dures thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Chandni Bar

It has been barely five months since Amrita Arora moved into her spanking new apartment. She is still gathering knick knacks, paintings and bar stools for the house. She insists in showing us her lavish living room first. One part houses the bar; alongside are a television set and karaoke system. It's separated from the rest of the living room by a soundproof glass door. "This is where we make most of the noise when my sister Malaika, Arbaaz and friends come over," she says. As she serves us cocktails, she brings out board games. "We are addicted to board games. My favourites are Articulate, Taboo and Balderdash," she says.

In the closet

She guides us into her bedroom where we find her 'wall of fame'. It's a lesser-known fact that she has preserved family photographs ever since she was a child. "I have been collecting them all these years. Now I can proudly display all of them here," she says. The bedroom has a special walk-in-closet, which hoards clothes, shoes and accessories. "I have a fetish for clothes and shoes. I have always wanted a spacious closet like this,"she says.

Mirror mirror on the wall

The bedroom opens into the terrace, which is dotted with green plants, lamps and a stunning pillar with  pieces of mirror. Mornings are well spent doing yoga, and evenings are kept for chai with her parents. "I wanted a funky terrace and that's why I handpicked lamps and got a mirror-embedded pillar," she says.

Blessed

Last but not the least, she takes us to her mommy Joyce's favourite corner. Amrita, sister Malaika never forget to pick beautiful icons of Jesus Christ whenever they are travelling. "We don't really pray here but preserve beautiful portraits and figurines of Jesus Christ and Mother Mary that we have collected during our trips to Istanbul, Italy, Cypress and Prague," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG OMG OMG....I luved her apt...its awesome..im plannin 2 move 2 a new house as well...i hope its just like hers.. 😛
maarsutiyaa thumbnail
great apartment. . &&
thanks for sharing
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
very nice house.. Inshallah i will buy same house like her! 😊
shady4eva thumbnail
i loved with she did with the pillar