wonderful review/update πŸ‘ - loved your comment πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Well, they didnt wrote about the judges or the mess, just a small arcticle where they mentioned Anitha talked a lot about her whole family, but left out talking about her sister who is none other than comdy time Archana.Everybody says she come to the finale cause of her sister (which is 100% true 😑 )

Jenim/supree - date of the issue is 13-02-08 and its kumudam πŸ˜‰

Supree - nice and adapted name for Anitha "mannankatti" πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

The joker of the year would be Anita if she wins the title and Malavika is a big shame to underestimate those who really did a good job, her comments should not involve anyones personal life n herself had lacked energy on that miss contest 😑 (btw, did u guys watch that πŸ˜‰ )
Chinna master n that yerke of a guestjudge - maybe they should learn dance to poeple like Sam anderson n anithaπŸ˜† πŸ˜†
jenim thumbnail

Supree.. thanks for your comments.
So, ivan dhan Cool Jeyanth aa? Romba..... kevalam  🀒

So, it was sheer coincidence that in my post I kept saying that whatever the special Judge said and did, was not cool at all. πŸ˜ƒ
Loosu Jayanth, idha vida avanukku suit aagara peru yaarum kudukka mudiyadhu..  Avanum, avan mannerisms um.

Yeah Supree, this way we'll get to see Samyu's talented performance once again, in Round 2. So, it seems like she struck middle ground, that even though she knows that she most likely wouldn't be picked winner, all the viewers would "know" about the foul play in selecting winner. Irundhaalum I have a nappaasai - may be, just may be there's a chance that the *force* will stop all this bias/favoring business and select the winner, based on merit. Hmmm.. kadaseela nappaasai yaave poyida pogudhu. 😭

jenim thumbnail

Hey Jas..

Oru vazhiya show va kadaseela pathuttel pola irukku!! Adhuke ungalukku oru πŸ‘

Yeah.. the buck toothed princess Anita is none other than "Comedy Time" Archana's sister (Hope you know who Archana is.. she's a SunTV "celebrity"). The very first time when they showed the reality bit on Anita, I had guessed that stuff, b'cos they showed Archana's baby Zaara. That could be the only reason why Anita even got as far as the Prelims. You are very correct.. she is definitely not *any* material, let alone winning stuff!

My other guess is that, Archana after her baby is doing full time event management stuff. My gut feeling is that her EM company is the one handling all the work for the SuperDancer show and therefore every one is obliged to favor her and sister.

Jas.. I can guess why Samyu didn't retort and was kind of submissive to comments about her lack of energy, from the Judges. As she very diplomatically put it in the beginning of the show in the reality bit, she's very happy to be back on the show, so she gets a chance to showcase her talents again. Samyukta was eliminated in the previous week b'cos they had to "make" Anita, win every single round to push her to the finals.

Couple of weeks ago, there was another girl Anuradha who competed against Anita BTooth. As is customary, when the other girl was eliminated (against Anita) and was cited lack of energy as the reason, she stood up for herself and snubbed the Judges, a little too politely πŸ‘ . Malvika didn't like that and asked Anu to leave, right in the midst of announcing the winners for that day.

So may be from that, our Samyukta learnt a lesson or two. Even though she didn't speak up for herself, I think what she did was tactful, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see her perform in the Round 2 of finals and she would've truly lost her last chance (although the chances are about the size of a peanut) to win. I think all 3 would be performing next week which is the finale, but only one winner is going to be picked out of the three. And of course no prizes for guessing who that winner might be!

jenim thumbnail

Thank you Mels. I've also been using this as a means to post my grievances on this show  😊
Glad that some of you guys are reading my comments.

What you said is exactly what I was thinking when I saw Malvika dance on the Miss. India show. By the time, she was on to the 2nd song, she was just bumming around. It looked so poor. And it's not just this show, every single dance that I see of hers on stage, like the show in Malaysia - she doesn't perfectly finish her steps at all. Like Mumtaz says on MM2, if there's a 1-2-3-4 in each step, Malvika will just do a 1-2-3 and go on to the next step, without nicely finishing her prev step. So, her steps won't look perfect at all.

Malvika's dance skill is quite mediocre, I would think. She generally wears costumes that are revealing (she does have a heavy top) and is always uncomfortable even when she has to slightly bend for some dance moves. Even my Mom noticed this one time and said, why is she appearing on stage shows wearing such stuff that doesn't actually permit her to dance properly? And now with this kind of dance skill set, she is actually sitting and dissing talented people about their dance movements in SuperDancer show.
Ellam Neram 😑

Thanks Mels for the Kumudam article info.. But I couldn't locate that article online. I really wish some mag like Kumudam or Aval Vikatan will rip this show into pieces, and will bring to light how some of the talented people have been kicked out, to favor some others who don't deserve to win.

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My goddddd... jenim. Thanks for the updates and remarks. Samyukta back??? πŸ˜• Wish they had brought back the other gal too (i forgot her name) Anuradha i think...

Seriously, we all know who is going to be the solo winner 😑 Gosh, im goin to watch it this week. Not goin to miss it 😑
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hey Jas..

Oru vazhiya show va kadaseela pathuttel pola irukku!! Adhuke ungalukku oru πŸ‘

manage pannittaen...aanaal mudalendhu parthaen (kadi)πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yeah.. the buck toothed princess Anita is none other than "Comedy Time" Archana's sister (Hope you know who Archana is.. she's a SunTV "celebrity"). The very first time when they showed the reality bit on Anita, I had guessed that stuff, b'cos they showed Archana's baby Zaara. That could be the only reason why Anita even got as far as the Prelims. You are very correct.. she is definitely not *any* material, let alone winning stuff!

oh i have seen archana...that comedy time hostess with chiti babu.  the buck toothed chick is no good.  it is a shame that this girl has come so far in the rounds.  they may as well have handed the prize to her...at least of us will be saved of being grouches and the time and effort of the other actually good contestants would not have been wasted!!

My other guess is that, Archana after her baby is doing full time event management stuff. My gut feeling is that her EM company is the one handling all the work for the SuperDancer show and therefore every one is obliged to favor her and sister.

Jas.. I can guess why Samyu didn't retort and was kind of submissive to comments about her lack of energy, from the Judges. As she very diplomatically put it in the beginning of the show in the reality bit, she's very happy to be back on the show, so she gets a chance to showcase her talents again. Samyukta was eliminated in the previous week b'cos they had to "make" Anita, win every single round to push her to the finals.

Couple of weeks ago, there was another girl Anuradha who competed against Anita BTooth. As is customary, when the other girl was eliminated (against Anita) and was cited lack of energy as the reason, she stood up for herself and snubbed the Judges, a little too politely πŸ‘ . Malvika didn't like that and asked Anu to leave, right in the midst of announcing the winners for that day.

So may be from that, our Samyukta learnt a lesson or two. Even though she didn't speak up for herself, I think what she did was tactful, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see her perform in the Round 2 of finals and she would've truly lost her last chance (although the chances are about the size of a peanut) to win. I think all 3 would be performing next week which is the finale, but only one winner is going to be picked out of the three. And of course no prizes for guessing who that winner might be!

this is absolutely sick!!!  it is just as bad as farah khan judging a music show...when she does not even know the finer aspects of singing!!