ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Chirag Paswan talks about his Bollywood dreams

Politician Ram Vilas Paswan's son Chirag while celebrating his birthday party also announced his plans to enter Bollywood on Wednesday, October 31 at a Mumbai star hotel. We caught up with the 25-year-old green eyed newcomer for a brief tete-a-tete.

Was it Riteish Deshmukh's success in Bollywood that made you choose this profession instead of Politics?

I dreamt of being a star since I was a child and I love to act. I am well educated and could have opted for other things too but I wanted to be an actor as I was very much attracted to the glamour industry. It is all about dreams and ambitions. I have my dream and I am starting to work towards it. Even Ritesh had to work hard for himself to make his mark as a talented actor. I am also willing to put in my best and I am sure that I will do well.

Whom were you inspired by?

There are a lot of good actors in Bollywood I am inspired from. I want to have each quality from all these superb people. I learn from every person I meet and come across in my life and everybody from the film industry inspires me a lot.

Do you think that being a noted politician's son will be of an advantage?

No, I don't think that this will help me and I also don't want this to happen. I will prove myself. I don't want to be recognized as my father's son. I will be making an identity of my own.

So will politics also remain an option for you in the near future?

Why are you considering that I will not make a mark in Bollywood? I am not considering anything as an option because I have faith in myself. I know that I have the ability to prove myself and I will do that. But at the same time I would like to say that politics is my strongest point as I have a very strong base in it. The only reason I want to get into Bollywood is to fulfill my childhood dream.

When are you getting launched officially then?

I will be launched by Anuj Saxena's production company Maverick Productions. But we are still working on the script and everything will be finalized in the coming year. Auditions are being carried out for choosing the lead actress and other actors in the film. Chances are a fresh new face will be signed opposite me.

Thursday, November 01, 2007