Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Maya_M

QT, I have the same opinion. One should quit while ahead. When I get PMs for signing petitions when a show is about to be scrapped I say the same thing. End it before audience starts hating the storyline. Look at the treatment meted to players like Ravi Shastri and Kapil Dev. Sachin should be intelligent enough to take cues. But do it after a good performance. The WC performances were🀒. 34 is old in Cricket years. I doubt if he will make it to next WC.

I like your Lata Mangeshkar example. Have you heard of Yesudas? He is Kerala's renowned singer and Indian's too. But the same Keralites who once bestowed him to gana gandharvan (King of music) status is now snubbing him and now a fresh lot has taken his place. He made a comment on Lata's shrill voice in 1942-Love story but he himself continued to sing in Malayalam even when he lost control of his voice.

Am also mad with pathetic play so if I deviate or agree with you guys its forbidden and I can edit it later.😊

34 is old in cricket  there are people who make debuts in 35's u will ask for example - Babu Menon from SL or WI. Basically I don't think 34 is OLD for cricket, atleast for a talented person who still holds 40 plus av. in one days. YES I agree with gracefull exit but this is not the time for Sachhi...

Ravi Shastri - his down fall was becuase he changed his technique he was a different player till 28s and suddenly changed his style to look like a hen while taking batting stanze.

But did you forget Imran, his recall in late 30s infact 40 years old and he got the 92 Cup for PAK's. πŸ‘πŸ‘

chatbuster thumbnail

i think sachin should retire before his averages fall even more πŸ˜‰

also he's already made enough money off this business. time now to give a new guy the opportunity to make all those gazillions and get rich and lazy πŸ˜›. tired of seeing the same guy on all those silly ads anyway πŸ˜‰ Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago

@Raj5000:

Anshu, As far as I know no one debuts in world class cricket at the age of 35.  I don't know about country cricket clubs. 34 is old in Cricket years because most Cricketers start to lose their charm and still cling on until they are dropped. In the case of Sachin 34 is definitely old because he debuted very early. Most cricketers debut in early 20s and then go on to play till they are 38-40.  So I doubt if Sachin will be there for next WC. But if he is in form then why not?

Having said all that I still don't want Sachin to quit but I hope to see him back in form and then call it quits. You know 'Quit while you are ahead'😳.

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Maya loved ur siggie. i have stolen itπŸ˜†hope u'll not mind😳

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 17 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail

@Raj5000:

Anshu, As far as I know no one debuts in world class cricket at the age of 35.  I don't know about country cricket clubs. 34 is old in Cricket years because most Cricketers start to lose their charm and still cling on until they are dropped. In the case of Sachin 34 is definitely old because he debuted very early. Most cricketers debut in early 20s and then go on to play till they are 38-40.  So I doubt if Sachin will be there for next WC. But if he is in form then why not?

Having said all that I still don't want Sachin to quit but I hope to see him back in form and then call it quits. You know 'Quit while you are ahead'😳.

πŸ‘ Thats my thought too, why to quit in downs when he has time and has potential. Atleast whatever talent we have in our country he can earn his place. Well bottom line its upto him to decide, lets wait and watch. Would love to see more of him.

BTW (this took me 15 minutes to find) - 35 year old debutant Babu Memam Here You go

Originally posted by: Rajeev Ki Heer

Maya loved ur siggie. i have stolen itπŸ˜†hope u'll not mind😳

No problem Minnie. Go ahead.πŸ˜† Spread the word.

Originally posted by: raj5000

BTW (this took me 15 minutes to find) - 35 year old debutant Babu Memam Here You go

Thanks Anshu. Never heard of this Mohammed Ahmed Meman aka Babu Memam.πŸ˜•

raj5000 thumbnail

Thanks Anshu. Never heard of this Mohammed Ahmed Meman aka Babu Memam.πŸ˜•

Sure! npsπŸ˜ƒ  See now u did, i mean not heard but read. Can be a nice quiz question πŸ˜†

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Am also mad with pathetic play so if I deviate or agree with you guys its forbidden and I can edit it later.😊

34 is old in cricket  there are people who make debuts in 35's u will ask for example - Babu Menon from SL or WI. Basically I don't think 34 is OLD for cricket, atleast for a talented person who still holds 40 plus av. in one days. YES I agree with gracefull exit but this is not the time for Sachhi...

Ravi Shastri - his down fall was becuase he changed his technique he was a different player till 28s and suddenly changed his style to look like a hen while taking batting stanze.

But did you forget Imran, his recall in late 30s infact 40 years old and he got the 92 Cup for PAK's. πŸ‘πŸ‘

@ RAJ - Ageing process changes with times & competetion & is different for different indivduals.  Also, look at the number of countries participating in world cup now.  Several factors have changed! 

SACHIN  DULKAR  no matter how much I love him probably should stop now.  Can I cry some more on that please? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

@ Maya -  Yesudas did that?  ohno!  He is one of my most favorite male singers of all times.  His "Jab deep jale aana" with hemlata is very incredibly romantic 😳😳.  I had no idea that he had gone the lata way too πŸ˜•πŸ˜­. 

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

i think sachin should retire before his averages fall even more πŸ˜‰

also he's already made enough money off this business. time now to give a new guy the opportunity to make all those gazillions and get rich and lazy πŸ˜›. tired of seeing the same guy on all those silly ads anyway πŸ˜‰

shud retire yes, but nope, not tired of his commercials.  he has got the same thing that mallika has got πŸ˜‰.  we can see more of him πŸ˜†
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago