Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

SRK at the age of nearly 60 is still killing it is what i think the TM means

Rajinikanth who is 73 years old is still playing lead roles even though I don't watch his movies. I rather see male or female actors playing lead roles in interesting movies than people wanting older actors to play supporting roles or mom dad roles like big b, sorry don't want to see that, it's sad situation sorry to say. 

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Terenaina

but how is it srk's fault if Aish turns down the role? movies he does with katrina flops so he is not going to cast her even though he likes working with kat and anushka, audience don't like seeing him with those two actresses. male actors want to cast hit actresses that's why tabu and vidya are doing big movies with actors. Actresses shell life has increased with actresses like vidya, tabu, kareena still being part of blockbuster movies, vidya has a blockbuster movie BB releasing this year and tabu also have movies with ajay and srk. 

It is his fault since Aish refuses every movie of SRK after the Salman's debacle . Aish wasn't even the FL, she had a cameo. And Aish is almost retired, she rarely does movies. And pointing fingers at Aish doesnt excuse SRK,

Tabu has only two movies that she confirmed, The Crew and Auron Mein Kahan Dum Tha (yes with Ajay).

No, women still have a short shelf in Bollywood.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Clochette

And again the subject: SRK and the age of his co-actresses smiley36

I don't care for their age, I care for their enacting the characters...and I love how SRK makes his co-actresses shine...that is what matters to me smiley27

Age shaming is the favorite past time for somesmiley36

I don't know why are we even entertaining the TM on her wish that the actors like SRK need to act with the older actresses......They are actors and businessmen....they don't owe it to anyone......NOBODY....people are behaving as if SRK is the minister for women's welfare....he is not....he is not responsible for any of these filthy rich women.......like Katrina, Kajol, Kareena, Tabu....rtc rtc....these women are perfectly capable of looking for their own interests......stop putting the burden on the mal superstars....

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: StacyStyle

It is his fault since Aish refuses every movie of SRK after the Salman's debacle . Aish wasn't even the FL, she had a cameo. And Aish is almost retired, she rarely does movies. And pointing fingers at Aish doesnt excuse SRK,

Tabu has only two movies that she confirmed, The Crew and Auron Mein Kahan Dum Tha (yes with Ajay).

No, women still have a short shelf in Bollywood.

Tabu has Drishyam 3 releasing as well releasing this year per rumors. Vidya has BB releasing this year, kareena lead role in singham again. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: priya185

Zee cine awards is not exactly prestigious, he knows the current owner since childhood.

If true why does he need to buy awards for others like singers dialogue lyrics choreography? Why not just buy for himself like Alia.

Bollywood awards have lost credibility anyway. 

bold: did he...or did he not...that is the question...the buying of awards is just an assumption...maybe, he doesn't even need to pay one rupee because the respective people give the award(s) thinking the respective winners should get the award...what exactly do we know for a fact, a proven fact?

SRK is open about his connections and his happiness to get awards...he did not get one for many, many years and now, after having delivered three movies which showcased his boxoffice pull, his diversity and his acting prowess, he should not get one/two/three because he deserves them???

And Jawan was a highly popular movie (even meaningfull) with a good story etc....and the songs in Pathaan became a sensation (controversy and popularity), so, why should these movies don't get  rewarded by awards?

If somone thinks, that others should have got an award, okay...if one accuses (seriously) SRK having bought them without a proof, not okay (imo)

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
Terenaina thumbnail

I personally rather see these older actors like ajay or srk than see animal eww ranbir or annoying rs but that's just my preference lol. 

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Tbf you did raise one good point. What was the last movie SRK did that he actually played his age? Or close to his age? (For the vast majority of the movie and not just a 5 minute scene)

Well, you may have to watch Jawan and Dunki and use a stopwatch or an egg timer to see how many minutes he plays a role close to his age... then you have an answer.

In Pathaan, he was about 6-8 years younger as his real age (time of shooting, of course). Raees was close to his age...the second part of Dilwale was close to his age (again time of shooting, right?)...

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Ajay in the hugely successful Drishyam series says hi.

He played the remake of the highly successful South Indian movie because of the tremendously good story...that's the only reason why he played a dad. It was in no way his idea but a commercial decision.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Terenaina

but how is it srk's fault if Aish turns down the role? movies he does with katrina flops so he is not going to cast her even though he likes working with kat and anushka, audience don't like seeing him with those two actresses. male actors want to cast hit actresses that's why tabu and vidya are doing big movies with actors. 

This is a huge generalization. Zero is SRK and Katrina's only movie together that flopped and they've only made two together. Zero couldn't be saved by any actress. They could have put Kajol or Aishwarya in it and it would still have flopped. People are forgetting that Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was a blockbuster. Jab Tak Hai Jaan was a hit and the highest grossing movie overseas that year. Yes, Jab Harry Met Sejal and Zero were flops but out of the four movies he made with Anushka, two were successful and two were not so that doesn't mean audiences don't like the pairing. Same with SRK and Katrina.

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

This is a huge generalization. Zero is SRK and Katrina's only movie together that flopped and they've only made two together. Zero couldn't be saved by any actress. They could have put Kajol or Aishwarya in it and it would still have flopped. People are forgetting that Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was a blockbuster. Jab Tak Hai Jaan was a hit and the highest grossing movie overseas that year. Yes, Jab Harry Met Sejal and Zero were flops but out of the four movies he made with Anushka, two were successful and two were not so that doesn't mean audiences don't like the pairing. Same with SRK and Katrina.

I don't like kat and srk pairing, I have not seen their movies together. RNBDJ was my favorite movie of anushka srk, they should do more movies like that but you can see the age difference between them in that movie, it worked for their benefit since movie was about age gap between a couple.