Frequent Posters

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
im definetely not going to miss this. N will definetely post my opinion then 😉
jenim thumbnail
Netra.. I know you will.. gal 😆 😉

But, please watch it with an open mind. Don't be influenced by our comments. 'Cos if you already expect to see all these things, it wouldn't have the same kind of impact, this show had on us. Also we want to see exactly how "you" felt 😉

jenim thumbnail

Update on 02/02 show:

This show had some interesting (and some biased) parts. The politics is getting more and more going into the Semi-finals.

Today was the first part of the semi-finals. Two contestants from Solo and two from the Teams competed. The first part of the show is "Property round" - when the contestants have to dance for the song with props. The second round was rather interesting, when the contestants have to dance for part of a song that will just be picked by Malvika. This is supposed to be difficult b'cos the contestants wouldn't know what song it is, so no rehearsals etc., 

And to make it more complicated, during the song, Malvika will keep adjusting the tempo of the song from normal to fast to slow to very fast and the contestants should adjust their steps accordingly. While this is somewhat easy for the solo dancers to do it, you can imagine how difficult it would've been for the teams to manage this, b'cos they have to co-ordinate the moves between all team dancers without any rehearsals.

In the solo round it was the cute Samyukta against the "Celebrity sister" Anita Chandok. No prizes for guessing who the winner would have been 😡 😡

Samyukta got a lot of props. She danced for "Om shanti Om shanti" Prabhu Deva's song from the movie VIP, if I'm not mistaken. She danced well, she even had a theme for her song - the day of a professional from dawn to night - from when she wakes up in the morning till she goes to bed in the night. The only thing was, she had too many props and the set looked very busy with all that. Poor thing..even though she did a great job, too many props acted against her favor.

In the second round, Samyukta got the Sirichu sirichu vanda song from Vasool Raja MBBS. She did an amazing job, switching her dance from slow, to fast and what not, according to the beat. It was very nice to watch.

And then was Anita Chandok - Even when she was introduced by the hosts, they had given her a title "Folk Rani" as in "Folk Queen". They had not bestowed on any other team or contestant any such title so far. It looks like, she "took care" of everybody. I mean if they just do this to one contestant, it looks so odd. At least, to make it real, do it to at least one other person, so it starts looking genuine. 😡

Another thing is, if I ever get a chance, the first thing I would do is to strangle a friend of Anita's they show in the reality bit. 😡 She totally goes overboard with flattery for Anita. I mean, e-v-e-r-y single time! Gosh.. She must be doing some kind of Anita worshipping. You've gotta watch it to believe it.

To get her the winning title (which apparently seems to have been decided already, regardless of how she danced) she gave some speech about how her obesity problem was solved by dancing. Today and in the last week's show,  I believe she got more air time than any other contestant in the "Reality" bit. It looked like the show was all about her and they wanted to make her winning look convincing, so they were trying to create pathos showing a picture of her when she was obese and how skinny she is now, after all the "dancing".

For the prop round, she danced for some Fusion music. She got very few props - one is a pole that bar dancers use. She used that prop for exactly one second. In fact, she barely used any prop she got. Again, her dance was complete with many repititive steps that we had seen in her performances before.

For the second round with the unexpected/ "supposedly" unrehearsed song, any viewer with average intelligence could tell that Anita was already notified (or perhaps she was the one that gave them the music of her pick to play) of the song/music and of course she had rehearsed and danced according to tempo. At the end of her performance, you can compare what Chinna master and Malvika said to the Thamizh pazhamozhi "Enga appan kudhirukulla illai". For those of you know what it means, you would've got my point. They both kept saying, "Oh.. your peformance was just too good, it even looks like you had perfectly rehearsed for the song, even though the song was our pick at the moment". I was like, "Whatever.. just give her the title and be done with it. And spare viewers like me, from all the drama".

Next week, there's another semi final round - and the solo competition is going to be between two boys. In the finals, the week after next, it is going to be the winner from next week (the boy) against Anita. Again, it's any one's guess, who the winner is going to be! It is  😆 😡 for me, at the same time.

Too long post this one, so my next post's on the Team round.

Edited by jenim - 16 years ago
jenim thumbnail

Anyway, moving on to the Team round.
First, it was Amazing Dancers. They danced with extremely beautiful prop for a movie's theme music. I didn't recognize the music. Their prop was very visual and eye-catchy. They tied one end of yellow and red half sarees to a girl's skirt and held the other end in their hands and did some amazing slow piece of dance. It was really very arty.

For the second round with unprepared song, they got the "Appadi podu" song. And Wow O Wow.. theirs was just too good. The lead dancer (it was the Muslim boy, can't remember his name), he started doing the steps - and with the beats changing, every one else would just follow him. It was so good and funny at the same time.

The second contestant in the team round was the "R Unit". The reason why I have them in both Red and green, I'll explain later. They started the prop round with some really good gigantic prop, like a race car set (not sure though). But that's all! They did fantastic dancing for a English song with very different costume (they must have spent lots on the prop and costume) but I didn't see any use of props during the song at all. But gotta give it to them for their style, once again. It was almost like watching those very skilled dancers in the streets of NewYork city. The same kind of costume, dancing and so on..I was really surprised!

For the unexpected song round, they did quite good as well. The light skinned guy with his brow pierced is the lead dancer and every one else would follow his steps. In this round, both teams act was comparable. The only thing against R Unit would have been the very, very, very minimal use of props.

When Malvika announced the winner for solo round, you should have seen the beautiful Samyukta's face. Poor thing, she was so red and angry. She had a long face which she turned away when they zoomed in on her face. I mean Malvika could have saved herself some pride, by not judging on shows like this...When you are not actually judging fairly, but just doing what the producers/whoever else ask you to do.. you look so LOW!

With the winners of the Team round, I think the Judges wanted to give it to Amazing Dancers. But there seems to have been a lot of fight coming from R Unit. They edited/muted out lots of arguments between R Unit's lead guy and Chinna Master, but you could tell there was a great deal of argument. So, in the end, it looked totally silly when Malvika said, the team "Amazing Dancers" is the winner for this round, but "R Unit" also gets a chance to participate in the finals. Now you know, why I have them in both Red and green colors 😉

So, what does that tell you about this show? That they are bending rules or they don't have any rules? What-ever! I'm losing interest after watching so much politics going on a simple dance show like this. Are they even getting any cash prize? Does any one know?

netra_rama thumbnail
Jenim thanks for this week info 😉

Well, i manage to watch last sat. Im sooooo 😡 😡

First of all, i did't like the dress Malavika wore. She did't look nice on dat.

Jenim, i really enjoyed Anuradha's dance. Potte takku song she did, her steps were superb and expressions were excellent 👏 But i was shocked 😲 😲 with Malavika remark. Who asked her to be the judge 😡 Lack of energy 😡 😡 What was wrong with Anu energy? She was the only one danced with full energy 😕 . But seriously, i respect her when she said no to the wild round 👏 👏 👏 I wud have done the same. There is no point in caming back. Not worth at all. And Malavika face just died when Anu said no 😆 . And Malavika was rude in asking her to leave right away 😡 😡 She is only supposed to be the judge. My sis-in-law said she's got no right to ask Anu to leave right then 😡

And the other girl Anita, she was good but nothing compare to Anu. Anita - i felt lack of expression and seriously, i can smell money in this episode 😡 Edited by netra_rama - 16 years ago
supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Jenim... I was trying to come to this thread to see what you had to say about this episode. Again, you got it right.... 100% 👏 👏

I felt 😡 😡 and it was so awkward, when the hosts added all that extra lines... Folk Rani..blah, blah..chei. Also did you notice Jenim?!, Dhanuja said this about this girl Anitha... 'Ovoru thadayavaiyum ehovathu pudusa seinchi asaithitte varanga... ippa enna seiyarangannu pakkalam Vaanga'...I am like...What the ?!! 😕 😲 As far as I remember, she didn't do any such thing...not even once!

Also in their final comments... Neenga rombha sariya sonneenga Jenim... 'Enga Appan Kuthurukkulae illai...' 👏 😃 Aiyooo Kadavulae... Ithula, Anitha Sariya props use pannatha vera sonnanga! Ennaik ketta Samyuktha Ekapatta props kondu vanthathoda mattum illa, all the time, thru out her song... she had one or the other props in her hand/using it. Where as Anitha, before she picked up those 2 sticks for the last part, danced for few minutes WITHOUT ANY PROPS!! Atha Enge poi solla?!

In the last part... judgement, I too noticed that there must have been a heavy argument... between the groups... but wasn't sure. Now your words confirms that..(Good it wasn't only me then!) I was thinking, may be it's only me - 'Arandava Kannukku Irundathellam Pei' kanakka!! 😆 😃

But I really enjoyed the Unexpected song dance, in 3 speeds by those 2 Groups dancers... That was really Amazing... and mind blowing!! Kudos to both the Group dance teams for that! 👏 👏 😊

jenim thumbnail
Netra ..Thanks for posting what you think and for sharing our 😡 😡 at the show.

Yeah.. Malvika couldn't take it when Anu said to her face politely yet confidently, I'm not coming back for the wild card. Whenever I think of what Anu said, I cheer her upbringing. I would definitely want my daughter to be raised that way to speak up for herself and to be bold and confident!

Malvika as her pride would have it, she had to have the last word and therefore said "You could leave right now"! Like she's a Queen sitting in her throne and ordering Anu out.. Big Deal.. Who cares? Anyway, thankfully they didn't edit out what Anuradha had to say and that was a nice snub to Malvika/Directors of the show pointing out their dirty deed!
jenim thumbnail
Supree..

Romba thanks ma.. I was waiting to see what you had to say as well 😊
See.. I don't have anyone to chat with about this show, and so I polambufy here and it's nice to share what we think. Glad that our observations are similar 😃 Thanks for posting your views, especially the chiey 😆

Yeah.. I noticed that Tanuja saying Anita does everything different. So irritating that was! Did you notice, they didn't go on and on like this celebrating other contestants, the same way they have been praising Anita?
You are right! So far, she has NOT done anything different in her dance, even her dance steps/movements have been quite repititive, in fact.

And the other thing about the props..
Malvika said when announcing the winner, we are looking for both dance and Props. She said something like, if there's too many props and not that much dance, they can't be the winner. In any case, Samyu "danced" as well with the props. And Anita hardly touched the props, except towards the very end.

Now, had it been the reverse with Anita and Samyukta - i.e. if it had been that Anita had too many props and Samyu had too little, I'm sure Malvika would've said the exact opposite, we can only pick the winner based on props b'cos round is a "Prop" round and therefore Anita is the winner! It doesn't matter to them.. they will come up with whatever reason they want to make Anita the winnner in every round. 😡

What makes this sad is the fact, that the other Solo contestants in this show go thro lots of rehearsals and nicely choreograph their dance wasting their time. They put so much efforts taking this seriously and the thing is, if they lose to a fair game it's fine, but even viewers like us can see what's going on this show and we are frustrated watching it. Imagine how heart breaking it will be for the kids, to be eliminated b'cos of bias/favoritism. It's just not healthy. Why show this on an International channel? It's so shady! SunTV, producers of the show, the Judges and not to mention, Anita - all look in very poor light!

If I could, I would write to some place to point out these things, so everyone can see what's happening, in case they missed catching it on the show itself. That's really how irritated I am!

jenim thumbnail

Update on show : 02/09

This week had two boys competing against each other and two teams against each other to go to the finals. Had two rounds like last week - Props and Ex-tempo.

The first one in the Solo round was Gopinath. This is the guy with bouncy, spring like gelled hair. His dance was again kind of slow like his earlier performances, but his umbrella prop was quite good. In the 2nd round Ex-tempo with the music going fast and slow, he was just OK. But in any case, Malvika and Chinna master have always favored him and so he was the chosen one to go to the finals.

The 2nd solo contestant was Dhileep. This is the dusky "Manmadhan" guy who is so innocent and has the southern charm. This poor guy had a lot of props and according to the Judges that got in the way of his dancing. I just felt so bad for him, as he even admitted to everything Malvika was complaining about, he even said "Sorry" to Malvika. That was so sad. I think he got too overwhelmed and wanted to give a terrific performance with unique props. He had something like large matchsticks tied to his arm which he lit fire to, towards the end of his performance, but that ended up annoying Malvika.

But Dhileep did very very very well in the 2nd round. His dancing was so unbelievable with varied steps, but they wouldn't select him. In my opinion, Dhileep's performance was better than Gopinath's. In any case, I have a strong feeling, it's going to be Anita who's going to be awarded the winning Title next week(against Gopinath). So, the winner for this week really doesn't matter.

The Teams:

It was Rhythm Beats (Bala & Shalini) against Jack and Jill. The Judges had the upcoming Valentine's day on mind and gave a romantic theme to the pairs. Malvika had been favoring J & J from the very beginning, so it was a no-brainer that JJ will be the winner this time. And so they were!

JJ danced OK, but in the props round, they hardly had any props at all. In fact, I can't recollect that they danced with any prop through out the song, except something they did just once during the song. But, they did pretty well in the 2nd round (ex-tempo). The girl Jill is a better dancer than Jack, and the boy Jack is a better "looker" than Jill. Anyway together, they make a good pair.

Rhythm Beats (Bala & Shalini) danced so well for the song.. "Kaala kaalamaga vazhum kadhulukku engal arpanam" song from Punnagai Mannan. This used to be my fav song growing up. They made very good use of the props. They got two gigantic tooth brushes and did a good job with it, dancing. I definitely think Bala shalini danced better than JJ (who had very very few props). Bala Shalini also did a terrific job in the Ex-tempo round - although Malvika would only pick JJ as the winner.

When Malvika got on stage to announce the winners, it was just as I had guessed. Dileep looked so sad, but he was quite sportive that he stayed on till the very end, when Malvika would dance her bit. Malvika did a surprise act of again giving the wildcard "Heart" to Bala and Shalini. So, it looks like there are going to be 4 pairs in the Final Team round (R Unit, Beat Meets, Rhythm Beats, Jack & Jill) and 2 solo contestants (Anita and Gopinath) next week - that is, unless Malvika changes her mind and comes up with something new, before the show starts, next week.

netra_rama thumbnail
Thanks Jenim, i was really waiting for ur info 😛 😉