RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Her career seemed to just fizzle out and she completely disappeared. Wasn't even one of the celebrity cameos in Om Shanti Om's Deewangi Deewangi. What happened?

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/when-amrita-rao-said-newcomers-today-haven-t-seen-back-to-back-success-like-hers-my-acceptance-wasn-t-pr-planned-101654537824465.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She is married, have a baby and her YouTube channel.

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Even I wonder the same. 🤔 

Did a fight with a certain nepo baby (eisha deol) have some role to play in it? 🤔

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Even I wonder the same. 🤔 

Did a fight with a certain nepo baby (eisha deol) have some role to play in it? 🤔

Yes, I'm wondering that as well. Especially since if you read the article I posted above, it's made clear that Amrita's career was on a sky high for a newcomer without any film connections. She says big banners kept coming to her with so many offers that she was in a position to reject what she didn't want to do, namely films with intimate scenes. I feel like the bolded lines would especially have bothered nepo babies like Esha Deol who even with two superstar parents never achieved any acceptance by audiences.

"I have done some unforgettable films that I believe will hold relevance for a very long time. Perhaps many newcomers today haven’t even seen the back-to-back success that I have seen right from the start of my career. My popularity and acceptance was genuine and was not planned through PR and marketing strategies, yet, there were many deserving opportunities denied that were beyond my control because I don’t have a Godfather here."

"However, I cannot deny the fact that I have never had to ask directors for work. I’ve always been approached by the biggest of banners and I had the privilege of refusing offers because I was not comfortable with doing certain intimate scenes. My journey has been easy, yet difficult, because I had to carve my own path by trial and error. But the taste of being self-made is the sweetest."

Was it also a coincidence that Esha Deol had a romantic link with Zayed Khan, Amrita's Main Hoon Na co-star and that added to the friction between the two?

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

In 2006 movie vivah released and in 2006 Esha Deol slapped Amrita Rao in front of everyone.

https://lehren.com/entertainment/bollywood/when-esha-deol-slapped-amrita-rao-and-said-she-deserves-it/175396/

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I never thought Amrita rao will do this. And then Amrita got married in 2014 and (according to rumors) her husband asked her to quit Bollywood.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

I never thought Amrita rao will do this. And then Amrita got married in 2014 and (according to rumors) her husband asked her to quit Bollywood.

My goodness. I thought this mentality died in the 90s! Then again, the Bachchans seem to keep this in practice.

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I believe Divya Bharti's ghost and Amrita Rao make posts about themselves on discussion forums every 3rd month. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She said she would not kiss or expose. I don’t think anyone asked her too smiley36

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

She basically quit BW & then got married to a RJ who interviewed her lol. Am actually shocked she married a RJ b/c we all know how BW actresses are. Clearly she’s extremely down-to-earth for one. Rumours say her husband asked her to not work in films anymore but don’t know how true that is b/c she had stopped working before she married him. 🤷‍♀️ She’s quite beautiful & talented so wish she had gone far but seeing how she didn’t really have a mentor + doesn’t come from a film family or privilege, would’ve been massively hard to get ahead. She managed well though! Hope she returns to the movies.