Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enchanted1 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
She is my fave actress!!!!i think that she is sooooo beautiful!!!!
zoyah thumbnail
i just love the great actress she is the best .. the real queen of bollywood.love bebo thx
zoyah thumbnail
Karan and Kareena painting the walls red By Subhash K. Jha, February 2, 2007 - 06:49 IST

Monday was a special day for Karan Johar and Kareena Kapoor. The director and actress shot together for the first time after Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

Though it was for a paint ad, the point was well taken by the buddies who temporarily breached their bonding over Kareena's refusal to do Karan's Kal Ho Na Ho.

"That was in the past," Kareena brushes off the cold war. "I was headstrong immature and impulsive. I'd like to think I've matured in the past few years."

As the twosome exchanged buddy-buddy baatein on the set, it was easy to see that they were completely comfortable with one another, the past forgotten.

Karan was exhausted at the end of the day. "It isn't a tough commercial and Bebo today is easy to direct. She's focused and committed. We both had a ball today."

The commercial is part of a package deal for Karan with a major paint company. Shah Rukh Khan's company Red Chillies is producing the ad.

"After this ad with Bebo I'll be starring in an ad for the same paint company which obviously, someone else will direct. Sorry, I can't be in front and behind the camera at the same time," says Karan who's currently wearing several hats.

"Yup, actor, ad maker, TV software manufacturer (for NDTV's soon-to-be-launched entertainment channel), talk-show host, producer…I love being all of this. But I'll first and foremost be a feature film director."

Karan's production house will soon add another feather to its cap. They'll produce an animation version of Karan's debut film Kuch Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

"It's too early to talk about that right now. But yes, we're looking at several productions plans in 2007," says Karan
zoyah thumbnail
Naach mein dum! Kareena promises that the item number she is doing in Kya Love Story Hai will be her last

Subhash K Jha

After doing her second item number in the Tusshar Kapoor-Ayesha Takia starrer, Kya Love Story Hai, Kareena Kapoor has decided that this will be her swan song, as far as item numbers go.

Not again: Kareena Kapoor
On both instances (the first being 'Yeh mera dil' in Don) the actress has agreed to do the item numbers as a favour to friends. The most recent one has been for good friend and director Lovely Singh.

The item song will be filmed in March and probably choreographed by Ganesh Hegde. "But please, no more item songs after this, even for friends. I wouldn't have done it for anyone else," says Kareena.

"At first I wasn't sure I wanted to do another item song after 'Yeh mera dil' in Don. But it was for a dear friend. I've known Lovely Singh from the time he was assisting Satish Kaushik on Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai. He has always stood by me," Kareena says.

"Yesterday I heard the song that Pritam and Salim-Suleiman recorded for me. It's a rocking track. I'm only too happy to possess it. Is it as good as 'Yeh mera dil?' (Laughs) You can't compare the two," she says.

Meanwhile, the actress who goes into the Yashraj film Tasal with Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor in April, followed by Mani Ratnam's Lajjo in winter.

And refuting rumours of Lajjo being shelved Kareena says, "We're working on the look and dialogues of the film. Mani Sir is polishing the script. In the meanwhile I'm thoroughly enjoying my extended holiday. I enjoy doing yoga, going to the gym and playing with my niece Samaira. I'm taking just one more holiday to Bangkok for Shahid's birthday on February 25. After that no more holidays for a long time. It will just be work, work and more work for me."
zoyah thumbnail
'I loved Guru!' Kareena Kapoor
Kareena Kapoor has just seen Abhishek Bachchan in Guru and has loved it. What's more, older sister Karisma (and almost Bachchan bahu) has given it a nod of approval too.

Says Bebo, "I loved Guru. I'm a true-blue Mani Ratnam fan and have watched most of his films. I have watched Roja and Bombay at least 10 times. Lolo liked the film too."

In other news, Bebo is currently knee-deep reading scripts and is in the midst of finalising a couple of projects as well.

Akki's girl

Says Bebo, "Even though it's Sunday, I am "working" (reading scripts)! Jokes apart, I'm in the process of finalising two films. If both work out, I will start shooting in March. One is a comedy while the other is a love story. I should know for sure within the week."

Kareena is also looking forward to Yash Raj Films' Tashan, directed by Victor, which is a love story.

"I am looking forward to working with Akshay Kumar after Aitraaz. Apart from the fact that we share good chemistry on-screen, Akshay is great fun to work with. I can talk about anything with him. Akshay and Ajay (Devgan) project a serious image, but in reality both are complete pranksters on location. I enjoy working with them the most."

Her co-star in Tashan is Saif Ali Khan, whom she briefly worked with in LOC and Omkara. Says Bebo, "We only had a few scenes together in LOC and Omkara, so I haven't really interacted with Saif on a personal level. But he has flourished so much as an actor. He was breathtaking in Omkara!"

Mani, Mani, Mani!

Mani Ratnam's next film Lajjo, starring Kareena and Aamir Khan, begins shooting in December. Says Kareena, "Lajjo is definitely happening. It's a dream come true for me to work with Aamir and I am very excited.

Apart from the fact that he's the only actor I have never worked with, I am going to learn so much from him. I think Aamir and Lolo (Karisma) made a great pair on screen and had awesome chemistry in Raja Hindustani."

Another feather in Kareena's cap is working with Mani Ratnam post Yuva. "I have always wanted to work with Mani after Yuva. He extracted such a good performance from me in the film that I am keen to relive that experience," enthuses Kareena.

Kareena recently also shot an ad film for ICI Dulux paints with Karan Johar. Says the actress, "It was like going back home when I shot with Karan. I am most comfortable with him. We meet at least thrice a week; Karan's like a brother to me. I can call him up any time and we share the same friends circle too."

All for a song

Last week, Kareena was busy showing her cousins around town. "I have relatives coming in from USA and London all the time, and since I am free I spend a lot of time with my family. But now they are bored with me and want me to begin shooting soon!"

Currently, Kareena is gearing up for Lovely Singh's item song in Kya Love Story Hai. "Yes I am not charging any money for the song. I'm doing it for Tusshar (Kapoor) and Lovely, who have always stood by me. The track is amazing and should fetch me hundreds of shows," she laughs.

What's it about? "It's a rocking track done by Salim-Suleiman and is a true chartbuster. It's a Punjabi-British hip-hop number and has been intertwined with an old song. We are working on ideas and Ganesh Hegde might choreograph it. It will be the song of the year," promises Kareena.

*Fiza* thumbnail
tfs zoya!
       looking forward to see her in tashan!
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Shahid, Kareena in Love Story

Director Imtiaz Ali is set to direct Shahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor, one of the most talked about Bollywood duos, in his next romantic flick.

Ali had earlier directed the critically acclaimed "Socha Na Tha", which was Abhay Deol's launch vehicle.

To be produced by Shree Ashtavinayak, the film's shooting is set to begin from March 20 in places like Mumbai, Chandigarh, Shimla and Kullu-Manali.

Manish Malhotra, one of the most sought after designers in the Hindi film industry, will team up with Sabina Khan to design costumes for the duo.

The rest of the cast will be announced shortly.

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Khoti Kismat!
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   Photographer: A hitList Correspondent
   February 27, 2007

Hrithik Roshan

We were the first to tell you (on January 3) that Hrithik Roshan is having second thoughts about doing Zoya Akhtar's directorial debut Kismat Talkies. It's now official: Roshan Jr has opted out of Zoya's film.

As if that wasn't bad enough, co-star Kareena Kapoor too has given the project a miss.

Cold shoulder

Producer Ritesh Sidhwani (who runs Excel Entertainment along with partner and Zoya's brother Farhan Akhtar) had earlier told us that they would start filming in May 2007 as Kareena had given dates from then on, but after Hrithik started demanding changes in the script, Zoya went hunting for a new hero. It is learnt that she spoke to Akshay Kumar, but he too gave her the cold shoulder.

Now, we've learnt that Kareena has allotted the same dates to Socha Na Tha director Imtiaz Ali's next film. A source says, "Once Hrithik opted out, Kareena decided not to do the film either.

Also, she knew that the film wouldn't start on time, so she decided to utilise those dates for Imtiaz's film."

When contacted, Imtiaz excused himself from telling us when he is starting his film with Kareena. "I am sitting with some people. Let's talk later," he said.

Anxiety attack

Kareena Kapoor

The source adds, "Things haven't been easy for Zoya from the time she planned the film. She was supposed to make her debut with a film titled Luck — By Chance in 2004. Unfortunately, the film never took off.

Now, she is hopping mad. First, Hrithik took her for a ride. Now, Kareena's decision has sent her into a tizzy."

When contacted, Zoya did not categorically deny that Hrithik and Kareena were not doing Kismat Talkies.

But her tone clearly suggested that she was in no mood to defend the actors who have given her so much anxiety. She said, "Kareena's hasn't given me any dates yet, nor have we asked for them.

As of now, she is still doing the film. I haven't been informed otherwise. As for Hrithik, there is no status."

Zoya also did not endorse Sidhwani's statement that the film will go on floors in May. "We have not yet decided when we will start the film. I've been very busy with Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd," she added.

Not out yet

Kareena remained unavailable for comment, but a source close to her said, "Kareena's not walked out of the film.

Zoya hasn't told her anything about it yet. The film has been tentatively delayed, that's all."

Hrithik and Kareena acted together in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Yaadein, Mujhse Dosti Karoge and Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon.

During the making of Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, rumour mills had gone into an overdrive claiming that there was an affair brewing between them.

The two stars then decided to avoid doing films together. Farhan Akhtar, who is on good terms with both actors, eventually cajoled them into doing his sister's film.

Meanwhile, Imtiaz's film with Kareena stars boyfriend Shahid Kapoor. That could be one of the reasons why Kareena decided to avoid Zoya's film.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/february/152617.htm

Gracella😛

TrustYourSelf thumbnail

Sunidhi upset with Kareena?

By Subhash K Jha

It was a big moment in Sunidhi Chauhan's life when she got to sing Asha Bhosle's boogie-classic Yeh mera dil from Don.

"My version of Yeh mera dil can't hold a candle to Ashaji's original…nothing to pretend about there. If you look at the original song, situation, dancing everything was kamal ka. No one can replicate the original Yeh mera dil.

We weren't even trying. We did the song in a completely different way, and I failed. I sang the song according to the requirement of the scene. I wanted to infuse a certain brightness into this low-key number,but I couldn't."

Sunidhi wanted to re-do the song. "I didn't make that request though I wanted to. See, we never set out to be one-up on Don. In fact the old version is to this day fresh and contemporay. I was so thrilled when I got to record a song that I had sung on stage since my childhood.

To do one of Ashaji's best tracks was a great challenge. I decided I'd give my shot to Yeh mera dil. But I was bound by the character and situation. Which is fine because there's a special challenge in singing within character.

When I sang Yeh mera dil I found it lacking in brightness. That's okay. Eminent scientists make mistakes. Who am I? Frankly I'm neither happy not disappointed. But I'm all for Farhan Akhtar's vision. Let me add, I didn't sing Yeh mera dil with Ashaji in mind." Sunidhi who has sung one of her best song Bhaage re man in Chameli for Kareena is slightly disappointed by Kareena's emoting to Yeh mera dil. "I'm no one to comment on this. Kareena knows how to carry herself. She's exceptionally beautiful and expressive, she can play anything from a goddess to a vamp.

I just wish she had worn a black or red gown instead of a golden one for the song. Helenji gobbled everyone up with her eyes. Kareena could've done the same…And I wish Shah Rukh had gelled his hair and made a ponytail. He'd have looked like a full-on Don. I've been on world tours with Shah Rukh. Trust me, he'd have looked stunning."

Why is Sunidhi singing less songs these days, and why not more love ballads? "Not at all! I'm singing 2-3 songs every day. There was a trend of chartbusters from me. Then a lull in release, not in my singing. Now let me tell you I've sung a love balld for Ismail Durbar's in an English-language film called Interminable. It's a semi-classical song.

I can't believe Ismailji has tapped that quality in my voice. Then I've sung for a non-film album with Ustad Sultan Khan called Ustad & The Divas with songs composed by Sandesh Shandilya.

I wish some of my ballads were as successful as the brisk numbers. They clicked in an earlier era. And singers then were fortunate to belong to that era. But I'm lucky to be getting and being accepted in both kinds of songs."

Why is she so low-profile? "You'll never catch me at parties and music launches. My presence makes no difference to these. I won't go where my presence isn't respected. I'd any time go to a Vishal-Shekhar music launch.

But others treat me like just a vocal tool. Why should I be where I'm so indispensable? As long as people are happy with my work I don't need to be visible."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=13605

Gracella😛

TrustYourSelf thumbnail

'Bitch-talk' adds spice to Koffee

Archita Kashyap
CNN-IBN
Posted Friday , March 02, 2007 at 00:01 Updated Friday , March 02, 2007 at 00:11

CATFIGHTS! Kareena refused to call her Priyanka a friend on the show.

Mumbai: The cats are out there cribbing and clawing, and how! Reigning queens of Bollywood seem to have found a new platform to vent their feelings and to get back at their rivals - filmmaker Karan Johar's chat show Koffee With Karan, fast becoming a battleground of sorts.

It all started with Priyanka Chopra finding herself at the receiving end of Kareena Kapoor's angst.

While Priyanka claimed to have buried the hatchet, Kareena refused to call her a friend making Priyanka see red too!

Kareena's talons of course, have been sharp since we've known her. Her cold war with Bipasha Basu may be old news, but who would have thought Kareena still holds a grudge?

She shot frozen looks towards Bipasha at an event to promote Omkara last year, and now it's her beau who'll spill some more beans on Johar's talk show this week.

Upon being asked who Kareena considers a threat among her co-stars, Shahid said she saw three women as potential threats.

But as you sow, so shall you reap. Kareena discovered this when Mallika Sherawat didn't spare a dig at her on Johar's show recently.

Mallika made no bones when she said she could have done Kareena's item number in Don much better. "Because I am better," Mallika said, matter-of-factly.

As for the catalyst himself, the man who provides these ladies the platform to battle it out, he chooses to wash his hands off any responsibility.

"I think people tend to be slightly more witty, if not bitchy, and slightly more fun on the show. I don't do anything. I ask innocent questions," he says.

Now this isn't the first time catfights have become a topic of conversation. Esha Deol slapped Amrita Rao while filming Pyare Mohan in Bangkok.

The story made tabloid headlines, and when asked about the incident on camera, here's how Amrita Rao responded.

But let's not forget that all this washing of dirty linen in public only helps sell more tabloid copies.

Not to mention what it does for Johar's talk show ratings.

And hey! If we might be as bitchy as theses ladies are, let's just say that sometimes their catfights are far more entertaining than their movies.

(With Rohit Khilnani)

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/showbiz/03_2007/koffee-with-kara n-gets-bitchy-spicy-34931.html

Gracella