Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

I loved the "jealous" Angad seeing Sahiba dance with Param.smiley36

Reader1419 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

CHAPTER 5 - LET THE FESTIVITES BEGIN

Bebe and Daarji wanted to commence the festivities with a keertan at home, followed by a langar, one week before the actual wedding. It would officially begin the wedding. Then both the families, planned to shift to a destination nearby for 3 days, where all the guests from outside Ludhiana would be accommodated and the wedding itself would take place. Mongas were not comfortable with such a lavish wedding but Daarji had decided to bear the cost of the entire wedding. Upon Monga Sahab's protests Daarji was firm ...'You told us sometime back that Seerat was our daughter now, so now it's our wish to give her and Garry a wedding that they both deserve. All you have to do is accept my invitation to OUR daughters wedding and come!'.

KIRTAN DAY - BRAR MANSION

All the preparations were done, Angad had helped his dad and chachu with  all the wedding preparations. They had a huge family circle, in addition to their business partners, though they had hired event managers for the entire wedding, there were many things that only family members could do and everyone had been really busy with the same. Angad wanted the best of everything, it was a perfect way to showcase their wealth and wealth denoted power. Angad was very particular about outward appearances, he had the most expensive cars possible, designer clothes, world class watches and what not. He wanted this wedding also to be a statement of their wealth and power, and with power came control. Since the last eight years he was obsessed with making money and displaying the same. Somewhere in his subconscious mind, he wanted to show Simmi what she had missed out on, though he would never admit it on gun point also....because he himself was not consiously aware of the reason behind his obsession with display of wealth. 

He looked smart as usual in his peach embroidered Kurta, it was designer and fell over him, highlighting his wide muscular body. The Mongas had already arrived by the time he reached the hall. Seerat was standing with Garry and Sahiba was standing next to her in a peach saree and matching blouse and some fake earrings.....Angad had not realised till now that Saree, though traditional wear, was so alluring. It fell perfectly over her curves and gave him a clear glimse of her waist.......and her back. He snapped out of reviree.....he was going to avoid her at all costs as he had no use of girls like her.

Khadoos was looking nice is a kurta, if only he would smile, rather than maintaining that permanent frown on his face. Sahiba had been waiting for Seerat di's wedding forever and she was not going to let that ATM spoil her fun, so she was going to stay away, away and away from him. Khadoos! 

There was very little time left for the Kirtan to begin. The elders looked tensed, specially Bebe and the other ladies. Mom was chachi were frantically calling and speaking to someone. Papa and chachu were also on their phones, looking worried. 'What happened Bebe' asked Santosh.

'Nothing, everything is fine' Replied bebe but she did not look convincing.

'Please tell us, maybe we can help, we are family too now, please tell us' insisted Santosh.

'Well, we had booked a singer and her Troupe for today's kirtan, the troupe is here but the singer met with an accident on her way here and cannot sing now. Our guests have started arriving and the kirtan is to start soon, we dont know what to do. Everyone is trying to speak to someone and arrange for a replacement but it looks difficult at such a last minute' 

This was not good, thought Angad. When the guests came for an event at the Brar's they expected the best of everything and now....he will speak to Pam and ask her to arrange for another alternative.

'Oh itni si Baat, aap tension na lo ji, Meri Sahiba bahut hi achha gaati hai, woh sab sambhal legi' Said Santosh, sounding like a mother of a small child, who loves to showoff their off springs in parties etc, asking them to recite a poem or sing a song or something.

'Mummy!' Sahiba was completely embarrassed of her mother, how could she even talk like this! Generally intelligent, sometimes her mother acted completely featherbrained. Now that Seerat di's marraige was all final, Mummy's partial focus had turned on Sahiba....and looks like she wanted to use this opportunity to put Sahiba in the limelight.....and judging by ATM's sarcastic expression, he had arrived at the same conclusion. 

Bebe looked a little elated but still skeptical. 

'Mummy I can't sing for a party at this scale, please stop it' 

'Sahiba, mummy is completely right, you have such a beautiful voice and you sing so well, you should sing' said Seerat with a twinkle in her eye, she undestood mom's intention and Sahiba's embaressment, but she would not be  real elder sister if she did not use this opportunity to tease and embaress Sahiba further! Sahiba glared at her...

'Sahiba beta, do you know how to sing'

'Yes Bebe, I know but I have till now sang only in Kirtan's at home...I don't think I can manage an event at this scale' 

'We are not able to get anyone at such short notice said Manveer, all of us have tried a lot of ppl, they are all either booked or out of town or can't come before 3-4 hours' 

'We have no option, Sahiba beta can you please help us' requested bebe. 

Sahiba was of two minds, before she could respond, she heard him:

"There is no need for this, this is a Brar event, not some neighborhood kirtan mandli, I will call Pam and ask her to arrange a professional asap' He was not going to allow her to use his party to dupe some poor fellow....calling Pam, he moved away. 

Sahiba was not going to sing! Let him manage, she thought....but:

'Beta please, I am sure you will sing well, even if not brilliant, it will do for now as otherwise we have nothing. It would save us a lot of embaressment. In addition we wanted to hold this kirtan to take babaji blessings for Garry and Seerat, help us Kickstart the wedding with his blessings' Bebe insisted. 

Angad's phone rang, it was Pam, she had been trying to get hold of someone for past half an hour and was calling him back. 

' Yes Pam....what....how can you say you can't find anyone...pay them double the regular price....everyone has a price...' he left his sentence half way when he heard a beautiful voice:

'Ohhh...Rabba vee....Sare jag mein Lau teri....vakhra vakhra.........ardaas Karen.....'

Angad was spellbound, the voice and the spirituality held him in its grip....he forgot all about the call and started walking towards the voice....it was pulling at him....it took him to the paath room where the Kirtan was happening....he was so engrossed in the moment that it did not even register who the singer was....the spirituality created in the room was binding. He felt at peace, something that he had not felt in years....' 

As the Kirtan ended, Angad came back to reality and was shocked to absorb that it was Sahiba singing....God had adorned this banshee with the voice of an angel! 

'Who is she' asked Angad's mamiji to Manveer

'She is Seerat's sister Sahiba, Seerat is Garry's fiancee'

'Is she married?'

'No, but why are you asking'

'No, just, she is so pretty and looks sanskaari too, was thinking she would make a good match ...generally asking so that I have her in mind if I come across a nice eligible boy...."

Angad heard their conversation as they were passing by....he was so right about her! 

Sahiba had been really nervous to begin with, but once she had started singing, her devotion towards god had taken over and things had fallen in place automatically.  

Daarji and Bebe were ecstatic, they had never heard such a beautiful voice and Sahiba had won their hearts...'Thank you so much Sahiba, you really helped us out today and even managed to win our hearts. We want to gift you something for this amazing experience, tell us what do you want'

Angad was fuming, but he could not say anything.

'No Daarji, I don't need anything'

'We insist, please tell us'

'Arre Sahiba di, don't let go of this golden  opportunity' chirped in Ekam and Kiara, 'Ask him for something nice and expensive, he will give it to you, very few ppl manage to impress Daarji, and you are one of the few'

Daarji and Bebe insisted 'OK, if you insist, I will tell you what I want and you cannot refuse'

Angad knew it, she did everything in exchange for something....

'I want your blessings....they are the most precious things you can give me' said Sahiba, touching their feet and seeking their blessings....'Now...don't say no, you promised'

Daarji and Bebe gave up laughingly and blessed her 'Jeende raho beta'. Bebe hugged her 'Tu jinnde bhi ghar jayegi....who ghar ko Ronak kar degi puttar...ese hi hasti rahna hamesha' 

Angad could not take the drama more, he left to entertain the guests and check on the langar preparations.

NIGHT BEFORE SHIFTING TO FARMHOUSE

Everything was packed and ready.... Seerat Di's gifts had already been sent to Brar Mansion, she was leaving all her old clothes behind, as Jasleen mam had got her dozens and dozens of new clothes and accessories. Sahiba was sitting in their room, looking at Seerat do some last minute packing....the thought of not sharing the room with Seerat Di from tomorrow made her feel very sad. Though they pulled each other's leg endlessly, fought like cats and dogs most of the times, the love they shared was immense....Sahiba felt very lonely suddenly, loosing her late night confidant....

'Awww Sahiba, don't look so sad, I am in Ludhiana only, you will meet me often and come and visit me regularly or I will come here regularly' 

'Don't be fooled by her expressions Seerat Di...' Param said as he came in and slumped on the bed...'she's just too happy with the fact that she is getting the whole room to herself and all your clothes, all this is just a nautanki to hide her glee' 

Sahiba did not even respond and a tear slid out....'Chup kar...rula diya na....come here' Seerat hugged Sahiba....'You are going to be a Brar soon, your family and priorities will change and you will forget us eventually...' Sahiba said sobbing...

'Accha....I will forget you once I become a brar....so lets do one thing....let's get u also married to one of the brar boys! Choose your pick....Veer, Prince or Angad' Seerat started teasing Sahiba to get her out of her melancholy.

'What!'

'Prince is too young so wont do, Veer is too malleable....you will make him dance on your fingers...won't do.....let's finalize Angad' Seerat said laughingly.

'Ya he plays good football and has similar physique like mine, he can share all his designer clothes with me....i will be a hit with the college girls...let's finalize him' chirped in Param....laughing 

'You will sacrifice me to that monster for clothes' screamed Sahiba...hitting Param

'I don't want to get married ever....and even if I do...he would be the last man on earth!" 

The house echoed with their fights and laughter for long that night..

GARRY'S ROOM

'All set...' Garry looked up from his packing to see Angad enter the room

'Yes 

,'Just doing some last minute packing'

Angad sat down on Garry's bed and asked him seriously, 'Garry there's still time, are you sure about this' 

'Angad, what are you talking! Of course I am sure...I don't need to think about this again and again...'

'How can you be so sure'

'Because I love Seerat, you don't understand....wait for your turn...I am sure one day we will switch positions and I will ask you, Are you sure Angad'

'No Garry, that day's never going to come as I don't intend to marry ever...but anyway.. I knew your answer but was just trying my luck'

'As you are sure about this, I wanted to give you your wedding gift' Angad said handing over a small box to Garry...

Garry looked up surprised ...it was keys to the latest sports model of Mercedes that Garry had been wanting to buy on his own...it was crazy crazy expensive...."How did you know.....'  asked a confused Garry.

'I know everything about my family, congratulations Bro...wish you all the very best for your new life'

Both the brothers shared a hug! 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Lovely! 

apuni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 4

So happy to see the sibling bond intact here. 🫶🏼😍 love how you have used some of the best scenes from the show to make it your own. 

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Awww....I just loved the Angad-Garry bond in this part. How sweet. Wished it was the same in the show.smiley18

Athz thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hahaha... Nice one. Liked the bickerinv at the end... And thanks a lot for the update... Makes my day more interesting. I was refering to part 4. Now, on to part 5

Edited by Athz - 2 months ago
Reader17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

So happy to see their bond with each other & I can’t wait to see Angad-Saheba moments during the wedding.

Edited by Reader17 - 2 months ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Amazing 🤩 

Excited to read more 

Reader1419 thumbnail

CHAPTER 6 - MEHNDI AT THE FARMHOUSE 

Both the families had shifted to the farm house 3 days before and most of the other guests were going to join from the next day. Mehndi for near and dear ones was planned during the afternoon follwed by a bonfire night and family dinner tonight. It was a pleasant winter afternoon and Mehdi was set near the pool.

The women were besutifully dressed in shades of green and getting their mehdi done, whereas men were enjoying a drink and the function in general. Seerat was already seated and getting her bridal mehndi done...dressed in a green ghagra, she was a sight to behold and Garry was completely smitten sitting next to her in his beautiful patiala.

'Where is Sahiba...' enquired Bebe to Santosh....

'She is getting ready Bebe, she had some urgent work at her shop, so had joined us a bit late, is getting ready and must be coming soon'

Sahiba was so late, dressed in a sea green chiffon gharga, a flowy dupatta, a backless blouse and long dangling earrings, she was hurrying down the lawn near the pool area when suddenly Prince flew out of nowhere, chasing a cousin of his and bumped into her...causing her to loose her balance. She screamed and was about to fall into the pool when someone held her hand....it was ATM!...she was worried he may let go and let her fall in the pool. He kept her dangling in that position for few seconds before he suddenly pulled her close.

She banged into him and instinctively held him as his arms came around her to balance. He was holding her close and tight, she could feel every inch of him, could feel his strong muscles under her palms, could feel his chest pressing against hers, could feel his hands burning on her back's skin, her breath quickened, staring into his hazel eyes, she felt like a deer caught in the headlights. She was not sure what was going on but for the life of her she could not pull away....his arms felt like the perfect place to be...

Angad had been at a hands distance when she was falling, hearing her scream, he instinctively saved her. He could feel her soft skin under his palms, moulded to him, she seemed to be a perfect fit. He should now left go of her, maybe in a minute he thought, will let her regain her breath. It seemed as if they were in that position for eons ....staring into each other's eyes...

'Sorry Sahiba Di', Prince interrupted their reviree...making Sahiba jump back...suddenly super consious.

'It's fine, just be careful now ok, don't bang into anyone else' she said breathlessly. She threw a thank you in Angad's direction, without looking at him and rushed towards the mehndi function. 

'What took you so long Sahiba how can you do this on my Mehndi day!' Scolded Seerat....Sahiba then got busy attending to Seerat Di. Sahiba soon forgot about the incidence and started enjoying the function. 

'Sahiba why don't you sing a nice song' asked Bebe....and upon everyone's Incistence....Sahiba sang:

"Surmedani warga hai mera mahi....toh aur mujhe ki chahida..."

..Her voice added an extra charm to the entire afternoon and soon the other women joined her in. 

Finally it was her turn to get the mehndi done. There was music playing, the youngsters were dancing, Param seemed to have mingled well with the Brar lot, he had fit right in and was dancing on punjabi numbers with Veer, Kiara and others. Garry also joined them....only one missing was standing on the side, leaning against a pillar and watching with his hands crossed. 

'Mam, is there someone whose name I can write on your mehndi' asked the mehndiwali....

Sahiba was lost in her own world, staring at the lot and wondering why Kahdoos was always so cut off, party pooper, 'ATM' she muttered under her breath! 

Her mehndi was almost done and the celebration had picked up pace, almost everyone, including Seerat Di had come to the dance floor and bhangra was full on....Sahiba was getting restless to join them when she noticed ATM being forced to the dance floor .....as if he knew how to dance... she was sure he was going to stand there like a log....and move his hands up and down....finding the mental picture very amusing...

Garry had forced Angad to join in but he was not keen, he turned to leave when he met her eyes, she was mocking him with her eyes! He could literally hear her say 'He is too old old to dance'!.......Angad never backed from a challenge! 

'I am done mam, please have a look' Sahiba dragged her gaze away from his to look at her mehndi...it was beautiful...but wait....there was a clear and distinct A written on her hand. 'Whats that! Why did you write an A' exclaimed Sahiba.

'Mam I asked you if I should write someone special's name on your hand and you murmerred something A.., I could not get the whole name so I just wrote an A......you know, there is a saying that when you write ur someone specials name or alphabet on your hand, their life increases' finished the mehndiwaali...walking off.

Sahiba was aghast, she had murmurred ATM and the lady wrote A on her hand....Sahiba had Angad's A on her hand! what was everyone going to say, Seerat di and Param will pester her who this A is, if they see the alphabet! If they linked it to yesterday night's teasing then they would make her life miserable over it. 

Before Sahiba could ponder much over it, Param pulled her to join them on the dance floor and she forgot all about the A by then. As she was dancing, she was amazed to see ATM having fun too, he was actually a very good dancer and was doing amazing bhangra with his cousins, if he was not such a khadoos then Sahiba would have loved to have a dance face off with him....her gaze kept straying to him again and again, he looked very attractive dancing so gracefully and smiling. He should smile more, she thought, it changed his entire demenour and made him look absolutely dashing! 

Angad could not remember when he had last had so much fun...he had started dancing just to prove a point but then the music had taken over and he was just having fun with his family, everything else forgotten, he had not danced in years.....just then someone banged into his back and he turned to see.....Sahiba!

They both just stood there awkwardly and consious, cheast heaving and looking at each other. His cousins and Garry would not have anyone stopping in between and pulled them both in their circle.....they called an unspoken truce and lost themselves in the fun.

'What happened Manveer, why do have tears in your eyes?' Inder asked as he walked next to her with his drink in his hand. Manveer was staring at Angad.

'Inder, I have not seen Angad have fun in general, smile for so many years, it's a sight that I want to keep with me for many years to come' Replied Manveer emotionally. Inder gave a side hug to Manveer, as Angad's parents, it pained them to see him in pain and today, seeing him happy after so many years was a very emotional moment for both of them. 

'You know what, a peer baba had recently told me that a girl will soon enter into Angad's life and bring back his smile and happiness, I was not ready to believe him fully, but looking at him now, I am very sure his words are going to come true'

'Please Manveer, you are educated, how can you believe in all this nonsense' 

'You can say what you want Inder, but I know in my heart now that I will meet my daughter in-law very soon in the near future. You better get prepared to change dirty nappies soon!' 

'We will cross that bridge when it comes, let's first join our son in this precious moment' saying that Inder dragged Manveer to the dance floor too, where they danced with everyone including Angad and Sahiba, unaware that they had already met their daughter in law and were infact dancing with her!

BONFIRE NIGHT WITH FAMILY DINNER

The bonfire set in the garden gave a perfect warmth to the winter night. Both the families were casually resting after the whole mehndi and before the next two hectic days. 

Sahiba joined the other youngsters around the bonfire once she was through helping her parents and others with Dinner. The girls were appreciating each other's mehndi and Veer was playing his guitar. ATM was nowhere to be seen, he had surprised Sahiba....generally men his size were bad dancers, with Param being an exception, but Angad turned out to be a good dancer too. He was so uptight all the time, if only he loosed up a bit.......

"Show us your mehndi' asked the girls and Sahiba lost in her thoughts just put her hands forward....'oooh there is an A written here, who is this Sahiba Di?' Questioned Ekam and Kiara...with a sly smile on their face....

Param and Seerat di's ears stood up, they turned and looked at her questioningly? 

'Who is this Sahiba, you never told us also' everyone was looking at her curiously.

'No one, that mehndi lady wrote it by mistake' I don't know why...

'You can tell us the truth...come on' chirped the girls...

'Hey is it that Amrinder, our neighbor' asked Param, knowing how much Sahiba hated him.

'Who Amrinder' Questioned Garry....

'There is this one guy in our neighborhood who is obsessed with Sahiba, he is always trying to impress her and woo her'....Replied Seerat winking at Garry.

'Whoo Sahiba, you have a suitor,  so I am going to attend another wedding very soon looks like' teased Garry, not knowing that Angad had joined them and was listening to this conversation avidly. 

'No you are not, I am telling you this was written by mistake'

'Wait a minute, is it the same guy we were talking about yesterday' exclaimed Param, giving Seerat a look..

'No!'

'Well the alphabet matches the name' teased Seerat, 'why didn't you tell us before, let me talk to our parents, she joked.

'Who was this person'...everyone was curious to know. Param pretended to open his mouth when Sahiba slapped her hand over his mouth'  

'No! There is no such thing, I am telling you it was an error and Param, I will slap you if u open your mouth'

Everyone laughed and seeing how agitated Sahiba was, they dropped it.

For reasons unknown Angad's mood went down south. He turned and left. 

Edited by Reader1419 - 2 months ago
Reader1419 thumbnail

Edited

Edited by Reader1419 - 2 months ago