What would Bramastra's verdict be had it released in today's time?

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

Bramastra's verdict of a hit is the biggest scam ever. The budget is 410cr and it was declared a hit on 230cr hindi india net..global WW 430cr..

I feel the timing of the movie was such that it was perceived as a hit coz it came in one of the worst years (2022) and right after the industry hit an all time low with LSC & Raksha Bandhan's collective total even failing to hit 100cr that too on so many public holidays. 

Bramastra coming at that time, opening at above 40cr and making a lifetime of 230 was seen as record breaking.

Had this movie come today..when the bar is so high for such movies after a mega successful 2023 with 4 500cr india net movies..you think trade would be that lenient towards this one as it was in Sep'22? 

I feel even BOI would have called it an outright flop. It just benefited from releasing at a time there was no 400cr club let alone 500 or 600 in fact a movie crossing even a 100cr was being looked as an achievement back then. 

Regardless, that is not how verdicts work and i feel like it has done for many movies, BOI needs to revise its verdict of Bramastra.

Anyone who still thinks the movie deserves a hit verdict..please explain how..coz i don't understand this side of trade one bit..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

It was a disaster...the hit verdict was given on assumption that 400 crore was supposed to be divided between two films! Now with part 2 no longer happening ,the final verdict is a DISASTER!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Its all Ajay and Aamirs fault

Ajay said some films that make 100/200 crore cant even be called successful. Aamir apologized for TOH(Despite it making above 100 crore) . No one would've been the wiser if they didnt do these things smiley36

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Elvis12

It was a disaster...the hit verdict was given on assumption that 400 crore was supposed to be divided between two films! Now with part 2 no longer happening ,the final verdict is a DISASTER!

I still don't understand this logic....If part 2 was even happening ... wouldn't that need money as well? Actors fees, cameos, location and the main hero of the film...VFX for background and the male actor's face so that he can look young next to his wife...yeh sab free mein hota kya? 

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CottonWorld

I still don't understand this logic....If part 2 was even happening ... wouldn't that need money as well? Actors fees, cameos, location and the main hero of the film...VFX for background and the male actor's face so that he can look young next to his wife...yeh sab free mein hota kya? 

You have to give it to Karan Johar's PR. 400 cr budget film was declared hit at 230 cr. smiley37And sold a new logic that 400 cr is the budget of two films without the 2nd even made. The film did not even reach 230 cr in all fairness. Taran Adarsh said distributors stopped sharing collections with trade analysts coz the producers said so. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Brahmastra - independent of whatever 'official' verdict - had been a disaster in the making.

6 years for the making, the initial VFX work rejected, VFX work redone by a very expensive Western company (allegedly including footage of a future part 2)

quite poor execution of a quite poor storyline with only some highlights

announced (with great fanfare) as trilogy with obviously no part 2 even...

Sacnilk numbers:

India Net Collection    ₹ 267.2 Cr

Worldwide Collection ₹ 431 Cr

Brahmastra Part One: Shiva Budget: ₹ 350 Cr* Approx

Brahmastra Part One: Shiva Verdict: Hit

Clearly not the Indian Net Collection had been the base for the 'official' verdict, but the worldwide gross collection...

So, I guess, KJo created a new verdict system...

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Flop. Ranbir RARELY gives hit movies.

Edited by DivineAngel - 2 months ago
Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Clochette

Brahmastra - independent of whatever 'official' verdict - had been a disaster in the making.

6 years for the making, the initial VFX work rejected, VFX work redone by a very expensive Western company (allegedly including footage of a future part 2)

quite poor execution of a quite poor storyline with only some highlights

announced (with great fanfare) as trilogy with obviously no part 2 even...

Sacnilk numbers:

India Net Collection    ₹ 267.2 Cr

Worldwide Collection ₹ 431 Cr

Brahmastra Part One: Shiva Budget: ₹ 350 Cr* Approx

Brahmastra Part One: Shiva Verdict: Hit

Clearly not the Indian Net Collection had been the base for the 'official' verdict, but the worldwide gross collection...

So, I guess, KJo created a new verdict system...

Well they can't say that their power couple first movie was a disaster smiley36

May be after love and war release they can think about making part 2smiley36

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Give a reliable source of Budget figure on which the assumptions are made.

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The Brahmatsra timeline was so fun though. Remember when they used to bring in external factors like satellite, music to try to up it. Then Karan and Disney dropped it like nothing.

DISASTER.