Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b4begin thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
That's very good of Vishal Sekhar and I am happy for Raja. He truely deserves it.
trishancku thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
One more thing to be noted is, it is the producer or director who is the ultimate authority on whether to keep a song in his movie, or that particular version of the song, or the version of the song recorded by different singers.

Recent events can be referred to support the above argument and one of which was the Jhoom barabar jhoom fiasco when Daler Mehendi went to town screaming about how Shankar's version of the title song was preferred over his version.

It is reported that Monty singh MD of Sawaariya had recorded 24 songs and it was brought down to 10 or something at the insistence of the director SLB,

I also recently read that one of the leading directors asked to keep a Mahalaxmi iyer version of a song in his movie rejecting those recorded in Shreya & Sunidhi's voices.

So anything can  happen & unhappen in the big bad world of Bollywood.
RonnySingh thumbnail
Awesome guys....Thanks for sharing the great news about RAJA πŸ˜›
Barnali thumbnail
Trishanku i would like to add something here....the song that Shekhar is talking about is the title song for some movie "De Taali" and in that they are trying to rope in Sumedha as the female voice.So we can take it that this song is there for sure.

But one more point i would like to add here. Shekhar refuted that Raja is singing song in Bhootnath. he mentioned about "De Taali" where they are making him sing for the time being.
kabhi_21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trishanku3

One more thing to be noted is, it is the producer or director who is the ultimate authority on whether to keep a song in his movie, or that particular version of the song, or the version of the song recorded by different singers.

Recent events can be referred to support the above argument and one of which was the Jhoom barabar jhoom fiasco when Daler Mehendi went to town screaming about how Shankar's version of the title song was preferred over his version.

It is reported that Monty singh MD of Sawaariya had recorded 24 songs and it was brought down to 10 or something at the insistence of the director SLB,

I also recently read that one of the leading directors asked to keep a Mahalaxmi iyer version of a song in his movie rejecting those recorded in Shreya & Sunidhi's voices.

So anything can  happen & unhappen in the big bad world of Bollywood.

I would like to add...... himesh always has a bank of 300 songs from which he allocates some at the insistence of directorsπŸ˜†

trishancku thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Here is the piece on Mahalaxmi iyer mentioned by me earlier:

Mahalaxmi Iyer replaces Sunidhi & Shreya
By MIO Team
Oct 04, 2007, 11:41

Sunidhi Chauhan and Shreya Ghaoshal may be bigger singers than Mahalaxmi Iyer, but they were not in the best of forms to impress Aditya Chopra. Dissatisfied with their rendition Adi roped in Mahalaxmi Iyer to do the part. The song in question was the romantic number 'Zara Gunguna Lein Chalo', picturised on Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukerji, in Pradeep Sarkar's 'Laaga Chunari Mein Daag'. It is a soothing number but its making certainly was a horrendous task!

The duet had several changes of female playback singers, as Adi is a taskmaster when it comes to the music of his films and wanted the perfect voice to match Rani's histrionics on screen. Mahalaxmi Iyer and Babul Supriyo have rendered the song now but prior to Mahalaxmi, Sunidhi and Shreya had recorded the same track. Music composer Shantanu Moitra had to record the song with the various singers till Chopra found Mahalaxmi's voice suitable. Sunidhi crooned the track first and later by Shreya but Adi was not impressed with the melody in their voice. Sunidhi and Shreya have rendered other tracks in the film 'Hum To Aise Hain' and 'Kachchi Kaliyaan'.

Composer Moitra admits, "Yes, Sunidhi and Shreya had rendered Zara Gunguna Lein Chalo. But in a film, things are different from a music album and voice matching with the actor is vital. As shoots are done is sync sound, this becomes even more important. Sunidhi and Shreya may have sung other tracks in the film, but for Zara Gunguna Lein Chalo it was a collective decision to pencil in Mahalaxmi as her voice best suited Rani Mukerji on this particular track."

'Zara Gunguna Lein Chalo' has lyrics by Swanand Kirkire and was picturised in Europe in May. It is the first time Abhishek is doing a romantic track with Rani after his marriage to Aishwarya Rai and there is lots of curious factor about the number.

You can hear to the lovely songs of 'Laaga Chunari Mein Daag', Right Here

Copyright 2007 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

Source: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/2384/
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabhi_21

I am not surprised to read what the article said about NRIs..... well I have met many people here who would not like to hear to aneek but would surely love to hear raja throughout the evening..... even i said on many threads that raja reminds me of sonu as sonu performs on stage.... he is the best performer in the lot for stage shows so its natural for organisers to ask for raja only evening.... afterall they are paying money....

the C 2005 concert here was a mass failure with half of the crowd back out of the hall half way.... same will happen here with aneek given prominance.... rather i m doubtful of people going for concert....

while raja concerts would be a mass success, aneek concerts can have moderate success 😊

Well, again may be you spoke only to Raja fans who feel that way.😊 Actually, if you would really like to know, recently when a group of NRI's was asked here who of the lot they would prefer to hear to- the unanimous opinion of that group was Mauli, Harpreet and Junaid. The senior lot preferred Amaanat, Musarrat and Aneek. and a few wanted Raja included as well. So you see from place to place, time to time , age to age opinions can vary.

But if I report it as the the voice of all NRI's  and go post in some blog I don't think would not be fair on any of them. The author of the original article is a die hard fan of Raja it seems. So its quite obvious which way the scale would tilt.😊

And since we haven't yet watched a concert of theirs yet(Aneek/Mauli was not their in the Surat one) ,it will not be fair to judge who can rock or who can't.Time will tell.

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
kabhi_21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: advil

Well, again may be you spoke only to Raja fans who feel that way.😊 Actually, if you would really like to know, recently when a group of NRI's was asked here who of the lot they would prefer to hear to- the unanimous opinion of that group was Mauli, Harpreet and Junaid. The senior lot preferred Amaanat, Musarrat and Aneek. and a few wanted Raja included as well. So you see from place to place, time to time , age to age opinions can vary.

But if I report it as the the voice of all NRI's  and go post in some blog I don't think would not be fair on any of them. The author of the original article is a die hard fan of Raja it seems. So its quite obvious which way the scale would tilt.😊

And since we haven't yet watched a concert of theirs yet(Aneek/Mauli was not their in the Surat one) ,it will not be fair to judge who can rock or who can't.Time will tell.

yes ou are right..... so some organisers may ask for only raja concert or raja to be included, which is what article says..... it doesnt say that all the organisers said so😊

Jazzzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: advil

if you dont me asking, when and how was this poll conducted that NRI's unanimously voted that they wanted to see mauli, harpreet, and junaid, and the senior lot wanted to see amanat, mussarat, and aneek?

advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzzy

if you dont me asking, when and how was this poll conducted that NRI's unanimously voted that they wanted to see mauli, harpreet, and junaid, and the senior lot wanted to see amanat, mussarat, and aneek?

There was no poll created or done. Exactly the way there was no poll created of the organizers views. This opinion is of the masses present in a certain live function when the topic came up for discussion that if these C2007 guys came to our city, who would welike to see.... the teenagers mostly chose Mauli - Junaid and some said Raja while the elders said the rest of the names.

so you see, crazy though it may sound, not all have the same opinion,πŸ˜†.I can bet ,go out of there and catch another group, they will have a totally different opinion.

So these are just talks which are not even worthy of a blog article.But yeah,if someone does write an article with some more masala added, then it becomes a debatable article and then a rumour spreads. Credibility is lost too. When someone is writing an article, they should have a back up proof like the telly buzz article did.

Edited by advil - 16 years ago