Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

You just named 2 ranbir songs that I’m assuming you think are good. So using your description they are still timeless after 11 years. 

As for Alia I still really love the Student of the year 1 songs. 

I don't care much for them but I mention these two songs because I hear them a lot at weddings and functions. But that's the extent I can think of for Ranbir that could qualify. We'll see if years from now, if they're still remembered or forgotten.

This isn't about personal taste but which songs have hit a chord with the public and are still beloved with all generations. The song you can play in the middle of the street and everybody will recognize it. Or a song that another movie plays specifically to elicit some emotional effect from audiences. Songs from films like KKHH, DDLJ, Gadar, HAHK, Chandni, Darr, Mr. India, Mughal-E-Azam, Sholay, Devdas, Raja Hindustani, etc. that are a part of the public consciousness. 

hasini009 thumbnail

Hyundai Brand Ambassadors bhi nahi aaye?smiley36

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I’m more discussing ranbir and Alia doing Bobby’s famous dance move during the performance. 

Thats one beat too far. Its too spoon fed for me 

Bobby Deol of all people...below average actors can make a return after such a long time. Boney wasn't wrong when he said Arjun had a chance for a comeback if Bobby could do it. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't care much for them but I mention these two songs because I hear them a lot at weddings and functions. But that's the extent I can think of for Ranbir that could qualify. We'll see if years from now, if they're still remembered or forgotten.

This isn't about personal taste but which songs have hit a chord with the public and are still beloved with all generations. The song you can play in the middle of the street and everybody will recognize it. Or a song that another movie plays specifically to elicit some emotional effect from audiences. Songs from films like KKHH, DDLJ, Gadar, HAHK, Chandni, Darr, Mr. India, Mughal-E-Azam, Sholay, Devdas, Raja Hindustani, etc. that are a part of the public consciousness. 

While I don't disagree with your point, you'll have a hard time finding any songs that are like that since 2010, when the music industry started stagnating due to forced closeness by biggies. Nowadays songs do well with stars that don't do as great in the BO (Aashiqui 2, Baaghi, Street Dancer...etc).

[Post Removed]

Katyayani786 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Gone are the times when everyone, including the audience, would come together and celebrate Bollywood. I remember as a child how we all used to cherish watching these shows as a family. Now they are just so boring with poor attendance of the stars, the edited emotions/reactions and rigged awards 

Katyayani786 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Bobby Deol of all people...below average actors can make a return after such a long time. Boney wasn't wrong when he said Arjun had a chance for a comeback if Bobby could do it. 

Bobby Deol in that 15 mnt role earned more praise than Anyone else in the movie, let alone Arjun for his entire career. Boney is simply delusional. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

But filmfare has credibility because they gave ayushmann the debut award and did not give any debut award to student of the year casts. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

But filmfare has credibility because they gave ayushmann the debut award and did not give any debut award to student of the year casts. 

That's bare minimum. None of them lobbied either for that win thats why. Now Alia and Ranbir are lobbying for everything together. 

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

The award show took place in Gujarat. I guess FF didn't have enough to money fly entire bollywood in first class smiley36