Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

I have some sitting in my fridge - it's on my list of must-sends whenever someone's coming from India πŸ˜ƒ 

I knowwwww...but I don't give it enough time to sit in the fridgeπŸ˜†...I am crazy about churan and aam papadπŸ˜ƒ

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

I knowwwww...but I don't give it enough time to sit in the fridgeπŸ˜†...

The only reason it is there is because I received it at the weekend. πŸ˜†

I am crazy about churan and aam papadπŸ˜ƒ

Fatafat anyone???πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† On my last visit to the States I got so excited on finding "fatafat" in the local desi store, that I had 5 packets at a go!!!πŸ˜†

BTW...woh five packets ka after-effect maloom chal gaya hogaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†  I can't resist the khatti-meethi cheezein...love them too much.  Hey, ever tried amerak....it's light green and very khatta...I am salivating...literallyπŸ˜†

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail

BTW...woh five packets ka after-effect maloom chal gaya hogaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 

Surprisingly, kuch nahin hua πŸ˜› Btw - got my MIL addicted to it as well. She called me last weekend to remind me to bring all the goodies to bland Scotland!!

I can't resist the khatti-meethi cheezein...love them too much.  Hey, ever tried amerak....it's light green and very khatta...I am salivating...literallyπŸ˜†

Have I ever tried it ??? Reminds me of summer hols as a child. Good thing is - we get it here!

manjujain thumbnail
SJB in fact with kamrakh you can make like khatta meethi sabzi...

like put oil, jeera dhaniya & namak... & upar dhak do with little water... (as you do not put water in it) dheemi dheemi aanch par pakane do & then later just put sugar according to taste...

I love it.. may be you will too...
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail

Originally posted by: manjujain

SJB in fact with kamrakh you can make like khatta meethi sabzi...

like put oil, jeera dhaniya & namak... & upar dhak do with little water... (as you do not put water in it) dheemi dheemi aanch par pakane do & then later just put sugar according to taste...

I love it.. may be you will too...

Thank you Manju ji! πŸ€—Sounds delicious. I will try it as soon as I get some time off.

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

The mango season is upon us - you aren't worth your salt as an Indian if you can't name at least 10 different varieties of mangoesπŸ˜ƒ. As someone who grew up in Delhi, I used to hear a lot about the heavenly Alphonso or "aaphus" as it is known in local parlance, but didn't really see it being sold in the local vegetable shops. When I finally got to taste it, I enjoyed it, but couldn't figure out the hype. To me "Banaras ka Langda" is the best πŸ˜›! Heavenly sweetness with a hint of tanginess. The smell is enough to make you salivate. (I can already hear the Alphonso afficionados sharpening their knives πŸ˜†)

Debate: What is the best mango according to you? Please write at least 50 words to support your opinion. If you are not a mango lover, you don't know what you are missing. Go buy a crate now.

Disclaimer: DM me kuch kadvahat ka ahsaas ho raha tha, is liye aam khaatey khaatey, ye meetha khayal aaya. Please keep the thread sickly sweet. I will supply everyone with karele ka juice later on!!!

Shabnam ji!

DM is like Kaccha Mango now,when it ripes it will be the best and sweet Mango!

Best variety of Mango according to me is "Nuzvid Rasalu".Nuzvid is place in coastal Andhra! The mango is very sweet and I like them a lot! we don't get them in Hyderabad much but whenver we get a chance to get them,we buy them a lot!!

Cheers,

Mythili

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

thokar is not a kid πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† , i can assure you and yeah that joke i got it now, i thought and thought the whole afternoon, after having my pizza i thought again and yes i got it a while ago πŸ˜† qt, that question is not valid for thokar πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†stop watching those old hindi movies qtπŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† - stop watching hindi movies...πŸ˜†

Adding to what SBji said - Raunu-  adorable and a Sport... thanks for not using thoses red angry smileys on me.. 😳

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Shabnam ji!

DM is like Kaccha Mango now,when it ripes it will be the best and sweet Mango!

Kaccha Mango covered with lot of hay, soon would be pakoaed.😊 Can already smell sweet frangrance of Mango.

Best variety of Mango according to me is "Nuzvid Rasalu".Nuzvid is place in coastal Andhra! The mango is very sweet and I like them a lot! we don't get them in Hyderabad much but whenver we get a chance to get them,we buy them a lot!!

Oh one more competitor of Alphonso, Mr. "Nuzvid Rasalu", never had it - is it called differently elsewhere?

Cheers,

Mythili

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I knowwwww...but I don't give it enough time to sit in the fridgeπŸ˜†...I am crazy about churan and aam papadπŸ˜ƒ

Me too.  TO solve Aam papad issue I just get Mango Fruit roll ups and satisfy my taste buds. Churan I bring plenty everytime I go to India and pick it up from Nathdwara. πŸ˜ƒ