Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

That's why men invented patriarchy (inferiority complex)...

As for Ranbir: I guess that he loves Raha a loooot (seriously).

Why is it a guess? Who would Ranbir love more than Raha?? 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ye Saare social issues particular celebrities ke threads mein hi kyun discuss hote hai Bhai?? smiley24smiley36 

I’m sure rth didn’t mean to do that but iykwim 🤷‍♀️smiley36

Edited by Nishita123 - 1 months ago
romajoyi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nautangki khahin ka smiley32

Playboy image sudhar raha hai good father ka image showoff karke.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I don't know...from where you guys are getting the idea that mothers are not held up and revered for what they do and what they are.....as far as I know......mothers have always held a higher position(rightfully so)...and are placed next to God.......usko kabhi humne dekha nahi .....per uski zaroorat kya hogi.....aye Maa...teri soorat se alag Bhagwaan ki soorat kya hogi...smiley27....From BW movies....to any art form......the mother has always been put on a pedestal...and the poor father is lying somewhere......smiley36.....patriarchy doesn't mean that the mother is not the MOST important person in a child's life.....

I am not getting why Bira just wearing a shirt with Raha's name.....and us adoring him would mean that Alia as a mother is any less important.....

Because mostly it is a mother who is more visibly affectionate with her kid....that when we see a Dad doing the same.....becomes very awwwwworthy....otherwise no one can even come close to the love and bond that a mother and child have...

That was the whole point, that dads or men only have to do the bare minimum to get attention.  

Issue is not that mothers are not revered in literature or major cultural or artistic presentations. They are and very deservedly so.  But the issue is about day to day life.  The issue is no one goes aww and ohh when a mom holds her child or plays with her child or feeds her child.  But everyone goes gaga over a man doing all these simple tasks.  It’s not just about babies.  In every aspect of a partnership men get praised for the bare minimum.  If men are seen doing the dishes or mopping the kitchen floor suddenly he’s praised for being a good husband.  How often are women praised for doing the dishes, mopping etc?  If a mother is spending time alone with her child she’s just being a mother, but if a father is spending time alone with his child he’s being a great attentive father.  At least in the last decade or so people have moved on from referring to the last scenario as the dad “watching” his kid.  

Patriarchy runs deep and it transcends cultures and geography, and with changing times and more openly hands on fathers it’s taken over the way praise is heaped and dispersed for mothers vs fathers.  

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: snatch

come on. a man cannot carry around a nine-pound bowling ball. biology doesnt permit that. fathers love their kids more than anything..

If Sheldon Cooper can carry around a bowling ball for The Scavenger Vortex, why can't other men? smiley36

I am not denying that fathers love their children and will do a lot for their kids. But there is a whole lot to parenting and we shouldn't celebrate men for the bare minimum. 

Originally posted by: Agni_Jytsona

Only Ranbir can get hate for being an involved father. 

Confused GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

How did you get hate from my post? Like what is that train of thought? 

There is no doubt that, as a father, Ranbir loves his kid. There is absolutely no malice here. My point is that men often get acknowledged and celebrated for the bare minimum. 

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I can’t believe how many people missed the point of this post and think this is somehow an attack on Ranbir 🤦🏽‍♀️

This is about a continuous unfairness of how society, all societies regardless of geography and culture, observe and appreciate mothers vs fathers. It’s about how low the bar is for fathers that a father just wearing a shirt with his child’s name is suddenly praise worthy.  Let’s not even get into the fact that the price of that special order T-shirt is pocket change for that rich father.  As always men have to do the bare minimum and suddenly they’re the greatest boyfriends, husbands, fathers who have done extraordinary things.  

Thanks for getting it and explaining it. 

Fortunately, at least 16 people got it without needing further context. smiley36

Why is it a guess? Who would Ranbir love more than Raha?? 

Himself. His wife. His bed. His mother. His pet. His job. His dick. His ex. His steel empire. 

There are so many things a dad can love more than his kid. In fact, Ranbir himself made a movie about daddy issues. 

I don't know...from where you guys are getting the idea that mothers are not held up and revered for what they do and what they are.....as far as I know......mothers have always held a higher position(rightfully so)...and are placed next to God.......usko kabhi humne dekha nahi .....per uski zaroorat kya hogi.....aye Maa...teri soorat se alag Bhagwaan ki soorat kya hogi...smiley27....From BW movies....to any art form......the mother has always been put on a pedestal...and the poor father is lying somewhere......smiley36.....patriarchy doesn't mean that the mother is not the MOST important person in a child's life.....

I am not getting why Bira just wearing a shirt with Raha's name.....and us adoring him would mean that Alia as a mother is any less important.....

Because mostly it is a mother who is more visibly affectionate with her kid....that when we see a Dad doing the same.....becomes very awwwwworthy....otherwise no one can even come close to the love and bond that a mother and child have...

Your post here is the perfect illustration of the exact problem that I am pointing out in society. 

Mothers are overburdened with unrealistic expectations of being a God in human form. If she does not live up to this holy pedestal people put her on, she is shamed and disparaged. But the fact is that a mother is a human being, not a god. She is bound to make mistakes and deserves grace for it. She can get postpartum, making it difficult to bond with the child she is expected to bond with without exceptions. She will always have her own needs and desires that don't always align with the child. She doesn't deserve to have the entire burden of caring and nurturing straddled on her and needs the father to step in as an equal partner in childcare. 

While mothers are expected to be Gods for their children, nothing is expected of the father. The bolded highlights that. We shouldn't aww just because a dad did something affectionate. A mother doesn't get applause for changing a diaper, feeding a child, or holding them when they cry; neither should a father. It is called parenting. When a person chooses to bring life on this earth, it becomes their responsibility to love, care, and nurture that life — it holds for each parent equally. 

I don't believe a mother-child bond is all that special. Yes, some mothers will form a wonderful bond with their children. But some children will have a better bond with their father. Most children tend to have a stronger bond with one parent. It doesn't make the other parent's love any less. And yes, both mothers and fathers are capable of being scumbags. 

Let's not put anyone on a pedestal and treat them as the humans they are. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Thanks for getting it and explaining it. 

Fortunately, at least 16 people got it without needing further context. smiley36

I wouldn't take that 16 at its face value..smiley37....anything that can be deemed against Ranbir and Alia......will get those number of likes on this forum.....trust me on this.....smiley36....Anyways....since I know you...I know that your post had to do nothing with Ranbir....but I still disagree with it smiley36

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Your post here is the perfect illustration of the exact problem that I am pointing out in society. 

Mothers are overburdened with unrealistic expectations of being a God in human form. If she does not live up to this holy pedestal people put her on, she is shamed and disparaged. But the fact is that a mother is a human being, not a god. She is bound to make mistakes and deserves grace for it. She can get postpartum, making it difficult to bond with the child she is expected to bond with without exceptions. She will always have her own needs and desires that don't always align with the child. She doesn't deserve to have the entire burden of caring and nurturing straddled on her and needs the father to step in as an equal partner in childcare. 

While mothers are expected to be Gods for their children, nothing is expected of the father. The bolded highlights that. We shouldn't aww just because a dad did something affectionate. A mother doesn't get applause for changing a diaper, feeding a child, or holding them when they cry; neither should a father. It is called parenting. When a person chooses to bring life on this earth, it becomes their responsibility to love, care, and nurture that life — it holds for each parent equally. 

I don't believe a mother-child bond is all that special. Yes, some mothers will form a wonderful bond with their children. But some children will have a better bond with their father. Most children tend to have a stronger bond with one parent. It doesn't make the other parent's love any less. And yes, both mothers and fathers are capable of being scumbags. 

Let's not put anyone on a pedestal and treat them as the humans they are. 

My post was in reply to what you said .....that Ranbir just because he is wearing a T shirt with Raha's name on it....is supposed to be a good Dad......while the mother carries the baby for 9 months....and nothing.......no one here suggested that......we all were just finding it really cute.....no one even made a comment about how great a father Ranbir is.....smiley36....I don't even understand what made you post what you posted....seriously....smiley36

Who says the mother is not applauded.......my whole post was about how she is.....maybe I am missing something here......smiley24