New Members Intro

Tips For New members & Help

meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Tips For New members & Help

Well over the time, I have realized that there are quite a few people here, who need help.  I mean if you search up the word 'help' in this section, you'll see what I mean.  So I thought of making this topic.  In this topic all new members can ask for help with anything related to I-F, and some members of the Dev Team will be checking this topic, so we will be able to help you.

And now for the Tips:

1.)  READ THE FAQ's!

Here is the link - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/910

Reading this will answer SOO MANY of the questions you have inside your mind.  Believe me. 😊

2.)     Get use to and notice ALL THE I-F SECTIONS

Well I-F has a LOT of sections.  We even have general sections - https://www.india-forums.com/general_forum.asp. So my first tip would be to become familiar with all or most of the sections on India-forums.

Reasons for that:

a.)     If you post a topic in the wrong section, it will get moved by Mod's, so why not know all of the sections in the 1st place, and post your topic in the RIGHT SECTION to being with?

b.)     If you want to become known on I-F, then it's a smart idea for you to post in more than 1 or 2 sections.  Posting in diff sections on I-F, will expose more members to your posts.

3.)     Get use to ALL I-F FEATURES.

I-F has a lot of features, such as the 'Search button'  the 'Thank you' button , the 'Report post' button, the 'Quote button'  the new topic  and New Poll  button and many many more.

4.)  Know the DEV TEAM MEMBERS

The members of the I-F Dev Team, are here to help you, and to make sure everything is okay on the forum, so it's in your benefit, that you get to know who WE ARE!

Go here -

5.)  Check out the GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

By checking out the GA's (short-form) you will get to know right away, what's currently happening, on I-F.  GA's can be found on the front page.

6.)  When going to a new section, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Mostly all sections, have a topic where members can introduce themselves, so that's where you should being, when going to and posting at a new section.  Doing that will..

a.)  Let members know who you are.

b.)  You can read some intros that other members have written, so you know who they are.

The tips will be updated, as needed.  For now, this is all.

Also do remember, this is a HELP TOPIC.  ASK FOR HELP, HERE...and GET HELP, RIGHT AWAY.

Welcome to the forum,

I-F Dev Team!!!!

😃

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Gr8 Topic! I am willing to help all the newbies here. 😃
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
great!...this will help the new members alot! 😊
reitsuma67 thumbnail
Great topic!! Now, it would be a lot easier for the newbies... 😉
eexxoottiicc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wow that'll help our members a lot 😛
thanx a lot 😛
-dramaholic- thumbnail
yeah thanks..but i don't understand how the Guess the MOTW works 😕 i no you av the gues the memeber..and the person who guesed right fist gets a sigge or sutin. but den ppl ask questions to the member who was up for guessin 😕 i really don't get it 😳 can anybody explain it to me..either in this post or pm me, thanks 😊
chandini_123 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
i just signed up yesterday to watch some videos of Maayka. I did not know it was going to be this hard. Can you please help me? I do not know how to find them.
o|oNaTaShAo|o thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I need help...

Actually i want to ask something..which is that "Are u able to see ur own signature after posting the link in the signature box???" please helpppppppp 😭 Edited by natasha20072008 - 16 years ago
~*~NEHA~*~ thumbnail
hey um could anyone PLZ tell me how to put in siggys in the signature thing????????
thx
-dramaholic- thumbnail
great topic! this will help our new members find their wayy 👏