Quit kiya jaaye -Anuj

Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Quit kiya jaaye

All the actors from Balaji Telefilms have decided to give the Gold Awards a miss. Now, the organisers have finalised actors who are not from the Balaji camp

KAVITA SHYAM

Anuj Saxena's Maverick Productions and Pooja Ghai-Vikas Kalantri's White Leaf Productions are working hard to organise the Gold Awards, which is a direct competitor to Ekta Kapoor's Telly Awards.
   The Gold Awards will not have most of the Balaji actors who are planning to give it a miss after Ekta sent a notice asking her actors to not participate in the event. Apparently, Eijaz Khan, Anita Hasnandani and Sanjeeda Shaikh of Balaji were approached to perform but they decided to back out for obvious reasons.
   This left a few actors from the industry who have now been finalised to perform at the Gold Awards. The list reads actors like Rohit Roy, Manav Gohil, Karishma Tanna, Hussain, Chetan Hansraj, Surveen Chawla, and Narayani Shastri. Karan Oberoi and his lady love Mona Singh will be hosting the awards.
   The performances will be choreographed by Geeta Kapoor. Zee will be the channel partner for the awards.
   A source from the industry says, " Pooja Ghai has also received a notice from Balaji Telefilms that their actors wont participate in the Gold Awards. This is not all. The Kasamh Se unit will not be in the awards despite Zee's involvement in the event. "
   The awards will be held in Mauritius in September.
   Says Narayani, "Yes I will be performing at the Gold Awards. I am glad to be a part of it as it is the first Indian television awards to go international. I will have a solo performance at the awards."
   Karishma Tanna and Surveen Chawla will be performing together on the theme revolving around Charlie's Angels.
   Karishma Tanna, who has previously acted in a host of awards ceremony earlier, says, "It is going to be a fun event. I love to dance and would love to chill out on Mauritius's beaches for three days."
   Apparently, Amitabh Bachchan is expected to attend the Gold Awards.
   Pooja Ghai says, "These names have been short-listed. But, we will require 10 more days to finalise all the other details."

The hosts: Karan and Mona Singh

Mandira Bedi

Karishma Tanna

Rohit Roy

Hussain

Narayani

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters