oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago

Robot movie Article 370 shaitaan Hanuman did well

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Fighter poster!

So much effort on putting RK above HR. It is tiring. Does he get to wear an actual crown?

Someone should make a poll here on RK VS HR.

We are an old forum.One of  the very few active ones for two decades.

Edited by you2 - 1 months ago
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

Fighter poster!

So much effort on putting RK above HR. It is tiring. Does he get to wear an actual crown?

He does. He calls it a wig.smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Fighter poster!

I go back (each time I have time to do so) to read the threads done 19 years ago (it's almost 8000 pages)...and going towards the present...many had only few collaboration but there are some really interesting ones and it's fun to read the opinions smiley1)

None of the Hindi filmstars should be put above or below another one...they all do creative work to entertain, to earn money with a profession that strives on image...everyone of them have admirers or fans or whatever one may call the ones who love them.

Theatre owners (especially Single Screen ones) depend on the filmindustry to gain their livelyhood and to maintain a possibility for people to have a 'get-away' for some hours. SRK and Ranbir (respective to YRF, Red Chillies/Atlee and Vanga/T-Series) and also Sunny/Gadar2 attracted even long-time absent movie-goers.

I witnessed the vanishing of theatres and it makes me sad that I have to result to multiplexes in cities a long distance away because money plays such a big role in our lives...more than other things more valuable (like going to the movies...  g o i n g! with many others together...)

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Fighter poster!

I get the urge to bring down RK for anything and everything. 

But Fighter was the last big release and it just did not perform upto the expected levels. And it had a very strong nationalist/patritotic theme. So the exhibitors saying they want more movies that can perform at Jawaan, Animal, Gadar2 levels, makes complete sense. 

The article clearly shows their point of view, if anyone is willing to read it. They prefer a few high grossing movies because those movies ensure larger footfalls as opposed to sleeper hits which collect 75-100 crores over 2-3 months of runtime. This year doesn't seem to have those kind of tentpole movies so far which can do 300-400-500 cr business which is what worries them. And they are mostly not in favor of politically charged movies because they have been hit and miss so far. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

He does. He calls it a wig.smiley36

That really isn't my 'cup of tea'. Ranbir and his hair problems are nothing I personally would bother about...it's him who does that.

An actor can change his appearance according to the role...to me, it is of no importance if he wears a wig, a false moustache or whatever as long as it fits the character he enacts...to me, it's always the play, the acting, the connection to the characters/story told that is important.

That's why I don't care about the wrinkles and grey hair (or whatever) the real life person has...every person has a right to not match the made-up appearance in movies (or public appearances related to the profession of an actor/actress).

If anything then it would be the vibes a person gives me I care about smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

This year doesn't seem to have those kind of tentpole movies so far which can do 300-400-500 cr business which is what worries them.

it could in next few months 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I get the urge to bring down RK for anything and everything. 

But Fighter was the last big release and it just did not perform upto the expected levels. And it had a very strong nationalist/patritotic theme. So the exhibitors saying they want more movies that can perform at Jawaan, Animal, Gadar2 levels, makes complete sense. 

The article clearly shows their point of view, if anyone is willing to read it. They prefer a few high grossing movies because those movies ensure larger footfalls as opposed to sleeper hits which collect 75-100 crores over 2-3 months of runtime. This year doesn't seem to have those kind of tentpole movies so far which can do 300-400-500 cr business which is what worries them. And they are mostly not in favor of politically charged movies because they have been hit and miss so far. 

It is a PR article.

Shamshera which made 40 hrs,TJMM which made 130 crs and Animal which made 900 crs..all had budgets of 200crs.

One filthy film doesn't make you a superstar.There are no shortcuts.

Love and War and Ramayan are struggling for Investors. That tells the real story.

No other fandom even cares to argue..The whole trip is very funny.