Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: naaznin

I miss ROMCOM movies 🥺

Shahid/Kriti had one recently 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I suppose that 2023 is a success story not getting repeated soon ...many individually different things came together with Pathaan, Gadar 2, Jawan and Animal although all 4 had been action movies. And also the other - less sensational boxoffice successes - catered to the audience's thirst.

The problem will always be the choice between going to the movies (in a theatre) or watching online.

The story writers of Fighter made a big mistake btw. (I'll not explore it further here) and Yodha may suffer from a certain fatigue (which I don't hope).

Ajay (to be honest) isn't a big pull outside of good remakes of successful South Indian movies and movies like Singham and Raid - although I would like to get proved wrong.

For Single Screens, there aren't really  - as far as I see - attractive movies on the way...

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I suppose that 2023 is a success story not getting repeated soon ...many individually different things came together with Pathaan, Gadar 2, Jawan and Animal although all 4 had been action movies. And also the other - less sensational boxoffice successes - catered to the audience's thirst.

The problem will always be the choice between going to the movies (in a theatre) or watching online.

The story writers of Fighter made a big mistake btw. (I'll not explore it further here) and Yodha may suffer from a certain fatigue (which I don't hope).

Ajay (to be honest) isn't a big pull outside of good remakes of successful South Indian movies and movies like Singham and Raid - although I would like to get proved wrong.

For Single Screens, there aren't really  - as far as I see - attractive movies on the way...

It was the momentum which started with Pathaan, is missing this year.

You'll see the same euphoria during Pushpa 2 

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Shahid/Kriti had one recently 

It was bakwas. Hamari Bahu rajnikant was better n riddhima pandit acting was nice in show unlike kriti.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4X5T9tPYCd/?igsh=NGh4aGZrMDdnMWgw

Movies from 90s n 2000s were good

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4PhogRodKW/?igsh=bjRpcDlsODBzZ3Qx

Edited by naaznin - 1 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NoraSM

It was the momentum which started with Pathaan, is missing this year.

You'll see the same euphoria during Pushpa 2 

I hope so... it's in August, right?

There has to be a certain 'big scale', a kind of 'all-encompassing' audience-possibility, a quite affordable pricing and a popular filmstar to get people into the Single Screens and independent cinema halls (not multiplexes)...honestly, at the moment, I don't see a movie that can do that this year coming out of the Hindi filmindustry.

Fortunately, the audiences' reactions aren't really predictable smiley2

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I get the urge to bring down RK for anything and everything. 

But Fighter was the last big release and it just did not perform upto the expected levels. And it had a very strong nationalist/patritotic theme. So the exhibitors saying they want more movies that can perform at Jawaan, Animal, Gadar2 levels, makes complete sense. 

The article clearly shows their point of view, if anyone is willing to read it. They prefer a few high grossing movies because those movies ensure larger footfalls as opposed to sleeper hits which collect 75-100 crores over 2-3 months of runtime. This year doesn't seem to have those kind of tentpole movies so far which can do 300-400-500 cr business which is what worries them. And they are mostly not in favor of politically charged movies because they have been hit and miss so far. 

The funny thing is Fighter is now more of a Hrithik film, especially since it didn't do well. But before it released, it was all about Deepika, not so much Hrithik. smiley36

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I totally get where the article is coming from, and I agree. I think people are getting tired of overly patriotic, formulaic filmmaking. Even Article 270 didn't live up to the hype as much as everyone thought it would.

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

I totally get where the article is coming from, and I agree. I think people are getting tired of overly patriotic, formulaic filmmaking. Even Article 270 didn't live up to the hype as much as everyone thought it would.

It's article 370

Yami aunty is dancing Calling the movie superhit 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

It's article 370

Yami aunty is dancing Calling the movie superhit 

She about to get a new tattoo real soon smiley36

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche