Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

That was fun, you know letting haters get mad that Ranbir has 4 CLEAN HITS IN 17 YEARS and them crying on Vicky accolades.

National award winner on his 3rd ML movie, with 3 clean hits in his young career, has done 4 national award winning movies,  worked with some prestigious directors as an outsider, married to a beautiful  A lister superstar a woman he adores, handsome, talented, tall.

Vicky my man you are blessed. No amount of crying and throwing toys will change those facts.

Now bye Yappy20:

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Aish1989

Shouting in caps won't change facts insiderich.😂 Raajneeti, Ajab are super hits and top 3 grossers of those years. Sam is an average grosser that's not even Top 10 of 2023. OMG 2 is 10th highest grosser. 

Yeah at that time the 100 crore club was relatively knew. Rajneeti and Sam Bahudar have same lifetime collection approximately. Only difference is Rajneeti had a higher budget. One is average according to you. Even though many websites called it a hit. The other is a superhit even though at most websites I see semi-hit. 

The other difference Vicky carried Sam Bahudar on his shoulders. As someone who is around 8 years into his career. Rajneeti had many good actors like Ajay Devgan and Nana Patekar. 

Amazing logic. smiley32 And we are the bitter ones! smiley37

[Post Removed]

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Raajneeti was in 2010. Lesser budget than 2023 Sam, more than 1 Cr footfall compared to 45 lakh Sam. So yea, you are the bitter one. Superhit vs average. Top 3 grosser vs not even top 10 grosser of the year. 

Rajneeti was made on budget of 61 crores 

Sam Bahudar 55 corres 

I think Sam Bahudar is India net might be slightly higher 

But Sam is average and Rajneeti is a super hit according to you. Great logic! smiley37

https://boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=89#google_vignette

https://www.business-standard.com/entertainment/sam-bahadur-box-office-collection-day-12-vicky-s-movie-recovers-budget-123121200780_1.html

[Post Removed]

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Article 370 as Yami as main lead. Dhar is a huge reason for food opening, WOM etc. I never belittled directors of RK movies. But you were doing that to Dhar to hype Vicky. Sam is India's most famous war hero. Yet his biopic didn't reach 100 Cr. Dhar made the best military action commercial movie with Uri. 

What is the point who the main lead is? Point is it is doing well but not as close to as great as URI. It has not hit double digits. URI hit double digits the next day which was Saturday, Sunday and remained in the double digits on Monday. 

All I said was Dhar was debutant director when he did URI. And I pointed out that Ranbir has yet to give a hit with a debutant director. How is the belittling Dhar? My point is most of Ranbir's hits were with directors already known for giving hits and making movies that the masses enjoy. People also went to see the movie for the director's good reputation or wom they already had. That is belittling? 

[Post Removed]

[Post Removed]

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

https://www.indianscinema.com/2023/12/sam-bahadur-hit-or-flop.html

Sam Bahadur" has emerged as a blockbuster, attaining Super Hit status by grossing an impressive ₹127.3 crore (US$16 million) globally. The film's success is further underscored by its recognition at the 69th Filmfare Awards, where it garnered eight nominations, notably in categories such as Best Actor for Kaushal and Critics Best Film. Remarkably, the film achieved this acclaim while being crafted within a budget of approximately ₹55 crores, a testament to its financial efficiency in delivering cinematic excellence.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

It's like comparing Queen vs YJHD box office. Female centric movies have limitations at BO. Yami is not a big star yet Article 370 is outperforming all trade expectations. Dhar has proved he's a BO draw with his content. 

Was Vicky a big star during URI? 

Both the films had almost the same budget. Lots of female-centric movies did better then male-centric films with Vidya, Kangan, PC times. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 3 months ago