Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: chatbuster

problem is when he steps outa the screen and comes before the public, he cant even give great bhashans. there goes his charisma. that's what happened last time he was in politics i believe. What leadership and vision did you get from Kalam.. do even know he was the president - he came into news only with a controversy.. i mean stop giving high-flying talk about ideals...i think amitabh would be better than kalam atleast...

as for character, hmmmm hmmm. will refrain for now unless we really want to go down that path.except for some grapevine i am sure you dont have anything substantial.. Its like parveen babi who thought he was some underworld don...πŸ˜†

as for "Good business can work only if they have that fan following which NM and AP dont have", are you saying NM and AP dont have good "workable" businesses? πŸ˜›πŸ˜•btw, if u've seen Jon Corzine, gov of New Jersey, u'd see a guy with not necessarily a whole lot of charisma but someone who was a success in the biz world (as co-chairman of Goldman Sachs). he and many others like him have routinely made a very successful transition from business to politics, developing a fan following as u put it along the way. he's also running NJ better than some of the clowns before him. we'd be better off with guys like him who are actually interested in serving people than some phoney filmi desh-sevak like AB.Why you think Amitabh cant do that..or that he is phoney....He is a man of character... one who is far away from scandals ... i think we deserve the likes of govinda or rajnikant may be...All I meant was a good businessman may not be a good statesman.. their nature is veri different.....

chatbuster thumbnail

Kalam is an inspiration in following ways: u can make it big in the country if u persevere and are educated, as a minority, on merits, and not necessarily if u are loud, a show-off or filmi. all pretty powerful messages.

btw, am surprised that u think it's either AB or goondas. why such a limited world-view?

AB as a role model? let's see. maybe we shld all emulate his ability to connect with the likes of Amar Singh and mulayam yadav (2 of the trio of mayawati who have run UP to the ground), to get them to spend money on his bentley, to conduct endless rituals etc. Nach gana and celebrity does not a character make

as for businessmen making great statesmen, that's more likely than filmi types making great statesmen. takes management skills and the ability to survive through the rough-and-tumble corporate politics for starters. also, generally more intelligent i'd think.

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Kalam is an inspiration in following ways: u can make it big in the country if u persevere and are educated, as a minority, on merits, and not necessarily if u are loud, a show-off or filmi. all pretty powerful messages.

btw, am surprised that u think it's either AB or goondas. why such a limited world-view?

AB as a role model? let's see. maybe we shld all emulate his ability to connect with the likes of Amar Singh and mulayam yadav (2 of the trio of mayawati who have run UP to the ground), to get them to spend money on his bentley, to conduct endless rituals etc. Nach gana and celebrity does not a character make

as for businessmen making great statesmen, that's more likely than filmi types making great statesmen. takes management skills and the ability to survive through the rough-and-tumble corporate politics for starters. also, generally more intelligent i'd think.

have you even seen any of your criticisms of amitabh in any tabloid in india..in any news papers... i think its more of your personal bias and not reality...😊.

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

have you even seen any of your criticisms of amitabh in any tabloid in india..in any news papers... i think its more of your personal bias and not reality...😊.

haha, let's see. so that's the "thinking west" answer to:

1. kalam being a powerful role-model example, the kind of example we want to hold up;

2. great businessmen having better odds of making great statesmen than the filmi guys do (after all, we do have evidence from AB's previous outing, dont we?πŸ˜‰). mooh kala karwa kar he turned tail and ran when the going got toughπŸ˜‰

3. NM and AP actually have businesses that work unlike ur earlier beliefs;πŸ˜›

4. AB having questionable character. of course, let's not talk about his dalliances with rekha or the example of putting someone thru a humiliating ritual of getting married to a tree. very scientific. just the kind of back-to-the-tree-roots thinking we need to propagate to solve problems, no?πŸ˜› 

as for biases, sorry but i dont rely on those venerable tabloids and opinion makers in TOIπŸ˜‰

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Lets have Sonia Gandhi as PM and AB as President... result : fireworks

Phir to Delhi mein har din diwali...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: souro

What has AB Sr. done for the progress of the nation?? Narayan Murthy and Azim Premji helped India to become a powerful IT destination. Kalam helped India in developing their missile programs and strengthen the nuclear fire power. If you think in similar terms, what has AB Sr. done to be considered at the same level as them. Cleansing the society by killing some politicians in the films doesn't count.

Indian film Industry brings revenue to the country too just like software industries.  Narayana Murthy is not doing any social work. He is counted in richest Indians. Big B has contributed enough to Indian cinema and carved a niche for himself and has put India in the world map. He is the only Indian besides Gandhiji to have a wax statute in Madam Tussad's. I know that is not an achievement but that shows his carisma and he has gained it through hard work and determination. He is polite, humble and an self-starter, in my opinion a suitable candidate for Presidency.

I don't understand why a Scientist, Engineer and a Doctor is considered a contributor whereas a sports personality or a seasoned actor is considered a selfish fellow? Each person who excels in his field is an achiever. I would put Sachin Tendulkar, Big B, Kalam and Narayana Murthy in the same league.

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Lets have Sonia Gandhi as PM and AB as President... result : fireworks

Phir to Delhi mein har din diwali...πŸ˜†

Then the live telecast of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha sessions will bring more TRPs than Ekta's showsπŸ˜†

AB having questionable character.

Do we want to believe what yellow journalism says? It is for all of us to see that he is a family man who instilled good values in his children. In my opinion it would be absolutely wrong to do a character assassination without having real proof.

We don't know personal lives of many politicians and social workers because papers don't sell their story.

Shyam Benegal is revered as a great thinker and director of Indian cinema but he was portrayed as this skirt chasing arty directorπŸ˜• in Madhur Bhandarkar's Page 3 which was based on real characters. Who knows what thte truth is?

Originally posted by: lighthouse

That could be scary...πŸ˜† Shirtless president...😳 or Munnabhai President..😈

In first case clothing will be optional, DUI compulsory for all youngsters, Black buck meat readily available. In latter's case AK 47 should be birthday gifts to all kids, cocaine instead of sugar, tapori language becomes our national lingo.

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Indian film Industry brings revenue to the country too just like software industries.

Indian s/w industry makes the country's image powerful, film industry is there only for entertainment. Nobody can say India is a great country because it produces 900 odd films a year. Revenues generated abroad by Indian films is mostly due to NRIs. Only in Indonesia and some countries of Africa it is viewed by local people.

Narayana Murthy is not doing any social work. He is counted in richest Indians. Big B has contributed enough to Indian cinema and carved a niche for himself and has put India in the world map.

I'm not not against the amount of money they make. Even if Narayan Murthy and AB Sr. becomes a billionaire it's not an issue for me. But I don't think AB Sr. can be said to be in the same league as Narayan Murthy. AB Sr. does what the director asks him to do, nothing so great about it apart from his acting skills. If someone is putting Indian cinema on the world map it is the Directors and Producers who help in making an overall quality product (film). Satyajit Ray's film put Indian film on the world map long ago, nobody talks about the different actors who worked with Satyajit Ray. It's about the director and how well he can bring out the best from everybody, e.g., script writer, costume designer, art director, cinematographer. Where would an actor be without the direction of the Director??

Now take the example of Narayan Murthy, he planned and started the whole thing in 1980's when IT was at a very nascent stage. He guided Infosys to the position that it enjoy's today. At the time that he started there was not much incentive in IT especially in India, yet he succeeded.

He is the only Indian besides Gandhiji to have a wax statute in Madam Tussad's.

That only means he's popular abroad and more people voted for him than they did for SRK, nothing else.

I know that is not an achievement but that shows his carisma and he has gained it through hard work and determination.

Actually Madame Tussaud's wanted to honour Bollywood's emergence and whose statue is going to be placed there was decided by a public poll.

He is polite, humble and an self-starter, in my opinion a suitable candidate for Presidency.

What has he started on his own??

I don't understand why a Scientist, Engineer and a Doctor is considered a contributor whereas a sports personality or a seasoned actor is considered a selfish fellow?

Whoever said that AB Sr. is selfish. If an actor or a sports-person can single handedly bring top honours for the country I will consider him to be the same as Narayan Murthy or Azim Premji. Give me one exmple where the film is considered as international stuff just because of AB Sr's performance. Moreover NM and AP are providing jobs to so many people, can we say the same thing about AB Sr.

Each person who excels in his field is an achiever. I would put Sachin Tendulkar, Big B, Kalam and Narayana Murthy in the same league.

I will wait for him to achieve something unique. Atleast Sachin Tendulkar has achieved something which noone in that sport has ever achieved before. Sorry but I can't say the same thing about AB Sr.

Edited by souro - 17 years ago