Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shariefah thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Meet Lolo, Bebo and Shahid on 'Koffee with Karan'

Courtesy: IndiaFM
Thursday, March 01, 2007  

The caffeine on this show is addictive. Honest, candid, witty and stylish... you must have experienced all of this on 'Koffee with Karan' last week, this Sunday meet the frank, forthright and fabulous actress Kareena Kapoor and Bollywood's favourite chocolate boy hero who makes her world go round... Shahid Kapur. Also, joining the sweet couple is the glamorous and gorgeous actress, Karisma Kapoor. Catch the Kapoors' chat about their relationships, rumors and their career with Karan Johar, this Sunday, March 4th at 9 p.m. only on Star One and Star World.

Karan: You take up for Shahid a lot... is that true?
Karisma: Yes I do .. don't I .. (looking at Shahid)
Shahid: Yes
Karan: In what way .. what does he do .. that he needs taking up for?
Karisma: Well, I mean generally ... when they are fighting with each other .
I am always caught in the middle of it .. and if I really feel that Shahid is right then I really fire Bebo ...
Karan: You do ..
Karisma: Ya of course
Karan: They are quite a troublesome couple that way ... vis--vis you ..
Karisma: Ya .. they are .. but I give them a lot of trouble as well..
Karan: Ya .. what kind of trouble do you give them ..
Karisma: Well ...
Kareena: Advise
Karisma: Ya .. advise
Karan: I know .. Lolo is like the mother
Karisma: Ya .. kind of .. in the diplomacy department
Karan: So you would never answer in the rapid fire round the way Bebo did
Karisma: Well, honestly .. NO
Shahid: I don't think anybody can ... nobody can give competition to Bebo
Karan: But when I said troublesome .. I meant in a sweet way .. like now their vegetarianism must bother you ...
Karisma: If I may say so .. Karan .. it does ..
Karan: Going out .. must be a problem
Karisma: It is a huge problem ...I mean you don't understand .. they should wear T-shirts which say .."Does my food have egg in it" .. "we are egg less people". I mean we go out to restaurants Karan ... that we go frequently .. may be 2-3 times a week .. but still Shahid will ask .."Isme anda hai .. ye ice cream me anda hai ".. Bebo will be like .." Is there anda in the naan"
Karan: Oh God! They are that hysterical ..
Karisma: Give them a break .. you come here so often .. they know you don't eat that ....its crazy .. but, its very sweet .. its very cute .. because they are so honest in what they are doing ... I mean they really believe in it ...I mean Bebo was a pucca non vegetarian .. and to switch to vegetarianism and to not even egg .. its incredible ..
Karan: Oh God! That is fantastic ..there have been lots of influences that Shahid has brought upon .. do you feel she is a new person in the last three years ..
Karisma: Ahhh .. Ya .. I think she is a lot more calmer .. and I think Bebo is also a great influence on Shahid ..
Karan: What's the one change that she has brought on Shahid ..
Karisma: I think . Shahid has become a much more relaxed .. I mean you know he was a bit serious .. he is now also ..but, I think he is much more chilled out now...
Karan: So, you wouldn't mind if she eventually landed up with him seriously ..
Karisma: Yes ... Absolutely .. I think they are both a great influence on each other ..I think that's very important .. be it in any relationship .. its very important to have a positive influence on each other .. and there should be friendship ..
Karan: Initially .. when you were told about Shahid .. what was your comment .. do you remember ..
Karisma: Ahhh .. I was like .. who is this guy .. I mean from where have you found him from ..I mean .. actually like any elder sister I was a bit weary ..I think any elder sister would feel like that ..
Karan: Very protective
Karisma: Yes .. very protective about her ..And when I met Shahid .. I think our first two -three meetings were very stiff .. I was like Hello .. Hi .. How are you ..
Shahid: I was very scared of her ..
Karan: You were scared of here ..
Karisma: I know its very strange .. but he keeps telling me this ..
Shahid: Her chin was always up whenever she met me ..
Karan: You felt she was judging you whenever she met you ..
Kareena: But that Lolo's nature ..
Shahid: I found her strict ..and I was like .. "Ok .. I hope she like me "
Karisma: I think we have a really struck a great friendship .. Shahid and I .. every time he calls me .. " Can you advise me on this" or I call him .. "Shahid can you help me out with this .. what do you feel" ..I think we have become really good friends now ..
Karan: That's fantastic ..So you guys have lot of fun with each ..
Karisma: Oh yes ..
Kareena: Yes .. lots of fun .. But sometimes he gets bored with the girlies ..
Karisma: And I get bored with the eating ..

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Bebo: John is expressionless!

pretty petty: Kareena Kapoor
ain't she picky! John Abraham

Kareena Kapoor made her dislike for John Abraham more than apparent on Sunday's episode of Koffee with Karan, calling the one actor she wouldn't want to work with, 'expressionless'.

But we're honestly thinking the young actress is being a tad too petty with apna Johnny boy.

Apparently, she didn't take too kindly to John picking Rani Mukerji over her as the better actress in last season's KwK, hence the serious misgivings.

But you know, it could also have to do with the fact that Johnny boy's main squeeze Bipasha Basu and Bebo are not exactly on the best of terms (remember the cat-fights they would indulge in on the sets of Ajnabee, and the reams of venomous interviews after?).

Oh, these B-Town boys and belles sure know how to keep the one-upmanship fires burning, no

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/march/152968.htm

Gracella😛

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Kareena trashes Ash, Bips & John!

The fresh season of Koffee with Karan is turning out to be too hot to handle for some Bollywood stars.

After Sanjay Leela Bhansali commented on Kunal Kohli on the show, Priyanka was caught in embarrassment when K Jo showed a clip where Kareena completely denied being friends with the lady which was in fact totally opposite of what Priyanka had stated.

Then came a moment of truth from Mallika Sherawat who boasted how she could have done Kareena's item song Yeh mera dil better in Don .

But the best was just around the corner with this week featuring Kareena Kapoor and her beau Shahid.

On the show Bebo made her dislike of John evident and proclaimed that he was 'expressionless'. Always the one to please his girlfriend, boyfriend Shahid abandoned his diplomatic stance, and on being asked about the one leading man Kareena would never work with, promptly said, 'John Abraham'.

Kareena and Bipasha's tiff began when the two first worked together in the film Ajnabee.The two were shooting in Switzerland for the film and Bips decided to borrow Kareena's clothes stylist.However Bips did not ask Kareena whether she could borrow her costume designer and this is what got Kareena miffed.

However, John refuses to comment on the issue. All he says is that Kareena is a 'sweet girl'.

However Bips and John were not the only ones who Kareena took digs at,when she was asked to name one celebrity who had recently made a fashion faux pas, she said "I think Aishwarya as she recently wore turquoise coloured boots to an event,which in my opinion is a fashion faux pas."

Kareena also stated that she feels that she could have done Ash's role in Dhoom 2 better.Well considering that older sis Karisma was on the show,it is no surprise that Kareena took a potshot at Ash, Abhishek Bachchan's current fiance.

Nonetheless it seems like the three Kapoors,Kareena,Karisma and Shahid had a great time on the show with each other and Karan. Karan Johar seems especially happy with the rising TRP's of his chat show as he gets to know all the inside gossip about bollywood's biggest celebs.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?catname=mirch%20masala

Gracella😛

zoyah thumbnail
that is my girl go for it love her more than ever 👏
zoyah thumbnail
Patiala peg for KareenaSubhash K Jha

Kareena Kapoor
It looks like my days of chilling out are numbered. Now it's work, work, work for the rest of the year," says Kareena as she spends some (more) quality time with Shahid.

The two will be together for a long schedule of Imtiaz Ali's film which begins on April 1. Says Kareena, "We'll be shooting in Pataiala. I've never visited that city before. Also I get to play this really loud Punjabi woman, which I haven't done before. Shahid plays a quiet character. Come to think of it, I've been awfully quiet in my recent films like Aitraaz and Omkara. About time I came out of the shell."

Kareena also gets to go blissfully rustic in Mani Rathnam's Lajjo. Considering everyone is commenting on how svelte chic and urbane she looked on Koffee With Karan wouldn't the rustic act be a little hard to carry out?

"Not at all! That's where the talent comes in," says. "In fact in the Yashraj film that comes between Imtiaz Ali and Mani Rathnam's films, I play an extremely glamorous woman. So it'll balance itself out," adds Kareena.

Kareena brought in Shahid's 25th birthday in Goa instead of the foreign spot that they intended to visit for the occasion. Says Kareena, "We had no time. I had to fly back to Mumbai to collect my Filmfare award… I keep bumping into my Omkara director Vishal Bhardwaj at all these awards functions.I wish he's sign me for my next.

zoyah thumbnail
Kareena and Amrita make a fiery jodiShahid Kapur and English cricketer Usman (better know in tinsel ville as Amrita Arora's boyfriend) have some reason to worry. And it's not so much about scripts, roles, wickets and games. It's about the respective women they're dating — Kareena Kapoor and Amrita Arora. We've heard about famous friendships in Bollywood, but this one comes across as really rare. Kareena and Amrita are quite a girlie gang by themselves; they attend each other's movie premieres, private parties, and don't miss a chance to pay a quick compliment to each other. Publicly that too. "Kareena and I are doing six shows together and you can well imagine what a blast we're having. In fact, we're both endorsing the same brand of paints," says Amrita excitedly. Now boys, don't you think the gals are spending too much time with each other? They're even planning to go and paint the town red! Shahid and Usman, better be on your toes.

zoyah thumbnail
Kareena's open letter to her mom The actor shares the letter she penned for mom Babita yesterday on the occasion of International Women's Day

Dearest Mom,
It's not like I need a special day to express the way I feel for you. It's a feeling that endures and only grows stronger all year round. Every daughter loves to say 'My Mother Strongest!'; because she believes in it. And every daughter wants to grow into the woman her mother has always been. The first and the final role model.
Everyone feels that way about their mothers. The feeling that she is the 'most special woman in the world'. But in the case of Karisma and me, the feeling that you nurtured within us, only grew into flame as we saw what you went through. How you struggled to give us the best of what we always wanted. Not just material things, but values as well. You encouraged us in our careers, our lives and our moments – of strength and of weaknesses. It made us into the charming young women the world says we are.
As a woman, as a mother, you mean the world to me. You are as close to me as God is to my heart. I worship you from the bottom of my heart; and your word for me, is like a bound script — the final word.
Whatever I am today — the person Bebo, or the actor — Kareena Kapoor; it's all because of the one person in the world who shaped those personas — you. Nothing else and nobody other matters to me more than you. You've always given me everything I have asked for and more. Thank you for making me believe that life is so beautiful. You've taught me how to be a good human being, and a secure person, and every child hangs on to that sense of comfort and security. My success, failures, career and ambitions… can all change with time, but the values you've instilled in me – will remain unchanged and it will take me through all highs and lows that life will bring with it. You've given me a sister — another strong woman — as loving as Karisma, who I can share my life's joys with; a wonderful childhood that I can never forget. I can't think of any gift that will be worthy of you to show you how much you mean to me. Of course, Karisma has already given you the best gift you could ever ask for — our little bundle of joy, Samaira. I know we don't say this often, but on a special day like this I have to tell you — I can't imagine my life without you. Here's to Woman Power Mom! Lolo! Samaira! More power to the tribe.
Love, Kareena

zoyah thumbnail
it so nice of her too say those beautiful worts
zoyah thumbnail
Will Bebo play Carmen?This must be the only project in Bollywood which has hero Sanjay Dutt all set to lend his marquee name to the massive project…. but the heroine is yet to be found!

Chamki Chameli has everything in place. The director Shyam Benegal is all set to collaborate with his Zubeida team of music composer A R Rahman and lyricist Javed Akhtar in what promises to be the first fully-fledged musical spectacle since Chetan Anand's Heer Ranjha where Javed's father-in-law Kaifi Azmi had written every dialogue in verse. Vaibhavi Merchant is supposed to choreograph Chamki in the desi big-screen adaptation of the Spanish opera.

Sanjay Gupta says that one of the names at the top of Sanjay's list is Kareena Kapoor, who incidentally was also the first choice for the Chamki Chameli at a time when Benegal was to make the film for another producer.
But when the project exchanged hands and went to Gupta, many other leading ladies were considered. Finally, Chamki Chameli may go to Kareena again.

There's only one hitch. Kareena is shooting for Mani Ratnam's film in the same location, Rajasthan and within a similar ambience. Even the dates for the two films may clash.

Shyam Benegal
But Kareena does seem the right candidate to play the lead in the newest adaptation of Bizet's Opera about a passionate soldier and a fey capricious gypsy woman, now trans-located to Rajasthan.

Kareena is certainly open to the idea. She says, "Why not? I'm looking at challenging roles now. Carmen sounds so exciting. And it had come to me originally. Besides I've never worked with Sanjay Dutt. A few years ago Mahesh Manjrekar was planning a very different love story with the two of us where I was supposed to play a blind girl. I'd love to be paired with Sanjay Dutt. He's the ultimate looker."

zoyah thumbnail
i wish she will do this movie it looks like goood project. 👏 👏 👏