Users

Frequent Posters

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

Why are you sounding like you are writing for an English language exam smiley36

No ma'am, certainly not writing for an English paper today. I'm working on my creative writing piece currently, which requires me to be a little dramatic. Keeping with the flow.  

In basic words. Akshay also didn't contribute a comment toward the film. With so many projects happening,  everyone is watching out for themselves. 

If there was no Deepika, maybe the film would have been even better.

I haven't watched it yet to give a more detailed analysis. 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Which is why everyone from Karan Johar to SS Rajamouli called it a "Game changer", "Shake the industry", their favorite film etc etc etc. The directors table was going Ga Ga over Animal. 

But we should listen to someone who doesn't know the A,B,C of film-making. Your Fighter won't even make 50% of Animal in A centres, forget Mass centres. smiley36

game changer? really, well you are talking like pathaan, jawan, gadar 2 did not do 50% of animal in the mass centers, what is the logic?

A movie is a game changer when it does sth which other movies could not do, here clearly there are 3 other movies in the same year which did more numbers than it, so yes my point stands, you can earn money but trash cannot be a masterpiece.

And yes fighter will not earn this and it was not made to earn this, Hrithik is not a spoon fed sharabi nepo for whom whole industry makes movie to give him hits after every 5 disasters in the box office.

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

game changer? really, well you are talking like pathaan, jawan, gadar 2 did not do 50% of animal in the mass centers, what is the logic?

A movie is a game changer when it does sth which other movies could not do, here clearly there are 3 other movies in the same year which did more numbers than it, so yes my point stands, you can earn money but trash cannot be a masterpiece.

And yes fighter will not earn this and it was not made to earn this, Hrithik is not a spoon fed sharabi nepo for whom whole industry makes movie to give him hits after every 5 disasters in the box office.

Dude..."Game Changer" in film-making....not box office. This is exhausting. smiley36

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

My issue is, HR supports everyone, like he always shows support. I get why they wouldnt want to support Deepika, but HR? 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: lauriesa

My issue is, HR supports everyone, like he always shows support. I get why they wouldnt want to support Deepika, but HR? 

That was my topic but people changed it to sth else.

Anyways, I am glad HR is happy and he continues to do good films. I hope he signs sth post War 2, cannot wait for the next one. Hopefully a non action film now.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Which is why everyone from Karan Johar to SS Rajamouli called it a "Game changer", "Shake the industry", their favorite film etc etc etc. The directors table was going Ga Ga over Animal. 

But we should listen to someone who doesn't know the A,B,C of film-making. Your Fighter won't even make 50% of Animal in A centres, forget Mass centres. smiley36

Every one in real world has loved animal..only online people have a problem with it..but yep fighter being thrice the budget won't do even half of animal and thats the audience's verdict..deal with it! 

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Industry like real life is all about money. Had Fighter opened to better numbers , you might have seen them tweet about HR and Fighter.

Few years back Aamir was the bhagwan for the industry. SRK was getting ignored. Then Aamir films bombed and now SRK films are big hits , so industry people are back to SRK gushing. 

WAR for example got a lot of love. In reality, Fighter is a much much superior film than War. The aerial action scenes have been done so well .  It deserves appreciation. To be able to deliver such quality scenes at such less budget is praiseworthy. It is actually a game changer for Bollywood  but because of underwhelming box office , it will not get appreciated sadly. Bina movie dekhe sasta top gun bolke nikal jana cool lagta hai kuch logon ko. 

You have to be a weird Bollywood fan to dislike Hrithik . Man minds his business to the point of being hadd boring. Does so less movies. Stays away from the limelight otherwise. I mean kya agenda can you have against him? smiley36

Katyayani786 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I feel for the clear apathy he is been receiving from the industry like since forever. This is still a stupid movie but he didn’t even receive any support when he was being hounded and by the biggest psychopath of the industry. It’s even more disheartening because he is the first one to jump in and lend his support to some. He was the first to make posts on Brahmastra, Pathaan etc. Unfortunately the industry is filled with selfish people like Mr.SRK who love getting support from others but don’t believe in returning the favor. 

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

That was my topic but people changed it to sth else.

Anyways, I am glad HR is happy and he continues to do good films. I hope he signs sth post War 2, cannot wait for the next one. Hopefully a non action film now.

January has been bad for my favorites, Katrina, Deeoika and HR seems to be having average or flops movies.

Having said so, I am actually disappointed at Deepika and HR picks. HR now is doing all these huge blockbuster movies, huge directors instead of experimenting. Deepika is now doing all these side roles with huge A listers because she scared after Chaapaka,

I know Merry Christmas flopped but I am glad Katrina did it, she did something different to what she is used to. Yes it didnt do well but at least she is leaving her safety net.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: lauriesa

January has been bad for my favorites, Katrina, Deeoika and HR seems to be having average or flops movies.

Having said so, I am actually disappointed at Deepika and HR picks. HR now is doing all these huge blockbuster movies, huge directors instead of experimenting. Deepika is now doing all these side roles with huge A listers because she scared after Chaapaka,

I know Merry Christmas flopped but I am glad Katrina did it, she did something different to what she is used to. Yes it didnt do well but at least she is leaving her safety net.

Hey do not be upset, I am sure they will pick better movies. I am happy they chose Fighter, it has excellent reviews so in the long run people will remember the movie even if it is not a huge Blockbuster.

Hrithik did Vikram Vedha in between, it flopped so I guess he will experiment irrespective of BO numbers.

And January, Kaho Na Pyaar hai was a January release, and is iconic, so I do not blame a certain month, maybe the promotions were much needed for Fighter. Deepika did not promote much and Hrithik anyways does not have a good PR