6 Exciting Updates and Improvements Coming Soon on IF!

New Feature

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Dear India Forums Members,

We are thrilled to share some exciting news about the amazing features and enhancements we’re working hard on to make your experience on India Forums even better! Here’s a sneak peek into what’s coming your way:

1. Enhanced Navigation:
    We're restructuring our navigation to make it easier for you to find your way around the site. The new design will include a prominently displayed Translate option, allowing you to read the site in your preferred local language. You'll also be able to jump straight to topics of interest directly from the navigation menu.

2. Cooling Off Period for Account Deactivation:
    We understand that sometimes users need a break. We're introducing a cooling-off period for deactivated accounts, after which the account will be permanently deleted. We're considering a period of 3 to 6 months for this change. More details will be shared soon.

3. Reorganized and Expanded Categories:
    We’re reorganizing our categories and adding some interesting new ones to expand into newer areas of discussion. This will help us cater to a wider range of interests and make India Forums even more engaging for everyone! We are also changing the page so that its easier to find relevant Forums.

436489410_1018641656288845_8856137550525343620_n.png

4. Improved Topic Display:
    We're revamping how topics are displayed to you. You'll have the option to choose between a compact view and a card view. Additionally, you'll be able to see all topics within a specific category in one place. For example, the Star Plus category will show all the topics from the show forums within the Star Plus category.

441990016_2767171463448709_6260291340276457759_n.png

5. Profile Image Restrictions for New Users:
    To enhance security and prevent misuse, we're introducing new measures to restrict the addition of profile images for multiple identity users (MIDs) unless they have reached the Groupbie ladder group.

6. Enhanced Blocking Feature:
    Our blocking feature is getting a powerful upgrade! This has been a highly requested feature, and we're excited to announce that we’ve found a possible solution. Now, when you block a member, their posts won’t just be hidden. Instead, you’ll see an overlay with a message indicating that the post is hidden because you’ve chosen to block the user, with the option to view it if you choose to by clicking the "View" button. Enjoy a more personalized and comfortable browsing experience. Please note, Non-Ladder Group members, which primarily include DT members and Admin, cannot be blocked. Enjoy a more personalized and comfortable browsing experience.

Stay tuned for these exciting changes and more updates as we continue to enhance your experience on India Forums. We appreciate your continued support and engagement.

Warm regards,

The India Forums Team

Disclaimer: The forum names, topics, and details in the image above are for demonstration purposes only.

Edited by vijay - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heavenlybliss thumbnail

When will we get this new look?

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

When will we get this new look?

The new look we are aiming to have it ready by next weekend. Some additional updates like Card View which will have bigger image will follow later as it requires rescanning the whole database and update topic meta data.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 9.33.57 PM.png

Rest of the feature will also be worked upon and we expect to finish them all by end of this month.

Edited by vijay - 4 months ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

This new layout is looking good dear Vijay

Easy to navigate , better categorisation & more user friendly .Thanks to you & to your technical team for being considerate to those members who were so keen to deactivate their accounts . I am sure they are happy now.

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 months ago
vijay thumbnail

In case you missed our recent announcement, we have introduced a new feature that allows you to specify your preferred pronouns on India Forums! This information will be visible on your user hover card and profile, enhancing the inclusivity and personalisation of our community.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5355947

Thank you for being a part of India Forums and helping us create a respectful and inclusive space for everyone.

Jashangrewal28 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i am very excited as all features are great!!👏
firewings_diya thumbnail

The new features looks amazing smiley1

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Easy to navigate , better categorisation & more user friendly .Thanks to you n your to the technical team for being considerate to those members who were so keen to deactivate their accounts . I am sure they are happy now.

Why I am tagged here . I said the issue on this site . It is not solved . Technical issue also not solved . what’s use of layouts n all . I am not happy when no value to users . don’t tag me , thanks .

minakrish thumbnail

It's looks amazing and I'm looking forward to the updated interface, Vijay!smiley31

Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Easy to navigate , better categorisation & more user friendly .Thanks to you n your to the technical team for being considerate to those members who were so keen to deactivate their accounts . I am sure they are happy now.

Thank you smiley20 will test out this feature right now actually if it has been implemented.