Let's talk about the LACK of STARS in the Filmfare awards

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

We know Filmfare are trash and people don't care about them. But it seems we saw more stars at some random fashion award then Filmfare awards. 

No Katrina, Deepika, Ranveer, Bachchans, Rekha, Vicky, Kiara, Sid, Kriti, Shahid, Akshay etc. 

It was embarrassing. Ranbir had to dance, present, fake it with Alia to get that award since that is the only way of winning one. I am sure Bebo had to be paid to even attend with the lack of stars. 

Alia winning was actually the biggest joke that is saying that is insulting. 

Years back the likes of Ajay and Aamir made it known that FF is corrupt, Rishi said he bought one for his brother. So the prestigious died long-time ago 

But the lack of stars is embarrassing. These awards gotten so bad that anyone worth a name ignores them and don't even go. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I posted this in another thread but it's even more relevant here because I was also taken aback by the fact that literally no stars were present. 

I didn't watch the show but from what I've read on here, there were basically no A-Listers present at all. No SRK, Deepika, Ranveer, Hrithik, Rani, Katrina, and not even Vicky. It seems no one was interested this year at all and I wonder how much of that has to do with KJo's influence on these awards. Do you have to show up to get the award or do you not bother showing up when you realize you won't win? I remember Priyanka said she went the year she was nominated for Barfi but found out upon arrival that she wasn't winning and wanted to leave.

The biggest sign that awards have lost relevance is when you can't even get A-Listers to show up. The Oscars have had a similar problem in recent years when they can't get A-Listers so they find B and C-Listers and try to pass them off as the public's darlings. But it's more noticeable here because Hollywood has long since lost the concept of movie stars so it's become the norm there but they still exist in India (even if they're all essentially from the 90s/2000s era). The lack of their attention to Filmfare this year really shows that Filmfare has become utterly meaningless. It's not the event of the year like it used to be in the 90s/2000s when these same stars don't even bother to come.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Ranbir and Alia did a solo dance to Bobby Deols Song 🍺 smiley36

StacyStyle thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I posted this in another thread but it's even more relevant here because I was also taken aback by the fact that literally no stars were present. 

I didn't watch the show but from what I've read on here, there were basically no A-Listers present at all. No SRK, Deepika, Ranveer, Hrithik, Rani, Katrina, and not even Vicky. It seems no one was interested this year at all and I wonder how much of that has to do with KJo's influence on these awards. Do you have to show up to get the award or do you not bother showing up when you realize you won't win? I remember Priyanka said she went the year she was nominated for Barfi but found out upon arrival that she wasn't winning and wanted to leave.

The biggest sign that awards have lost relevance is when you can't even get A-Listers to show up. The Oscars have had a similar problem in recent years when they can't get A-Listers so they find B and C-Listers and try to pass them off as the public's darlings. But it's more noticeable here because Hollywood has long since lost the concept of movie stars so it's become the norm there but they still exist in India (even if they're all essentially from the 90s/2000s era). The lack of their attention to Filmfare this year really shows that Filmfare has become utterly meaningless. It's not the event of the year like it used to be in the 90s/2000s when these same stars don't even bother to come.

My dislike for the 🤡 couple. But it is bad and was very embarassing. Look at the nominees of the female leads. Taapsee, Deepika and Kiara didn't bother to show up. 

Vicky ignored them and he was nominated for 3 awards and won one..

SRK and Ranveer didn't bother. 

The whole occasion was embarrassing these people would rather go to the Ambani function then bother go to the Filmfare. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

After Aloo's win for her 15 minute role in Gully Boy people probably got left with a bad taste in their mouth that never wanted to experience again. Sad! It used to be an event where the entire industry use to gather to celebrate cinema. smiley20

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I said the same thing in another thread. It seems like A listers don't show up at the awards anymore. You see the same people attending it these days. Surprise kiara did not went to this award because she is there at every award and event

StacyStyle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I said the same thing in another thread. It seems like A listers don't show up at the awards anymore. You see the same people attending it these days. Surprise kiara did not went to this award because she is there at every award and event

Because Kiara knew she wasn't winning. Karan couldn't even throw her a bone.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: lauriesa

My dislike for the 🤡 couple. But it is bad and was very embarassing. Look at the nominees of the female leads. Taapsee, Deepika and Kiara didn't bother to show up. 

Vicky ignored them and he was nominated for 3 awards and won one..

SRK and Ranveer didn't bother. 

The whole occasion was embarrassing these people would rather go to the Ambani function then bother go to the Filmfare. 

Exactly. Pretty much everyone who was nominated, minus the few who are KJo's favs, did not show up at all. Not even Vicky who did win had enough interest to bother despite three nominations. What this shows is that this was not an isolated incident of one or two celebs feeling annoyed or disgruntled and not showing up. It wasn't just the non-film family actors like Deepika, Ranveer, Taapsee, Kiara, Sid, Katrina, Vicky, etc. who didn't care. All the big film families unanimously rejected this event whether it was Chopras, Khans, Deols, Bachchans, etc. Only exception was the Kapoors since they are singlehandedly the biggest beneficiaries of KJo right now. And frankly, they just look like clowns, dancing and parading themselves around in front of a bunch of Z-Listers. If you're going to sell yourself (as Kangana "eloquently" noted about Filmfare performers last year), at least do it for the cream of the crop and not a bunch of nobodies.

Otherwise, what we're seeing is the entire film industry with all of its major players boycotting/blacklisting these particular awards. And they've been showing up for just about every other event and premiere which means it was only Filmfare they had zero interest in. They all knew what was going to happen and didn't feel the need to subject themselves to further indignity and watching these once hailed awards be further desecrated by the antics of KJo's gang. 

I hope KJo is smug knowing that one day, when people put the blame on who was responsible for eradicating any prestige of India's oldest awards ceremony, it will be his face people will think of and this particular day/year is what will be marked as the beginning of the end. Every empire has its fall and the dawn is setting on KJo's. He is losing all his big friends and allies, like SRK, and the nepo baby gang he supports has no power, influence, or love from audiences to power him through without the heavy hitters of the industry.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Ranbir and Alia did a solo dance to Bobby Deols Song 🍺 smiley36

They couldn't get the original to come so they settled for the only two who were low enough to sell themselves in order to gain some meaningless awards. 

priya185 thumbnail

This particular award show was in Gujarat so it may have been inconvenient for some

Apart from that filmfare has a clear bias. I am bored of Alia winning even if she doesn't have a substantial role. They don't even nominate Deepika for supporting actress for an influential and impactful role but Alia as Sakeena gets best actress with no meat only hitting people with bottles