Posted: 17 years ago

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago

Koffee, tea or me?

Karan Johar is super busy, breaking his head over his latest script, making umpteen trips abroad and liaising with Bollywood biggies for the remaining episodes of the present season of Koffee with Karan. Nevertheless, one afternoon we embark on a journey in his peaceful Pali Hill pad with a chatty KJo at hand

Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Sandipan Dalal

Home, away from home

The Bombay boy rues having moved out of his Malabar Hill home. Among other things the part-Punjabi-part-Sindhi Karan particularly misses the Queen's necklace and his neighbour's dhansak, there. "I believe this is an interim phase. This is the house where we live but we are yet to find our home," he says. Barring Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, his other films have been a product of 'this house'. Also, he has seen tough times here when his father Yash Johar passed away in 2004.

Clock wise

An antique clock has been placed at the centre of the house. KJo tells us that this is the favourite part of the house of buddy Shah Rukh Khan's kids, Aryan and Suhana. The Khan kids make frequent trips to the Johar residence. "Shah Rukh's kids run up and down the house pretty often," says KJo uncle fondly.

Art of good living

It's a lesser-known fact that the filmmaker has a voracious appetite for paintings and hand-made candles. "I just collect paintings that grace my walls," he says. His favourite one is this masterpiece from Subhash Awchat's Christ series. Over the years he is also collected a couple of Paresh Maity and SH Raza works. He further adds, "I have a thing for candles. I collect candles from all over the world."

Just chill

The neatly-done-up, high-on-bling, spacious apartment speaks about KJo's personality. However, he refuses to lay his hands on the interiors of the house or any household chores for that matter. "I hate being in the kitchen, visiting the grocery or even thinking about curtains. I just relax in my personal space," he says.

Edited by preity*zinta - 16 years ago